OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

STAR WARS A Silver Linings Story (Original Trilogy) (updated with extra photos)

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
NSFW (?) Although there is nothing really graphic here, the story deals with adult situations and may or may not be appropriate for all viewers or settings. And it is certainly very much tongue-in-cheek. Although already censored, one more informative image has been hidden as a Spoiler; click if you wish to view it.

For the next installment of Star Wars silliness, check out the Happy Endings story.

Continued research into the far reaches of space has turned up never before seen footage of Leia's adventures on Endor. It is currently unclear whether this footage is a deleted scene, a fan film, a parody, or something else. But it certainly provides additional insight into the Star Wars universe...

Extra photos in Post 16 and Post 28.

starwars - STAR WARS A Silver Linings Story (Original Trilogy) (updated with extra photos) Slsws019

starwars - STAR WARS A Silver Linings Story (Original Trilogy) (updated with extra photos) Slsws020

starwars - STAR WARS A Silver Linings Story (Original Trilogy) (updated with extra photos) Slsws021

starwars - STAR WARS A Silver Linings Story (Original Trilogy) (updated with extra photos) Slsws022

starwars - STAR WARS A Silver Linings Story (Original Trilogy) (updated with extra photos) Slsws023

starwars - STAR WARS A Silver Linings Story (Original Trilogy) (updated with extra photos) Slsws024

starwars - STAR WARS A Silver Linings Story (Original Trilogy) (updated with extra photos) Slsws025

Quasi-explicit censored IMAGE hidden as Spoiler
Click if you wish to view IMAGE:

starwars - STAR WARS A Silver Linings Story (Original Trilogy) (updated with extra photos) Slsws027

starwars - STAR WARS A Silver Linings Story (Original Trilogy) (updated with extra photos) Slsws028

starwars - STAR WARS A Silver Linings Story (Original Trilogy) (updated with extra photos) Slsws119

starwars - STAR WARS A Silver Linings Story (Original Trilogy) (updated with extra photos) Slsws120

starwars - STAR WARS A Silver Linings Story (Original Trilogy) (updated with extra photos) Slsws121

starwars - STAR WARS A Silver Linings Story (Original Trilogy) (updated with extra photos) Slsws122

starwars - STAR WARS A Silver Linings Story (Original Trilogy) (updated with extra photos) Slsws123

starwars - STAR WARS A Silver Linings Story (Original Trilogy) (updated with extra photos) Slsws124

starwars - STAR WARS A Silver Linings Story (Original Trilogy) (updated with extra photos) Slsws125

Although I was not planning on it, I got a few of the Endor Leia parts (and that made me get a couple of the Deluxe Luke parts too) and couldn't resist doing something with them. I also wanted to continue exploring the basic possibilities with the graphics software, although they would be quite remedial for some of our more tech-savy graphic artists.

What do you think?

Extra photos in Post 16.

For the next installment of Star Wars silliness, check out the Happy Endings story.

#starwars #endor #leia #luke #scout #parody #humor #fiction #scifi #hottoys #sideshow #tbleague #phicen

Lynkhart

Lynkhart
Laughing Laughing

I love her resigned pose at shooting him in the back!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
That was funny! And just a bit naughty. (Ohh, the implications of those two kissing scenes prior to ROTJ. *shudder*)

He who dies with the most toys wins!

starwars - STAR WARS A Silver Linings Story (Original Trilogy) (updated with extra photos) C8485110

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
I'm pretty sure the Rebel Alliance would consider this Imperial Propaganda, that said oh man that's cold, she just went full black widow on that poor scout, dunno what's worse if slamming against a tree on endor, getting eaten by ewoks or executed after doing your imperial duty.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! starwars - STAR WARS A Silver Linings Story (Original Trilogy) (updated with extra photos) 1f60e

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Lynkhart wrote:Laughing Laughing I love her resigned pose at shooting him in the back!

Thank you very much. There isn't a whole lot of range to her pretty but fairly static expression, but it worked here.

Stryker2011 wrote:That was funny! And just a bit naughty. (Ohh, the implications of those two kissing scenes prior to ROTJ. *shudder*)

Thank you very much, glad you liked it. And yes, it was commentary and meta commentary on that and various other Star Wars and non-Star Wars things.

Theboo-bomb wrote:I'm pretty sure the Rebel Alliance would consider this Imperial Propaganda, that said oh man that's cold, she just went full black widow on that poor scout, dunno what's worse if slamming against a tree on endor, getting eaten by ewoks or executed after doing your imperial duty.

Of course they would consider this Imperial Propaganda (and revolutionaries are good at falsifying history), although arguably the real victim here is Leia, who just can't have her cake and eat it too. And of course the poor scout, but I guess he doesn't count.

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Very cool story!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
BAD WOLF-787 wrote:Very cool story!

Thank you, I'm glad you liked it.

Ephiane

Ephiane
Great Entertainment and Love Story. Now we know where all the bad Jedi come from. Laughing You mastered it to made backgrounds. It looks like the figures stand really in that terrain.
99,5 % Masterwork. I can't give 100, because of no Ewoks Crying or Very sad Come on that's the planet of them. Where are they?

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Ephiane wrote:Great Entertainment and Love Story. Now we know where all the bad Jedi come from. Laughing You mastered it to made backgrounds. It looks like the figures stand really in that terrain.
99,5 % Masterwork. I can't give 100, because of no Ewoks Crying or Very sad Come on that's the planet of them. Where are they?

Thank you very much, glad you liked it, even if you're disappointed about no Ewoks. I can't say I'm an Ewok fan, and I passed up on the chance to get the parted-out Wicket. But here is a more official explanation -- this is before Leia meets the Ewoks. Or perhaps before there were any Ewoks on Endor! After all, an earlier Lucas draft anticipated Endor to be a Wookie planet. Moreover, since many Ewoks were child actors, they would not have been allowed to lurk around for this scene. Smile

AlKelAstra91

AlKelAstra91
Hahaha, at first Bucky gets lucky with Princess Lay Her, but then she turns out to be HIS Endor. Wait, no that's horrible... Razz

The lush backgrounds are perfectly used for the scenery here, though. What software did you use, if I might ask? I originally thought green screen, but don't see any of those annoying green reflections in the clothing that are usually inevitable.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
AlKelAstra91 wrote:Hahaha, at first Bucky gets lucky with Princess Lay Her, but then she turns out to be HIS Endor. Wait, no that's horrible... Razz

The lush backgrounds are perfectly used for the scenery here, though. What software did you use, if I might ask? I originally thought green screen, but don't see any of those annoying green reflections in the clothing that are usually inevitable.

Yes, that is pretty horrible, but delightfully so. Much as I hope the story itself came across... Smile

Thank you very much. I hoped that they won't look too bad, because my experience in that kind of design is remedial at best. Keen-eyed observers would doubtless find some fault, as the ever-alert Ovy did with the Aquaman Experiment images, where those "annoying green reflections" did show up. I used CorelDraw and Corel Photo-Paint. The figures were posed on and in front of a red cloth backdrop, which was actually a worse choice than either blue or green -- I just decided to use cloth this time and that's what I had handy. Theoretically any color could do (even if green and blue are the standard choices), but you want to stay away from colors that show up or approximate colors present on your characters. Unfortunately there was plenty of stuff close to red and red reflections on glossier surfaces, a lot of which had to be corrected in image after image in the Cutout Lab. But I wanted to experiment, so I persevered. The backgrounds are relatively high resolution images of redwood forests; the foregrounds are transparent-background png files of suitable plants and semi-translucent smoke, rescaled, recolored, and appropriately cropped.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
LOL, nice to see Leia having some fun. Laughing

The backgrounds are excellent as others have already pointed out, and the poses and angles, and the interspersed text is all very well done!

And you swapped her to a tbleague body, am I seeing that right?

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Nekk-ra

Does it make this little story more disturbing if you realize Sebastion Stan resembles Mark Hamill and has been pegged by fans as an ideal choice to play a young Luke Skywalker if he were to show up in shows like "The Mandalorian"? Seems the princess is a little Freaky-Deaky. 😄

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:LOL, nice to see Leia having some fun. Laughing The backgrounds are excellent as others have already pointed out, and the poses and angles, and the interspersed text is all very well done! And you swapped her to a tbleague body, am I seeing that right?

Thank you very much. I'm glad you liked it and took it in the spirit in which it was intended. Integrating the images together and placing the text is always a concern in a photo story like this, so I appreciate your approval. And, good eye, this is indeed the HT head and clothing on a TBLeague body, S25B to be exact.

Nekk-ra wrote:Does it make this little story more disturbing if you realize Sebastion Stan resembles Mark Hamill and has been pegged by fans as an ideal choice to play a young Luke Skywalker if he were to show up in shows like "The Mandalorian"? Seems the princess is a little Freaky-Deaky. 😄

Spot on. That was intentional, as we have already touched upon the resemblance between Sebastian Stan and Mark Hamill, and that is what Leia almost said in one of the slides ("you look like my b[rother]"). And it is consistent with canon ("somehow I've always known"), besides if you ever saw any of Lucas' non-final draft (or are familiar with the concept of "Special Edition"), you would know how many of the things we take for granted today were different, often very different, in earlier plans.

Two HT Sebastian Stan heads on a Luke body and outfit (I think the left one especially looks very much like Hamill) --
starwars - STAR WARS A Silver Linings Story (Original Trilogy) (updated with extra photos) Htluke11

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Interesting. I guess I hadn’t noticed that you swapped bodies on Leia. How is the color difference between head and body?

starwars - STAR WARS A Silver Linings Story (Original Trilogy) (updated with extra photos) C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:Interesting. I guess I hadn’t noticed that you swapped bodies on Leia. How is the color difference between head and body?

I know why you're asking. I mean, look at your avatar Smile I'm working on that myself.

To answer your question, there is a definite difference, but in many angles and many types of light it doesn't look stark enough. To illustrate, I "discovered" some photos of them "goofing around on set," as follows:

(HT Leia head on TBLeague S25B)
starwars - STAR WARS A Silver Linings Story (Original Trilogy) (updated with extra photos) Swsl1510

starwars - STAR WARS A Silver Linings Story (Original Trilogy) (updated with extra photos) Swsl1610

starwars - STAR WARS A Silver Linings Story (Original Trilogy) (updated with extra photos) Swsl1710

Like I always say, the head is the part of the body most exposed to sunlight, which might excuse it being a bit more tan. Of course, the irony is that HT's current female heads are slightly darker than TBLeague's (new) female suntan, while HT's male heads are considerably lighter than TBLeague's male suntan:

(HT Leia head on the new TBLeague S39A; modified HT Bucky head on TBLeague M33)

starwars - STAR WARS A Silver Linings Story (Original Trilogy) (updated with extra photos) Swsl1810

starwars - STAR WARS A Silver Linings Story (Original Trilogy) (updated with extra photos) Swsl1910

In this last photo, the contrast is at its starkest; usually it is not quite as obvious.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Thanks for the comparisons. Damn, I was hoping it wouldn’t be so stark. You really had my hopes up, my friend.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:Thanks for the comparisons. Damn, I was hoping it wouldn’t be so stark. You really had my hopes up, my friend.

I think in many cases, depending on the light and angle, it wouldn't show up too obviously. I would say test it in your diorama before giving up. The S25B body is the perfect size for Leia and works well with this head (you do have to mess with the neck connection -- I pried out the protruding plastic rim of the connector and replaced that part with a foamie).

Valiarde

Valiarde
Haha great little story, that was a pleasure to read Smile I like how you did the surroundings, even if I'm not a photoshop man personally.

Ovy

Ovy
Wow he really looks like a mix of Jesus and Luke. And the Scout Troopers always had this comedy potential, like getting their bikes stolen by teddies or that recent dialogue in the Mandalorian. Maybe he returns as a communist droid.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum