OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: VTS TOYS VM-026 Wilderness Rider 1/6 Figure

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

skywalkersaga

Those are awesome pics! I love everything about the clothing and gear. Not totally blown away by the sculpt, though I do think the one with the shorter hair looks the best out of the two.

Tjolnir

i was briefly on the fence about getting the figure while i was binge playing the game, but i got to say hearing about its deficiencies i'm glad i passed. these days my funds are stretched thin between so many things i enjoy, a spur of the moment rdr2 figure would have sat on the shelf all by his lonesome.

plus, at least in my opinion, the arthur morgan head looks way of, john is okay but you add the problems with the body to this, i just won't spend some 250€ on this figure.

i'm happy for everyone enjoying the figure or even the equipment it comes with for kitbashing, but a game like red dead redemption, for me, lives by so much more than a single figure or even background environment. something about the atmosphere and immersion that just hit the right spot, and i'm saying this as someone who's usually absolutely not into the western theme.

but accompanying arthur throughout the game until his last ride was really a unique journey for me, something i couldn't possibly recreate in a diorama or depict properly. might be a far off example but i'd compare it to just having a frodo figure and calling it quits Wink

that being said, the pictures look awesome nonetheless.

skywalkersaga

Tjolnir wrote:

accompanying arthur throughout the game until his last ride was really a unique journey for me, something i couldn't possibly recreate in a diorama or depict properly.

Yeah, agree, I was surprisingly quite moved by his story. I love you  And the scenery of RDR2 is certainly not something you could readily replicate in a diorama without a lot of space. Though of course, those who are using this figure for kitbashing their own western figures aren't going to be bothered by how accurate it is to the character. ;p

Tjolnir

the thing why fallout, despite its equally large world, works for me is environmental storytelling contrary to character driven story telling. coming across a ruin with a couple skeletons will give you a very fallout-ish vibe, whereas in rdr2 it's certain characters that you either empathize with or can't wait to strangle them( micah for example ). and the voice actors are doing such an incredible job pulling you into the very scene, even blindfolded you'd get a very clear idea about whats going on, on a larger scale. you know they're good at what they do when you really loathe certain characters.

so this, for me at least, is why fallout works in a microcosm whereas arthur sitting by a fire would be boring to look at. one is about the moment and the very essence of a dystopian future whereas the other is about the whole journey of someone whos world develops away from him with every day and depicts him as the last of a dying era.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
No sitting pics? So is articulation a problem for this figure? Visually, the weak link is the coon-skin hat. Then again I'm not overly familiar with the source material. The photos are very nice.

csyeung

csyeung
GubernatorFan wrote:No sitting pics? So is articulation a problem for this figure? Visually, the weak link is the coon-skin hat. Then again I'm not overly familiar with the source material. The photos are very nice.

I think it was a nice attempt, but the coon hat was pretty silly in game as well haha. I think it being sculpted doesn't help. I could only splurge on one version and I went all in on the Lim one. I'm hoping it's good.

VTSToys - NEW PRODUCT: VTS TOYS VM-026 Wilderness Rider 1/6 Figure - Page 5 Red-dead-redemption-2-classic-raccoon-hat

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
GubernatorFan wrote:No sitting pics? So is articulation a problem for this figure? Visually, the weak link is the coon-skin hat. Then again I'm not overly familiar with the source material. The photos are very nice.

I would probably be more concerned with whether he can ride a horse, rather than sit, but I suppose the same articulation problem would hamper both. And yeah, the coon-skin hat stands out (though I love it in an ironic way) but there is probably no way to carry that look off, either on the figure or IRL. It might be improvable by gluing some fake fur bits to it, from a plush lion or such.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Moonbase Alpha Male wrote:This is like getting a 1966 Marx Johnny West with his huge stash of accessories, except everything is 2021 quality.

Heh, that was my exact first thought on seeing the above pics (Nostalgia Corner: I had the early 70s Lone Ranger, Tonto and General Custer if I remember correctly - Custer even survived into my early teens, but very much the worse for it and missing all his accessories. Mother wouldn't ever buy me a Jane West, though. And that's why Mother now lives under the root cellar floor.).

Western sets aren't really my thing these days but this looks very tempting, not only the sheer amount of extras, the attention to detail is also something else.

That Raccoonskin cap is never going to look less than ridiculous though. Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum