OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: VTS TOYS VM-026 Wilderness Rider 1/6 Figure

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 6]

Skippy

Rogerbee wrote:
I'll have to see how I'm fixed. Provided nothing else breaks or crashes I should be ok. Just have to see what happens.

I just got confirmation that KGHobby and One Sixth Kit are now taking orders again via email or Facebook PMs for LIM008.

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Asta wrote:
Rogerbee wrote:
I'll have to see how I'm fixed. Provided nothing else breaks or crashes I should be ok. Just have to see what happens.

I just got confirmation that KGHobby and One Sixth Kit are now taking orders again via email or Facebook PMs for LIM008.

That's good news. I saw that the LIM Toys rep over at the Freaks responded to my semi-gripe that if the only way one could get one was thru Facebook, that I was going to miss out. He said he'd look into other alternative avenues, and he obviously came through. Very cool of a company that is always trying to improve their products.

Skippy

Stryker2011 wrote:That's good news. I saw that the LIM Toys rep over at the Freaks responded to my semi-gripe that if the only way one could get one was thru Facebook, that I was going to miss out. He said he'd look into other alternative avenues, and he obviously came through. Very cool of a company that is always trying to improve their products.

I think with LIM there will be a greater tendency towards accuracy. As opposed to VTS/DAM who, while capable of some really great work, don't always pay too much attention to the character themselves. i.e. their Mad Max Furiosa was a very detailed figure, and would've been a runaway success had she not be far too short to display with their Max! Mad

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Yeah, that Furiousa was a serious letdown, as I was really looking forward to that one; I have Max, and he's currently on my "One-and-Done" shelf of other lonely Sci-Fi characters. The prototype for her looked incredible -- such a shame. It's amazing to me that they can get all the male characters looking really good, but the females have been kind of suck (much like ThreeZero).

He who dies with the most toys wins!

VTSToys - NEW PRODUCT: VTS TOYS VM-026 Wilderness Rider 1/6 Figure - Page 3 C8485110

Skippy

Stryker2011 wrote:Yeah, that Furiousa was a serious letdown, as I was really looking forward to that one; I have Max, and he's currently on my "One-and-Done" shelf of other lonely Sci-Fi characters. The prototype for her looked incredible -- such a shame. It's amazing to me that they can get all the male characters looking really good, but the females have been kind of suck (much like ThreeZero).

Yes, Threezero is another one. Some companies rely too heavily on cheap, readily available female bodies which are too petite for the characters.

I love Furiosa as a figure, but she's doomed for perpetuity as 'Teen Furiosa'.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:
Rogerbee wrote:
RDR2 is on PC, PS4, X-Box One and Stadia. The PC one is the most fun as there are some crazy mods you can do.

Graphically, I think it only really hits its true potential on PC. On a PS4 you're lucky to get up to 30fps and the game is lodged at what would be quite low settings on the PC version. You can take it as far as your hardware will allow on PC. I know someone that spent $6000 on a PC just so they could play it in 4K, they even reckon it could do 8K but that was never confirmed! 1080p will do me!

Good to know it works on PC, I wonder if it works on an Apple iMac...

Not that I'm aware of,

There are games coming onto PC now that would previously only have been console exclusives. I believe Death Stranding was only originally intended for PS4, but, that is out on PC in July. Still no word on The Last Of Us though. I would LOVE a PC version of that.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Asta wrote:
Rogerbee wrote:

Cool!

Never know, could always get both...........

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Rogerbee wrote:
Asta wrote:
Rogerbee wrote:

Cool!

Never know, could always get both...........

That’s honestly what I’m considering.

I could use one as a bad guy, and one (with a different head sculpt as the good guy; might even make a Western Mini-Me — I told my wife years ago that I was born in the wrong time — give me the Old West any day.)

VTSToys - NEW PRODUCT: VTS TOYS VM-026 Wilderness Rider 1/6 Figure - Page 3 C8485110

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

Sounds like a plan!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Well, despite that LIM has a few more surprises in store for their release, I just POd this one, as well. Between the two, I should be able to make a few Western figures, and at least one Ultimate figure.

xitrum

[quote="Asta"]
Rogerbee wrote:

Sorry for a newbie question. I'm not familiar with either site. Are they reputable?

Thanks

FreakinLobster

FreakinLobster
xitrum wrote:
Asta wrote:
Rogerbee wrote:

Sorry for a newbie question.  I'm not familiar with either site.  Are they reputable?

Thanks

Both stores are very reputable.

Personally, I have purchase experience with KGHobby only, and it's my first choice to pre-order or buy in-stock. But the prices will depend on the country you live, since the shipping may get the total a bit high. It seems like it's not that interesting for those who live in the US.
As for OneSixthKit, I had an amazing customer service, where I was asking for some questions through e-mail and they were extremely fast and objective on their responses. Unfortunately, I still didn't make a purchase in this store because they're temporarily not shipping to my country, due to COVID-10 restrictions.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
xitrum wrote:
Asta wrote:
Rogerbee wrote:

Sorry for a newbie question.  I'm not familiar with either site.  Are they reputable?

Thanks

Yes. All of Kit’s prices include worldwide shipping. KGH has been around for some time, and they are also reputable — but they’re pricing doesn’t reflect their shipping costs, which can be fairly high if you happen to live in the US.

xitrum

Stryker2011 wrote:
Yes. All of Kit’s prices include worldwide shipping. KGH has been around for some time, and they are also reputable — but they’re pricing doesn’t reflect their shipping costs, which can be fairly high if you happen to live in the US.

Thanks.

I'm in the US. I just checked a pre-order item on KGH. The estimated shipping comes out to $0. Hopefully that's not a mistake. Very Happy

FreakinLobster

FreakinLobster
xitrum wrote:
Stryker2011 wrote:

Thanks.

I'm in the US.  I just checked a pre-order item on KGH.  The estimated shipping comes out to $0.  Hopefully that's not a mistake.  Very Happy

Actually, it does show at 0$ if you chose to pay for the 20% instead of full price, since the shipping cost comes when the figure is released. It would be better for you to send a message to them so you won't have an unpleasent surprise later.

xitrum

FreakinLobster wrote:
Actually, it does show at 0$ if you chose to pay for the 20% instead of full price, since the shipping cost comes when the figure is released. It would be better for you to send a message to them so you won't have an unpleasent surprise later.

Thanks for the heads-up. I sent them a message and, sure enough, they said shipping is not free and refunded.

So, there's no way to estimate what the shipping cost would be before the item is released? That's odd!

Anyone with experience dealing with KGHobby know how much shipping typically cost?

Thanks a bunch!

FreakinLobster

FreakinLobster
It's hard for them to estimate because they not always have informations regarding the dimensions nor the weight of the package.
Now I don't know how much would shipping be to the US, but you have the option to PO from OneSixthKit, since they have free shipping and a lot of users in here have had positive experiences with the store.

Skippy

xitrum wrote:
FreakinLobster wrote:

Thanks for the heads-up.  I sent them a message and, sure enough, they said shipping is not free and refunded.

So, there's no way to estimate what the shipping cost would be before the item is released?  That's odd!

Anyone with experience dealing with KGHobby know how much shipping typically cost?

Thanks a bunch!

There is a way to check, but you can only do it if you select Full Payment.

After that choose 'View or edit your cart' and you'll see the option to check the shipping estimate.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
xitrum, if you haven't done so, email Kit via his store if you're interested in the LIM version. He's top-notch, and his prices always include worldwide shipping. I used him for this version, and for the mid-beard LIM version (alternate head sculpt) (search for it on his site under head sculpts if you're interested in that, as well.)

xitrum

Stryker2011 wrote:xitrum, if you haven't done so, email Kit via his store if you're interested in the LIM version. He's top-notch, and his prices always include worldwide shipping. I used him for this version, and for the mid-beard LIM version (alternate head sculpt) (search for it on his site under head sculpts if you're interested in that, as well.)

Thanks for the tip.

shazzdan

shazzdan
Just noticed that he is using modern red plastic shotgun cartridges. Mid 19th century shotgun cartridges were made of brass. Late 19th century shotgun cartridges were made from brown paper and remained like this until plastic-walled cartridges were introduced in the 1960s. Red Dead Redemption was apparently set in 1911.

Skippy

shazzdan wrote:Just noticed that he is using modern red plastic shotgun cartridges. Mid 19th century shotgun cartridges were made of brass. Late 19th century shotgun cartridges were made from brown paper and remained like this until plastic-walled cartridges were introduced in the 1960s. Red Dead Redemption was apparently set in 1911.

I think in the game they're brass, apart from some special anniversary edition when they were red. I've never played it, but tried to watch a cinematic play through - but it was just too boring. (Nowhere near as good as the cinematic play throughs of The Last of Us).

VTS have likely used the shotgun cartridges they already made for other VTS and DAM figures.

They could be repainted orange to make them more appropriate.

https://www.shootinguk.co.uk/guns/ammunition/shotgun-cartridge-history-108308

By 1895 waterproofing paper hulls were quite effective when Eley produced the Pegamoid case. This featured five layers of paper, bonded with water-resistant adhesive.

VTSToys - NEW PRODUCT: VTS TOYS VM-026 Wilderness Rider 1/6 Figure - Page 3 Cartidges_5

Eley Grand Prix Cartridges...Grand Prix, launched in 1903, was the fore-runner of the modern shotgun cartridge. The original Grand Prix had a plain orange case...

The cases started off orange but during the 1930s they changed to red, green and yellow. Likely a temporary measure when orange was not available.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum