OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Finished LOTR/TH Ronin Wraith 8 0f 9 Outdoors Pictures (now bigger pics!)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Again one of The Nine but in his form from the battle of Dol Guldur, my own design as they only bothered to make six designs then repeated three of them to make nine...lazy? No idea.

I based this design on a Ronin/Samurai like character to create a new race of human characters in Middle Earth. They live on a large island in the south, off the coast of the Haradrim lands, also near the Reapers who raise and fly dragons which poses a threat for both the Haradrim and the Ronin alike so both tribes are proficient archers to deter dragon raids. In fact the Haradrim and Ronin are often known to fight alongside against the Reapers and Corsairs that regularly raid both of their coastlines. Their war banners alongside those of the Haradrim create quite an imposing sight on the battlefield. This Wraith is of course their king who was given a ring of power by Sauron tricking him into his service along with his people for Mordor's Great Army; it also caused them to lose their highly prized honour in the process...

He is wearing fully articulated die-cast armour with a die-cast katana and saya, real wooden arrows with real feather fletching. The bow draws correctly with the arrows being the correct length (unlike most most 1/6 figure arrows) and he can assume a proper archer's draw stance even with all his bulky heavy armour. I practice archery as a hobby so it annoys me no end when figures with bows cannot do this.

Finished  LOTR/TH Ronin Wraith 8 0f 9 Outdoors Pictures (now bigger pics!) O8zob9C

Finished  LOTR/TH Ronin Wraith 8 0f 9 Outdoors Pictures (now bigger pics!) WWx7a1h

Finished  LOTR/TH Ronin Wraith 8 0f 9 Outdoors Pictures (now bigger pics!) NiCTWDz

Finished  LOTR/TH Ronin Wraith 8 0f 9 Outdoors Pictures (now bigger pics!) 9VIEVqW

Finished  LOTR/TH Ronin Wraith 8 0f 9 Outdoors Pictures (now bigger pics!) MtDDTLU

Finished  LOTR/TH Ronin Wraith 8 0f 9 Outdoors Pictures (now bigger pics!) IgaZeWz

Finished  LOTR/TH Ronin Wraith 8 0f 9 Outdoors Pictures (now bigger pics!) O873iSk

Finished  LOTR/TH Ronin Wraith 8 0f 9 Outdoors Pictures (now bigger pics!) FB3ba4y

Finished  LOTR/TH Ronin Wraith 8 0f 9 Outdoors Pictures (now bigger pics!) 6i9Gaxw

Finished  LOTR/TH Ronin Wraith 8 0f 9 Outdoors Pictures (now bigger pics!) 2KCSIwS

Finished  LOTR/TH Ronin Wraith 8 0f 9 Outdoors Pictures (now bigger pics!) YMnUs35

Finished  LOTR/TH Ronin Wraith 8 0f 9 Outdoors Pictures (now bigger pics!) GuGpJEU

Finished  LOTR/TH Ronin Wraith 8 0f 9 Outdoors Pictures (now bigger pics!) C6v67tJ

Finished  LOTR/TH Ronin Wraith 8 0f 9 Outdoors Pictures (now bigger pics!) KH21gnj

Finished  LOTR/TH Ronin Wraith 8 0f 9 Outdoors Pictures (now bigger pics!) OtfzrA9

Finished  LOTR/TH Ronin Wraith 8 0f 9 Outdoors Pictures (now bigger pics!) 9RLFVWw

Finished  LOTR/TH Ronin Wraith 8 0f 9 Outdoors Pictures (now bigger pics!) OqApYuy

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Wow. He looks so cool. Love the helmet, the banners, his bow. Incredible work and figure.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Finished  LOTR/TH Ronin Wraith 8 0f 9 Outdoors Pictures (now bigger pics!) Bnp4ba10
Credit to greygoose for the signature card

Fox915

Fox915
Wow! Yet another imposing and extraordinary piece, full of intricate details. My only gripe is, I wish the photos were a bit larger so I can appreciate it all in its glorious details. Razz

I really love your design, it's a great balance between creativity/originality and the traditional characteristics of the Samurai armor. The two most outstanding parts to me are the helmet and the bow (not that the rest is any less outstanding). I really love the helmet design, it's very striking and intimidating. The bow just looks amazing, it looks aggressive and gives off a sense of forcefulness.

Hats of to you sir, your work is awe-inspiring.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/110202058@N06/albums

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
With the crest and banners, he is quite the show-off. But I guess being a king and a ring-wraith, he gets to be. You've done a beautiful job, and looks like you've found a pretty good spot for the photos!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Stryker2011 wrote:Wow. He looks so cool. Love the helmet, the banners, his bow. Incredible work and figure.

Thanks Stryker and cheers for sticking it out keeping me company during the build! Very Happy

Fox915 wrote:Wow! Yet another imposing and extraordinary piece, full of intricate details. My only gripe is, I wish the photos were a bit larger so I can appreciate it all in its glorious details. Razz

I really love your design, it's a great balance between creativity/originality and the traditional characteristics of the Samurai armor. The two most outstanding parts to me are the helmet and the bow (not that the rest is any less outstanding). I really love the helmet design, it's very striking and intimidating. The bow just looks amazing, it looks aggressive and gives off a sense of forcefulness.

Hats of to you sir, your work is awe-inspiring.

Thank you so much Fox! Ironically I shrank all the pics down as I was told in the past my pics were too big! Perhaps that was only meant for the WIP pics though, I'll reupload them in their original sizes when I've had a sleep!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:With the crest and banners, he is quite the show-off. But I guess being a king and a ring-wraith, he gets to be. You've done a beautiful job, and looks like you've found a pretty good spot for the photos!

Thanks GF! It's where I shot all the other Wraith bar a couple due to winter which is why they were in the photobooth etc.. but now the weather is better for figures outside, no for me as I like the cool climate and rain! I'm a miserable bastard! pirat

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
shovelchop81 wrote:Thanks GF! It's where I shot all the other Wraith bar a couple due to winter which is why they were in the photobooth etc.. but now the weather is better for figures outside, no for me as I like the cool climate and rain! I'm a miserable bastard! pirat

You are welcome! Well, the location works very well for this sort of thing, even though it is hard to imagine this guy frolicking in the summertime sun. It does give it a sort of timeless archaic look. And I thought your were attracted to Wales because of its heatwaves and droughts! Smile Actually if you wanted cold and rainy, I've heard that there are other parts of Great Britain that are more known for that... but I will not name them out of politeness. Wink

Fox915

Fox915
I came to see the new pics as soon as I got the notification, and boy, what a substantial difference that made. They're super crisp and clear I could see all the texture and the weathering on the armor pieces and the weapons. Seeing them more clearly, I can really appreciate the emblems/etchings on the on the shoulders, abdomen section, forearm guards, and around the knees more. This is such a beautiful piece, and it was such a pleasure to enjoy it in HD. Very Happy

https://www.flickr.com/photos/110202058@N06/albums

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Oh yes, the new photos do it justice, showing all the glorious detail. Beautiful.

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Man, those pics outside really do the figure justice. Came out incredible! Might be my favorite of your wraith designs, and the functionality of the bow is brilliant. Incredible work.

blackpool

blackpool
damn this is outstanding!!! The level of detail on the armor plates is so insane it hurts lol, fantastic work, and that bow shooting pose, absolutely epic!!!! Congratulations on that masterpiece and thanks for sharing in the full day light, he's mighty!

Curiosity question, who is the other armored guy...? I wanna see him tooooo

dadrab

dadrab
Glorious work, brah. That's about all I have to write...

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Wow!

It's hard to believe that, until completed, he existed completely in your head! I have this stuff in my head, I just can't get it out of there, it gets lost inbetween my head and my hands.

Well done!

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:
shovelchop81 wrote:Thanks GF! It's where I shot all the other Wraith bar a couple due to winter which is why they were in the photobooth etc.. but now the weather is better for figures outside, no for me as I like the cool climate and rain! I'm a miserable bastard! pirat

You are welcome! Well, the location works very well for this sort of thing, even though it is hard to imagine this guy frolicking in the summertime sun. It does give it a sort of timeless archaic look. And I thought your were attracted to Wales because of its heatwaves and droughts! Smile Actually if you wanted cold and rainy, I've heard that there are other parts of Great Britain that are more known for that... but I will not name them out of politeness. Wink

Well people won't even talk to you in most of those places, the Welsh are pretty open and friendly on the whole, being Irish here helps a lot, there's a very long running three way bond between three of the four countries making up the British Isles against the fourth country...see if you can guess which ones! LOL.

Finished  LOTR/TH Ronin Wraith 8 0f 9 Outdoors Pictures (now bigger pics!) British%20Isles%20Map

Fox915 wrote:I came to see the new pics as soon as I got the notification, and boy, what a substantial difference that made. They're super crisp and clear I could see all the texture and the weathering on the armor pieces and the weapons. Seeing them more clearly, I can really appreciate the emblems/etchings on the on the shoulders, abdomen section, forearm guards, and around the knees more. This is such a beautiful piece, and it was such a pleasure to enjoy it in HD. Very Happy

Thanks again for suggesting the idea of bigger pics!

GubernatorFan wrote:Oh yes, the new photos do it justice, showing all the glorious detail. Beautiful.

Believe it or not, that's my Sony Xperia M5 phone's camera using the 'Open Camera' app without a tripod and me shaking and wobbling all over the place! It has 21.16MP at 5312x3008 in 4:3 and 16.07MP in 167:94!.

ReverendSpooky wrote:Man, those pics outside really do the figure justice.  Came out incredible! Might be my favorite of your wraith designs, and the functionality of the bow is brilliant.  Incredible work.

Thank you so much RS!

blackpool wrote:damn this is outstanding!!! The level of detail on the armor plates is so insane it hurts lol, fantastic work, and that bow shooting pose, absolutely epic!!!! Congratulations on that masterpiece and thanks for sharing in the full day light, he's mighty!

Curiosity question, who is the other armored guy...? I wanna see him tooooo

LOL, cheers blackpool! The other figure will be posted in a new thread, possibly today, I didn't want to flood the board with my threads all at once.

dadrab wrote:Glorious work, brah. That's about all I have to write...

Thank you dadrab! A Southern Gentleman lost for words? That's a first! You guys usually can turn a simple boring word into a wonderful phrase or sentence! One of the many reasons I've always loved the South, that along with bikes, guns and incredible beards! I lived around Daytona for a few years as a Harley mechanic and all my friends were bikers, rednecks and basically nuts! Wink

Rogerbee wrote:Wow!

It's hard to believe that, until completed, he existed completely in your head! I have this stuff in my head, I just can't get it out of there, it gets lost inbetween my head and my hands.

Well done!

CHEERS!

Thanks Roger! Get an X-ray, you might find it all somewhere! Wink

Pontiacivan

Pontiacivan
I've been trying to view this for a couple days, but I could not get the pictures to load.
I knew it was going to be awesome when they finally did ( just now).
I'm glad I kept coming back and trying, this guy is sick!
I get your frustration on the bow issue, if you can do it, you should expect your figure to as well.
Another studio quality figure!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Pontiacivan wrote:I've been trying to view this for a couple days, but I could not get the pictures to load.
I knew it was going to be awesome when they finally did ( just now).
I'm glad I kept coming back and trying, this guy is sick!
I get your frustration on the bow issue, if you can do it, you should expect your figure to as well.
Another studio quality figure!

Thanks for your patience with the large pixel heavy pictures, that's the downside of those if your broadband is slow, I have a 100Mbps so not an issue for me. As for figures posed in correct archery positions/stances it all depends on the body used, funnily enough this guy just has a super cheap (3quid) Dr. Who body! I think those G3 bodies are still the best for articulation, pictured below in a standing pose ironically!

Finished  LOTR/TH Ronin Wraith 8 0f 9 Outdoors Pictures (now bigger pics!) OmTYYnx

Finished  LOTR/TH Ronin Wraith 8 0f 9 Outdoors Pictures (now bigger pics!) Sku2127

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
The larger pics really do this amazing build justice. He is awesome!!

Finished  LOTR/TH Ronin Wraith 8 0f 9 Outdoors Pictures (now bigger pics!) Bnp4ba10

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Stryker2011 wrote:The larger pics really do this amazing build justice. He is awesome!!

Thanks Stryker!

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Some of the G3's were super brittle, I have one where the arms have just fallen off, I swear I haven't touched them. You're welcome to what's left along with any other BBI body I have sculling about.

CHEERS!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thanks for the extra photos -- and the reminder as to how huge Sauron really is. And as for Wales and the other "dreary" places that have rapport with it, I am guessing you mean the Gaelic ones. Although I am old enough to remember (so to speak LOL), when the future Welsh (Britons) called in the "Saxons" to help them fight off Irish and Pictish raiders, and the rest is history. Talk about irony. Wink

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Yes, but can't we all just get along? I blame Cromwell. Smile

dadrab

dadrab
GubernatorFan wrote:

Yes, but can't we all just get along?

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:Thanks for the extra photos -- and the reminder as to how huge Sauron really is. And as for Wales and the other "dreary" places that have rapport with it, I am guessing you mean the Gaelic ones. Although I am old enough to remember (so to speak LOL), when the future Welsh (Britons) called in the "Saxons" to help them fight off Irish and Pictish raiders, and the rest is history. Talk about irony. Wink

Oh yes, they were always raiding each other for slaves etc..it was practically a tradition! LOL.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:
Stryker2011 wrote:The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Yes, but can't we all just get along? I blame Cromwell. Smile

Yup, genocide tends to leave grudges..

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum