OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 girl anime S36 / S37 "small waist fine" body

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 6]

Diana

Oh wow, I can't wait to get mine. Sadly KGHobby only sent it off a few days ago and it's still in HK. I am expecting it within 10 days.

Is Tariah pale? I'm surprised the colours match so well, at least in the photo. I have a pale YMT016 Ming at the ready and I'm hoping a little BluTack will take care of the head connection for me.

I am getting this with two more bodies, so I will be having a photo shoot with all of my head sculpts. Smile

GeeWillikers

AerynDiana wrote:Oh wow, I can't wait to get mine. Sadly KGHobby only sent it off a few days ago and it's still in HK. I am expecting it within 10 days.

Is Tariah pale? I'm surprised the colours match so well, at least in the photo. I have a pale YMT016 Ming at the ready and I'm hoping a little BluTack will take care of the head connection for me.

I am getting this with two more bodies, so I will be having a photo shoot with all of my head sculpts. Smile

The Tariah h/s is *officially* suntan, but I have two (they're ridiculously cheap on ebay) and one of them is light enough to sort of work on a pale body under the right lighting conditions (if at that price these heads turn out to be knock-offs, then they're good ones).

I'm glad you're still looking forward to getting yours, I don't think I'll have any use for one though. It's annoying (for me) as it could just about pass for an overly-tall and skinny teen/YA character if those boobs, hips and waist weren't so ridiculously out of proportion.

Diana

Diana
She arrived. I’ll follow up with more photos and more heads but here is a quick preview with Ming and Anna by YMToys, my smallest heads:

Stylized - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 girl anime S36 / S37 "small waist fine" body - Page 3 1f0bcf10
Stylized - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 girl anime S36 / S37 "small waist fine" body - Page 3 A2521510

MeMyself&I

MeMyself&I
AerynDiana wrote:She arrived. I’ll follow up with more photos and more heads but here is a quick preview with Ming and Anna by YMToys, my smallest heads:

Stylized - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 girl anime S36 / S37 "small waist fine" body - Page 3 1f0bcf10
Stylized - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 girl anime S36 / S37 "small waist fine" body - Page 3 A2521510

Those heads REALY accentuate the weird proportions of those bodies. Are the feet really that disproportioned?

MeMyself&I

MeMyself&I
Stylized - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 girl anime S36 / S37 "small waist fine" body - Page 3 S37_ed10[/url]

A quick edit of what it may look like with a roughly 8% smaller head just to see if it can work or not.

Hope you don't mind my using your photo to do so Diana.

Nekk-ra

Wow. It doesn't even look like a 1/6 figure. It's the same height, but seems more 1/7 or 8th scaled. Bizarre.

Wonder if the Furiosa or Scully heads would work on that body, since they are infamously underscaled.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Nekk-ra wrote:Wow. It doesn't even look like a 1/6 figure. It's the same height, but seems more 1/7 or 8th scaled. Bizarre.

Wonder if the Furiosa or Scully heads would work on that body, since they are infamously underscaled.

The two different YM Anna heads I own are both even smaller than that Furiosa head, so... no I don't think they would work.

Sorry to say it but I just can't see me ever getting one of these bodies.

doodlehobby

May someone please post a side by side comparison of the body with a regular TBL (and possibly the S25/26)? I'm super curious.

PatriciaLaHag

PatriciaLaHag
And please could someone post a side by side comparison with a Barbie body? Please ??

Diana

Diana
Feel free to do with these picture what you want! Wink

Sadly I neither have a Barbie body nor a S25/26, but here is a quick comparison with an S16 (white underwear) and an S12D (black underwear).

PS: I have now fixed the Anna head with some blutack, which helps a lot and I don't mind it anymore actually. Smile

GeeWillikers wrote:The two different YM Anna heads I own...
Are they both this yellow/olive skinned?

Stylized - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 girl anime S36 / S37 "small waist fine" body - Page 3 Img_9529

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
AerynDiana wrote:

Stylized - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 girl anime S36 / S37 "small waist fine" body - Page 3 Img_9529

The two that I have don't even match each other.  Smile

The raven black-haired one is so ghostly pale that you could call it translucent - I had to blush it up quite a bit to get a match even with a pale TBL body.

The blonde looks slightly pinkish/darker (but that may be an optical illusion down to being framed by blonde hair). It's still too wan, but a better match to a TBL pale.

I got both from GianToy, so I assume they aren't knock-offs.

MeMyself&I

MeMyself&I
AerynDiana wrote:Feel free to do with these picture what you want! Wink

Sadly I neither have a Barbie body nor a S25/26, but here is a quick comparison with an S16 and an S12D.

PS: I have now fixed the Anna head with some blutack, which helps a lot and I don't mind it anymore actually. Smile

Out of curiosity, could you throw a Super Duck HS on for the heck of it? I have more SD than anything so I am REALLY curious what that looks like, especially compared next to the s12.

doodlehobby

Thanks for the comparison. If it wasn't for the large busts that can burst and create a new silicone valley, I think these could have possibly worked for a malnourished character. Although in the fantasy realm, this might also work for a human-elf hybrid? I would have considered this if the bust was smaller.

Regarding the neck ball joint, you could try wrapping plumbers tape around the joint. Or put foam pieces in to as @GubernatorFan has done. There was another method involving a heat shrink rubber sleeve that works too with ball joints. I can't recall what they are called though.

csyeung

csyeung
Thanks for the comparisons, they are really helpful. I still think the 16/17 or the 22/23 are still my preferred bodies at the moment. The proportions on this one is a bit too exaggerated for me.

FreakinLobster

FreakinLobster
Is this one with the white underwear the S16/17? I really liked this body. If so, I may get one.

MeMyself&I

MeMyself&I
FreakinLobster wrote:Is this one with the white underwear the S16/17? I really liked this body. If so, I may get one.

Unless I am blind, yes, that is for sure the s16/17. It’s a great body in how it moves (though mine has some looser elbows), and I would argue probably the best legs I’ve seen on a TBL. Definitely tall though.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
FreakinLobster wrote:Is this one with the white underwear the S16/17? I really liked this body. If so, I may get one.

Yes, it looks like it (narrower shoulders, smaller bust).

I like this new body OK from the feet to the belly button but then it all goes to hell. My favourite body would easily be the 28/29 if only it were manufactured better. Otherwise, it's the 16/17 or 22/23 for me, too.

The unique (so far) Viking Woman body is really very nice, though (I'm now thinking it's the same body as the upcoming 42/43, only with foot pegs). Fingers crossed that it's actually the 40/41 body type that TBL skipped for some reason, and it'll be out next year.

Nekk-ra

I also like the 16/17 and 22/23 as far as base bodies go, but the bodies they used for Kier, Gethsemoni, Suzi, & Viking woman (which I believe are the same base) are my favorite.

Diana

Diana
GeeWillikers wrote:The two that I have don't even match each other.  Smile

The raven black-haired one is so ghostly pale that you could call it translucent - I had to blush it up quite a bit to get a match even with a pale TBL body.

The blonde looks slightly pinkish/darker (but that may be an optical illusion down to being framed by blonde hair). It's still too wan, but a better match to a TBL pale.

I got both from GianToy, so I assume they aren't knock-offs.
Oh no! That's a shame. I'm not willing to get another body that's not TBL and changing the pale body to just be a little more olive will be hard if at all possible.

MeMyself&I wrote:Out of curiosity, could you throw a Super Duck HS on for the heck of it? I have more SD than anything so I am REALLY curious what that looks like, especially compared next to the s12.
I think I do own one SD head, so I'll dig it out asap.

doodlehobby wrote:Regarding the neck ball joint, you could try wrapping plumbers tape around the joint. Or put foam pieces in to as @GubernatorFan has done. There was another method involving a heat shrink rubber sleeve that works too with ball joints. I can't recall what they are called though.
I am actually VERY happy with the BluTack solution. Works perfectly in this case.

MeMyself&I wrote:

Unless I am blind, yes, that is for sure the s16/17. It’s a great body in how it moves (though mine has some looser elbows), and I would argue probably the best legs I’ve seen on a TBL. Definitely tall though.
It is indeed Smile

Diana

Diana
I just had a photo shoot with my SD head, which looked cute on photos but in hand I don’t like the look of her mouth at all...

Anyway, here are the shots, I hope not too many, followed by some comparison shots with YMT‘s Anna. When playing with some typical anime/comic book style frames and angles I have lots of fun. Smile

Stylized - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 girl anime S36 / S37 "small waist fine" body - Page 3 A3705f10
Stylized - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 girl anime S36 / S37 "small waist fine" body - Page 3 046fd310
Stylized - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 girl anime S36 / S37 "small waist fine" body - Page 3 38d48510
Stylized - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 girl anime S36 / S37 "small waist fine" body - Page 3 57528b10
Stylized - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 girl anime S36 / S37 "small waist fine" body - Page 3 Bd536510
Stylized - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 girl anime S36 / S37 "small waist fine" body - Page 3 1ca08710
Stylized - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 girl anime S36 / S37 "small waist fine" body - Page 3 0b64c010
Stylized - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 girl anime S36 / S37 "small waist fine" body - Page 3 Af2f7510
Stylized - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 girl anime S36 / S37 "small waist fine" body - Page 3 De016410
Stylized - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 girl anime S36 / S37 "small waist fine" body - Page 3 55150910
Stylized - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 girl anime S36 / S37 "small waist fine" body - Page 3 09513510

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
The Super Duck head is cute, but way too large for the body, I think. The YM Toys' Anna head looks really pretty with it, on the other hand. : )

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I agree with skywalkersaga. But, I like the angles and photos. The wind blown look is kind of cool.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Stylized - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 girl anime S36 / S37 "small waist fine" body - Page 3 C8485110

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum