OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: JIAOU DOLL: 1/6 scale Asian Shape Body (3 colors)

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
accessory - NEW PRODUCT: JIAOU DOLL: 1/6 scale Asian Shape Body (3 colors) 11267

Material : TPE

Skeleton : 28 Joints of Articulations in Stainless Steel Ball and POM Skeleton

Product Size : 28CM Without Head

Weight : 0.8KG/Color Box

Foot Type : Detachable Foot

Neck Joint Diameter : 10mm Stainless Steel

Product Set :
1x Female Body ( without head )
1x Display Stand
1x Bikini
4x Neck Joints
4x Pair Hands
3x Set Foot

Asian Shape Pale Skin New Body (Small Bust / Detachable Foot) JO-Q05B-WS01
Asian Shape Natural Skin New Body (Small Bust / Detachable Foot) JO-Q05B-YS
Asian Shape Suntan Natural Skin New Body (Small Bust / Detachable Foot) JO-Q05B-BS

1/6 Asian Shape Pale Skin New Body (Small Bust / Detachable Foot) JO-Q05B-WS01

accessory - NEW PRODUCT: JIAOU DOLL: 1/6 scale Asian Shape Body (3 colors) 51820210
accessory - NEW PRODUCT: JIAOU DOLL: 1/6 scale Asian Shape Body (3 colors) 51820211
accessory - NEW PRODUCT: JIAOU DOLL: 1/6 scale Asian Shape Body (3 colors) 51820212
accessory - NEW PRODUCT: JIAOU DOLL: 1/6 scale Asian Shape Body (3 colors) 51820213
accessory - NEW PRODUCT: JIAOU DOLL: 1/6 scale Asian Shape Body (3 colors) 51820214
accessory - NEW PRODUCT: JIAOU DOLL: 1/6 scale Asian Shape Body (3 colors) 51820215
accessory - NEW PRODUCT: JIAOU DOLL: 1/6 scale Asian Shape Body (3 colors) 51820216
accessory - NEW PRODUCT: JIAOU DOLL: 1/6 scale Asian Shape Body (3 colors) 51820217

1/6 Asian Shape Natural Skin New Body (Small Bust / Detachable Foot) JO-Q05B-YS

accessory - NEW PRODUCT: JIAOU DOLL: 1/6 scale Asian Shape Body (3 colors) 51820218

Asian Shape Suntan Skin New Body (Small Bust / Detachable Foot) JO-Q05B-BS

accessory - NEW PRODUCT: JIAOU DOLL: 1/6 scale Asian Shape Body (3 colors) 51820219

#newproduct #JiaouDoll #AsianShape #female #body #accessory

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I don't know what makes these specifically Asian-shaped, but I think these bodies would lend themselves to plenty of useful kitbashing, with their relatively narrow shoulders and smaller breasts.

brassco

brassco
for the small breast phicen models, i always find the breast not so small...so i hope this Jiaou doll's really meet my expectation.

How about a really flat chested model?? who's going to make it??

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Normally I don’t care for Jiaou bodies at all, but this one has me tempted. My only gripe is that I wish it were a bit shorter. Otherwise this is great for so many characters who don’t have giant bosoms. Razz why oh why can’t Tbleague make more smaller busted but still curvy bodies? Especially petite (short) ones. Fingers crossed that they make me eat my words soon. :3

brassco

brassco
yes, the shorter ones too, so i can redress the dragon queen Daenerys Targaryen, and Katana from Suicide Squad!

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Did anyone end up getting this Jiaou body?

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
skywalkersaga wrote:Did anyone end up getting this Jiaou body?

I tend not to bother with Jiaou bodies now, as right up to the last 'European' model, I'm finding they don't hold up so well after a few months (skin-tearing in strange places, the arms and legs not holding poses, etc). If only TBL had anything like Jiaou's range of skintones.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
GeeWillikers wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote:Did anyone end up getting this Jiaou body?

I tend not bother with Jiaou bodies now, as right up to the last 'European' model, I'm finding they don't hold up so well after a few months (skin-tearing in strange places, the arms and legs not holding poses, etc). If only TBL had anything like Jiaou's range of skintones.

Yeah, def. Agree on all counts. My one and only experience with a Jiaou body and the skin on it tore extremely easily, so I never got one again either. I swore them off entirely as most of them don't even appeal to me that much anyway, but then I was curious about this one and wondered how it turned out.

My main interest in this one was mainly due to the smaller bust size, and the fact that it looked like it might have a chance of fiting into more 'doll like' clothing. But I don't like to get *any* 1/6 body sight-unseen, without at least a review first, so I won't take the chance on this one unless and until then... ;p

Re: skintones... that's the one thing Jiaou has going for it. One of tbleague's biggest weaknesses is definitely the lack of skintone range. Even their current pale and suntan don't have that much difference between them (both are quite pale, just slightly different colouring). It's frustrating. Though I guess unless Jiaou step up their quality (doubtful!), it seems almost to make more sense to put in the extra effort in repainting a headsculpt to match a tbleague body, rather than even bother with using a Jiaou.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
I tried to get at least one Jiaou of each skintone and type, so I've got about 25 of them, and none of them are holding up very well. This one does look really tempting though as it's a nice slim shape that TBL ought to try manufacturing (and Jaiou's non-'Euro' bodies are also slimmer than TBL's as a 'norm') but the issues noted above are very off-putting.

Maybe now that TBL are fast exhausting variants on the busty/curvy bodytypes, they might try to do something more like this one in the future. It might seem unrealistic given TBL's track record but I bet we'll get a slimmer body type before we get any ethnic variants. Neutral

Heartofiron

I'm currently using one of these to make up a pepper pots figure, the skin colour of the headsculpt was too dark for tbleague figures.accessory - NEW PRODUCT: JIAOU DOLL: 1/6 scale Asian Shape Body (3 colors) 20201111

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Welcome aboard, Heartofiron. Your Pepper looks good. And yes, I’ve always found Ht heads can actually work on the Jiaou Wheaten bodies. I’m using one for my Slave Leia with the HT Leia Endor head (modified, of course).

He who dies with the most toys wins!

accessory - NEW PRODUCT: JIAOU DOLL: 1/6 scale Asian Shape Body (3 colors) C8485110

Heartofiron

Having just done a quick count of my figures I've realised I've got way too many 😃, I've got 21 jiaou and 14 tbleague , the jiaou ones European body shape has ridiculous proportions and I'm liking the smaller shape , they are easier to find outfits for and the skin tone is easier to match heads with. Thanks for the welcome 👍

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Jiaou's "wheat" color female figures are a welcome alternative to the overly pale TBLeague ones, at least where skin tone matching is concerned. Your Pepper Potts works very well, Heartofiron.

Heartofiron

I think I should have ironed her suit before taking photos. I can't seem to always match the tbleague bodies with the heads that I would prefer. Jiaou seem to offer a lot more shades of skin, the one thing I really would like to obtain is a body with a more African skintone but nobody seems to produce one to my knowledge.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Heartofiron wrote:I think I should have ironed her suit before taking photos. I can't seem to always match the tbleague bodies with the heads that I would prefer. Jiaou seem to offer a lot more shades of skin,  the one thing I really would like to obtain is a body with a more African skintone but nobody seems to produce one to my knowledge.

They are possibly getting there with their new male figures that just went up for preorder. Don't know about the female ones yet. By the way, in case you haven't seen it, there is a thread on painting seamless bodies (the thread started with Jiaous but quickly became TBLeague). You can access it via the TBLeague catalog page here:
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t3013-tbleague-phicen-seamless-bodies-with-steel-skeleton-catalog-updated-continually#40055

A Man

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
So I got one of these - overall, it's an improvement on their previous female models. The upper body sculpting is greatly improved - somehow less cartoonish than usual (the last 'European' body was frankly ridiculously-proportioned but even their older bodies were too exaggerated in different ways), and the body shape is nice and slim. The legs however, while long and very slim also have little to no shape to them. The bust is also 'compact' rather than small - larger (or rather less flat) than say a TBL 16/17, but more, um, 'squished together' for want of a better term. So far this body seems to hold poses better than its predecessors.

One serious problem I have found with my particular model however is that it is impossible to change the feet over. The 'high-heel' feet will simply not squeeze over the foot pegs no matter how much effort I put into trying, which is a great shame as they are more realistically-sculpted than the flat feet that come attached.

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
GeeWillikers wrote:
One serious problem I have found with my particular model however is that it is impossible to change the feet over. The 'high-heel' feet will simply not squeeze over the foot pegs no matter how much effort I put into trying, which is a great shame as they are more realistically-sculpted than the flat feet that come attached.
I had the same issue with their 10C body. Warming the feet with a hairdryer helped.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Thanks for reporting back on this one... would like to see some pics, but no rush ^.^

ETA: from everything I’ve seen/read about this body, it sounds like it could be intended to be used with/for fashion dolls ... ?

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
TravelGuide wrote:
GeeWillikers wrote:
I had the same issue with their 10C body. Warming the feet with a hairdryer helped.
Not even doing that has worked this time. Oddly the 'socket' on the high-heel feet is a completely different shape that's too small into the bargain. I've had to put some spare TBL feet on it (which aren't too bad a match, happily).
skywalkersaga wrote:Thanks for reporting back on this one... would like to see some pics, but no rush ^.^

ETA: from everything I’ve seen/read about this body, it sounds like it could be intended to be used with/for fashion dolls ... ?
I would say it's a good bet (Jiaous are mostly already slim as a rule and some fashion doll clothing fits those, and this is their slimmest body yet), I'm going to try it out with a few Barbie/Fashionista clothes later. Will report back, hopefully with pics.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
GeeWillikers wrote:So I got one of these - overall, it's an improvement on their previous female models. The upper body sculpting is greatly improved - somehow less cartoonish than usual (the last 'European' body was frankly ridiculously-proportioned but even their older bodies were too exaggerated in different ways), and the body shape is nice and slim. The legs however, while long and very slim also have little to no shape to them. The bust is also 'compact' rather than small - larger (or rather less flat) than say a TBL 16/17, but more, um, 'squished together' for want of a better term. So far this body seems to hold poses better than its predecessors.

Unshapely (or insufficiently shaped) legs and difficult swapping for the feet are unfortunately common issues with Jiaou bodies, in my experience.

Heartofiron

Just a quick update on my pepper potts figure, I've managed to snap the plastic arm spar whilst trying change the hands, having peeled back the coating I've noticed that the plastic wasn't as pliable as I first thought, is there any suggestions on repairing snapped plastic limbs.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Sorry about the damaged arm, HeartofIron. I'm not sure where the break has occurred just by your description, so without seeing it I'm not sure how to advise on potentially fixing it. Is it on the arm itself, or is it the peg that attaches the hands to the wrist?

Heartofiron

Its the arm itself between the wrist and elbow, but closer to the elbow, I'm aware that certain glues are a giant no no due to damaging the flesh covering, but is there any advice about modelling putty something like greenstuff( hopefully people will be nerdy 3nough to know what that is)😄

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Heartofiron wrote:Its the arm itself between the wrist and elbow, but closer to the elbow, I'm aware that certain glues are a giant no no due to damaging the flesh covering, but is there any advice about modelling putty something like greenstuff( hopefully people will be nerdy 3nough to know what that is)😄

The good thing about "green stuff" is that it will probably not damage anything. The bad thing is that while it is strong, it is probably not nearly strong enough to ensure a permanent fully-reliable adhesion. But it might be better than nothing.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum