OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 girl anime S36 / S37 "small waist fine" body

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 6]

csyeung

Great comparison picture Diana! The 33 is super tall in comparison. One thing I've noticed is that sometimes with the phicen boots, the already long legged s23 or s16 becomes super long legged, but with your s29, the legs look appropriate proportioned with the boots on. Very interesting!

Diana

FreakinLobster wrote:Thanks so much for the pics. It helped me a lot on choosing the body for this project.

To make Alpha Chun-Li, I was torn between:
- S23: mid-breast and muscular, but tall;
- S29: thicker legs and nice body shape overall, but boobs are kinda big.

Now since Chun-Li is 1,65 m tall (or 5'5") according with SF wiki, the S29's smaller height makes for a stronger pick.
I understand the dilemma! Smile
I could follow up with S33, Painkiller Jane (S23) and S29 all with boots if you like. The height difference here is of course reduced due to S29 wearing those boots and the S16 (similar in height to S23) being bare foot.

GubernatorFan wrote:Diana, may I "borrow" the from-the-side lineup for the TBLeague body catalog, with due attribution, of course?
Absolutely and any time. The more use we get out of these the better. Wink

csyeung wrote:Great comparison picture Diana! The S33 is super tall in comparison. One thing I've noticed is that sometimes with the phicen boots, the already long legged s23 or s16 becomes super long legged, but with your s29, the legs look appropriate proportioned with the boots on. Very interesting!
Agreed. Although, as you say, the boots play a big role here. I was quite surprised what a different they make!

So: another comparison shot coming up with S17, S23, S29 and S33 all wearing the same boots. Not today though. ^^
Maybe with the S06 added for fun, but she's wearing black so it'll mostly be for the height comparison. I do think her body is one of the prettiest! If only she had detachable feet...

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thank you very much, Diana, you're a great team player!

MeMyself&I

MeMyself&I
I don't exactly mean to bump this to the top again, but I found this on Youtube and thought that it would be an interesting resource for anyone looking at these bodies. Do be warned, it is uncensored if that is an issue.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
^ That guy really treats his figures rough.

I dunno - they look slightly less ridiculous isolated 'on film' than they do side-by-side with the 'normal' bodies in static shots. But it's still not enough to tempt me to buy, though.

MeMyself&I

MeMyself&I
GeeWillikers wrote:^ That guy really treats his figures rough.

I dunno - they look slightly less ridiculous isolated 'on film' than they do side-by-side with the 'normal' bodies in static shots. But it's still not enough to tempt me to buy, though.

Yeah, “gentle” is not how I’d describe him either. But, he’s one of the few with good quality vids that reviews anything TBL and in English. I’m with you though, not enough to convince me to buy. It is, like I said, an interesting resource.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Pointless bump:

Maybe, if the upper torso were just a smidgeon wider without increasing the bust size it would all be a little less jarring.

The YM Anna sculpts:

AerynDiana wrote:
GeeWillikers wrote:The two that I have don't even match each other.  Smile

The raven black-haired one is so ghostly pale that you could call it translucent - I had to blush it up quite a bit to get a match even with a pale TBL body.

The blonde looks slightly pinkish/darker (but that may be an optical illusion down to being framed by blonde hair). It's still too wan, but a better match to a TBL pale.

I got both from GianToy, so I assume they aren't knock-offs.
Oh no! That's a shame. I'm not willing to get another body that's not TBL and changing the pale body to just be a little more olive will be hard if at all possible.

Actually all it takes is the right shade of soft lip pencil and a cotton bud or small brush to blend, and you can match the head up. Not permanent but it only takes a minute and can last a few weeks per application.

Diana

Diana
GeeWillikers wrote:Pointless bump:

Maybe, if the upper torso were just a smidgeon wider without increasing the bust size it would all be a little less jarring.

The YM Anna sculpts:

AerynDiana wrote:
GeeWillikers wrote:The two that I have don't even match each other.  Smile

The raven black-haired one is so ghostly pale that you could call it translucent - I had to blush it up quite a bit to get a match even with a pale TBL body.

The blonde looks slightly pinkish/darker (but that may be an optical illusion down to being framed by blonde hair). It's still too wan, but a better match to a TBL pale.

I got both from GianToy, so I assume they aren't knock-offs.
Oh no! That's a shame. I'm not willing to get another body that's not TBL and changing the pale body to just be a little more olive will be hard if at all possible.

Actually all it takes is the right shade of soft lip pencil and a cotton bud or small brush to blend, and you can match the head up. Not permanent but it only takes a minute and can last a few weeks per application.
Interesting! Thank you for the tip!

And I totally keep forgetting about the announced comparison shot. Is it still needed? Seems to me people have made up their minds about this body... Hate to take my figures out of their poses if it's not needed. ^^

91tbleague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 girl anime S36 / S37 "small waist fine" body - Page 5 Empty TBLeague S37 "Anime" Body Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:07 pm

davidd

davidd

Not a "pointless" bump at all. I am happy to see this. I have been looking for this topic but could not remember what it was called. Perhaps the admins could edit the topic title to include the terms "S36" "S37" or "anime body" so the topic will be easier to find using the search function.

Anyway, I purchased the S37 and I like it. But then, I rarely try for a hyper-realistic look with my figures and characters.

tbleague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 girl anime S36 / S37 "small waist fine" body - Page 5 November23a

This is with the stock head. I purchased the body complete with head because I suspected, as this discussion confirms, that matching the head size might be problematic.

An advantage to the "slim" physique is that many relatively inexpensive "playline" doll clothes will fit. In this quick snapshot, the figure is wearing a combination of Barbie and Pullip clothing.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
davidd wrote:Perhaps the admins could edit the topic title to include the terms "S36" "S37" or "anime body" so the topic will be easier to find using the search function.

Done. I realized that "girl from the second element" meant "two-dimensional girl," which in turn meant "anime girl." Those are some of the delights of machine translation for you, and Stryker is already more than generous with his time and efforts to be expected to learn Chinese. Anyway, should be easier to recognize now.

davidd

davidd
GubernatorFan wrote:
davidd wrote:Perhaps the admins could edit the topic title to include the terms "S36" "S37" or "anime body" so the topic will be easier to find using the search function.

Done. I realized that "girl from the second element" meant "two-dimensional girl," which in turn meant "anime girl." Those are some of the delights of machine translation for you, and Stryker is already more than generous with his time and efforts to be expected to learn Chinese. Anyway, should be easier to recognize now.

Title makes much more sense now. Thanks!

That's an amusing chain of translation!

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
davidd wrote:

Not a "pointless" bump at all. I am happy to see this. I have been looking for this topic but could not remember what it was called. Perhaps the admins could edit the topic title to include the terms "S36" "S37" or "anime body" so the topic will be easier to find using the search function.

Anyway, I purchased the S37 and I like it. But then, I rarely try for a hyper-realistic look with my figures and characters.

tbleague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 girl anime S36 / S37 "small waist fine" body - Page 5 November23a

This is with the stock head. I purchased the body complete with head because I suspected, as this discussion confirms, that matching the head size might be problematic.

An advantage to the "slim" physique is that many relatively inexpensive "playline" doll clothes will fit. In this quick snapshot, the figure is wearing a combination of Barbie and Pullip clothing.

Hey, that body doesn't look half bad, mostly covered up  Very Happy

Seriously though, you've done a nice job there - I've always thought the lower half of the body is great for a 'skinny teen' character.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
AerynDiana wrote:
GeeWillikers wrote:

The [paleness of the] YM Anna sculpts:

GeeWillikers wrote:Actually all it takes is the right shade of soft lip pencil and a cotton bud or small brush to blend, and you can match the head up. Not permanent but it only takes a minute and can last a few weeks per application.
AerynDiana wrote:Interesting! Thank you for the tip!

A little dab on each cheek and the forehead, and a pinpoint dab on the chin if you think it's necessary. Lightly brush/blend, avoiding the eyes and being careful around the mouth. The main advantage is that it's easy to correct with a simple wipe of a cloth if you have to. It cures the incompatibilities between many a non-matching head and body.

I am thinking of starting up a YooToob Makeup Tutorials channel but the real hard work has been in brushing up on my teen slang Smile

davidd

davidd
GeeWillikers wrote:... but the real hard work has been in brushing up on my teen slang.

You gotta get hep, Daddy-O!

davidd

davidd
tbleague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 girl anime S36 / S37 "small waist fine" body - Page 5 50875354033_16dcf2b969_z

tbleague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 girl anime S36 / S37 "small waist fine" body - Page 5 50876167117_c061edbc3a_z

TBLeague S37A
YMToys YMT031B

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Nicely done, davidd, I like it, even though I usually don't incline towards anime/stylized figures.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Looks like a good use for this body, davidd. Very cool.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

tbleague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 girl anime S36 / S37 "small waist fine" body - Page 5 C8485110

Diana

Diana
That's a really round design, very cool! Smile

davidd

davidd
- - - - - - -

tbleague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 girl anime S36 / S37 "small waist fine" body - Page 5 50974149408_c020103855_z

tbleague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 girl anime S36 / S37 "small waist fine" body - Page 5 50974946637_dc2cd3d2fe_z
"Maybe I should try to get the band back together!"

Yasmin Claremont, aka Yazz E. Claire, works on her riffs and contemplates the album she and her friends had planned before money, drugs, and boys intervened.

Body: TBLeague S37A
Head: YMToys YMT032B
Outfit: assorted Barbie (Ken) and Monster High items
Guitar: eBay
Amp: HM11 Bluetooth speaker

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
Nice. I'd love to see her band, but I assume they've left town and sold their instruments.

davidd

davidd
TravelGuide wrote:Nice. I'd love to see her band, but I assume they've left town and sold their instruments.

That's usually the way it happens, unfortunately. Crying or Very sad

davidd

davidd
I continue to find the S36/37 "anime" bodies to be among the more versatile TBLeague releases:

tbleague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 girl anime S36 / S37 "small waist fine" body - Page 5 51370188792_6d5feb7297_z
Sister Albatros of the Order of the Sisters of Little Mercy

Sister Albatros was a founding member of the infamous Sisters of Little Mercy, a Second World War squadron of female mercenary combat pilots.

Head: Firegirl FG 071D
Body: TBLeague S36
Costume: vintage nun doll found on eBay

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum