OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: Asmus Collectibles: 1/6 scale The Lord of the Rings: Galadriel

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
GALADRIEL
Category The Lord of the Rings

Product Type Sixth Scale Figure

Director Andy Hsu

Head Supervisor SHand

Sculpter Pichet Pitsuwan

Clothing Wan Wong

Accessories Livy Zheng Po Sen Lee

Painting MATA (Original Asmus Toys Design Team)

Manufactured by Asmus Toys

Product ID:LOTR019
$210.00USD

ASMUS TOYS THE LORD OF THE RING SERIES: GALADRIEL

(Product ID: LOTR019)

The GALADRIEL Sixth Scaled Figure features:

Authentic and detailed fully realistic likeness of GALADRIEL from The Lord of the Rings trilogy.

· Asmus Toys Eva female body

· Approximately 28 cm tall

· Over 32 points of articulation

Features:

· One pair of relaxed posture hands

· Two pairs of vest holding hands
. One pair of fist

Special Features on Clothing:

· One pair of long Elvish gown

· One pair of long slip

· One pearl belt

Special Features in Accessories:

· One Elvish kettle
. Two Nenya, the Ring of Adamant

ASMUS TOYS ONLINE STORE EXCLUSIVE :

· Mirror of Galadriel
· Altar of Galadriel

Est. Shipping Date : August 2020

lordoftherings - NEW PRODUCT: Asmus Collectibles: 1/6 scale The Lord of the Rings: Galadriel Gl001a10
lordoftherings - NEW PRODUCT: Asmus Collectibles: 1/6 scale The Lord of the Rings: Galadriel Gl02a10
lordoftherings - NEW PRODUCT: Asmus Collectibles: 1/6 scale The Lord of the Rings: Galadriel Gl03a10
lordoftherings - NEW PRODUCT: Asmus Collectibles: 1/6 scale The Lord of the Rings: Galadriel Gl04a10
lordoftherings - NEW PRODUCT: Asmus Collectibles: 1/6 scale The Lord of the Rings: Galadriel Gl05a10
lordoftherings - NEW PRODUCT: Asmus Collectibles: 1/6 scale The Lord of the Rings: Galadriel Gl06a10
lordoftherings - NEW PRODUCT: Asmus Collectibles: 1/6 scale The Lord of the Rings: Galadriel Gl08a10
lordoftherings - NEW PRODUCT: Asmus Collectibles: 1/6 scale The Lord of the Rings: Galadriel Gl09a10
lordoftherings - NEW PRODUCT: Asmus Collectibles: 1/6 scale The Lord of the Rings: Galadriel Glh05a10
lordoftherings - NEW PRODUCT: Asmus Collectibles: 1/6 scale The Lord of the Rings: Galadriel Glh07a10
lordoftherings - NEW PRODUCT: Asmus Collectibles: 1/6 scale The Lord of the Rings: Galadriel Glonli10

#newproduct #AsmusCollectibles #LordoftheRings #Galadriel #female #movie #fantasy

PitViper

PitViper
Definitely not my cup of tea, but kudos to the artist for capturing the likeness of Cate Blanchett so well.

gooboo

The top part of the hair looks weird. Might get the gown for kitbashing, though.

lurpdog101

lurpdog101
really nice likeness of Cate Blanchett!

https://www.hellblazerbiz.com

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Well, I am pleased they finally made her, and the face/headsculpt seems pretty nice. The diorama piece is also really neat. 

The hair and the gown.... hmm. Gown seems decent enough, but I guess I'm just surprised they went with this particular hairstyle and overall 'look', rather than the one with the circlet. This style is quite scene-specific, if I recall. The top part of the hair seems like a good solution to the issues with hairlines that Asmus seems to have, but at the same time I'm not totally convinced. it does look a bit odd. Trying to be open minded though. : ) 

I'm always super happy to see female characters in gowns being made in 1/6 scale, and even moreso happy to see this character/actress portrayed, so overall this a welcome release. I don't really have room in my collection for her though, and probably only would have use for the headscupt.... but I haven't had a ton of luck with finding Asmus LotR heads parted out, so I'm not sure how realistic it would be to be able to find one on its own.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
From certain angles, at least, the likeness is excellent. I agree that the hair on the final product might be a point of concern -- especially the front top part -- but overall very nicely done.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
The hair line makes her look like she’s wearing a wig, but I can live with it — hopefully it’s something that can be futzed with enough to fix. It’s a truly remarkable sculpt, and I’ve already put her on PO on the Asmus site. They addressed the gown issue (saying it was an absolute pain in the butt to even attempt. And, they also mentioned that the crown isn’t included as this is supposed to be the very scene the pedestal/mirror belongs to — a slightly odd choice, but then, all along fans/collectors were asking for that very accessory of them. Also, due to the thickness of the hair, and the delicate nature of the crown, I would imagine it might not have ended up looking all that good, anyway. It seems all the Elves (aside from Legolas) have had very scene specific choices made for their figures (like Arwen’s riding habit, and Elrond’s armor), that haven’t been exactly representative of their overall appearance.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

lordoftherings - NEW PRODUCT: Asmus Collectibles: 1/6 scale The Lord of the Rings: Galadriel C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Yes, that's what I meant about the outfit being 'scene-specific' -- I wasn't aware that 'fans' were asking for that particular scene, but I guess since Asmus pays direct attention to that sort of thing it makes sense they would do so. Personally, I'd rather them have gone for a more general look --- after all, a diorama piece and props could always be found/created by oneself. But that's just me, and I get that people who just want to collect stuff as-is aren't going to be thinking like that. 

Speaking of customization, if I were going to get this one, I'd probably end up re-hairing it anyway, so the wig issue isn't too much of a big deal. I noticed the lack of circlet simply cause that's my sort of 'go-to' look for depictions of the film version of her. And yes, I agree that it probably would have a) been tough to get it to sit right on her head, and b) ended up giving her 'helmet hair', but I can't help but be partial to it... probably cause I'm influenced by the gorgeous Tonner doll that had that look. :3 

lordoftherings - NEW PRODUCT: Asmus Collectibles: 1/6 scale The Lord of the Rings: Galadriel 0636365e02befc5fc17dfc72ce925316

brassco

brassco
wow...i was rewatching LOTR right now...i will not be preordering this yet, as i would like to see in hands pictures...if the likeness is not there in the final product, it would be a waste of money!

agentghost

agentghost
WOW.. what a weird nose. From a certain angle, she looks like a DUDE with blonde wig. I will sit this one out

shazzdan

shazzdan
The thought the Elizabeth headsculpt was a better likeness of Blanchett.

Delanie

Delanie
I thought that too Shazzdan but unfortunately that one is a darker blond and no points to her ears, although it was rumoured that Elizabeth was of supernatural origin (probably Spanish misinformation)

I've pre-ordered her if I'm being honest the actor who plays the characters is not overly important to me unless its relevant and the figure looks realistic.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Mine finally arrived today. She's lovely, and the dress is nicely detailed. They also include two rings (that are actually removable -- though why one would, I have no idea. My one nit is, of course, these really junky aftermarket female bodies that most companies seem prone to use. They oddly enough did a good job on her bare feet, and even have some "hues" in the skin -- the hands are not so finely detailed (another failing of these bodies). She comes with a cloak (the one she wore during the scene where the Fellowship departs), but I haven't had the opportunity to examine it as it was jammed into a bag, and folded up, so it's going to require some soaking (and ironing -- if possible) before I even attempt to deal with that. The "Mirror" is nicely done, aside from the usual fake-looking plants, but there actually is a solid "pool" of water in it. Sorry, I didn't take a picture of that. The basin comes as a removable piece, and the rest of is it finely detailed and fairly heavy (like a TBLeague base).

lordoftherings - NEW PRODUCT: Asmus Collectibles: 1/6 scale The Lord of the Rings: Galadriel _dsc3364
lordoftherings - NEW PRODUCT: Asmus Collectibles: 1/6 scale The Lord of the Rings: Galadriel _dsc3366
lordoftherings - NEW PRODUCT: Asmus Collectibles: 1/6 scale The Lord of the Rings: Galadriel _dsc3365

lordoftherings - NEW PRODUCT: Asmus Collectibles: 1/6 scale The Lord of the Rings: Galadriel C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Very nice, Mark, glad you got it and are happy. Perhaps it was easier for them to sculpt and paint the rings separately, especially if they are using third-party bodies.

Delanie

Delanie
I don't know if my previous post got through but hey.

I think i'll swap her body out if I can find a compatible one. |I think the H/S looks better than the one shown in the original pictures.

Glad you got yours still waiting for mine

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Oh she did turn out quite nice! I didn't like how the front of the hair looked in the promo pics, but it looks better in hand.

Would love to see pics of yours, too, Delanie, once she arrives. : )

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
A couple more shots; I steamed the silk over-cape straight (it's very delicate), and it's nicely designed, and has the same leaf clasp that the elven cloaks she gave to the Fellowship, but the opening for the head is so tight there was no way for me to get it over her head. Very disappointing. And the clasp doesn't come undone without breaking the stitching that holds it in place. Here's another couple of pictures.

lordoftherings - NEW PRODUCT: Asmus Collectibles: 1/6 scale The Lord of the Rings: Galadriel _dsc3367
lordoftherings - NEW PRODUCT: Asmus Collectibles: 1/6 scale The Lord of the Rings: Galadriel _dsc3368

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
She looks gorgeous! It's a rare figure that looks so much better than the promo pics. And I absolutely love the lighting!

Regarding the cloak, can you pull her head off and put the cloak on, and then put the head back on again?

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Gorgeous indeed.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
GubernatorFan wrote:Very nice, Mark, glad you got it and are happy. Perhaps it was easier for them to sculpt and paint the rings separately, especially if they are using third-party bodies.

I hadn’t actually thought of that, but you could be right.

Delanie wrote:I don't know if my previous post got through but hey.

I think i'll swap her body out if I can find a compatible one. |I think the H/S looks better than the one shown in the original pictures.

Glad you got yours still waiting for mine

Thanks, it is a really nice figure — cape issues aside; and the mediocre body.

skywalkersaga wrote:Oh she did turn out quite nice! I didn't like how the front of the hair looked in the promo pics, but it looks better in hand.

Would love to see pics of yours, too, Delanie, once she arrives. : )

skywalkersaga wrote:She looks gorgeous! It's a rare figure that looks so much better than the promo pics. And I absolutely love the lighting!

Regarding the cloak, can you pull her head off and put the cloak on, and then put the head back on again?

Thanks, S. I tried that, but I’d have to stuff all the hair through the opening, and honestly trying to not mess with it too much, as I’m afraid of making it a tangled mess.

GubernatorFan wrote:Gorgeous indeed.

Thanks, Ian.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum