OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.


You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 girl anime S36 / S37 "small waist fine" body

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thank you very much, Diana, you're a great team player!


_________________
I'll be back!
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

MeMyself&I

MeMyself&I
I don't exactly mean to bump this to the top again, but I found this on Youtube and thought that it would be an interesting resource for anyone looking at these bodies. Do be warned, it is uncensored if that is an issue.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
^ That guy really treats his figures rough.

I dunno - they look slightly less ridiculous isolated 'on film' than they do side-by-side with the 'normal' bodies in static shots. But it's still not enough to tempt me to buy, though.

MeMyself&I

MeMyself&I
GeeWillikers wrote:^ That guy really treats his figures rough.

I dunno - they look slightly less ridiculous isolated 'on film' than they do side-by-side with the 'normal' bodies in static shots. But it's still not enough to tempt me to buy, though.

Yeah, “gentle” is not how I’d describe him either. But, he’s one of the few with good quality vids that reviews anything TBL and in English. I’m with you though, not enough to convince me to buy. It is, like I said, an interesting resource.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Pointless bump:

Maybe, if the upper torso were just a smidgeon wider without increasing the bust size it would all be a little less jarring.

The YM Anna sculpts:

AerynDiana wrote:
GeeWillikers wrote:The two that I have don't even match each other.  Smile

The raven black-haired one is so ghostly pale that you could call it translucent - I had to blush it up quite a bit to get a match even with a pale TBL body.

The blonde looks slightly pinkish/darker (but that may be an optical illusion down to being framed by blonde hair). It's still too wan, but a better match to a TBL pale.

I got both from GianToy, so I assume they aren't knock-offs.
Oh no! That's a shame. I'm not willing to get another body that's not TBL and changing the pale body to just be a little more olive will be hard if at all possible.

Actually all it takes is the right shade of soft lip pencil and a cotton bud or small brush to blend, and you can match the head up. Not permanent but it only takes a minute and can last a few weeks per application.

Diana

Diana
GeeWillikers wrote:Pointless bump:

Maybe, if the upper torso were just a smidgeon wider without increasing the bust size it would all be a little less jarring.

The YM Anna sculpts:

AerynDiana wrote:
GeeWillikers wrote:The two that I have don't even match each other.  Smile

The raven black-haired one is so ghostly pale that you could call it translucent - I had to blush it up quite a bit to get a match even with a pale TBL body.

The blonde looks slightly pinkish/darker (but that may be an optical illusion down to being framed by blonde hair). It's still too wan, but a better match to a TBL pale.

I got both from GianToy, so I assume they aren't knock-offs.
Oh no! That's a shame. I'm not willing to get another body that's not TBL and changing the pale body to just be a little more olive will be hard if at all possible.

Actually all it takes is the right shade of soft lip pencil and a cotton bud or small brush to blend, and you can match the head up. Not permanent but it only takes a minute and can last a few weeks per application.
Interesting! Thank you for the tip!

And I totally keep forgetting about the announced comparison shot. Is it still needed? Seems to me people have made up their minds about this body... Hate to take my figures out of their poses if it's not needed. ^^

89tbleague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 girl anime S36 / S37 "small waist fine" body - Page 3 Empty TBLeague S37 "Anime" Body on Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:07 pm

davidd

davidd
GeeWillikers wrote:Pointless bump:

Not a "pointless" bump at all. I am happy to see this. I have been looking for this topic but could not remember what it was called. Perhaps the admins could edit the topic title to include the terms "S36" "S37" or "anime body" so the topic will be easier to find using the search function.

Anyway, I purchased the S37 and I like it. But then, I rarely try for a hyper-realistic look with my figures and characters.

tbleague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 girl anime S36 / S37 "small waist fine" body - Page 3 November23a

This is with the stock head. I purchased the body complete with head because I suspected, as this discussion confirms, that matching the head size might be problematic.

An advantage to the "slim" physique is that many relatively inexpensive "playline" doll clothes will fit. In this quick snapshot, the figure is wearing a combination of Barbie and Pullip clothing.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
davidd wrote:Perhaps the admins could edit the topic title to include the terms "S36" "S37" or "anime body" so the topic will be easier to find using the search function.

Done. I realized that "girl from the second element" meant "two-dimensional girl," which in turn meant "anime girl." Those are some of the delights of machine translation for you, and Stryker is already more than generous with his time and efforts to be expected to learn Chinese. Anyway, should be easier to recognize now.


_________________
I'll be back!
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

davidd

davidd
GubernatorFan wrote:
davidd wrote:Perhaps the admins could edit the topic title to include the terms "S36" "S37" or "anime body" so the topic will be easier to find using the search function.

Done. I realized that "girl from the second element" meant "two-dimensional girl," which in turn meant "anime girl." Those are some of the delights of machine translation for you, and Stryker is already more than generous with his time and efforts to be expected to learn Chinese. Anyway, should be easier to recognize now.

Title makes much more sense now. Thanks!

That's an amusing chain of translation! Makes sense now that you explain it! Razz

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
davidd wrote:
GeeWillikers wrote:Pointless bump:

Not a "pointless" bump at all. I am happy to see this. I have been looking for this topic but could not remember what it was called. Perhaps the admins could edit the topic title to include the terms "S36" "S37" or "anime body" so the topic will be easier to find using the search function.

Anyway, I purchased the S37 and I like it. But then, I rarely try for a hyper-realistic look with my figures and characters.

tbleague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 girl anime S36 / S37 "small waist fine" body - Page 3 November23a

This is with the stock head. I purchased the body complete with head because I suspected, as this discussion confirms, that matching the head size might be problematic.

An advantage to the "slim" physique is that many relatively inexpensive "playline" doll clothes will fit. In this quick snapshot, the figure is wearing a combination of Barbie and Pullip clothing.

Hey, that body doesn't look half bad, mostly covered up  Very Happy

Seriously though, you've done a nice job there - I've always thought the lower half of the body is great for a 'skinny teen' character.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
AerynDiana wrote:
GeeWillikers wrote:

The [paleness of the] YM Anna sculpts:

Oh no! That's a shame. I'm not willing to get another body that's not TBL and changing the pale body to just be a little more olive will be hard if at all possible.

GeeWillikers wrote:Actually all it takes is the right shade of soft lip pencil and a cotton bud or small brush to blend, and you can match the head up. Not permanent but it only takes a minute and can last a few weeks per application.
AerynDiana wrote:Interesting! Thank you for the tip!

A little dab on each cheek and the forehead, and a pinpoint dab on the chin if you think it's necessary. Lightly brush/blend, avoiding the eyes and being careful around the mouth. The main advantage is that it's easy to correct with a simple wipe of a cloth if you have to. It cures the incompatibilities between many a non-matching head and body.

I am thinking of starting up a YooToob Makeup Tutorials channel but the real hard work has been in brushing up on my teen slang Smile

davidd

davidd
GeeWillikers wrote:... but the real hard work has been in brushing up on my teen slang.

You gotta get hep, Daddy-O!

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum