OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK™ BOBA FETT™ (VINTAGE COLOR VERSION) (40TH ANNIVERSARY COLLECTION) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
This year marks the 40th anniversary of Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back™, an iconic film that has captivated audiences worldwide for decades with its story and characters. In 1979, before the landmark film had even hit theaters, references to the mysterious character Boba Fett™ based on early costume tests and coloration were revealed. So began the legendary status among the fandom surrounding the legendary bounty hunter who instantly became a favorite of many after witnessing him in the groundbreaking film!

Hot Toys is celebrating Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back 40th anniversary with a throwback visual approach for this exciting collection. To kick off this collection, we’re pleased to introduce the 1/6th scale Boba Fett (Vintage Color Version) Collectible Figure featuring vibrant colors inspired by classic interpretations and retro style packaging as a special extra only available in select markets!

The highly accurate 1/6th scale figure is specially crafted based on Boba Fett’s early costume tests and vintage design. It features meticulous paint applications on the detailed Mandalorian helmet and armor, finely tailored under-suit, blaster rifle and pistol, Boba Fett’s iconic jetpack, and a figure base.

Celebrate 40 years of Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back with this Boba Fett (Vintage Color Version) collectible figure in your Star Wars collection.
SPECIFICATIONS
PRODUCT CODEMMS571
PRODUCT NAMEBOBA FETT™ (VINTAGE COLOR VERSION)
HEIGHTBODY WITH OVER 30 POINTS OF ARTICULATIONS
POINTS OF ARTICULATIONS30
SPECIAL FEATURESNEWLY PAINTED BOBA FETT MANDALORIAN HELMET WITH ARTICULATED RANGEFINDER, SPECIAL PACKAGE DESIGN WITH STAR WARS: THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK 40TH ANNIVERSARY LOGO
ARTISTSHEAD SCULPTED BY N/A. FIGURE PAINTED BY LOK HO
HEAD PAINTED BY N/A. FIGURE ART DIRECTED BY JC. HONG
HEAD ART DIRECTED BY N/A.

The 1/6th scale Boba Fett™ (Vintage Color Version) Collectible Figure specially features:

- Authentic and detailed likeness of Boba Fett in Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back
- Newly painted Boba Fett Mandalorian helmet with articulated rangefinder
- Vintage color inspired painting applications on armor, weapons and accessories
- Body with over 30 points of articulations
- Approximately 30 cm tall
- Seven (7) pieces of grey-colored interchangeable gloved hands including:
- One (1) pair of fists
- One (1) pair of relaxed hands
- One (1) pair of hands for holding weapons
- One (1) gesture left hand
- Special package design with Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back 40th Anniversary logo

Costume:
- One (1) Boba Fett’s Mandalorian armor
- One (1) gray colored flight suit
- One (1) light green colored cape with weathering effect
- One (1) leather-like brown colored belt with pouches
- One (1) pair of red and yellow colored gauntlets
- One (1) pair of yellow knee colored guards
- One (1) pair of gray colored boots

Weapons:
- One (1) blaster rifle
- One (1) blaster sidearm with leather-like holster

Accessories:
- One (1) jetpack (equipped with magnetic feature)
- One (1) survival knife
- One (1) sonic beam weapon
- One (1) anti-security blade
- One (1) jetpack adjustment tool
- Figure stand with Star Wars logo and character nameplate

Artists:
- Figure Painted by Lok Ho
- Figure Art Directed by JC. Hong

The 1/6th scale Boba Fett™ (Vintage Color Version) Collectible Figure specially features:
- Authentic and detailed likeness of Boba Fett in Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back
- Newly painted Boba Fett Mandalorian helmet with articulated rangefinder
- Vintage color inspired painting applications on armor, weapons and accessories
- Body with over 30 points of articulations
- Approximately 30 cm tall
- Seven (7) pieces of grey-colored interchangeable gloved hands including:
- One (1) pair of fists
- One (1) pair of relaxed hands
- One (1) pair of hands for holding weapons
- One (1) gesture left hand
- Special package design with Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back 40th Anniversary logo

Costume:
- One (1) Boba Fett’s Mandalorian armor
- One (1) gray colored flight suit
- One (1) light green colored cape with weathering effect
- One (1) leather-like brown colored belt with pouches
- One (1) pair of red and yellow colored gauntlets
- One (1) pair of yellow knee colored guards
- One (1) pair of gray colored boots

Weapons:
- One (1) blaster rifle
- One (1) blaster sidearm with leather-like holster

Accessories:
- One (1) jetpack (equipped with magnetic feature)
- One (1) survival knife
- One (1) sonic beam weapon
- One (1) anti-security blade
- One (1) jetpack adjustment tool
- Figure stand with Star Wars logo and character nameplate

Artists:
- Figure Painted by Lok Ho
- Figure Art Directed by JC. Hong

Release date: Approximately Q3 – Q4, 2020

** Prototype shown, final product may be slightly different
** Product details are subject to change without further notice

© & TM Lucasfilm Ltd.
© 2020 Hot Toys Limited. All Rights Reserved.

Sci-Fi - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK™ BOBA FETT™ (VINTAGE COLOR VERSION) (40TH ANNIVERSARY COLLECTION) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 11251
Sci-Fi - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK™ BOBA FETT™ (VINTAGE COLOR VERSION) (40TH ANNIVERSARY COLLECTION) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 2566
Sci-Fi - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK™ BOBA FETT™ (VINTAGE COLOR VERSION) (40TH ANNIVERSARY COLLECTION) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 3378
Sci-Fi - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK™ BOBA FETT™ (VINTAGE COLOR VERSION) (40TH ANNIVERSARY COLLECTION) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 4350
Sci-Fi - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK™ BOBA FETT™ (VINTAGE COLOR VERSION) (40TH ANNIVERSARY COLLECTION) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 5335
Sci-Fi - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK™ BOBA FETT™ (VINTAGE COLOR VERSION) (40TH ANNIVERSARY COLLECTION) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 6320
Sci-Fi - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK™ BOBA FETT™ (VINTAGE COLOR VERSION) (40TH ANNIVERSARY COLLECTION) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 7310
Sci-Fi - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK™ BOBA FETT™ (VINTAGE COLOR VERSION) (40TH ANNIVERSARY COLLECTION) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 8294
Sci-Fi - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK™ BOBA FETT™ (VINTAGE COLOR VERSION) (40TH ANNIVERSARY COLLECTION) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 9279
Sci-Fi - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK™ BOBA FETT™ (VINTAGE COLOR VERSION) (40TH ANNIVERSARY COLLECTION) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 10262
Sci-Fi - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK™ BOBA FETT™ (VINTAGE COLOR VERSION) (40TH ANNIVERSARY COLLECTION) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 11252
Sci-Fi - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK™ BOBA FETT™ (VINTAGE COLOR VERSION) (40TH ANNIVERSARY COLLECTION) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 12232
Sci-Fi - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK™ BOBA FETT™ (VINTAGE COLOR VERSION) (40TH ANNIVERSARY COLLECTION) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 13217
Sci-Fi - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK™ BOBA FETT™ (VINTAGE COLOR VERSION) (40TH ANNIVERSARY COLLECTION) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 14198
Sci-Fi - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK™ BOBA FETT™ (VINTAGE COLOR VERSION) (40TH ANNIVERSARY COLLECTION) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 15181
Sci-Fi - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK™ BOBA FETT™ (VINTAGE COLOR VERSION) (40TH ANNIVERSARY COLLECTION) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 16169
Sci-Fi - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK™ BOBA FETT™ (VINTAGE COLOR VERSION) (40TH ANNIVERSARY COLLECTION) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 17160
Sci-Fi - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK™ BOBA FETT™ (VINTAGE COLOR VERSION) (40TH ANNIVERSARY COLLECTION) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 18149
Sci-Fi - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK™ BOBA FETT™ (VINTAGE COLOR VERSION) (40TH ANNIVERSARY COLLECTION) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 19138
Sci-Fi - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK™ BOBA FETT™ (VINTAGE COLOR VERSION) (40TH ANNIVERSARY COLLECTION) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 20112

#newproduct #HotToys #StarWars #EmpireStrikesBack #BobaFett #VintageColor #male #Sci-Fi #movie #40thAnniversaryCollection

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Interesting choice. It makes sense from the point of view that this is (almost inexplicably) a very popular character and that there might be those who need a chance to get one, having missed earlier releases (which have sold out or become grossly overpriced). On the other hand, the character has been done to death (what is it, two Hot Toys versions, two or more Sideshow, Medicom, not to mention Kenner/Hasbro, etc), and the recourse to early test colors to "justify" making a different version is only slightly more compelling than the porcelain or gold stromtroopers they did some time ago. I suppose there is a market for these, among HT completists, Star Wars completists, and most of all perhaps customizers who want an ESB or ROTJ Boba Fett but find this less expensive than the secondary market prices for any of the currently available versions and plan to repaint the relevant parts to achieve the desired look. Yet, this would have been so much easier to produce than something entirely new, and I'm rather underwhelmed by the minimal weathering and the resulting lack of realism. Can't help but feel this to have been a sly and exploitative decision. And with the world in shambles, I do wonder if it would pay off. Personally, I suspect that a new release of a "real" ESB or ROTJ Boba Fett would have done just as well, if not better. And of course, I would have really preferred a release of another character altogether, while realizing the pool of possibilities might be small if one hopes for a character as popular as this and not yet produced by HT -- though Lando or ESB Han are probably viable alternatives (sorry, Lobot). But I really should thank HT for sparing my wallet at least this challenge. Smile

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Couldn’t agree more with everything you said, Guv.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Sci-Fi - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK™ BOBA FETT™ (VINTAGE COLOR VERSION) (40TH ANNIVERSARY COLLECTION) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE C8485110

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Yikes. $255 at Sideshow.

Sci-Fi - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK™ BOBA FETT™ (VINTAGE COLOR VERSION) (40TH ANNIVERSARY COLLECTION) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:Yikes. $255 at Sideshow.

Yes... considering I wouldn't buy it for $45, it's making the choice very easy for me.

MerylAkiba

Maybe it is $200 for the figure and $55 for the type of box? If this had a mail-in for a droid type of gimmick, I would buy it. That mythos version is $5 less and it comes with lightsabers and a poncho. I just notice that the Wookie braids are both blonde.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Yeah, I like the Mythos version. I started to put mine together, but got caught up with too many other projects. I only need ONE Fett.

Ovy

Ovy
I first thought, hmm, he looks odd, the color feels all wrong, especially the green looks cheap.

But then I read it's vintage! Now I have to like it. 255$, why not?

Nah.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum