OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS ANAKIN SKYWALKER AND STAP 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE SET

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
During the assault of B’omarr™ Monastery, Anakin Skywalker™ begins the difficult ascent up the sheer cliff with battle droids firing down on him, and droid-piloted STAP™'s racing into combat, laser cannons blasting. Casualties are mounting, so Anakin makes a daring move. He leaps into the air to take command of a STAP and disposes of battle droids with his lightsaber, clearing a path to the summit.

Today Hot Toys is very excited to recreate the exciting scene with the highly anticipated 1/6th scale Anakin Skywalker and STAP collectible set from Star Wars: The Clone Wars™!

The highly-detailed collectible figure is specially crafted based on the debut appearance of Anakin Skywalker in Star Wars: The Clone Wars animation series, featuring a skillfully crafted head sculpt, meticulously tailored costume and a set of beautifully designed armor guards for alternative styles. His signature LED light-up lightsaber, a number of interchangeable hands, a thermal detonator, a hologram projector and several hologram figures representing Ahsoka Tano™, Yoda™, and Obi Wan Kenobi™ round out the set so you can take on the droid armies.

Embodying extraordinary workmanship and remarkable high quality details, the 1/6th scale STAP measuring at approximately 32cm in height, features phenomenal paint application on the precise mechanical design with specially applied weathering effects, drive turbines with LED light-up function, articulated grip, foot pedals, steering vane, and a specially designed figure stand.

A Special Edition available in select markets will include a grey colored poncho with weathering effects as bonus item exclusively for collectors.

Don’t pass up on the chance to add the new Anakin Skywalker and STAP collectible set to your Star Wars collection.

SPECIFICATIONS

PRODUCT CODETMS020
PRODUCT NAMEANAKIN SKYWALKER AND STAP
HEIGHTBODY WITH OVER 30 POINTS OF ARTICULATIONS
POINTS OF ARTICULATIONS31
SPECIAL FEATURESHIGHLY-ACCURATE PAINT APPLICATION WITH BLUE, WHITE AND GREY COLOR ON THE MECHANICAL DESIGN WITH SPECIALLY APPLIED WEATHERING EFFECTS
ARTISTSHEAD SCULPTED BY SO YOUNG JANG
HEAD PAINTED BY JC. HONG
HEAD ART DIRECTED BY JC. HONG

The 1/6th scale Anakin Skywalker Collectible Figure specially features:

- Authentic and detailed likeness of Anakin Skywalker in Star Wars: The Clone Wars
- Newly painted head sculpt with face scar, highly-accurate facial expression, and detailed skin texture
- Newly sculpted medium length hair sculpture
- Body with over 30 points of articulations
- Approximately 31 cm tall
- Eight (Cool pieces of interchangeable hands including:
- One (1) pair of lightsabers holding hands
- One (1) pair of the Force-using hands
- One (1) pair of grip holding hands
- One (1) gesture right hand
- One (1) relaxed left hand
- Each piece of head sculpt is specially hand-painted

Costume :
- One (1) grey colored chest guard
- One (1) pair of grey colored shoulder guards
- One (1) navy colored tunic
- One (1) burgundy colored under-tunic
- One (1) pair of burgundy-colored pants
- One (1) dark brown-colored leather-like belt
- One (1) pair of dark brown-colored leather-like textured boots
- One (1) interchangeable iron black colored chest guard with dark brown colored cape
- One (1) pair of interchangeable iron black colored shoulder guards

Weapons:
- One (1) LED-lighted blue lightsaber (blue light, battery operated)
- One (1) blue lightsaber blade in motion (attachable to the hilt)
- One (1) lightsaber hilt

Accessories:
- One (1) hologram figure of Ahsoka Tano
- One (1) hologram figure of Yoda
- One (1) hologram figure of Obiwan Kenobi
- One (1) holoprojector
- One (1) thermal detonator
- Specially designed figure stand and with character nameplate and Star Wars logo

Artists:
- Head Sculpted by So Young Jang
- Head Painted by JC. Hong
- Head Art Directed by JC. Hong

The 1/6th scale STAP Collectible Vehicle specially features:
- Authentic and detailed STAP vehicle design in Star Wars: The Clone Wars
- Highly-accurate paint application with blue, white and grey color on the mechanical design with specially applied weathering effects
- Approximately 16cm L x 22.5cm W x 32cm H
- Drive turbines with LED light-up function (battery operated)
- Articulated design on grip, control platform, and foot locks

Accessory:
- Specially designed dynamic figure stand

Artist:
- Painted by Lok Ho

Exclusive Bonus Accessory for Special Edition:
- One (1) grey colored poncho with weathering effects

Release date: Approximately Q1 – Q2, 2022

**Prototype shown, final product may be slightly different
**Battery included for collectible figure, button cells are required
**Battery included for collectible vehicle, button cells are required
**Product details are subject to change without further notice

© & TM Lucasfilm Ltd.
© 2020 Hot Toys Limited. All Rights Reserved.

starwars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS ANAKIN SKYWALKER AND STAP 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE SET 11297
starwars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS ANAKIN SKYWALKER AND STAP 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE SET 2596
starwars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS ANAKIN SKYWALKER AND STAP 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE SET 3404
starwars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS ANAKIN SKYWALKER AND STAP 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE SET 4375
starwars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS ANAKIN SKYWALKER AND STAP 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE SET 5359
starwars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS ANAKIN SKYWALKER AND STAP 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE SET 6343
starwars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS ANAKIN SKYWALKER AND STAP 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE SET 7333
starwars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS ANAKIN SKYWALKER AND STAP 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE SET 8316
starwars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS ANAKIN SKYWALKER AND STAP 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE SET 9301
starwars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS ANAKIN SKYWALKER AND STAP 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE SET 10283
starwars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS ANAKIN SKYWALKER AND STAP 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE SET 11298
starwars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS ANAKIN SKYWALKER AND STAP 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE SET 12250
starwars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS ANAKIN SKYWALKER AND STAP 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE SET 13235
starwars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS ANAKIN SKYWALKER AND STAP 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE SET 14215
starwars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS ANAKIN SKYWALKER AND STAP 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE SET 15198
starwars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS ANAKIN SKYWALKER AND STAP 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE SET 16186
starwars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS ANAKIN SKYWALKER AND STAP 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE SET 17177
starwars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS ANAKIN SKYWALKER AND STAP 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE SET 18165
starwars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS ANAKIN SKYWALKER AND STAP 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE SET 19150
starwars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS ANAKIN SKYWALKER AND STAP 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE SET 20122

#newproduct #HotToys #StarWars #CloneWars #AnakinSkywalker #STAP #Sci-Fi #male #movie

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Well, gee, they finally made him.... after I already made my own version. Look like they will do the TCW Obi-wan, too — at least I didn’t try to kitbash that one yet! Razz
No doubt Ahsoka is forthcoming as well. I’ve been working on four different versions of her for the last two years. It’s hard not to feel deflated that HT is beating me to all these first.

On one hand, I’m glad they are doing these earlier TCW figures, as the Sideshow versions are long gone and overpriced on eBay. But on the other .... I admit I’m kinda bummed that I didn’t get to finish my custom TCW line up yet. :/

I’m torn over whether to get this one , since I already have my own custom version. But I’m thinking at the very least I’d like the portrait/headsculpt for potential customising purposes...

ETA: regarding the figure itself, I’ll list what I like about it, and what I’m not as keen on:

Like:

- the fact that this is early TCW Anakin — I heart ‘Skyguy’!

- the fact that the under tunic and trousers are burgundy/red ( the original Sideshow version is a blah brown colour)

- the boots look pretty accurate

- the fact he’s got the 2d animated style cloak is weird but cool effect

Don’t like:

- portrait looks very similar to RotS one , just with shorter hair . Would have been nice if likeness had been improved. Also wish they’d given him a more smirky grin .... an expression face would have been welcome for — and more in keeping with — this version of the character.

- the chest and shoulder armour is weird . I’m not sure I like the interpretation. Prefer the Sideshow version for that part

- same with the left gauntlet ... looks odd compared to SS one

- the blue tunic interpretation is super ugly . It should be more of a faux leather like on the SS figure. The pleating is especially distracting.

- I have zero use for that speeder thing. It’s too specific to just this one scene — not worth the extra price it will put on this for me

Overall it’s cool they are doing these, but I’m not totally blown away by this interpretation (thought I could be biased lol). Will prob get some parts though ! Actually rather looking forward to the Obi-Wan, since I want that version of him pretty badly and hadn’t started collecting parts for it...

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I wouldn't give up on your customs, S. Don't feel deflated at all. Often, I find it more satisfying to have something I made, then something someone else made -- especially, when HT was lazy enough to use the EXACT SAME PORTRAITS for this (and the possible forthcoming Obi-Wan) -- just with different hair. Buy some loose parts if you feel it necessary, but I would still finish your customs. Your custom Anakin and Padme are stellar examples of someone putting LOVE into a project, rather than thinking "how much money can I gouge someone for this cobbled together piece I have ZERO actual interest in?"

He who dies with the most toys wins!

starwars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS ANAKIN SKYWALKER AND STAP 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE SET C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Hmm, don't know about this one, in part because I'm not familiar with the source material. The likeness seems great from certain angles and uncanny valley from others. I'm glad to see I wasn't the only one to think the shoulder armor looked odd. That said, I'm glad they are expanding their coverage, and I think their choice of this large but still manageable accessory for inclusion is a good one. Then again, I'd shudder at the thought of the price. Sky, I don't think you need to give up on your custom -- having seen your customs, it would be an improvement, and this set might give you the odd piece or three to integrate into your version.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Thanks, guys. I love you Appreciate the kind words and encouragement -- I do probably get a little too easily discouraged sometimes. Probably because this year has been rough in so many ways and it's been hard enough to find the energy to work on things. Our finances have taken some pretty big hits as well recently, so pre-ordering HT stuff is not exactly high on my priority list these days, especially not when I've already put so much time and resources into customs. :/

Stryker -- you're right, it does seem extremely lazy that the headsculpt is basically just the RotS one with some slight alterations. They didn't even change the hair that much... just looks like they chopped a bit off the back and that's about it. They could have at least given him a slightly less angry expression -- he's literally showing off and having fun in this scene. Ah well.... 

GF -- I'm not sure what is up with the headsculpt or whether it will end up a bit differently in-hand, it could just be the lighting here. Though imo the way they interpreted the animated hairstyle here leaves a lot to be desired, and probably doesn't help the likeness issue much. 

Here's some of the preview pics off the Sideshow site: 

starwars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS ANAKIN SKYWALKER AND STAP 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE SET 1125x682_previewbanner_906712_Anakin

The sculpt looks a bit better here. But still, the expression seems pretty close to the previous Anakin sculpt... so, we'll see. 

The closer look confirms that the blue overtunic does indeed look atrocious... so wrinkly! Why the heck did they make it in such wrinkly material? I get they wanted to make it 'dynamic' with wire inside, but it just looks bad imo. 

The armor looks a bit better in this pic, but still something seems off. Maybe it's the clothing being so poorly tailored on the body that it's sitting funny on top of it of it all. Idk...

Here's the General Kenobi preview: 

starwars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS ANAKIN SKYWALKER AND STAP 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE SET 1125x682_previewbanner_906713_ObiWan-1

This one looks pretty good, but again... seems like they once again reused the same RotS head. 

There's definitely some parts on the Anakin I'll want to pick up loose, but I'm not currently convinced it would be worth getting the whole set. I'm leaning toward getting the Obi-Wan since, much like the Captain Rex, the old Sideshow fig is impossible to find now, but I will have to wait and see more promo pics....

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Well, these are prototypes. Although the usual point we make is that the final "mass"-produced product often falls a bit short of the fine prototype sculpt or paint, there are also plenty of instances where they do improve on imperfections or shortcuts in the prototypes. That said, HT has occasionally made recourse to unnecessarily wrinkly cloth.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
True, of course. I’m thinking of the Bespin Leia, with the wire inside ironically making the garment sit unnaturally (albeit helped with some futzing).

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I would also add, that as of late, they haven’t gone back and tweaked any sculpts. They’ve gotten very lazy in the last year or so.

starwars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS ANAKIN SKYWALKER AND STAP 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE SET C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Stryker2011 wrote:I would also add, that as of late, they haven’t gone back and tweaked any sculpts. They’ve gotten very lazy in the last year or so.

So it seems. I'd definitely be much more enthusiastic about dropping the $$$ on this if the sculpt were at least a bit more unique. 

As for the outfit/armour, I looked at a few of the pics more closely:

starwars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS ANAKIN SKYWALKER AND STAP 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE SET Anakin-skywalker_star-wars_gallery_5f19fc15b9c8d

From this and other promo pics, I can see now what they are doing with the armour on this one -- it looks like it actually 'moves' with the figure! If so, I have to admit that is a pretty awesome innovation, and is in fact very accurate to the animation. The chest armour in the show sort of 'expands' and 'contracts' with his movement, and the one drawback of the Sideshow armour is that it is static and thus limits articulation. So, while I still prefer the Sideshow armour aesthetically, this one seems to win when it comes to functionality. I'm actually rather impressed they made this version of it adjustable, as it will hopefully help a great deal with the overall poseability of the figure.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
This might convince you, Sky, that you're custom is more the way to go:

$385 USD (for either version according to Sideshow, which is probably a typo on their part)

According to Timewalker:

Standard edition = $260 ($252 PO price)
with STAP = $385 ($374 PO price)

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
HT prices are always ridiculous, but the price for the vehicle version is nuts! :O

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
In the end, I didn't pre-order this version with the vehicle, but thankfully they offered one with just the figure on its own which was much more affordable. However, I got a notice today saying that this figure is delayed, and they even gave me an option to cancel it. I decided to keep the order, since I figured I've waited this long already.

Just wanted to mention it, in case anyone was also waiting for this one.

ETA: edited for clarity

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I just saw pics of the production figure. Looks pretty good. Haven’t seen the Stap yet. I’m starting to look at this more and more (even though I haven’t seen the show) for the vehicle and everything else. I would just remove the head and use it for my Darth/Han Stryker universe. Tempting…

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I'm definitely looking forward to this one. I'm hoping to keep it as-is, and then pick up a few extra parts to improve that kitbashed version I started a couple years ago.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Just got a notice that this one will be shipping soon. Smile

Valiarde

Valiarde
skywalkersaga wrote:Just got a notice that this one will be shipping soon. Smile

cheers congrats hope ypu will be satisfied sky

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
It’s been on imminent arrival at Timewalker for a week or so, but no telling when Sideshow will get this out to other retailers since they like to hold out as long as possible in the hopes people will get impatient, cancel their orders, and order from them for their grossly overcharged shipping. Man, I hope the ahole that runs that company dies in a car fire. Sideshow should never have been allowed to be both distributor and retailer; their business practices are absolute crap — they limit stock of not just Hot Toys but anything they are tied to to take the majority of sales.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I agree, Sideshow sucks. I did order this one from them, unfortunately, but I won't be ordering any more from them in future. For any future HT products, I'm going to switch back to the UK dealer I used to go through, now that he's changed the payment methods he accepts back to something I can actually do.

ETA: and thanks, Valiarde. Looking forward to him. Very Happy

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Mine arrived yesterday! A couple days earlier than I was expecting, which was a nice surprise. I was too busy to even open the (somewhat beaten-up) brown shipper until right before I went to bed, thankfully the actual art box inside seems to be in pristine condition.  

There were multiple versions of this figure, one with the stahp (which was too expensive for me, as much as I'd have liked it), one of the figure on its own, and then a Sideshow Exclusive version that came with a poncho. The Sideshow Exclusive is the one I got:

https://www.sideshow.com/collectibles/star-wars-anakin-skywalker-hot-toys-906712?var=9067121

I'm not sure when I'll have a chance to unbox him properly, but of course I'll share pics once I do. My intention is to get some parted-out accessories from this figure to finish off my own custom version from three years ago, and then to take pics of them both. But it might be while yet before I can get my hands on those extra pieces, so we'll see.

I've also not done any photoshoots of my Captain Rex and Commander Cody yet, so that's something I have to get on as well. ;p

Diana

Diana
Ooh! Exciting! I am looking forward to any and all pictures you'll have to share. Smile

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I ordered the one with the STAP, but I have to wait u til it gets to my preferred retailer. Sky, if you want another Anakin head let me know (I can send it along with the custom Ahsoka stuff).

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Stryker2011 wrote:I ordered the one with the STAP, but I have to wait u til it gets to my preferred retailer. Sky, if you want another Anakin head let me know (I can send it along with the custom Ahsoka stuff).

How can I say no to that?!! Shocked (Very kind of you to offer!)

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
No worries, S. Always happy to help. Very Happy

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Stryker2011 wrote:No worries, S. Always happy to help. Very Happy

Thanks, friend. I love you

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Received mine today. The STAP is pretty cool; it feels rather fragile, but so far has held up okay, despite me messing with it trying to get a suitable pose out of the figure on it. Try as I might, I could not get it to do some of the cooler looking poses as seen in the promo shots (where he's sort of hanging off the side by one arm and leg).

Anyway, here's my quick shot of the new vehicle added to the Strykerverse.

starwars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS ANAKIN SKYWALKER AND STAP 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE SET _dsc3739

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum