OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.


You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Barbarian Soul Action figure #PL2020-167

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
tbleague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Barbarian Soul Action figure #PL2020-167 17330710


TBLeague 1/6 Barbarian Soul Action Figure

Item No: PL2020-167
Bar Code: 697 127233 071 0
Packing List:
1) 1 x head sculpt
2) 1 x TBLeague 1/6 male seamless body with metal skeleton
3)3 pair x interchangeable hands
4) 1 x battle strap on the upper body
5) 1 x waist-belt
6) 1 x battle fur skirt
7) 1 x skirt armor
Cool 1 x helmet
9) 1 pair x shoes
10) 1 pair x shoulder armors
11) 1 x medal on the chest
12) 1 pair x leg armors
13) 1 pair x leg fur sleeves
14) 1x skull accessory hangs at the waist-belt
15) 1 pair x forearm fur sleeves
16) 1 pair x arm armors
17) 4 x puttees
18) 1 x cloak
19) 1 x axe

Packaging:
1 product/individual box
GW: 1.81 kg
Measurements: 24.3cm*10.0cm*38.0cm

6 products/master carton
GW: 11.76 kg
Measurements: 51.5cm*33cm*40.5cm

tbleague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Barbarian Soul Action figure #PL2020-167 17330711
tbleague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Barbarian Soul Action figure #PL2020-167 17330810
tbleague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Barbarian Soul Action figure #PL2020-167 17330910
tbleague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Barbarian Soul Action figure #PL2020-167 17331011
tbleague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Barbarian Soul Action figure #PL2020-167 17331010
tbleague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Barbarian Soul Action figure #PL2020-167 17331110
tbleague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Barbarian Soul Action figure #PL2020-167 17331111
tbleague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Barbarian Soul Action figure #PL2020-167 17331211
tbleague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Barbarian Soul Action figure #PL2020-167 17331210
tbleague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Barbarian Soul Action figure #PL2020-167 17331310
tbleague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Barbarian Soul Action figure #PL2020-167 17331411
tbleague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Barbarian Soul Action figure #PL2020-167 17331410
tbleague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Barbarian Soul Action figure #PL2020-167 17331510
tbleague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Barbarian Soul Action figure #PL2020-167 17331610
tbleague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Barbarian Soul Action figure #PL2020-167 17331611
tbleague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Barbarian Soul Action figure #PL2020-167 17331710

#newproduct #TBLeague #BarbarianSoul #male #fantasy

Nekk-ra


I like him. Figure is great on it's own, but there's tons of parts for kitbashing. Also, am I the only one hearing The Hu's Wolf Totem playing in the background as you scroll through the photos?

csyeung

csyeung
Costume looks really cool and the helmeted shots look awesome, but the head sculpt without the helmet seems off to me.

JohnByng


Very nice! I am definitely getting this one. To be honest, I really like the head sculpt as he has an Asian look to him and not the boring Arnie face.

Not sure about the axe, it looks inefficient as a weapon; maybe useful for cutting up his meat. Smile

In the last image what is the thing with the spikes next to the helmet? Is it another helmet? I don't see it mentioned in the packing list.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
JohnByng wrote:In the last image what is the thing with the spikes next to the helmet? Is it another helmet? I don't see it mentioned in the packing list.

It’s one of the shoulder pieces, like the one with the skull design.

While I’m glad it doesn’t look like Arnold, (or Chris Hemsworth) the head is a baffling to me. We clearly have a fantasy Viking/Nordic figure, what’s with the Asian head sculpt? Is their evidence of a lot of Asians in Ancient Scandinavian regions? I would have preferred something with brown, red, or blonde hair and a more European face... just saying. I guess that could be easily rectified with all the available head sculpts out there — everything but the hair and tattoos, that is.


_________________
Mark

He who dies with the most toys wins!

tbleague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Barbarian Soul Action figure #PL2020-167 Bnp4ba10
Credit to greygoose for the signature card

Nekk-ra


I wasn't thinking Fantasy Nordic when I saw him, though the historical Vikings did have trade routes that extended out pretty far. I was thinking more along the lines of a denizen of one of the realms of the Conan mythos.

FreakinLobster

FreakinLobster
Nekk-ra wrote:I wasn't thinking Fantasy Nordic when I saw him, though the historical Vikings did have trade routes that extended out pretty far. I was thinking more along the lines of a denizen of one of the realms of the Conan mythos.

I was writing exactly that, a Conan-esque figure... before my browser crashed.
I never PO'd something so fast. Now I'm puzzled by the OSK price on this figure. They're asking for 219usd, while on KGHobby, it's ~160usd. There's the shipping cost to be added on KGH, still it's good to analize the options.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
This is really nice, although my current financial situation is very sadly going to exclude me from buying any full sets like this for the forseeable.

I'm also thinking it's more in the Robert E. Howard area than anything Scandanavian.

Still wondering how exactly TBL are doing the body tattoos on some of their new figures, and how long before they start to crack or look worn/shoddy.

JohnByng


Stryker2011 wrote:
JohnByng wrote:In the last image what is the thing with the spikes next to the helmet? Is it another helmet? I don't see it mentioned in the packing list.

It’s one of the shoulder pieces, like the one with the skull design.

While I’m glad it doesn’t look like Arnold, (or Chris Hemsworth) the head is a baffling to me. We clearly have a fantasy Viking/Nordic figure, what’s with the Asian head sculpt? Is their evidence of a lot of Asians in Ancient Scandinavian regions? I would have preferred something with brown, red, or blonde hair and a more European face... just saying. I guess that could be easily rectified with all the available head sculpts out there — everything but the hair and tattoos, that is.


Thanks!

navetsea


the armor looks like those undeads in Skyrim catacombs, the head is totally Donnie Yen though looks so funny with the buff body and the nord barbarian inspired armor

csyeung

csyeung
Ah, like Stryker, I was thinking Viking/nordics as well when I first saw this so the asian sculpt didnt work for me. Still the costume is really nice and can be remedied easily with an alternate sculpt.

JohnByng


From what I remember of Conan he was from a place which resembled Mongolia (sort of) so this kind of sculpt is fine with me.

I think the helmet is giving you a false sense of the Viking. I believe the horned Viking helmet is a myth (presumably from Hollywood) but am happy to be corrected on that. The amount of bare flesh suggests somewhere less frigid than Scandinavia!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Conan is supposed to be a Cimmerian (albeit overly fictionalized), which would place him in Eastern Europe and the westernmost portions of Asia. The horned helmets are primarily associated with Norse religion, though actual artificial horn-like protrusions are found among the Celts, and real horned helmets were apparently in use among the Bronze-Age "Mycenaean" Greeks and "Sea Peoples."

I love the figure/set, both in itself and for its kitbashing potential, and not least because it doesn't butcher something that really existed.


_________________
I'll be back!
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

JohnByng


Cimmerian? A good idea to go for a civilization that nobody knows anything about, but they must have been unique in their part of the world for their love of fur clothing!

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
I'm really liking his helmet so I'll try to pick it up loose.


_________________
tbleague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Barbarian Soul Action figure #PL2020-167 2v2J6CKfFxAChVkHosted on Fotki

JohnByng


BAD WOLF-787 wrote:I'm really liking his helmet so I'll try to pick it up loose.

Yes, it has a Death Dealer vibe.

FreakinLobster

FreakinLobster
Posing this Barbarian alongside with Arhian in an epic battle against Death Dealer, or him as a Death Dealer minion against Arhian, will be pretty interesting... and frustrating, cuz my Death Dealer has a big problem with stability. His feet are huge but loose, so I gotta keep him always leaning against a surface.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
JohnByng wrote:Cimmerian? A good idea to go for a civilization that nobody knows anything about, but they must have been unique in their part of the world for their love of fur clothing!

LOL, yes, when I first found out, it was verbally, and I thought they said "Sumerian" (thanks to the pernicious English mispronunciation of the letter "C," which is itself an Etruscan abomination), and wondered how on earth the inventors of civilization could be considered barbarians. When I understood they meant "Cimmerian" it made a lot more sense, and, as you say, not least because of how little we know of those guys. I'd assume a Scythian-Sarmatian sort of lifestyle and dress, but probably with as much cloth as fur (and that last primarily in winter).


_________________
I'll be back!
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Cheesy, but in a fun way! Agree that it has that pulpy, Frank Frazetta-esquire vibe. Not anything I would pick up myself, but I’m sure others here will enjoy this. :’)


_________________
"The happy ending of the fairy tale, the myth, and the divine comedy of the soul, is to be read,
not as a contradiction, but as a transcendence of the universal tragedy of man."

Focusing on the Prequels, Clone Wars, and Original Trilogy eras (NO 'sequels', thanks!)

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Don’t read too much into the name Cimmerian. Howard wasn’t exactly going by history, but rather took the name, and even altered existing names of countries, to make his Hyborean Age. Cimmerians in his books were based on the Celts (specifically the Dark Age Gaels), and bare little to no resemblance to the historical Cimmerians (Indo-Europeans). Even his map of the Hyborean Age, which is strikingly similar to the European mainland, where Cimmeria is located in the upper north western region of the continent (which puts it closer to the Scandinavian countries of today, rather than the Eastern countries of the Russian steppes).


_________________
Mark

He who dies with the most toys wins!

tbleague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Barbarian Soul Action figure #PL2020-167 Bnp4ba10
Credit to greygoose for the signature card

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Interesting. The Cimmerians were Indo-Europeans, but in Eastern Europe and Western Asia. There was a now abandoned fanciful notion that their name has something to do with the Cymry, i.e., the Celts of Wales and western Britain. Howard's Conan has a Celtic name (also Cynan, etc.). On the other hand, his sky god bears a resemblance to the deification of heaven among Turkic nomads (Tengri) and the settled Chinese (Tian) alike. But the name Crom is said to derive from that of the Bulgar king Krum (also reference by Harry Potter's Viktor Krum). So it's very much a mish-mash... and, of course, fantasy.


_________________
I'll be back!
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

AerynDiana

AerynDiana
I'm impressed by how much history you know. Very interesting.
Now back to my level: Anybody else seeing The Rock in that face? Smile

JohnByng


AerynDiana wrote:I'm impressed by how much history you know. Very interesting.
Now back to my level: Anybody else seeing The Rock in that face? Smile

No! Smile

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
GubernatorFan wrote:Interesting. The Cimmerians were Indo-Europeans, but in Eastern Europe and Western Asia. There was a now abandoned fanciful notion that their name has something to do with the Cymry, i.e., the Celts of Wales and western Britain. Howard's Conan has a Celtic name (also Cynan, etc.). On the other hand, his sky god bears a resemblance to the deification of heaven among Turkic nomads (Tengri) and the settled Chinese (Tian) alike. But the name Crom is said to derive from that of the Bulgar king Krum (also reference by Harry Potter's Viktor Krum). So it's very much a mish-mash... and, of course, fantasy.

Another little tidbit from Howard’s universe: Cimmerians are supposed to be the descendants of Atlantis — which reverted back to a state of near Neanderthal-like savages after the continent/island was consumed, then evolved into the Cimmerians.


_________________
Mark

He who dies with the most toys wins!

tbleague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Barbarian Soul Action figure #PL2020-167 Bnp4ba10
Credit to greygoose for the signature card

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
AerynDiana wrote:I'm impressed by how much history you know. Very interesting.
Now back to my level: Anybody else seeing The Rock in that face? Smile

No. Like others, I see more Donnie Yen than anyone.


_________________
Mark

He who dies with the most toys wins!

tbleague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Barbarian Soul Action figure #PL2020-167 Bnp4ba10
Credit to greygoose for the signature card

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
AerynDiana wrote:Anybody else seeing The Rock in that face? Smile

Maybe a little bit, but if so they tried to disguise his features with the shapes of the eyes and eyebrows.

Stryker2011 wrote:Another little tidbit from Howard’s universe: Cimmerians are supposed to be the descendants of Atlantis — which reverted back to a state of near Neanderthal-like savages after the continent/island was consumed, then evolved into the Cimmerians.

Certainly no more far-fetched than the plot of Stargate-Atlantis! Smile It would explain why Conan has an Atlantean sword -- which he found in a tomb...


_________________
I'll be back!
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

shazzdan

shazzdan
Some of the accessories are cool. Needs a Jason Momoa headsculpt.


_________________
More of my work can be found at One Sixth Arsenal
https://www.etsy.com/au/shop/OneSixthArsenal

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
There are a few of those around now.


_________________
I'll be back!
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
shazzdan wrote:Some of the accessories are cool. Needs a Jason Momoa headsculpt.

Now that is a great idea. May have to steal that one my friend.

JohnByng


With his helmet on I think the HS looks very good.

shazzdan

shazzdan
actionfiguremovies2 wrote:
shazzdan wrote:Some of the accessories are cool. Needs a Jason Momoa headsculpt.

Now that is a great idea. May have to steal that one my friend.

tbleague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Barbarian Soul Action figure #PL2020-167 Jason-Momoa


_________________
More of my work can be found at One Sixth Arsenal
https://www.etsy.com/au/shop/OneSixthArsenal

agentghost

agentghost
AerynDiana wrote:I'm impressed by how much history you know. Very interesting.
Now back to my level: Anybody else seeing The Rock in that face? Smile

its Donnie Yen's face.. hence the complaint and speculation of "Why an Asian head on a Barbarian body"? Surprised

Nekk-ra


This one is being parted out on Evil-bay now, so if you are looking forward to this figure or kit-bashing material, it's on its way.

Valiarde

Valiarde
Nekk-ra wrote:This one is being parted out on Evil-bay now, so if you are looking forward to this figure or kit-bashing material, it's on its way.

Yesh, got my hands on the helmet.

Somehow I wassurpsrised this one comes with a seamless body, because of that CMToys Barbarian, but then I remembered that this one is TBLeague after all...

It is interesting that CMToys (which is Coomodel) uses Plastic bodies but often diecast metal armor parts and TBleague uses its cool seamless bodies but plastic armor. I'm a fan of diecast metal stuff, even if I know, some of it is far too heavy and makes posing harder. Razz


_________________
The knight is darkest just before the dawn.

FreakinLobster

FreakinLobster
Oh boy, another released figure stuck on KGH for lack of shipping method to my country.

Each day I learn to love this pandemic more and more. Mad

agentghost

agentghost
FreakinLobster wrote:Oh boy, another released figure stuck on KGH for lack of shipping method to my country.

Each day I learn to love this pandemic more and more. Mad

which country is that? Don't you have other seller to buy from, besides KGH?

FreakinLobster

FreakinLobster
agentghost wrote:
FreakinLobster wrote:Oh boy, another released figure stuck on KGH for lack of shipping method to my country.

Each day I learn to love this pandemic more and more. Mad

which country is that?  Don't you have other seller to buy from, besides KGH?

I live in Brazil. At the time I PO'd this figure, I was hoping the KGH's shipping situation would be normalized before the release, since some stores like GianToy and OSK were shipping. They offered another shipping method, by DHL, but it was too expensive.

Ovy

Ovy
We have to talk about these tiny skulls on his belt. Is he some kind of Gnome Killer?

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Ovy wrote:We have to talk about these tiny skulls on his belt. Is he some kind of Gnome Killer?

Worse yet... children...?


_________________
Mark

He who dies with the most toys wins!

tbleague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Barbarian Soul Action figure #PL2020-167 Bnp4ba10
Credit to greygoose for the signature card

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
LOL, maybe it was an attempt at shrunken heads, only they didn't realize that usually the skull is removed prior sthrinking.....

Or, he's a Jotun, and he's just killing regular-sized dudes. ;p


_________________
"The happy ending of the fairy tale, the myth, and the divine comedy of the soul, is to be read,
not as a contradiction, but as a transcendence of the universal tragedy of man."

Focusing on the Prequels, Clone Wars, and Original Trilogy eras (NO 'sequels', thanks!)

FreakinLobster

FreakinLobster
Smurf slayer!

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum