OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: Executive Replicas & TBLeague: 1/6 Queen of Pin-Ups, Betty Page/Bettie Page V2 action figure

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
BettiePage V2 Queen of Pinups 1/6th Scale Action FigureBAR
CODE: 614614989011

Sensual, Sexy, Erotic, Sadistic, Play-mate, Uninhibited…These are just a few names to describe the Queen of the Pin-Ups…the one and only…Bettie Page.
Born April 22nd, 1923, Bettie didn't start her modeling career until 1951. With her striking looks and expressions, along with her full figured body, Bettie became known as the “Girl with the Perfect Figure'. Posing for more than 20,000 photo graphs, Bettie also was a Playboy centerfold as well as a pioneer in the fetish themed photo shoots.
With her departure from the pin-up world in the 1950's, Ms. Page vanished until 1900's when her images resurfaced and began selling to a new generation of collectors and fans.

Packing List:
① 1 x head sculpt
② 1 x TBLeague 1/6 female seamless body with metal skeleton
③ 3 pairs x interchangeable hands
④ 2 pairs x feet
⑤ 1 x one-piece swimsuit
⑥ 1 x dagger with sheath
⑦ 1 x base & holder

Bettie Page

Gender: Female Horoscope: Taurus Date of Birth and Death: 1923-04-22 to 2008-12-11
Place of birth: Nashville, Tennessee, USAProfession: ActorMore foreign names: Betty Mae Page (real name) / Girl with the Perfect Figure (nickname)

Born in Nashville, Tennessee in 1923. Betty started doing various modeling jobs when she was young, but she has not been appreciated by mainstream media.
In 1952, she started to shoot mail order photos. Many of her beauty photos during this period are SM themed.
Betty Page was the first restraint model, and she quickly became the hottest pinup girl in New York.
Betty also took off from time to time in the poster, and of course Hugh Hefner quickly caught up.
In January 1955, Betty boarded the extra large folding centerfold of "Playboy."

Betty Page is a southern beauty with jet-black hair and iconic bangs.
She showed the female body in a way that many people had never seen before. Those photos were controversial and Betty became popular.
Page has never shown direct sexual content in photos or movie scenes, at best nude photos.
Her provocative posture is very outstanding and attracts the public.
Betty Page has a great influence on the fashion industry and the modeling industry, and she is praised for it.
In the process of promoting the acceptance of popular culture, she played an important role.

Betty Page is dubbed the "Queen of Portraits" because she is widely known for her black lace suit.
She has a perverse temperament and a strange behavior. In the late 1950s, she was imprisoned in a mental hospital due to a mental breakdown attacking the landlord.
Betty was diagnosed with severe schizophrenia in 1992 and was released from the hospital.
She hired an asset manager and started to make money from her image.
Betty Page died of pneumonia in a hospital in Los Angeles in 2008 at the age of 85.

model - NEW PRODUCT: Executive Replicas & TBLeague: 1/6 Queen of Pin-Ups, Betty Page/Bettie Page V2 action figure 09484410
model - NEW PRODUCT: Executive Replicas & TBLeague: 1/6 Queen of Pin-Ups, Betty Page/Bettie Page V2 action figure 09484511
model - NEW PRODUCT: Executive Replicas & TBLeague: 1/6 Queen of Pin-Ups, Betty Page/Bettie Page V2 action figure 09484610

model - NEW PRODUCT: Executive Replicas & TBLeague: 1/6 Queen of Pin-Ups, Betty Page/Bettie Page V2 action figure 08342010
model - NEW PRODUCT: Executive Replicas & TBLeague: 1/6 Queen of Pin-Ups, Betty Page/Bettie Page V2 action figure 08342310
model - NEW PRODUCT: Executive Replicas & TBLeague: 1/6 Queen of Pin-Ups, Betty Page/Bettie Page V2 action figure 08342610
model - NEW PRODUCT: Executive Replicas & TBLeague: 1/6 Queen of Pin-Ups, Betty Page/Bettie Page V2 action figure 08342910
model - NEW PRODUCT: Executive Replicas & TBLeague: 1/6 Queen of Pin-Ups, Betty Page/Bettie Page V2 action figure 08343210
model - NEW PRODUCT: Executive Replicas & TBLeague: 1/6 Queen of Pin-Ups, Betty Page/Bettie Page V2 action figure 08343510
model - NEW PRODUCT: Executive Replicas & TBLeague: 1/6 Queen of Pin-Ups, Betty Page/Bettie Page V2 action figure 08343710
model - NEW PRODUCT: Executive Replicas & TBLeague: 1/6 Queen of Pin-Ups, Betty Page/Bettie Page V2 action figure 08344010
model - NEW PRODUCT: Executive Replicas & TBLeague: 1/6 Queen of Pin-Ups, Betty Page/Bettie Page V2 action figure 08344310
model - NEW PRODUCT: Executive Replicas & TBLeague: 1/6 Queen of Pin-Ups, Betty Page/Bettie Page V2 action figure 08344510
model - NEW PRODUCT: Executive Replicas & TBLeague: 1/6 Queen of Pin-Ups, Betty Page/Bettie Page V2 action figure 08344810
model - NEW PRODUCT: Executive Replicas & TBLeague: 1/6 Queen of Pin-Ups, Betty Page/Bettie Page V2 action figure 08345110
model - NEW PRODUCT: Executive Replicas & TBLeague: 1/6 Queen of Pin-Ups, Betty Page/Bettie Page V2 action figure 08345310
model - NEW PRODUCT: Executive Replicas & TBLeague: 1/6 Queen of Pin-Ups, Betty Page/Bettie Page V2 action figure 08345610

#newproduct #ExecutiveReplicas #TBLeague #BettiePage #female #model #Pin-Up

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Hm, I'm not sure if that headsculpt is more or less terrifying than the V1 of this figure. It's a slightly improved likeness, granted, but there's something off about the positioning of her eyes. Smiles are never easy to get right, and from certain angles this just looks goofy. I know they're going for one of Bettie's more innocent 'cheesecake' posing options, but perhaps they should have tried one of her 'seductive' or 'imperiled' expressions instead.

The most interesting aspect of this figure appears to be that it might be one of those 42/43 bodies, but with nice practical detachable feet this time...

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I'm not sure if it is the sculpt or the choice of expression or both, but this looks pretty unfortunate to me. On the plus side she might look great with almost any other head sculpt out there... Smile I hope she wasn't wearing actual cheetah posing with those cheetahs. Or actual leopard being posed with those leopards. Yep, sometimes I notice the small stuff.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
As it looks to be a fairly bare-bones set, it's a shame they aren't offering an alternative sculpt with a different expression.

GubernatorFan wrote:I hope she wasn't wearing actual cheetah posing with those cheetahs. Or actual leopard being posed with those leopards. Yep, sometimes I notice the small stuff.

Back then... it's more than likely, sadly.

I wonder if TBL are going to offer the body on its own as it looks quite nice.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
GeeWillikers wrote:As it looks to be a fairly bare-bones set, it's a shame they aren't offering an alternative sculpt with a different expression.

I wonder if TBL are going to offer the body on its own as it looks quite nice.

Yes, but bare-bones is pretty much what they (and she) were going for... now maybe if they threw in some cheetahs? Or a sofa? Or even that folding chair lol.

I agree, the body looks great, but are we sure it is a new one?

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
I am surprised there isn't a big cat included. Smile

The body might not be a 42/43 actually now I look closer, but I'm struggling to visually match it to any other. The next nearest would be a 32/33, but the chest is larger, the legs are slimmer and the arms are less stubby.

But y'know, TBL and their photoshopping...

PitViper

PitViper
This is the second attempt at a Bettie Paige AFAIK, and in my humble opinion, it also failed. I believe the body is not voluptuous enough to accurately portray Ms. Page's curves, and the face, with that smile...failed. I guess her facial expressions are just to difficult to capture and translate into plastic.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Crazy Prices on Ebay! Shocked

As in 'insanely expensive'.

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
Its crazy but i'd prefer a rooted hair version of the first headsculpt rather than this one.
The smile really throws off the resemblance.

Kallor8

I just got this to make a Sheena/Shanna/Jana type figure and the dress is rolled up at the crotch and backside making it look really stupid (and the print is only on the outside of the dress so it's just this glaring white spot). It's funny that I've put together so many figure from various parts and I haven't had this, probably generally common, issue before now.

Anyone know the recommended way to straighten the dress and make it lay flat? It is pretty flimsy and stitched to her underwear so it would be difficult to remove without accidently tearing, I fear, and an iron for such thin material seems risky.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Perhaps try wrapping the area in clingfilm/plastic wrap? I have no idea if that would work, but I guess it would be worth a try...

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
1. Lift the bottom of the skirt part up a bit and wrap the butt and crotch area, plus upper legs in plastic wrap.
2. Wet your fingers repeatedly and wet the the curled part of the skirt
3. Holding down the curled parts as much as possible, wrap the skirt down with more plastic wrap.
4. Let it dry for a couple of days, and you should be good.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

model - NEW PRODUCT: Executive Replicas & TBLeague: 1/6 Queen of Pin-Ups, Betty Page/Bettie Page V2 action figure C8485110

Kallor8

Thanks, I really appreciate it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum