OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: GENESIS EMEN: THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIV - MAI SHIRANUI 2.0 (2P COLOR) 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Parts list:

Two head sculptures (calm face, face with the mouth biting fan, PVC hair + artificial hair)
One 1/6 seamless body
Normal left hand*1 piece
Fist right hand* 1 piece
Stretching right hand*1 piece
Two fingers left hand*1 piece
Provoking right hand*1 piece
Hands holding props*1 pair
Ninjutsu hands*1 pair
One set of costume
One piece of paper fan
One piece of pvc fan biting in mouth
One piece of oiled paper umbrella
One pair of Socks
One transparent stand
One customized base

GenesisEmen - NEW PRODUCT: GENESIS EMEN: THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIV - MAI SHIRANUI 2.0 (2P COLOR) 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE 18584810
GenesisEmen - NEW PRODUCT: GENESIS EMEN: THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIV - MAI SHIRANUI 2.0 (2P COLOR) 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE 18585010
GenesisEmen - NEW PRODUCT: GENESIS EMEN: THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIV - MAI SHIRANUI 2.0 (2P COLOR) 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE 18585110
GenesisEmen - NEW PRODUCT: GENESIS EMEN: THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIV - MAI SHIRANUI 2.0 (2P COLOR) 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE 18585310
GenesisEmen - NEW PRODUCT: GENESIS EMEN: THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIV - MAI SHIRANUI 2.0 (2P COLOR) 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE 18585410
GenesisEmen - NEW PRODUCT: GENESIS EMEN: THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIV - MAI SHIRANUI 2.0 (2P COLOR) 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE 18585510
GenesisEmen - NEW PRODUCT: GENESIS EMEN: THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIV - MAI SHIRANUI 2.0 (2P COLOR) 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE 18585810
GenesisEmen - NEW PRODUCT: GENESIS EMEN: THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIV - MAI SHIRANUI 2.0 (2P COLOR) 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE 18590010
GenesisEmen - NEW PRODUCT: GENESIS EMEN: THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIV - MAI SHIRANUI 2.0 (2P COLOR) 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE 18590110
GenesisEmen - NEW PRODUCT: GENESIS EMEN: THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIV - MAI SHIRANUI 2.0 (2P COLOR) 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE 18590410
GenesisEmen - NEW PRODUCT: GENESIS EMEN: THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIV - MAI SHIRANUI 2.0 (2P COLOR) 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE 18590210

#newproduct #GenesisEmen #KingofFightersXIV #MaiShiranui2.0 #female #stylized #videogame-based

FreakinLobster

FreakinLobster
This is a huge, huge improvement over the first one. The body is way better now, most probably a TBLeague or Jiaou one. The hands are amazing and the HS is... a bit better than the first one...
But what kills it for me is this colour. I like the original red and the alternative blue... but didn't like this purple.

How awesome would it be a blue/black or a white/black like these versions from DoA6?

GenesisEmen - NEW PRODUCT: GENESIS EMEN: THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIV - MAI SHIRANUI 2.0 (2P COLOR) 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE Mai-shiranui

MeMyself&I

MeMyself&I
FreakinLobster wrote:This is a huge, huge improvement over the first one. The body is way better now, most probably a TBLeague or Jiaou one. The hands are amazing and the HS is... a bit better than the first one...
But what kills it for me is this colour. I like the original red and the alternative blue... but didn't like this purple.

How awesome would it be a blue/black or a white/black like these versions from DoA6?

GenesisEmen - NEW PRODUCT: GENESIS EMEN: THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIV - MAI SHIRANUI 2.0 (2P COLOR) 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE Mai-shiranui

Agreed! The body actually looks like, well, her. Not whatever the crap they were attempting before. Frankly, the head sculpt with the fan isn't horrible, the open mouth one looks like crap, but the closed mouth, more serious one is close enough you could simply say its a more animated take on her, which fits the bill more or less. My biggest issue is that part sculpt/part hair bit. Not sure how I will like it frankly, but it is close enough that I will be ordering this for sure.

As for what you said about the color, I would kill for the white version with the black trim. That would look so freakin good IMO.

MerylAkiba

The open mouth head sculpt is for the maximum combo strike pose that is in also the KOF mobile App game. That head should of had the eyes movable because if she is looking left, she could only be posed in that one direction. That would mean everyone that wants this figure would have to pose the attack from that fixed position.

Quick tangent, In fighting games, if your character changes from right to left, the attack direction mirror changes, When my sister was in a championship, before being disqualified for winning (arcade owner pulled the plug literally, then sold the cabinet a week later), she would send the other player launching projectiles to the opposite corner, where they would have a harder disadvantage. It was funny watching grown men in the late 90's throw tantrums shouting "Sthaaaaapp!" , "MauuuuuM!" , or "Time out! NOOOOOO!"

Maybe this one is purple because the company wants everyone to buy the first version and swap out outfits.  I wish she came with the fake baby puppet of Andy. I do like the bicep form and elbow bend on this figure. It looks great! Didn't SuperDuck make this set. I have the Tbleague one and she is a short stack.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I have the red and white Super Duck set; but I honestly don’t remember what body I used to make her.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

GenesisEmen - NEW PRODUCT: GENESIS EMEN: THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIV - MAI SHIRANUI 2.0 (2P COLOR) 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE C8485110

FreakinLobster

FreakinLobster
MerylAkiba wrote:The open mouth head sculpt is for the maximum combo strike pose that is in also the KOF mobile App game. That head should of had the eyes movable because if she is looking left, she could only be posed in that one direction. That would mean everyone that wants this figure would have to pose the attack from that fixed position.

Quick tangent, In fighting games, if your character changes from right to left, the attack direction mirror changes, When my sister was in a championship, before being disqualified for winning (arcade owner pulled the plug literally, then sold the cabinet a week later), she would send the other player launching projectiles to the opposite corner, where they would have a harder disadvantage. It was funny watching grown men in the late 90's throw tantrums shouting "Sthaaaaapp!" , "MauuuuuM!" , or "Time out! NOOOOOO!"

Maybe this one is purple because the company wants everyone to buy the first version and swap out outfits.  I wish she came with the fake baby puppet of Andy. I do like the bicep form and elbow bend on this figure. It looks great! Didn't SuperDuck make this set. I have the Tbleague one and she is a short stack.

I didn't get the TBLeague one, though I was tempted by it. The HS threw me away a bit, and I liked the Genesis' extra details on the costume, so I went with it.

The body swap is quite difficult on the first Genesis Mai. The costume is sewn tight to the body and I didn't find a way to take it out without having to cut and stitch it back together. Not even baby powder and plastic wrap did the trick. Till I get the courage to sew it back, she'll be trapped in the skinny, stiff-necked body.

I also have the SuperDuck set. it's pretty neat. I used a S20A body and it's way better than the Genesis'. Unfortunately, no basic TBLeague hands hold the fan properly.

BTW, the tail thingy with the ball on this one seems different from the first, looks like the white part is from a different material. Maybe another improvement on the costume?

MeMyself&I

MeMyself&I
Not to bump an otherwise quiet thread, but I stumbled across this (posted about a week ago) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mHk9G2W2yg This should prove most informative to anyone who is getting this or may want to. I feel like I am personally going to be very happy when she arrives!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
It looks pretty good in that video.

GenesisEmen - NEW PRODUCT: GENESIS EMEN: THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIV - MAI SHIRANUI 2.0 (2P COLOR) 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thanks for the link, MeMyself&I. While anime-type characters don't appeal to me personally and I have no attachment to the game, she does look very well done, and I agree that fans are likely to be very pleased. As I suspected, the disparity between the anime-style molded hair (which has an excuse to look like this) and the "real" hair is pretty extreme. By the way, I love Kim's raccoon censorship sticker.

csyeung

csyeung
Looks really good!

FreakinLobster

FreakinLobster
Thanks for the video link. I kinda hate you for this. I had almost forgotten this figure.

The HS came out way better than expected. Even the opened mouth one is neat. C'mon, now I'm tempted on getting this one. Hope Genesis comes back to this figure once more and re-re-release this improved version with the original colour or the blue/black one. One can dream...

MeMyself&I

MeMyself&I
GubernatorFan wrote:I love Kim's raccoon censorship sticker.

Raccoon Man makes Kim's videos positively hilarious!

FreakinLobster wrote:Thanks for the video link. I kinda hate you for this. I had almost forgotten this figure.

The HS came out way better than expected. Even the opened mouth one is neat. C'mon, now I'm tempted on getting this one. Hope Genesis comes back to this figure once more and re-re-release this improved version with the original colour or the blue/black one. One can dream...

Haha. You're welcome lol! I have her pre-ordered through BBTS (though I am regretting that to a point, as they are getting hammered and every single one of my pre-orders with them seem to be behind. I have actually cancelled with them a few orders because I have found it available elsewhere for the same or less and ready to ship, but I digress). I was hopeful too that the HS would be worth it, and it seems to be a well founded hope!

it does look like it may be the s20a for the body, though modified a bit.

MeMyself&I

MeMyself&I
Welp, I am SUPER late to this, because I got her from BBTS back in early, February. Life has just been a "thing" so far in 2021.

Anyway, you guys and gals are here for reviews and pictures, so here goes.

Review: I am going to keep this short and simple. They did an overall amazing job with this figure! Easy 9/10 for me.

Pros:

The accessories really are quite nice overall. You get a large number of hands (5 very nicely done pairs of hands including what comes on the figure), a parasol (it is paper, so fair warning), two fans (the one you can open is also paper FYI) an extra head, a “real hair” pony-tail, a postcard, and the stand. Oh, and her box turns into a very well printed background that looks like a fighting stage, which is a really nice touch!

The outfit quality is excellent! Very clean stitching. No bleeding that I have seen after all these months. The colors and printed textures are very high quality and worthy of a $200 or so figure. How they made it is so nice that it actually made me revisit my custom Kasumi's outfit and improve it considerably in quality.

The head sculpt is just as nice in the promos and HobbyKim's video! While this is just one of the several iterations of Mai over the years, the fact remains that it is well done and her serious yet playful personality comes through. The second head especially, depending on the angle, conveys that playful side.

The stand is very well done. It is not needed per-say, she can stand on her own, but the foot coverings she wears have the seams on the bottom of the foot, which can mess with that. The logo for KOF is clean, the details of the paving stones/sewer lid she is standing on are well sculpted, and the arm is very sturdy. There aren't many poses of Mai's you couldn't recreate honestly.

Cons:

Not many honestly, and most are personal preference.

The "real hair" accessory is pointless as we all figured it would be.

The seams for her footwear being on the bottom of the foot can be detrimental as I said.

The hands are truly a pain to get on and off the wrists.

I am like many in that I would have preferred her red outfit, but the purple is very nice still (call this a personal preference).

The solid plastic fan for her secondary head does not like to stay in and it is hard to hold the fan that opens in any hand.

Despite my liking it personally, the head not matching a different version of Mai will probably bother some folks.

The joints on mine can be a little loose in the knee and ankle. That will vary I am sure, but it does make it slightly annoying to pose her without the stand.

Now for pictures! I am linking an album on Flickr because, well, I have 60 photos I want to share and that will make everyone viewing this lives' much simpler.

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmVPu8AR

csyeung

csyeung
Great photos! Thanks for the review. I think it turned out great!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Looks like a pretty good figure. Too bad about the hands and the unnecessary rooted hair accessory.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Nicely illustrated. And I do hope the cute dog did not get kicked or punched for getting too familiar. Wink

MeMyself&I

MeMyself&I
csyeung wrote:Great photos! Thanks for the review. I think it turned out great!

Thanks! I have been working on my setup for the photos as I want to have good photos of all my figures as I get them. I am glad they came out well and I am not the only one who thought so lol Smile

Stryker2011 wrote:Looks like a pretty good figure. Too bad about the hands and the unnecessary rooted hair accessory.

Yeah, the hands are a bummer for sure. I imagine that with a heat gun and some time they'd become more cooperative, but I am not willing to try. She is fine with the stock hands. The hair is, funny enough, quite nice by itself. Soft, does the job of "hair" quite well. It just does not work with this.

GubernatorFan wrote:Nicely illustrated. And I do hope the cute dog did not get kicked or punched for getting too familiar. Wink

Nah, pupper didn't get KO'd or anything for sniffing things he shouldn't sniff Embarassed . He actually got bored of her and walked away after the sniffing. She wasn't made of dog treats or kibble or food, so he lost interest real fast. lol!

Cobratrooper11

Cobratrooper11
nice review, short, simple and to the point. gotta ask is it confirmed a TBL body or not? curious as it looks like an S20/S21

MeMyself&I

MeMyself&I
Cobratrooper11 wrote:nice review, short, simple and to the point. gotta ask is it confirmed a TBL body or not? curious as it looks like an S20/S21

I thought I put that in there, but after looking I see I didn’t. Oops!

Yes, it is a TBL body. It is a modified s20a (the only difference is no nipples).

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum