OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: DEADPOOL 2 CABLE 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
“Your time’s up…” - Cable

Making his film debut in Deadpool 2, Cable is a time-traveling soldier from the future with a tragic past. Uses his formidable telekinetic abilities and cybernetic enhancements, Cable decided to take ravage on Firefist hoping to prevent the murder of his wife and daughter. Today, Hot Toys is excited to unveil the 1/6th scale Cable collectible figure inspired by the sequel to the fan-favorite Deadpool!

The highly-accurate figure is specially crafted based on the appearance of Josh Brolin as Cable in Deadpool 2, features a newly developed head sculpt with battle scars and LED light-up function on left eye; accurate silver grey colored hair sculpture; a completely newly designed body and highly-detailed bionic arm, carefully painted in multiple shades of metallic colors; skillfully tailored military outfit with heavy weathering effect; a number of matching interchangeable gloved hands and mechanical hands; an array of extensive weapons and accessories including Cable’s signature heavy machine gun, a grenade launcher, a pistol, a dagger, a bomb, a time travelling device, multiple numbers of removable bullets and firearm magazines, an iconic teddy bear doll with significant burnt marks; and a collectible figure base.

Moreover, the Special Edition available in selected markets will include a Psionic Shield as bonus item exclusively for collectors.

Make space for the heavily armed Uncle from the future!
SPECIFICATIONS
PRODUCT CODEMMS583
PRODUCT NAMECABLE
HEIGHTAPPROXIMATELY 30 CM TALL
POINTS OF ARTICULATIONS30
SPECIAL FEATURESNEWLY DEVELOPED HEAD SCULPT WITH LED LIGHT-UP FUNCTION ON LEFT EYE
ARTISTSHEAD SCULPTED BY GOX
HEAD PAINTED BY JC. HONG
HEAD ART DIRECTED BY JC. HONG

The 1/6th scale Cable Collectible Figure specially features:

- Authentic and detailed likeness of Cable/ Nathan Summers in Deadpool 2
- Newly developed head sculpt with LED light-up function on left eye (battery operated)
- Movie-accurate facial expression with detailed wrinkles, skin texture, and battle scars
- Short hair sculpture with silver grey colored hair
- Newly designed specialized body with over 30 points of articulation
- Approximately 30 cm tall
- Highly-accurate bionic arm with mechanical details, skillfully painted with metallic silver color
- Movie-accurate body proportion
- Eight (Cool pieces of interchangeable hands including:
- One (1) pair of fists
- One (1) pair weapon holding hands
- Three (3) relax hands
- One (1) heavy machine gun holding left hand
- Each piece of head sculpt is specially hand-painted

Costume :
- One (1) dark green colored poncho
- One (1) burgundy colored shirt
- One (1) black colored tactical vest with grenade and rifle pouches
- One (1) pair of dark green colored tactical pants
- One (1) tactical belt with pouch and gun holsters
- One (1) pair of black-colored boots

Weapons:
- One (1) heavy machine gun
- One (1) grenade launcher
- One (1) pistol
- One (1) dagger
- One (1) bomb

Accessories:
- One (1) time travelling device
- Three (3) grenades bullets
- Three (3) machine gun magazines
- Two (2) pistol magazines
- One (1) dirty teddy bear doll with burnt marks (attachable to utility belt)
- A specially designed Deadpool 2 figure stand with character nameplate and movie logo

Exclusive Bonus Accessory for Special Edition:
- One (1) translucent yellow colored psionic shield

Artists:
- Head Sculpted by GOX
- Head Painted by JC. Hong
- Head Art Directed by JC. Hong

Release date: Approximately Q1 – Q2, 2022

** Prototype shown, final product may be slightly different
** Battery included for collectible figure, button cells are required
** Product details could be subjected to change without further notice

© Fox. TM & © 2020 Marvel.
© 2020 Hot Toys Limited. All Rights Reserved.

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: DEADPOOL 2 CABLE 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 11301
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: DEADPOOL 2 CABLE 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 2598
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: DEADPOOL 2 CABLE 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 3406
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: DEADPOOL 2 CABLE 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 4377
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: DEADPOOL 2 CABLE 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 5361
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: DEADPOOL 2 CABLE 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 6345
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: DEADPOOL 2 CABLE 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 7335
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: DEADPOOL 2 CABLE 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 8318
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: DEADPOOL 2 CABLE 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 9303
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: DEADPOOL 2 CABLE 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 10285
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: DEADPOOL 2 CABLE 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 11302
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: DEADPOOL 2 CABLE 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 12252
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: DEADPOOL 2 CABLE 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 13237
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: DEADPOOL 2 CABLE 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 14217
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: DEADPOOL 2 CABLE 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 15200
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: DEADPOOL 2 CABLE 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 16188
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: DEADPOOL 2 CABLE 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 17179
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: DEADPOOL 2 CABLE 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 18167
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: DEADPOOL 2 CABLE 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 19152
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: DEADPOOL 2 CABLE 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 20124
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: DEADPOOL 2 CABLE 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 21156
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: DEADPOOL 2 CABLE 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 22137

#newproduct #HotToys #Deadpool2 #Cable #male #comicbook #Marvel #movie

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Looks like a gorgeous set. It was about time they did this, and someone already beat them to it. As it is, I have no reason to pick it up, and my wallet is breathing a huge sigh of relief.

csyeung

csyeung
GubernatorFan wrote:Looks like a gorgeous set. It was about time they did this, and someone already beat them to it. As it is, I have no reason to pick it up, and my wallet is breathing a huge sigh of relief.

I'm with you on this. Looks great though.

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Great looking figure, I would love to pick up a couple of those heavy machine guns loose some day.

jaztermareal

jaztermareal
Fantastic looking figure, great headsculpt etc but just not a figure I need. I am sure that those who own the Toys Era one will likely skip it as not a huge upgrade. I do LOVE that psionic shield though. I needs it. My precioussss......

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Yep. I have the Toys Era, and this will be just too expensive to justify the upgrade just for a slightly better head sculpt.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: DEADPOOL 2 CABLE 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE C8485110

ukshaun

ukshaun
When the images of the prototype were 1st revealed, i thought Cable looked decent enough. Part of me felt he should have looked older.

Over the past week, after a long long wait, production pictures have been revealed. While the figure looks decent enough, the portrait appears to have taken a slight hit.

Today i decided to cancel my pre_order. If the price of Cable crashes over the coming months, then i might be tempted to pick one up. Given the premium price Hot Toys figures cost, i expect more than Hot Toys have offered on this occasion.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Yeah, I’ve seen a LOT of complaints about the downgrade over at the Freaks. You’re not the only one canceling. Seems HT has decided to rest on its laurels, and perhaps it won’t be long before they fall from the top slot for constantly cutting corners and not delivering what they used to be able to do.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: DEADPOOL 2 CABLE 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE C8485110

ukshaun

ukshaun
Stryker2011 wrote:Yeah, I’ve seen a LOT of complaints about the downgrade over at the Freaks. You’re not the only one canceling. Seems HT has decided to rest on its laurels, and perhaps it won’t be long before they fall from the top slot for constantly cutting corners and not delivering what they used to be able to do.

For the moment i do not think Hot Toys have much to fear, even from the likes of InArt
When you look at Hot Toys history, while they have delivered many great figures, there have been a number of dud's which some fans were happy with. Black Widow is a very good example of how many times Hot Toys got it very wrong.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
ukshaun wrote:
Stryker2011 wrote:Yeah, I’ve seen a LOT of complaints about the downgrade over at the Freaks. You’re not the only one canceling. Seems HT has decided to rest on its laurels, and perhaps it won’t be long before they fall from the top slot for constantly cutting corners and not delivering what they used to be able to do.

For the moment i do not think Hot Toys have much to fear, even from the likes of InArt
When you look at Hot Toys history, while they have delivered many great figures, there have been a number of dud's which some fans were happy with. Black Widow is a very good example of how many times Hot Toys got it very wrong.

The calculation isn't whether InArt etc can take away actual sales from HT within some fixed market, where the same absolute number of figures are going to get bought each year, no matter what. The real threat to HT is the market shrinking, or customer interest slowing down somewhat. So a "dud," if the observed deterioration of the Cable sculpt is one, depresses overall interest.

I think HT must be hurting a bit right now. Their top end super-rich customers are still buying everything, but the post-Covid price spike has made the rest of us in the middle more cautious and discretionary. In the last couple of years there hasn't been any blockbuster movie to really give HT a boost. In response, to make up the numbers, HT way overextended, I think, on quirky figures, like Marvel alternate-world versions from single episodes of a TV Series, or HT's own weird take on something like the Iron Man Origins series. On the Star Wars side, they're reaching deep into the TV series, and some of those are probably selling OK, but on neither the Marvel side nor the SW side can HT possibly be seeing anything like the sales numbers that they used to on Iron Man or core SW figures. So any sales they lose to InArt or someone else, or from Cable being thought a "dud," are losses from a shrinking market anyway. HT should be paying attention. IMHO they need some course correcting.

ukshaun

ukshaun
Moonbase Alpha Male wrote:
ukshaun wrote:

The calculation isn't whether InArt etc can take away actual sales from HT within some fixed market, where the same absolute number of figures are going to get bought each year, no matter what.  The real threat to HT is the market shrinking, or customer interest slowing down somewhat.  So a "dud," if the observed deterioration of the Cable sculpt is one, depresses overall interest.  

I think HT must be hurting a bit right now.  Their top end super-rich customers are still buying everything, but the post-Covid price spike has made the rest of us in the middle more cautious and discretionary.  In the last couple of years there hasn't been any blockbuster movie to really give HT a boost.  In response, to make up the numbers, HT way overextended, I think, on quirky figures, like Marvel alternate-world versions from single episodes of a TV Series, or HT's own weird take on something like the Iron Man Origins series.  On the Star Wars side, they're reaching deep into the TV series, and some of those are probably selling OK, but on neither the Marvel side nor the SW side can HT possibly be seeing anything like the sales numbers that they used to on Iron Man or core SW figures.  So any sales they lose to InArt or someone else, or from Cable being thought a "dud," are losses from a shrinking market anyway.  HT should be paying attention.  IMHO they need some course correcting.

Star Wars and Marvel have been a safe bet for Hot Toys for a number of years.
I sense the Marvel side of things cooling off somewhat.
As you mention Covid has played it's part.
All this might point to Hot Toys and re_issues. Catwoman for example with a new base. This practice pleases those that missed out or are new to collecting, and infuriates some of those who own the original.
One area Hot Toys should focus on getting on top of, are the high wait times, some figures taking 2+ years to ship.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum