OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

STAR WARS The Further Adventures of Darth Maul (updated with Part III, May 2021)

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
For Part II (NSFW?), see Post 12 below.
For Part III, see Post 35 below.

The experimentation continues...

For the custom figure itself, see here:
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t2773-star-wars-darth-maul-custom-updated-with-part-iii-photo-heavy

For the painting part, see here, post 205:
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t260p164-painting-seamless-bodies-updated-april-2020#36579

Part I: Encounters in the Desert I

In recent news from Hollywood, a small set of previously unknown Star Wars scenes and corresponding portions of scripts have been leaked. The first of these appears to take place on an unidentified desert planet where Obi-Wan Kenobi has retired for a life of peaceful contemplation, until his serenity was rudely interrupted by the appearance of Darth Maul...

phicen - STAR WARS The Further Adventures of Darth Maul (updated with Part III, May 2021) Swdmt211

phicen - STAR WARS The Further Adventures of Darth Maul (updated with Part III, May 2021) Swdmt212

phicen - STAR WARS The Further Adventures of Darth Maul (updated with Part III, May 2021) Swdmt213

phicen - STAR WARS The Further Adventures of Darth Maul (updated with Part III, May 2021) Swdmt214

phicen - STAR WARS The Further Adventures of Darth Maul (updated with Part III, May 2021) Swdmt215

For Part II (NSFW?), see Post 12 below -- actually a "prequel" to this scene Smile.
For Part III, see Post 35 below.

#starwars #darthmaul #obiwankenobi #benkenobi #satire #humor #scifi #hottoys #tbleague #phicen #seamless #custom #m30

AlKelAstra91

AlKelAstra91
Oh man, is this a sneak peak of the new Obi-Wan movie (or will it be a Netflix show)? The funny thing is, I can read it from a humorous perspective but also see it legitimately being actual dialogue nowadays. lol Maul looks great in action, now you just need to chop off his fleshy legs and give him the mechanical ones he returns with to make this scene canon. Razz

Nice lightsaber effects, though. Did you photo manipulate them manually or is there a program to automatically generate the effects? Also, is that a new background print of your own photography? I haven't tried getting any stock images printed at Staples yet, they mentioned something about copyright stuff and whatnot so I haven't pushed it yet.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Pretty funny. I’m actually surprised you have an Ewan/Obi, Guv. Though I’m guessing you bought some parts loose rather than a boxed set.

AlkelAstra91 — I think he may have done them himself, but there are apps/programs out there that can make lightsaber effects. Here’s one that I found that works for videos and photos:

https://www.rebaslight.com/

He who dies with the most toys wins!

phicen - STAR WARS The Further Adventures of Darth Maul (updated with Part III, May 2021) C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
AlKelAstra91 wrote:Oh man, is this a sneak peak of the new Obi-Wan movie (or will it be a Netflix show)? The funny thing is, I can read it from a humorous perspective but also see it legitimately being actual dialogue nowadays. lol Maul looks great in action, now you just need to chop off his fleshy legs and give him the mechanical ones he returns with to make this scene canon. Razz

Nice lightsaber effects, though. Did you photo manipulate them manually or is there a program to automatically generate the effects? Also, is that a new background print of your own photography? I haven't tried getting any stock images printed at Staples yet, they mentioned something about copyright stuff and whatnot so I haven't pushed it yet.

Thank you, I'm glad you're embracing the satire on all intended levels! But as I've explained elsewhere, I don't care enough about this part of (alleged) canon to even want to give Maul robo-legs (and from what I understand those changed from one type to another in the course of that story).

I have no experience with the program linked by Stryker (or any other), but I downloaded a couple of lightsaber PNG images with transparent backgrounds, edited out the hilts, trimmed and scaled the laser blades, then applied some perspective and rotated them into the correct positions atop the plastic blades in the actual photos, and made them slightly (more) transparent. All this in Corel Draw, although it is probably doable in more basic graphic programs, too; I didn't even need to use Corel Photopaint (which is something like Photoshop), although in the hands of someone who knows his/her way around a program like that, they could surely achieve something far more spectacular or realistic. I haven't printed anything at Staples in over a year; usually a personal use image should not be a problem, especially if it is a generic landscape or nature or cityscape shot -- for a number of reasons it might be advisable to customize your image with cropping and color/brightness/contrast (etc) manipulation, essentially creating an image that is specific to your needs and, arguably, yours. When I printed my Death Star backgrounds, they were shots (actually scans) of diorama parts I owned, so I suppose they really were my images in every sense of the word. Also look in royalty-free images like the ones you find in Wikipedia. As long as you're not marketing someone else's stuff as your own to make money, I don't think you'll be amassing bad karma or worse. But anyway, in this instance I simply displayed one of those Windows lock screen images I had saved on my screen, zoomed in enough for it to take up the whole screen, hoping that it won't appear too pixellated, prayed that the figures won't display beyond the screen's frame (had to forego a really cool shot of Maul in pharaonic over-the-shoulder stabbing motion due to this) and took photos of that. The foreground "ground" is a stack of books and printer paper covered by a beige towel.

Stryker2011 wrote:Pretty funny. I’m actually surprised you have an Ewan/Obi, Guv. Though I’m guessing you bought some parts loose rather than a boxed set.

AlkelAstra91 — I think he may have done them himself, but there are apps/programs out there that can make lightsaber effects. Here’s one that I found that works for videos and photos: https://www.rebaslight.com/

Thank you very much! And I think you've seen my Ewan/Obi-Wan/Ben head sculpt before, HERE (Post 92). As with Maul, I did indeed only get parts of the Ewan Obi-Wan set (for example I didn't get the boots, but that worked out fine for his present role as a meditating hermit).

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Never in my life have I expected to see Obi Wan wearing flip flops and yet I now have and I must say... more jedi should wear flip flops.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! phicen - STAR WARS The Further Adventures of Darth Maul (updated with Part III, May 2021) 1f60e

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Theboo-bomb wrote:Never in my life have I expected to see Obi Wan wearing flip flops and yet I now have and I must say... more jedi should wear flip flops.

Well, he was expecting only some quiet meditation in the sand that day... LOL The sad truth is that I couldn't get the boots I wanted to put on him to work, so I gave up and went for this; all those rebels are kinda hippie anyway. Smile Probably worked out better for the plot... flimsy as it is.

Apparently someone else captured a shot of Obi-Wan walking it off somewhere else (how he got there is yet to be determined)... Smile

phicen - STAR WARS The Further Adventures of Darth Maul (updated with Part III, May 2021) ThaosetIMP+%286%29

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
He looks like he got beat up for wearing flip-flops in the first place. Wink

phicen - STAR WARS The Further Adventures of Darth Maul (updated with Part III, May 2021) C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:He looks like he got beat up for wearing flip-flops in the first place. Wink

LOL Yes, I remember how much you like those... but hey, at least they're not Crocs! LOL
Anyway, I'm pretty sure that's from the set of The Impossible.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

Nice, never thought I'd see a Jedi in flip flops.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thanks, Roger. More adventures coming up. Mark will be thrilled to know I have secured some Obi-Wan boots. But we'll see when they get here. Smile

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
GubernatorFan wrote:Mark will be thrilled to know I have secured some Obi-Wan boots. But we'll see when they get here. Smile

phicen - STAR WARS The Further Adventures of Darth Maul (updated with Part III, May 2021) Giphy

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Part II: Encounters in the Desert II

NSFW -- possibly Not Safe for Work: nothing explicit, but reference to adult situation

This recently leaked scene appears to take place shortly before the scene in Part I (Post 1 above). It would appear that the company tried to take into account Darth Maul's sex appeal but subsequently decided it was too much pandering to the fans, and that it doesn't support the desired two-dimensional bad-guy image well enough.

phicen - STAR WARS The Further Adventures of Darth Maul (updated with Part III, May 2021) Swdmt216

phicen - STAR WARS The Further Adventures of Darth Maul (updated with Part III, May 2021) Swdmt217

phicen - STAR WARS The Further Adventures of Darth Maul (updated with Part III, May 2021) Swdmt218

phicen - STAR WARS The Further Adventures of Darth Maul (updated with Part III, May 2021) Swdmt219

Stay tuned for additional leaks...

Ovy

Ovy
Haha, he reminds me of a caveman in multiple ways. Very Happy

That Sith-tomby background looks interesting, unusual perspective but works very well somehow.

I have that headsculpt too, still don't know what to do with it, weird skin and hair color, but cheap.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
phicen - STAR WARS The Further Adventures of Darth Maul (updated with Part III, May 2021) Giphy

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Just kidding. Nice touch.

But I thought you weren’t going to go there.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Ovy wrote:Haha, he reminds me of a caveman in multiple ways. Very Happy That Sith-tomby background looks interesting, unusual perspective but works very well somehow. I have that headsculpt too, still don't know what to do with it, weird skin and hair color, but cheap.

You just called the Nabataeans Sith! Lucky they are not around to take offense. Smile Because it's one of their tombs that provided the setting. Interesting reading on the caveman thing; I had rather intended this to be interpreted as her place, or something like it.

The sculpt (Emma?) is (I think) from Mini Times. I believe they made two versions, and there was a notice that they are smaller than the usual female 1/6-scale heads. So I picked them up for the petite TBLeague bodies. This one is a pretty good fit for the medium-petite body I used (even if it is not quite as pale as the pale skintone), but the other, a brunette, still looks too big.

Stryker2011 wrote:phicen - STAR WARS The Further Adventures of Darth Maul (updated with Part III, May 2021) Giphy

Cutest thing. Ever. I don't care it's disappointed in me. Smile

Stryker2011 wrote:Just kidding. Nice touch. But I thought you weren’t going to go there.

Thank you. And well... if you had seen what I had seen (and was referring to), you would know that I have not gone there. And insofar as I do, it is only for satirical purposes. Smile

Ovy

Ovy
Ah, old sand red tombs just remind me of  Korriban, the Sith world for years before it was retconned.

I think the blonde head is based on Kirsten Stewart. The original set was a Police/SWAT figure? I got it along with that brown haired Emma head, which was the one I chose for the Resonancy.

phicen - STAR WARS The Further Adventures of Darth Maul (updated with Part III, May 2021) PSX-20200311-191129

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

Great work yet again,

Maul gets his groove on, nice. The surgeon droids did a great job stitching him back together and everything is in working order.

Is that the Black Series Probe Droid?

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Ovy wrote:Ah, old sand red tombs just remind me of  Korriban, the Sith world for years before it was retconned.

I think the blonde head is based on Kirsten Stewart. The original set was a Police/SWAT figure? I got it along with that brown haired Emma head, which was the one I chose for the Resonancy.

Ah, you are probably right. That is the Emma I was talking about and she is not quite small enough to work perfectly with the smaller bodies.

Rogerbee wrote:Great work yet again, Maul gets his groove on, nice. The surgeon droids did a great job stitching him back together and everything is in working order.
Is that the Black Series Probe Droid?

LOL Yes, I suppose that could be true, and ancient futuristic technology can make it all better. But then again at this point I might reach for he ultimate retcon copout and declare certain movies nothing more than a bad dream. Or that these were all alternative outcomes and scenes that were not chosen in the end.

And yes, this is the Hasbro Black Series 1:12 (6-inch scale) Probe Droid, hence "half-size" above.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Lol, thanks for the entertainment. It may be for humour purposes, but the pics show off your awesome figure well. Your Maul is one of my fave SW customs I’ve seen in a while. :’D

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum