OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: Flagset: 1/6 Red Alert Soviet female officer Katyusha (#FS73029)

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

blackpool

interesting one! It brings back some good memories, red alert was such a great game (like most command n conquer)

doodlehobby

Ok. I caved on this one. Looks very nicely done and can see this fitting Red Alert alright. But we really need a Yuri! LOL. Seriously if they made a Yuri, I wouldn't be able to resist. I missed out on Phicen Tanya though as that was a time when I was just learning about 1/6.

JohnByng

I really like the look of this. It is a fantasy figure and it has a kind of anime/graphic novel feel to it.

24flagset - NEW PRODUCT: Flagset: 1/6 Red Alert Soviet female officer Katyusha (#FS73029) - Page 2 Empty Quick Preview Teaser Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:53 pm

doodlehobby

Just got this in. Don't have much time to inspect but it looks very nice indeed. Only issue is the magazines (dislodged and found inside the box - be especially careful with the hand clips as they are thin and small and mine were found inside the unglued flaps of the box) and revolver (yeah... mine is broken, but think I can pin and fix it).

flagset - NEW PRODUCT: Flagset: 1/6 Red Alert Soviet female officer Katyusha (#FS73029) - Page 2 50343047748_50c45a3c4d_bShipper by Vicki Lee, on Flickr

flagset - NEW PRODUCT: Flagset: 1/6 Red Alert Soviet female officer Katyusha (#FS73029) - Page 2 50343913417_5e2afe34c9_bBox Front Sides by Vicki Lee, on Flickr

flagset - NEW PRODUCT: Flagset: 1/6 Red Alert Soviet female officer Katyusha (#FS73029) - Page 2 50343074108_5a80d7d03b_bBox Back Top Bottom by Vicki Lee, on Flickr

flagset - NEW PRODUCT: Flagset: 1/6 Red Alert Soviet female officer Katyusha (#FS73029) - Page 2 50343754716_166a00976a_bContents by Vicki Lee, on Flickr

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Looks promising to be just like the promotional stuff.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
That’s unfortunate about the damaged revolver. Looking forward to seeing more pics.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

flagset - NEW PRODUCT: Flagset: 1/6 Red Alert Soviet female officer Katyusha (#FS73029) - Page 2 C8485110

csyeung

csyeung
Thanks for the pictures! Looking forward to mine, mine's still in transit somewhere.

csyeung

csyeung
Mine finally arrived today! I'll share a couple quick shots and more when I get some more time to photograph it. Like Doodlehobby, one of my small clips also came out and was rattling around in the box. It's quite small so do be careful when opening as the items can come loose and dislodge from that second tray (the rifle clips didn't have proper holes cut out on mine either). The revolver seemed fine on mine, but none of the guns are diecast, they are all plastic. My revolver i got loose from tbleague cowgirl seems to be better made although that one comes apart easily as well. The barrel was pretty tight on this one for me.

flagset - NEW PRODUCT: Flagset: 1/6 Red Alert Soviet female officer Katyusha (#FS73029) - Page 2 Dsc01110
flagset - NEW PRODUCT: Flagset: 1/6 Red Alert Soviet female officer Katyusha (#FS73029) - Page 2 Dsc01111

Some initial observations. the material on the uniform looks a bit thicker in hand than from the prototype and may look a bit poofy here in these initial picks. I have to put the straps on, but I pinched the back of the uniform and it looks nicer like that.

The head looks pretty close to the proto I would say. The paint apps are good. It's not hot toys quality or anything, I would say similar to a third party head sculpt you find online. It doesn't appear to have the flecking in the protos. Still a pretty sculpt though. You can also see in my pics that the hair isn't straight white, but has a bluish grey tint to it. If you are grabbing it loose, I would also mention that it appears to be on the smaller scale of heads, like a ymtoys it think. The hair is super soft, so i don't think it's that harder synthetic hair, probably mohair. They also wrapped and tied the front strands, maybe so the rest of the hair isn't as unruly? I guess it'll look ok under the hats, but you may have to untie if you are using it as a kitbash .

Edit: i forgot to add, out of the box, the head sits low or looks like it sits low because the clothes seem thicker. I wiggled it and raised it a bit here.

I still need to futz with it, the fishnets stockings are hanging low. I also noticed that the foot part of the high heels seems larger than the protos. I may change out those boots out for more military boots I think. The heels/boots kinda make the figure more cartoonish hehe, but can work if that's what you like as well.

The extra gun appears to be a hungarian femaru. That was sold to the germans in ww2 so I'm not sure why it was included. Maybe she beat up a german soldier and stole his gun? It does not appear in the promo pics.

Hopefully I'll have more time later in the week to put up some more pics and do a review.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
She doesn’t look bad.

By the way, taking weapons, and other stuff, off ones’ enemies is par for the course in my experience.

flagset - NEW PRODUCT: Flagset: 1/6 Red Alert Soviet female officer Katyusha (#FS73029) - Page 2 C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
She does look very good. You managed to handle any challenges posed by the outfit very well. I like the head, although I wonder if there is just too much forehead. Smile

csyeung

csyeung
Stryker2011 wrote:She doesn’t look bad.

By the way, taking weapons, and other stuff, off ones’ enemies is par for the course in my experience.

Almost a must in any video game!

GubernatorFan wrote:She does look very good. You managed to handle any challenges posed by the outfit very well. I like the head, although I wonder if there is just too much forehead. Smile

There may be, I think it has to do with what I mentioned about that front strands of hair being tied around to the back. I'm sure if I loosened them and let it fall forward it should cover the forehead better. Also when I put either hat on, I don't think it will be an issue.

doodlehobby

Front strands are tied in the back. The side bangs are just gelled with the back strands fed through the winding bangs. I have her side bangs hanging off her shoulders now. Also she is petite looking in stature. Narrow shoulders with slender long legs (or at least perceived). Definitely looks diminutive against a S23B body. I'm actually planning to put it onto a S25B body which is on its way. See how that goes. Her head is definitely on the smaller side and her tone may be a mismatch as it is not suntan or pale from what I can see.

Also the fishnet stockings do need work. They do sit low and I still haven't had a chance to futz with it. The skirt barely covers it and can be seen.

Sorry no pics as I have not had the time. Work is picking up again. And flu season is not going to make things better! LOL

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
Did some eye enhancement on the one on the Right. The left is the way she came originally. I also gave her a beauty mark on here cheek. Please enjoy the pictures.

flagset - NEW PRODUCT: Flagset: 1/6 Red Alert Soviet female officer Katyusha (#FS73029) - Page 2 50376076161_315c169931_bDSC09748 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

flagset - NEW PRODUCT: Flagset: 1/6 Red Alert Soviet female officer Katyusha (#FS73029) - Page 2 50376245112_8ea02a2b1b_bDSC09749 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

flagset - NEW PRODUCT: Flagset: 1/6 Red Alert Soviet female officer Katyusha (#FS73029) - Page 2 50376245062_078b7b6dcf_bDSC09750 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Nice improvements.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
Interesting how the beauty mark (which is not exactly the most complex repaint ever) actually makes such a big difference to the appearance of this particular figure. The eye enhancements, of course, are an improvement also,

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
Stryker2011 wrote:Nice improvements.

Thanks my friend.

Moonbase Alpha Male wrote:Interesting how the beauty mark (which is not exactly the most complex repaint ever) actually makes such a big difference to the appearance of this particular figure.  The eye enhancements, of course, are an improvement also,

I'm honored to have kind works from my buddy on two forums. Thanks brother. Side note: I used an artist black inking pen to do the eye enhancements and the beauty mark. I was going to so the second figure too but decided to keep her original. It will be easier to tell them apart as they are twins.

doodlehobby

Very nice improvements.

I think it would have been a blast if you did a female version of Tomax/Xamot. But the hair would probably be a challenge. :p

csyeung

csyeung
actionfiguremovies2 wrote: I was going to so the second figure too but decided to keep her original. It will be easier to tell them apart as they are twins.

Nice modifications. Twins! Thats pretty cool!

An old black and white picture of Katyusha stolen from a spy.

flagset - NEW PRODUCT: Flagset: 1/6 Red Alert Soviet female officer Katyusha (#FS73029) - Page 2 Pictur10

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
csyeung wrote:
actionfiguremovies2 wrote: I was going to so the second figure too but decided to keep her original. It will be easier to tell them apart as they are twins.

Nice modifications. Twins! Thats pretty cool!

An old black and white picture of Katyusha stolen from a spy.

flagset - NEW PRODUCT: Flagset: 1/6 Red Alert Soviet female officer Katyusha (#FS73029) - Page 2 Pictur10

Very Cool.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Nice B&W manipulation. That is pretty cool — I only wish I knew how to actually use PS for something other than blurring naughty bits.

csyeung

csyeung
Stryker2011 wrote:Nice B&W manipulation. That is pretty cool — I only wish I knew how to actually use PS for something other than blurring naughty bits.

Thanks Stryker. Blurring naughty bits is an important job!

Here's another picture on the shelf

flagset - NEW PRODUCT: Flagset: 1/6 Red Alert Soviet female officer Katyusha (#FS73029) - Page 2 Katyus10

I discovered while putting on the coat that there are wires at the base to add movement. I did not expect that!

doodlehobby

Nice. I'm going to post pics once I do a body swap. I'll probably lose the boots though and hoping everything else will still look good.

Just contacted the seller on the broken pieces (rifle and revolver). I didn't even notice there was a piece of the rifle that was broken until I tried to attach the strap. Hopefully seller will have contact with Flagset about it.

csyeung

csyeung
doodlehobby wrote:Nice. I'm going to post pics once I do a body swap. I'll probably lose the boots though and hoping everything else will still look good.

Just contacted the seller on the broken pieces (rifle and revolver). I didn't even notice there was a piece of the rifle that was broken until I tried to attach the strap. Hopefully seller will have contact with Flagset about it.

oh, nice, I'd love to see the pics when you do! I'm also thinking of maybe replacing the boots. Yea the plastic hooks are delicate on the rifle. I think I may have bent one a bit clipping on the strap. It didn't break off though so I think I'm good heh. If you get a new one, open the clips fully first on the strap and you should avoid my mistake.

doodlehobby

Well, here's the "before" with my broken pieces... Interesting note, the back plastic hook seems to be way more flexible and forgiving than the front. The front was very thin, tiny brittle plastic that snapped very easily in my fingers when I was inspecting the hook breakage. The back hook I flexed back and forth a few times and still held well.
flagset - NEW PRODUCT: Flagset: 1/6 Red Alert Soviet female officer Katyusha (#FS73029) - Page 2 50391291083_b8d09eb86c_bRifle and Revolver Broken in box by Vicki Lee, on Flickr

Now here's my "after" using paper clips, wire stripper/cutter, side cutters, pin vise, bead pliers and hobby knife. I actually snapped off the release bar on the revolver during my insertion of the pin. So drilled a hole where it's supposed to go, sharpened the broken end into a point and shoved it into the hole. It's crooked in the shot but adjustable. It's actually holding better than if I glued it. :p
flagset - NEW PRODUCT: Flagset: 1/6 Red Alert Soviet female officer Katyusha (#FS73029) - Page 2 50391291128_6012b9ff45_bRevolver Pinned Mod 1 by Vicki Lee, on Flickr

flagset - NEW PRODUCT: Flagset: 1/6 Red Alert Soviet female officer Katyusha (#FS73029) - Page 2 50392155837_eed6ed4c6a_bRevolver Pinned Mod 2 by Vicki Lee, on Flickr

flagset - NEW PRODUCT: Flagset: 1/6 Red Alert Soviet female officer Katyusha (#FS73029) - Page 2 50392155712_fa4ce7a114_bRifle and Revolver Modded by Vicki Lee, on Flickr

Because the hooks are now metal, I don't really have to worry about attaching the straps as much. LOL
flagset - NEW PRODUCT: Flagset: 1/6 Red Alert Soviet female officer Katyusha (#FS73029) - Page 2 50392155657_6f4c191aae_bRifle Modded with Strap by Vicki Lee, on Flickr

csyeung

csyeung
Nice mods, well done! I think the back hook had some type of hinge but the front one didn't. I think the metal hook looks better now. Did you have to apply glue for those or did you just pin them in?

That bottom part of the revolver on mine is a bit crooked too, I think it's the mold.

doodlehobby

csyeung wrote:Nice mods, well done! I think the back hook had some type of hinge but the front one didn't. I think the metal hook looks better now. Did you have to apply glue for those or did you just pin them in?

That bottom part of the revolver on mine is a bit crooked too, I think it's the mold.
Thanks. I just pinned them in. They are pretty solid in there, so no real need for glue. The hooks and latch work great now. But have to press more on the latch to attach or remove as the metal hook is thicker. Though I could also just remove the hook as well since they are not glued in. Wink

doodlehobby

Ok. Finally did a body swap to a S25B. You can find it here:
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t3333-flagset-katyusha-body-swap-tbl-s25b Smile

csyeung

csyeung
Here are some pics and unboxing video. There are more pics at the end of video that's timestamped in description.

flagset - NEW PRODUCT: Flagset: 1/6 Red Alert Soviet female officer Katyusha (#FS73029) - Page 2 Dsc01112
flagset - NEW PRODUCT: Flagset: 1/6 Red Alert Soviet female officer Katyusha (#FS73029) - Page 2 Dsc01210
flagset - NEW PRODUCT: Flagset: 1/6 Red Alert Soviet female officer Katyusha (#FS73029) - Page 2 Dsc01211
flagset - NEW PRODUCT: Flagset: 1/6 Red Alert Soviet female officer Katyusha (#FS73029) - Page 2 Dsc01213
flagset - NEW PRODUCT: Flagset: 1/6 Red Alert Soviet female officer Katyusha (#FS73029) - Page 2 Dsc01212
flagset - NEW PRODUCT: Flagset: 1/6 Red Alert Soviet female officer Katyusha (#FS73029) - Page 2 Dsc01214

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Great photos and thanks for the unboxing and review!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum