OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: Flagset: 1/6 Red Alert Soviet female officer Katyusha (#FS73029)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

doodlehobby

Nice. I'm going to post pics once I do a body swap. I'll probably lose the boots though and hoping everything else will still look good.

Just contacted the seller on the broken pieces (rifle and revolver). I didn't even notice there was a piece of the rifle that was broken until I tried to attach the strap. Hopefully seller will have contact with Flagset about it.

csyeung

doodlehobby wrote:Nice. I'm going to post pics once I do a body swap. I'll probably lose the boots though and hoping everything else will still look good.

Just contacted the seller on the broken pieces (rifle and revolver). I didn't even notice there was a piece of the rifle that was broken until I tried to attach the strap. Hopefully seller will have contact with Flagset about it.

oh, nice, I'd love to see the pics when you do! I'm also thinking of maybe replacing the boots. Yea the plastic hooks are delicate on the rifle. I think I may have bent one a bit clipping on the strap. It didn't break off though so I think I'm good heh. If you get a new one, open the clips fully first on the strap and you should avoid my mistake.

doodlehobby

Well, here's the "before" with my broken pieces... Interesting note, the back plastic hook seems to be way more flexible and forgiving than the front. The front was very thin, tiny brittle plastic that snapped very easily in my fingers when I was inspecting the hook breakage. The back hook I flexed back and forth a few times and still held well.
videogame - NEW PRODUCT: Flagset: 1/6 Red Alert Soviet female officer Katyusha (#FS73029) - Page 3 50391291083_b8d09eb86c_bRifle and Revolver Broken in box by Vicki Lee, on Flickr

Now here's my "after" using paper clips, wire stripper/cutter, side cutters, pin vise, bead pliers and hobby knife. I actually snapped off the release bar on the revolver during my insertion of the pin. So drilled a hole where it's supposed to go, sharpened the broken end into a point and shoved it into the hole. It's crooked in the shot but adjustable. It's actually holding better than if I glued it. :p
videogame - NEW PRODUCT: Flagset: 1/6 Red Alert Soviet female officer Katyusha (#FS73029) - Page 3 50391291128_6012b9ff45_bRevolver Pinned Mod 1 by Vicki Lee, on Flickr

videogame - NEW PRODUCT: Flagset: 1/6 Red Alert Soviet female officer Katyusha (#FS73029) - Page 3 50392155837_eed6ed4c6a_bRevolver Pinned Mod 2 by Vicki Lee, on Flickr

videogame - NEW PRODUCT: Flagset: 1/6 Red Alert Soviet female officer Katyusha (#FS73029) - Page 3 50392155712_fa4ce7a114_bRifle and Revolver Modded by Vicki Lee, on Flickr

Because the hooks are now metal, I don't really have to worry about attaching the straps as much. LOL
videogame - NEW PRODUCT: Flagset: 1/6 Red Alert Soviet female officer Katyusha (#FS73029) - Page 3 50392155657_6f4c191aae_bRifle Modded with Strap by Vicki Lee, on Flickr

csyeung

Nice mods, well done! I think the back hook had some type of hinge but the front one didn't. I think the metal hook looks better now. Did you have to apply glue for those or did you just pin them in?

That bottom part of the revolver on mine is a bit crooked too, I think it's the mold.

doodlehobby

csyeung wrote:Nice mods, well done! I think the back hook had some type of hinge but the front one didn't. I think the metal hook looks better now. Did you have to apply glue for those or did you just pin them in?

That bottom part of the revolver on mine is a bit crooked too, I think it's the mold.
Thanks. I just pinned them in. They are pretty solid in there, so no real need for glue. The hooks and latch work great now. But have to press more on the latch to attach or remove as the metal hook is thicker. Though I could also just remove the hook as well since they are not glued in. Wink

doodlehobby

Ok. Finally did a body swap to a S25B. You can find it here:
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t3333-flagset-katyusha-body-swap-tbl-s25b Smile

csyeung

csyeung
Here are some pics and unboxing video. There are more pics at the end of video that's timestamped in description.

videogame - NEW PRODUCT: Flagset: 1/6 Red Alert Soviet female officer Katyusha (#FS73029) - Page 3 Dsc01112
videogame - NEW PRODUCT: Flagset: 1/6 Red Alert Soviet female officer Katyusha (#FS73029) - Page 3 Dsc01210
videogame - NEW PRODUCT: Flagset: 1/6 Red Alert Soviet female officer Katyusha (#FS73029) - Page 3 Dsc01211
videogame - NEW PRODUCT: Flagset: 1/6 Red Alert Soviet female officer Katyusha (#FS73029) - Page 3 Dsc01213
videogame - NEW PRODUCT: Flagset: 1/6 Red Alert Soviet female officer Katyusha (#FS73029) - Page 3 Dsc01212
videogame - NEW PRODUCT: Flagset: 1/6 Red Alert Soviet female officer Katyusha (#FS73029) - Page 3 Dsc01214

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Great photos and thanks for the unboxing and review!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
She looks much better with the hats on. Nice photos, Craig.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

videogame - NEW PRODUCT: Flagset: 1/6 Red Alert Soviet female officer Katyusha (#FS73029) - Page 3 C8485110

csyeung

csyeung
GubernatorFan wrote:Great photos and thanks for the unboxing and review!

Stryker2011 wrote:She looks much better with the hats on. Nice photos, Craig.

Thanks Guys! I had fun editing the slideshow at the end of the review. Yea, she definitely looks better with the hat. It covers up the high forehead and seamline there. I do think I'm a kinda sucker for a set that comes with a lot of accessories too I feel.

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Cool looking photos and video review, great looking figure csyeung!

csyeung

csyeung
BAD WOLF-787 wrote:Cool looking photos and video review, great looking figure csyeung!

Thanks Bad Wolf!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum