OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 scale "Chubby" Female Body (2 styles, with or without a head sculpt)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

GeeWillikers

Just got mine (a 39 suntan), and straight out of the box this already seems like a massive improvement in build quality over the 28/29. Readers may not be surprised to hear that the first thing I tried was removing the hands, and I'm happy to report there were no issues whatsoever with the ball joints on the wrists detaching themselves (as with 2 out of 3 of the 29's I own).

I'm not prepared to road-test this figure to destruction though, and so I'm being extremely careful with the arms as they seem a little stiff at the shoulders - but only time will tell how they (literally) hold up. No issues with the legs, but the body seems slightly less flexible at the waist - perhaps unsurprisingly given it's a little 'thicker' in that area. This is compensated for, however, by perhaps the most flexible neck TBL have yet produced (even more so than the 32/33).

The height difference in gooboo's pics is no photographical/optical illusion, either - this is slightly shorter than the 28/29. And I don't know if this is peculiar to mine, and it's subtle, but the skintone on this 39 seems less 'pink' than other newer suntan models.

I think the major nightmare will be dressing it, with those boobs and hips - I may experiment with some 1/4 BJD doll clothing when the time comes.

Overall this is a nice body, but its 'niche' physique means I'll probably only get one or two of them.

Dear TBLeague,

We now need a similar model of similar height, but less 'curvaceous' even than the 28/29 (those hyper-boobed 24-27 models really don't count). But first we need more ethnic skintones of course. Very Happy

jaztermareal

GeeWillikers wrote:Just got mine (a 39 suntan), and straight out of the box this already seems like a massive improvement in build quality over the 28/29.
I think the major nightmare will be dressing it, with those boobs and hips - I may experiment with some 1/4 BJD doll clothing when the time comes.

good to hear quality seems good. Sourcing fitting clothes was one of my first thoughts when looking at the larger body

GeeWillikers wrote:
Dear TBLeague,

We now need a similar model of similar height, but less 'curvaceous' even than the 28/29 (those hyper-boobed 24-27 models really don't count). But first we need more ethnic skintones of course. Very Happy

I think the wide hips would be good to keep, but definitely need some bodies with smaller boobs and narrow shoulders, plus of course like you say different skin tones.

I am glad that TBL did at least make the boobs on this new body look less like bolt ons, so many female bodies on the market seem to be based on women living in zero gravity

skywalkersaga

Thanks for the quick review, GeeW! I was always on the fence about the original s28/29's, mainly cause I thought the hips were still too narrow on that one. I prefer the shape of this latest 'curvy' figure, and especially the fact that it's shorter. Can't afford it right now, but this one is now pretty high on my list of 'eventually's (unless they come out with a version that is the same but with smaller bust in the meantime).

gooboo

I'm glad you liked the body too GeeWillikers. I got an s38, but I'll be getting an s39 at some point as well just because I like the body so much. But I also agree, finding outfits for this body will be difficult, and I'll probably just have to try my hand at sewing my own.

brassco

brassco
gooboo wrote:The breasts are clearly larger, but look like they obey gravity to some degree.

It would be a dream to have all other breast sizes of TBleague's models to have that "gravity" effect! Love handles, maybe?

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
As usual for me after a day or two of owning one of these, the honeymoon is over. Very Happy

No major build problems apparent or anything (perhaps because I'm still handling it with great caution), but I've now noticed a couple of slightly disappointing things, mostly in the moulding. There are a couple of small 'depression rings' (the best way I have of describing them) on the outer side of each breast, and the point where the two halves of the body mould are joined has a conspicuous line (in-hand, at least) on the inner legs.

Of course, real-world light conditions can and do play a major part in the perception of these features. These are minor quibbles that seem - so far - to be practically invisible when photographed, and they may also only be peculiar to my own particular figure. Keep her decently-attired, and they're unnoticable.

Perhaps this post is more useful as a revealing window on what a nightmare I must be to live with, with my nit-picking. Laughing

It's still a nice body type, but for all that there's always something that's 'off' with a TBL body for me. I keep buying 'em, though. Smile

DarthJ

Mine have arrived too.  Sooner than expected. No shipping costs. No Import taxes. Wonderful.

They have a curvy, natural shape. Stocky but not fat.  The heads are the same tone as the body. They seem to have applied heavier make-up. Tbleague seems to have dropped the "Barbie" attitude as there are more "details", top and bottom.

tbleague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 scale "Chubby" Female Body (2 styles, with or without a head sculpt) - Page 3 Img_2312

2Phaced

Thanks for the reviews, good to hear QC issues from earlier models have been resolved.

Has anyone found some outfits that are readily available, and are a good fit for the S38/39?

bunnyfreakz

bunnyfreakz
Clothing with scretchy fabric will work.

Something alongside this tbleague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 scale "Chubby" Female Body (2 styles, with or without a head sculpt) - Page 3 S-l1600

DarthJ

I have that dress above though haven't discovered a way to fit it without fatally twisting any body parts yet. It doesn't open at the back, no velcro, buttons or zipper.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stretchier fabrics definitely help. I have this pretty simple dress that has always been easy to use on TBLeague bodies and S39A is no exception:
tbleague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 scale "Chubby" Female Body (2 styles, with or without a head sculpt) - Page 3 S39bte10

cuongcodon

cuongcodon
Can i ask one question:

Is this secret part ( sculpted genitals) is detailed or censored ?

i don't buy an s28 then really i can't imagine.

thank you

DarthJ

cuongcodon wrote:Can i ask one question:

thank you

As I mentioned before :

Tbleague seems to have dropped the "Barbie" attitude as there are more "details", top and bottom.

Unfortunately you can't show these details on this "family-friendly" site.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
cuongcodon wrote:Is this secret part (sculpted genitals) is detailed or censored?

It is there, if that's what you're asking, although it is not the most elaborate version they have sculpted.

cuongcodon

cuongcodon
DarthJ wrote:
cuongcodon wrote:Can i ask one question:

thank you

As I mentioned before :

Tbleague seems to have dropped the "Barbie" attitude as there are more "details", top and bottom.

Unfortunately you can't show these details on this "family-friendly" site.

thank you, i already made an order.

cuongcodon

cuongcodon
GubernatorFan wrote:
cuongcodon wrote:Is this secret part (sculpted genitals) is detailed or censored?

It is there, if that's what you're asking, although it is not the most elaborate version they have sculpted.

then so what is the best detailed figures which they have done ?

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
cuongcodon wrote:then so what is the best detailed figures which they have done ?

According to Giantoy, the most elaborately detailed "secret parts" are on the S07C, S22A, and S32A bodies (and their counterparts -- see the catalog and links HERE).

cuongcodon

cuongcodon
GubernatorFan wrote:
cuongcodon wrote:then so what is the best detailed figures which they have done ?

According to Giantoy, the most elaborately detailed "secret parts" are on the S07C, S22A, and S32A bodies (and their counterparts -- see the catalog and links HERE).

thank you very much.

DarthJ

After working a while with S38 and s39 more and more it appears to me that their head is too small for that massive body.

I did a switch with a small S27 body and a larger head and the proportions seem more correct to me.

Actually both heads are not that different except for the blonde having a long oval face while the darkhaired one has a more circular face.

tbleague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 scale "Chubby" Female Body (2 styles, with or without a head sculpt) - Page 3 Img_2314

cuongcodon

cuongcodon
gooboo wrote:Here are my pictures/thoughts on the s38-

First of all, DHL was amazing. I got this thing in four days. To compare, I have another order from Giantoy using the free shipping that I ordered on June 3, and it still hasn't come in the mail.

The figure looks like it's based off of the s28/s29 model. The breasts are clearly larger, but look like they obey gravity to some degree, as opposed to the big breast Jiaou dolls I've seen. The waist/hips are a bit thicker and the butt bigger, but I think the forearms/wrists are better done on this figure and aren't as chunky as they are on the s28/s29. The genital details on this model are the same as the s28/s29. I think this is also a tad shorter than the s28, but it could also have been my posing. Overall I really like the model, and I'll probably get another one in the future.

tbleague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 scale "Chubby" Female Body (2 styles, with or without a head sculpt) - Page 3 S38_110

tbleague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 scale "Chubby" Female Body (2 styles, with or without a head sculpt) - Page 3 S38_210

tbleague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 scale "Chubby" Female Body (2 styles, with or without a head sculpt) - Page 3 S38_310

tbleague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 scale "Chubby" Female Body (2 styles, with or without a head sculpt) - Page 3 S38_410

tbleague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 scale "Chubby" Female Body (2 styles, with or without a head sculpt) - Page 3 S38_510

tbleague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 scale "Chubby" Female Body (2 styles, with or without a head sculpt) - Page 3 S38_610

Some photos next to my s28-

tbleague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 scale "Chubby" Female Body (2 styles, with or without a head sculpt) - Page 3 Compar14

tbleague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 scale "Chubby" Female Body (2 styles, with or without a head sculpt) - Page 3 Compar15

tbleague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 scale "Chubby" Female Body (2 styles, with or without a head sculpt) - Page 3 Compar16

I love this figure, if the breasts were a tad smaller it would probably be my new favorite over the s28/s29.

tbleague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 scale "Chubby" Female Body (2 styles, with or without a head sculpt) - Page 3 S38_fi10

Hello. i am just buy the phantom killer but i do not like the body ( the genital sculpture no details ).

Then i have a plan to repace it with this s39 ( i think the phantom killer is suntan).

But i worry that will the s39 got the censored too ( the genital sculpture no details ).

So could i ask you sharing with me some pictures of s39 nude body ( via messenger becuse of the rule of forum).

Thank you so much.

gooboo

Here is a link to the picture.

https://i.servimg.com/u/f39/20/08/92/87/pic10.jpg

cuongcodon

cuongcodon
gooboo wrote:Here is a link to the picture.

https://i.servimg.com/u/f39/20/08/92/87/pic10.jpg

thank you so much.

That is the same as the phantom killer body.

I will waiting for next typr og body.

ahbake

I'm not sure, but I think the only Phicen/TBLeague figures with anatomically correct private parts (front and back) were the 09 series? After that I think somebody mentioned that the ones with private parts only had the from detailed.

cuongcodon

cuongcodon
ahbake wrote:I'm not sure, but I think the only Phicen/TBLeague figures with anatomically correct private parts (front and back) were the 09 series? After that I think somebody mentioned that the ones with private parts only had the from detailed.

like you i still not know much about the type of body with or without correct private parts (front and back).
Then i will check carefully before i purchase any of body type.

Thank you very much for your sharing,

Diana

Diana
Saw these on Ebay and thought I'd share. I especially like the ruffled one. Smile

https://ebay.us/iszCr3
tbleague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 scale "Chubby" Female Body (2 styles, with or without a head sculpt) - Page 3 0114

https://ebay.us/Gi0CGb
tbleague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 scale "Chubby" Female Body (2 styles, with or without a head sculpt) - Page 3 0214

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Those are pretty nice; agreed on the scrunchy version - very cute.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

tbleague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 scale "Chubby" Female Body (2 styles, with or without a head sculpt) - Page 3 C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Yep, I'm going for those last dresses... Thanks for showing.

felixkh

Thank you for the review. I am new to to this hobby of collecting Phicen dolls and I was thinking of getting the S39 and this review helped me decide to buy it.

JohnByng

I want to do a female Soviet soldier and this body would be great, but getting an outfit for her would be next to impossible!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum