OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Barbarian Soul Action figure #PL2020-167

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
fantasy - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Barbarian Soul Action figure #PL2020-167 17330710

TBLeague 1/6 Barbarian Soul Action Figure

Item No: PL2020-167
Bar Code: 697 127233 071 0
Packing List:
1) 1 x head sculpt
2) 1 x TBLeague 1/6 male seamless body with metal skeleton
3)3 pair x interchangeable hands
4) 1 x battle strap on the upper body
5) 1 x waist-belt
6) 1 x battle fur skirt
7) 1 x skirt armor
Cool 1 x helmet
9) 1 pair x shoes
10) 1 pair x shoulder armors
11) 1 x medal on the chest
12) 1 pair x leg armors
13) 1 pair x leg fur sleeves
14) 1x skull accessory hangs at the waist-belt
15) 1 pair x forearm fur sleeves
16) 1 pair x arm armors
17) 4 x puttees
18) 1 x cloak
19) 1 x axe

Packaging:
1 product/individual box
GW: 1.81 kg
Measurements: 24.3cm*10.0cm*38.0cm

6 products/master carton
GW: 11.76 kg
Measurements: 51.5cm*33cm*40.5cm

fantasy - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Barbarian Soul Action figure #PL2020-167 17330711
fantasy - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Barbarian Soul Action figure #PL2020-167 17330810
fantasy - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Barbarian Soul Action figure #PL2020-167 17330910
fantasy - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Barbarian Soul Action figure #PL2020-167 17331011
fantasy - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Barbarian Soul Action figure #PL2020-167 17331010
fantasy - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Barbarian Soul Action figure #PL2020-167 17331110
fantasy - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Barbarian Soul Action figure #PL2020-167 17331111
fantasy - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Barbarian Soul Action figure #PL2020-167 17331211
fantasy - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Barbarian Soul Action figure #PL2020-167 17331210
fantasy - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Barbarian Soul Action figure #PL2020-167 17331310
fantasy - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Barbarian Soul Action figure #PL2020-167 17331411
fantasy - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Barbarian Soul Action figure #PL2020-167 17331410
fantasy - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Barbarian Soul Action figure #PL2020-167 17331510
fantasy - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Barbarian Soul Action figure #PL2020-167 17331610
fantasy - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Barbarian Soul Action figure #PL2020-167 17331611
fantasy - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Barbarian Soul Action figure #PL2020-167 17331710

#newproduct #TBLeague #BarbarianSoul #male #fantasy

Nekk-ra

I like him. Figure is great on it's own, but there's tons of parts for kitbashing. Also, am I the only one hearing The Hu's Wolf Totem playing in the background as you scroll through the photos?

csyeung

csyeung
Costume looks really cool and the helmeted shots look awesome, but the head sculpt without the helmet seems off to me.

JohnByng

Very nice! I am definitely getting this one. To be honest, I really like the head sculpt as he has an Asian look to him and not the boring Arnie face.

Not sure about the axe, it looks inefficient as a weapon; maybe useful for cutting up his meat. Smile

In the last image what is the thing with the spikes next to the helmet? Is it another helmet? I don't see it mentioned in the packing list.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
JohnByng wrote:In the last image what is the thing with the spikes next to the helmet? Is it another helmet? I don't see it mentioned in the packing list.

It’s one of the shoulder pieces, like the one with the skull design.

While I’m glad it doesn’t look like Arnold, (or Chris Hemsworth) the head is a baffling to me. We clearly have a fantasy Viking/Nordic figure, what’s with the Asian head sculpt? Is their evidence of a lot of Asians in Ancient Scandinavian regions? I would have preferred something with brown, red, or blonde hair and a more European face... just saying. I guess that could be easily rectified with all the available head sculpts out there — everything but the hair and tattoos, that is.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

fantasy - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Barbarian Soul Action figure #PL2020-167 C8485110

Nekk-ra

I wasn't thinking Fantasy Nordic when I saw him, though the historical Vikings did have trade routes that extended out pretty far. I was thinking more along the lines of a denizen of one of the realms of the Conan mythos.

FreakinLobster

FreakinLobster
Nekk-ra wrote:I wasn't thinking Fantasy Nordic when I saw him, though the historical Vikings did have trade routes that extended out pretty far. I was thinking more along the lines of a denizen of one of the realms of the Conan mythos.

I was writing exactly that, a Conan-esque figure... before my browser crashed.
I never PO'd something so fast. Now I'm puzzled by the OSK price on this figure. They're asking for 219usd, while on KGHobby, it's ~160usd. There's the shipping cost to be added on KGH, still it's good to analize the options.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
This is really nice, although my current financial situation is very sadly going to exclude me from buying any full sets like this for the forseeable.

I'm also thinking it's more in the Robert E. Howard area than anything Scandanavian.

Still wondering how exactly TBL are doing the body tattoos on some of their new figures, and how long before they start to crack or look worn/shoddy.

JohnByng

Stryker2011 wrote:
JohnByng wrote:In the last image what is the thing with the spikes next to the helmet? Is it another helmet? I don't see it mentioned in the packing list.

It’s one of the shoulder pieces, like the one with the skull design.

While I’m glad it doesn’t look like Arnold, (or Chris Hemsworth) the head is a baffling to me. We clearly have a fantasy Viking/Nordic figure, what’s with the Asian head sculpt? Is their evidence of a lot of Asians in Ancient Scandinavian regions? I would have preferred something with brown, red, or blonde hair and a more European face... just saying. I guess that could be easily rectified with all the available head sculpts out there — everything but the hair and tattoos, that is.

Thanks!

navetsea

the armor looks like those undeads in Skyrim catacombs, the head is totally Donnie Yen though looks so funny with the buff body and the nord barbarian inspired armor

csyeung

csyeung
Ah, like Stryker, I was thinking Viking/nordics as well when I first saw this so the asian sculpt didnt work for me. Still the costume is really nice and can be remedied easily with an alternate sculpt.

JohnByng

From what I remember of Conan he was from a place which resembled Mongolia (sort of) so this kind of sculpt is fine with me.

I think the helmet is giving you a false sense of the Viking. I believe the horned Viking helmet is a myth (presumably from Hollywood) but am happy to be corrected on that. The amount of bare flesh suggests somewhere less frigid than Scandinavia!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Conan is supposed to be a Cimmerian (albeit overly fictionalized), which would place him in Eastern Europe and the westernmost portions of Asia. The horned helmets are primarily associated with Norse religion, though actual artificial horn-like protrusions are found among the Celts, and real horned helmets were apparently in use among the Bronze-Age "Mycenaean" Greeks and "Sea Peoples."

I love the figure/set, both in itself and for its kitbashing potential, and not least because it doesn't butcher something that really existed.

JohnByng

Cimmerian? A good idea to go for a civilization that nobody knows anything about, but they must have been unique in their part of the world for their love of fur clothing!

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
I'm really liking his helmet so I'll try to pick it up loose.

JohnByng

BAD WOLF-787 wrote:I'm really liking his helmet so I'll try to pick it up loose.

Yes, it has a Death Dealer vibe.

FreakinLobster

FreakinLobster
Posing this Barbarian alongside with Arhian in an epic battle against Death Dealer, or him as a Death Dealer minion against Arhian, will be pretty interesting... and frustrating, cuz my Death Dealer has a big problem with stability. His feet are huge but loose, so I gotta keep him always leaning against a surface.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
JohnByng wrote:Cimmerian? A good idea to go for a civilization that nobody knows anything about, but they must have been unique in their part of the world for their love of fur clothing!

LOL, yes, when I first found out, it was verbally, and I thought they said "Sumerian" (thanks to the pernicious English mispronunciation of the letter "C," which is itself an Etruscan abomination), and wondered how on earth the inventors of civilization could be considered barbarians. When I understood they meant "Cimmerian" it made a lot more sense, and, as you say, not least because of how little we know of those guys. I'd assume a Scythian-Sarmatian sort of lifestyle and dress, but probably with as much cloth as fur (and that last primarily in winter).

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Cheesy, but in a fun way! Agree that it has that pulpy, Frank Frazetta-esquire vibe. Not anything I would pick up myself, but I’m sure others here will enjoy this. :’)

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Don’t read too much into the name Cimmerian. Howard wasn’t exactly going by history, but rather took the name, and even altered existing names of countries, to make his Hyborean Age. Cimmerians in his books were based on the Celts (specifically the Dark Age Gaels), and bare little to no resemblance to the historical Cimmerians (Indo-Europeans). Even his map of the Hyborean Age, which is strikingly similar to the European mainland, where Cimmeria is located in the upper north western region of the continent (which puts it closer to the Scandinavian countries of today, rather than the Eastern countries of the Russian steppes).

He who dies with the most toys wins!

fantasy - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Barbarian Soul Action figure #PL2020-167 C8485110

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum