OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Aquaman Experiment

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1aquaman - Aquaman Experiment Empty Aquaman Experiment Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:11 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I was just goofing around a bit with the graphics software, using a couple of the photos I took for the clothing thread (HERE) that I couldn't use because they were taken against a green screen and I was blanking out on the editing.

aquaman - Aquaman Experiment Stbl5710

aquaman - Aquaman Experiment Stbl5810

What do you think?

#aquaman #superhero #arthurcurry #jasonmomoa #atlas #artfigures #tbleague #phicen #m33

2aquaman - Aquaman Experiment Empty Re: Aquaman Experiment Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:38 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Looks good, I hope his shoes are waterproof though. 😉

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! aquaman - Aquaman Experiment 1f60e

3aquaman - Aquaman Experiment Empty Re: Aquaman Experiment Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:13 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
How did he manage to keep his pants dry? Wink

Not bad. I like the first one the best, but the second works better with that hair.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

aquaman - Aquaman Experiment C8485110

4aquaman - Aquaman Experiment Empty Re: Aquaman Experiment Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:33 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Love those! That hair is specific, but fun. I can’t decide which pic is my fave, both make good use of the crazy hair. Very Happy

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

5aquaman - Aquaman Experiment Empty Re: Aquaman Experiment Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:42 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Theboo-bomb wrote:Looks good, I hope his shoes are waterproof though. 😉

Thank you. I hope so too. I'm a little hazy on the source material, but ArtFigures thought this look appropriate (plus greaves and arm guards, which I had not picked up).

Stryker2011 wrote:How did he manage to keep his pants dry? Wink Not bad. I like the first one the best, but the second works better with that hair.

Thanks. I'm assuming the pants aren't dry, but it all looks the same under water. Either that or some freaky Atlantean magic. Smile I think I know what you mean. But, yes, the hair is really meant for underwater current.

skywalkersaga wrote:Love those! That hair is specific, but fun. I can’t decide which pic is my fave, both make good use of the crazy hair. Very Happy

Thank you. Yep, the hair is overly specific for my taste, but the head sculpt is remarkably good and well done; I haven't had the heart to resort to surgery, besides I already have re-haired an HT head and picked up one or two of the haired alternatives.

6aquaman - Aquaman Experiment Empty Re: Aquaman Experiment Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:29 am

Ovy

Ovy
That M33 works really well with the clothing.

I think a blueish layer for the underwater pic would help sell the illusion more.Also the slightly green edges have a bit of a matrix vibe. And the shadow looks wrong. I think an underwater floating hair shot of your lamb haired Jason would look great, too!

7aquaman - Aquaman Experiment Empty Re: Aquaman Experiment Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:30 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Ovy wrote:That M33 works really well with the clothing.

I think a blueish layer for the underwater pic would help sell the illusion more.Also the slightly green edges have a bit of a matrix vibe. And the shadow looks wrong. I think an underwater floating hair shot of your lamb haired Jason would look great, too!

It does, doesn't it. But the bigger bodies won't fit at all. And this is as far as this plaid shirt would go (a perpetual taking off unbuttoned shirt look). I did cool the colors down a little bit for the underwater shot, but yes a translucent bluish screen may have helped. The slightly green edges are probably due to the green screen that was digitally removed. You have a good eye. My program can do drop shadow, but imagines the objects as two-dimensional, and even though I fiddled with the resulting shadow, it is a bit weird. It is possible the program has other capabilities, but I haven't discovered them yet.

8aquaman - Aquaman Experiment Empty Re: Aquaman Experiment Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:47 pm

Ephiane

Ephiane
Great Work on him. Looks very real. That´s a intresting HS and a 100% Skin tone match. Thanks for sharing

9aquaman - Aquaman Experiment Empty Re: Aquaman Experiment Sun Aug 16, 2020 12:54 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Ephiane wrote:Great Work on him. Looks very real. That´s a intresting HS and a 100% Skin tone match. Thanks for sharing

Thank you very much! I was also struck by the good match between the head sculpt and the TBLeague M33 body's suntan, especially because the head sculpt came from a set using a very different body from a different company.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum