OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: Super Duck: 1/6 Water Princess Set [without body] (NO: SET053)

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Note: does not contain the body, it is recommended to match the TBLeague wheat color big breast female body S12D
(the official picture may have color difference, subject to production of large goods)

Female head carving Headsculpt x 1
Crown Crown x 1
jumpsuit Stretchy suit x 1
elbow pads Elbow pads x 1
boots Boots x 1
ancient key Ancient Key x 1
Trident Trident x 1
hand type Hand x 4

(the official picture may have color difference , Subject to production of large goods)

superduck - NEW PRODUCT: Super Duck: 1/6 Water Princess Set [without body] (NO: SET053) 13394410
superduck - NEW PRODUCT: Super Duck: 1/6 Water Princess Set [without body] (NO: SET053) 13395410
superduck - NEW PRODUCT: Super Duck: 1/6 Water Princess Set [without body] (NO: SET053) 13400510
superduck - NEW PRODUCT: Super Duck: 1/6 Water Princess Set [without body] (NO: SET053) 13402511
superduck - NEW PRODUCT: Super Duck: 1/6 Water Princess Set [without body] (NO: SET053) 13403310
superduck - NEW PRODUCT: Super Duck: 1/6 Water Princess Set [without body] (NO: SET053) 13412310
superduck - NEW PRODUCT: Super Duck: 1/6 Water Princess Set [without body] (NO: SET053) 13425010
superduck - NEW PRODUCT: Super Duck: 1/6 Water Princess Set [without body] (NO: SET053) 13430110
superduck - NEW PRODUCT: Super Duck: 1/6 Water Princess Set [without body] (NO: SET053) 13432110
superduck - NEW PRODUCT: Super Duck: 1/6 Water Princess Set [without body] (NO: SET053) 13442111
superduck - NEW PRODUCT: Super Duck: 1/6 Water Princess Set [without body] (NO: SET053) 13444810

#newproduct #SuperDuck #WaterPrincess #female #headsculpt #clothing #accessories #comicbook #movie-based

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Ok, I can see some of the resemblance in there. And it's a nice simple set. Actually the head looks surprisingly good.

brassco

brassco
i wonder will the suit stain the seamless body...otherwise, it is worth a look.

Diana

Diana
Beautiful head sculpt. Not used to this look from Duper Duck! More please. Very Happy

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
The head sculpt is nice, if a bit off of Amber. But, my question... why is the suit blue, and not green?

He who dies with the most toys wins!

superduck - NEW PRODUCT: Super Duck: 1/6 Water Princess Set [without body] (NO: SET053) C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
The head is a bit different than Super Duck's usual stuff. Have no need for the set, but I'm really tempted by the head as with a repaint and re-hair I could have some uses for it for sure.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Any idea if/when this will materialise? Super Duck sets seem to take a really long time to actually be released....

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Nope. No word yet — been waiting on this and Aquaman’s mom set, too. But, yeah, SD is extremely slow.

superduck - NEW PRODUCT: Super Duck: 1/6 Water Princess Set [without body] (NO: SET053) C8485110

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
Stryker2011 wrote:The head sculpt is nice, if a bit off of Amber. But, my question... why is the suit blue, and not green?

The suit is blue in the movies while the comic accurate version is green.  Other than that, the two designs are fairly similar with the movie version adding a few extra details.

It’s a nice looking set, but I just got my Mafex Mera a couple of weeks ago, and I’m pretty happy with her.  With 1/6, I’ll be looking more for hero’s and heroines from the Indy comic scene like Nancy, Arhian, etc.

The head sculpt is really beautiful, though.

Saturn

Saturn
Someone uploaded pictures of the released product to BBICN:
https://bbs.bbicn.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=377523&extra=page%3D1

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Hmm....headsculpt seems to look very different than the promo image. Doesn't look bad, but just not what I expected. Makes me glad I didn't end up getting it...

Diana

Diana
I actually much prefer how she turned out! Her expression tells more of a story.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Interesting. I wonder if it's really all that different, or if it's just the angle, and of course the difference between proto & production...

csyeung

csyeung
I think the headsculpt looks pretty close to the prototype, maybe a touch wider than the proto. However, that could just be the camera lens.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Mine's on the way from Kit, so I guess I'll find out in a few weeks just how different it is. (Yet another set I don't currently have a body for...)

Kallor8

Diana wrote:I actually much prefer how she turned out! Her expression tells more of a story.

While angle can often do a deceptive amount of "morphing" to a sculpt's look, I agree that this one both looks fairly different to me and I prefer the in-hand appearance. I passed on this but will probably try to grab one if more pictures show the face like this.

Saturn

Saturn
Someone is already selling the head sculpture separately:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/144210180225

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
It dorsn’t look as good in the eBay photo as it does in the BBICN photos which look better to me that the prototype which doesn’t look as good as Amber Heard who doesn’t look as good as Mera did during Blackest Night which is the best she’s looked since she debuted in the Sixties.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Well... while I have no real use for the whole set, I've just taken a gamble on it because I actually like the in-hand sculpt (for me, the less a sculpt looks like a particular person, the more I like it as it offers more possibilities). I do hope that crown is removable, though (with it being listed separately I think it is). So with that in mind, I've probably paid over the odds for it... but then again you can never predict what sellers will try and scalp you for for these items on the resale market.

I think the sculpt might look good on a Viking Woman/Knight Of Fire body (which I guess would make that tight-fitting jumpsuit even more redundant).

EDIT: Hm, the ebay listing linked to above is only £10 less (inc pesky VAT) than I paid for the whole set, so I'm not too unhappy. And the crown is separate (phew)!

I'm fine with it. Inconsistent with the promos/actress/character or not, it's still much better than SD's usual bland sculpts.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
What the actual source of the photos in this listing is is uncertain (note the photoediting/shopping at top and bottom that probably hides logos etc), but they seem to bear more resemblance to the BBICN pics:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/393601350867?hash=item5ba477fcd3:g:DkUAAOSws8VhVAi3
superduck - NEW PRODUCT: Super Duck: 1/6 Water Princess Set [without body] (NO: SET053) S-l1600

Here it looks more 'pale' than 'suntan', though (which would be in line with most SD sculpts in my experience).

I'll know for certain in about a week, I guess (bought mine from GianToy and here there's only a £4 difference between the sculpt on its own and the full set).

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum