OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: GENESIS EMEN: THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIV - MAI SHIRANUI 2.0 (2P COLOR) 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Parts list:

Two head sculptures (calm face, face with the mouth biting fan, PVC hair + artificial hair)
One 1/6 seamless body
Normal left hand*1 piece
Fist right hand* 1 piece
Stretching right hand*1 piece
Two fingers left hand*1 piece
Provoking right hand*1 piece
Hands holding props*1 pair
Ninjutsu hands*1 pair
One set of costume
One piece of paper fan
One piece of pvc fan biting in mouth
One piece of oiled paper umbrella
One pair of Socks
One transparent stand
One customized base

Stylized - NEW PRODUCT: GENESIS EMEN: THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIV - MAI SHIRANUI 2.0 (2P COLOR) 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE 18584810
Stylized - NEW PRODUCT: GENESIS EMEN: THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIV - MAI SHIRANUI 2.0 (2P COLOR) 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE 18585010
Stylized - NEW PRODUCT: GENESIS EMEN: THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIV - MAI SHIRANUI 2.0 (2P COLOR) 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE 18585110
Stylized - NEW PRODUCT: GENESIS EMEN: THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIV - MAI SHIRANUI 2.0 (2P COLOR) 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE 18585310
Stylized - NEW PRODUCT: GENESIS EMEN: THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIV - MAI SHIRANUI 2.0 (2P COLOR) 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE 18585410
Stylized - NEW PRODUCT: GENESIS EMEN: THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIV - MAI SHIRANUI 2.0 (2P COLOR) 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE 18585510
Stylized - NEW PRODUCT: GENESIS EMEN: THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIV - MAI SHIRANUI 2.0 (2P COLOR) 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE 18585810
Stylized - NEW PRODUCT: GENESIS EMEN: THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIV - MAI SHIRANUI 2.0 (2P COLOR) 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE 18590010
Stylized - NEW PRODUCT: GENESIS EMEN: THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIV - MAI SHIRANUI 2.0 (2P COLOR) 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE 18590110
Stylized - NEW PRODUCT: GENESIS EMEN: THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIV - MAI SHIRANUI 2.0 (2P COLOR) 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE 18590410
Stylized - NEW PRODUCT: GENESIS EMEN: THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIV - MAI SHIRANUI 2.0 (2P COLOR) 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE 18590210

#newproduct #GenesisEmen #KingofFightersXIV #MaiShiranui2.0 #female #stylized #videogame-based

FreakinLobster

FreakinLobster
This is a huge, huge improvement over the first one. The body is way better now, most probably a TBLeague or Jiaou one. The hands are amazing and the HS is... a bit better than the first one...
But what kills it for me is this colour. I like the original red and the alternative blue... but didn't like this purple.

How awesome would it be a blue/black or a white/black like these versions from DoA6?

Stylized - NEW PRODUCT: GENESIS EMEN: THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIV - MAI SHIRANUI 2.0 (2P COLOR) 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE Mai-shiranui

MeMyself&I

MeMyself&I
FreakinLobster wrote:This is a huge, huge improvement over the first one. The body is way better now, most probably a TBLeague or Jiaou one. The hands are amazing and the HS is... a bit better than the first one...
But what kills it for me is this colour. I like the original red and the alternative blue... but didn't like this purple.

How awesome would it be a blue/black or a white/black like these versions from DoA6?

Stylized - NEW PRODUCT: GENESIS EMEN: THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIV - MAI SHIRANUI 2.0 (2P COLOR) 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE Mai-shiranui

Agreed! The body actually looks like, well, her. Not whatever the crap they were attempting before. Frankly, the head sculpt with the fan isn't horrible, the open mouth one looks like crap, but the closed mouth, more serious one is close enough you could simply say its a more animated take on her, which fits the bill more or less. My biggest issue is that part sculpt/part hair bit. Not sure how I will like it frankly, but it is close enough that I will be ordering this for sure.

As for what you said about the color, I would kill for the white version with the black trim. That would look so freakin good IMO.

MerylAkiba

The open mouth head sculpt is for the maximum combo strike pose that is in also the KOF mobile App game. That head should of had the eyes movable because if she is looking left, she could only be posed in that one direction. That would mean everyone that wants this figure would have to pose the attack from that fixed position.

Quick tangent, In fighting games, if your character changes from right to left, the attack direction mirror changes, When my sister was in a championship, before being disqualified for winning (arcade owner pulled the plug literally, then sold the cabinet a week later), she would send the other player launching projectiles to the opposite corner, where they would have a harder disadvantage. It was funny watching grown men in the late 90's throw tantrums shouting "Sthaaaaapp!" , "MauuuuuM!" , or "Time out! NOOOOOO!"

Maybe this one is purple because the company wants everyone to buy the first version and swap out outfits.  I wish she came with the fake baby puppet of Andy. I do like the bicep form and elbow bend on this figure. It looks great! Didn't SuperDuck make this set. I have the Tbleague one and she is a short stack.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I have the red and white Super Duck set; but I honestly don’t remember what body I used to make her.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Stylized - NEW PRODUCT: GENESIS EMEN: THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIV - MAI SHIRANUI 2.0 (2P COLOR) 1/6 SCALE ACTION FIGURE Bnp4ba10
Credit to greygoose for the signature card

FreakinLobster

FreakinLobster
MerylAkiba wrote:The open mouth head sculpt is for the maximum combo strike pose that is in also the KOF mobile App game. That head should of had the eyes movable because if she is looking left, she could only be posed in that one direction. That would mean everyone that wants this figure would have to pose the attack from that fixed position.

Quick tangent, In fighting games, if your character changes from right to left, the attack direction mirror changes, When my sister was in a championship, before being disqualified for winning (arcade owner pulled the plug literally, then sold the cabinet a week later), she would send the other player launching projectiles to the opposite corner, where they would have a harder disadvantage. It was funny watching grown men in the late 90's throw tantrums shouting "Sthaaaaapp!" , "MauuuuuM!" , or "Time out! NOOOOOO!"

Maybe this one is purple because the company wants everyone to buy the first version and swap out outfits.  I wish she came with the fake baby puppet of Andy. I do like the bicep form and elbow bend on this figure. It looks great! Didn't SuperDuck make this set. I have the Tbleague one and she is a short stack.

I didn't get the TBLeague one, though I was tempted by it. The HS threw me away a bit, and I liked the Genesis' extra details on the costume, so I went with it.

The body swap is quite difficult on the first Genesis Mai. The costume is sewn tight to the body and I didn't find a way to take it out without having to cut and stitch it back together. Not even baby powder and plastic wrap did the trick. Till I get the courage to sew it back, she'll be trapped in the skinny, stiff-necked body.

I also have the SuperDuck set. it's pretty neat. I used a S20A body and it's way better than the Genesis'. Unfortunately, no basic TBLeague hands hold the fan properly.

BTW, the tail thingy with the ball on this one seems different from the first, looks like the white part is from a different material. Maybe another improvement on the costume?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum