OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: DAMTOYS: 1/6 Gangster Kingdom ------ Grass Flower K Hong Wu & Tibetan Mastiff Action Figure #GK020

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Chapter 6: The Flower Family
Section 4: Together is the most valuable
Chapter 4: Peace is the most important thing

The dragon emerges from the fire, the tiger grows toward the water's edge
Dragon emerges through fire, and tiger borns by the water

Although Hongwu's name was not taken from the Ming Taizu Zhu Yuanzhang's "Hongwu", the name was originally given by Hongwu's father because he was obese since he was a child, and hoped that he could practice martial arts well and carry forward Hongquan. After the Hongwu family came to the United States in the late 1970s, Hongwu took refuge in Hongmen, but the complicated relationship between Hongwu's ten relatives and nine reasons kept Hong Wu's father on the periphery for a long time. He didn't get a high position until his father died. After losing his father, Hong Wu had made a lot of achievements in the gang, but he was helpless behind him and never got the corresponding position. At this time, Neil’s gang’s civil strife urgently needs foreign aid, so Hongwu disregarded Hongmen’s people who opposed leading his own confidants to help Neil quell the civil strife with Kojiro. After regaining control of power, Denier, in order to thank Hong Wu and Kojiro, imitated Taoyuan and established the family of grass flowers. The clover emblem represents the same vein, concentricity, and coexistence of the three. In order to show his sincerity, Neal only allows Japanese and Chinese in the gang to govern together. Other nationalities are not allowed to join and participate in politics. The seat of Caohua K is also the seat of Chinese Chinese and Japanese in turn. Hongwu and Xiaojirou Lunzhuang have been sitting for 25 years. Under their leadership, the Caohua family has grown stronger and regained various gangs, large and small, and has been with the other three. The two color families sit on an equal footing.

There is a villa on the hillside in the western suburbs of New York. This is the residence of Hongwu De. Yaotian led Ogle into the mansion and crossed the two courtyards into a quiet and spacious backyard. In the backyard, several bodyguards searched Ogle's body and let him go, and came to the house, Yaotian went in alone to report. Open the door of the mansion and invite Ogle to enter. When you enter the mansion, you will see the spacious and antique inner hall. On a large Arhat chair sits an old man with a fat body. Ogle just wanted to walk a few steps, the old man A huge lion-headed Tibetan mastiff came out from behind the chair, and began to growl incessantly at Ogle's throat, staring directly at Ogle viciously, Ogle did not flinch, but glared at him. The Tibetan Mastiff walked towards it slowly, one dog and one person looking at each other as if no one would evade.

"You are not murderous enough for Ogle today, so you can't scare it away. The tiger heads back, he is a guest." Hong Wu patted the head of the tiger's head with the fan in his hand and said.
"It's too old to bite me". Ogle didn't stop and walked forward and said.
Hong Wu smiled and led his left hand to the side, and saw that the tea array had already been set up on the table next to Hong Wu.
There are four main functions of "Tea Array": probing, asking for help, visiting friends, and fighting.

Hongwu placed the Muyang Array (for exploration)
Layout: The teapot and one bowl are placed in the tea tray, and the other bowl is placed outside the tray to test whether they are brothers.
Break the formation: Move the tea bowl outside the plate into the plate, and then hold it up and invite.
Hong Wu said: "The city of Muyang is the universe, and loyalty depends on Hong. Today, brother Yi will come to ask, don’t treat Hong Ying as an outsider.
Ogle put the tea outside the plate in the plate, and the two invited them to drink.
After drinking the tea, Ogle placed a teapot and a bowl, and placed the spout on the bowl and presented it to Hongwu.
This is a solo formation (for help)
Layout: One teapot and one bowl, with the spout facing the bowl.
Breaking the formation: Those who can save the other side, drink their tea; those who cannot save, discard their tea and drink the tea. Hongwu smiled and drank the tea after seeing the battle and said: " All the dust is here,
Change Jinlong meets Taiji, protector ascends the throne to sit on meditation platform.

"My daughter, Jane, has never forgotten you, and you are considered to have a destiny. She asked me before you came, and I also paid him back your favor, and we will never owe each other ever since." After Hong Wu finished drinking the tea, he gently placed the cup on the plate.

Hong Wu has a tattoo on his chest with a green dragon on the left and a white tiger on the right.
Tattoo on Hong Wu's chest, blue dragon on the left and white tiger on the right.

DAMToys - NEW PRODUCT: DAMTOYS: 1/6 Gangster Kingdom ------ Grass Flower K Hong Wu & Tibetan Mastiff Action Figure #GK020 18264810
DAMToys - NEW PRODUCT: DAMTOYS: 1/6 Gangster Kingdom ------ Grass Flower K Hong Wu & Tibetan Mastiff Action Figure #GK020 18264910

Hongwu's Wu character in archaic style, meaning Ge Zhi
Archaic character of Hong Wu's name “Wu”, means “put down the weapon and bring truce”

DAMToys - NEW PRODUCT: DAMTOYS: 1/6 Gangster Kingdom ------ Grass Flower K Hong Wu & Tibetan Mastiff Action Figure #GK020 18264911

Chapter 6:The Club Family
Chapter 4: Peace is the most important thing

Dragon emerges through fire, and tiger borns by the water

Hong Wu is not named after the reign title of the first emperor of Ming Dynasty; being a fat child, his father gave him this name, hope that he would practice and carry forward Hong's martial arts. His family arrived in the United States in the late 70's, but his father kept hovering in the outer rings of the Triads(aka Hong Men, or Vast Family), due to the complicated relationships within. After his father's death, Hong Wu has made much contribution for the gang, but without supports , he never got the position he deserved. In the meantime Neil's gang was facing a rebellion and in dire need of foreign aid, so Hong Wu decided to join Kojiro and bring his men helping Neil solved the problem. After his restoration, Neil invited Hong Wu and Kojiro to a brotherhood ceremony out of gratitude, imitating the Three Kingdoms story. They created the Spades family. The three leaves are a symbol of them joining veins, hearts and live. Showing his good faith, Neil regulated that only the Chinese and Japanese members could be in power to intervene with family affaires; the seat of K of Spades were taken in turns by men of the two nations, specifically speaking, Hong Wu and Kojiro, for the past 25 years. Under their leadership, the Spades family absorbed many small gangs over time and kept growing, and eventually sat on an equal footing with the other three colours.
Halfway up a hill to the west of New York sits a villa; this is Hong Wu's residence. Yao Tian leads Ogier through two courtyards and into a quiet and spacious house, where several bodyguards routinely search Ogier for weapons and let him pass. They then enter into an antique hall, and inside which an overweighed old man sits on a vintage chair. Ogier wants to walk a few steps towards the old man, but a huge Tibetan mastiff bursts out from the rear and steps in; the scary monster roars at Ogier, and it will not give away his master. Ogier does not shrink either; he stares at the monster and slowly walks towards it. It seems that no one would step down.
"Ogier, you haven't brought your killer face today, this won't scare him off."
"Back off Tigerhead, this is my guest". Hong Wu pats on the dog's head.
“He's too old to eat me”. Ogiers says, without stopping his feet.
Hong Wu smiles and weaves his left hand toward a side table, where a tea formation is already set up.
["Tea formation" is a protocol widely used in the Triads in the form of a tea party. There are four main purposes: try out, ask for help, visit friend, and combat.]
Hong Wu sets up the wood formation, to probe.
[Setting up: placing the pot and one cup inside the tray and another cup outside the tray, to try if the other party is a friend]
[Solving: move the outer cup into the tray, then hold up and invite the host to drink]
Hong Wu says,
["There is nothing more important than the brotherhood. Now you are visiting my home, are you a brother or an outsider?"]
Ogier moves the other cup into the tray, then rises the cup, and invites Hong Wu. They drink together.
He then pours tea into Hong Wu's cup, then places the pot spout pointing the cup.
This is the single-horse formation, meaning asking for help.
[Setting up: pot and one cup, pot spout against the cup]
[Solving: drink directly if willing to help; dump and pour another cup then drink if not]
Hong Wu picks the cup, drinks it all and says “
["So lonely you have suffered enough to come here, but don't worry, for we will help you with whatever you are after."]
"My daughter Jane has never forgotten you; after all you two had a past. She has visited before you came and asked for my help. I will pay back her debt. But after this we don't own each other." Finished his tea, Hong Wu gently returns his cup back into the tray.

................................................. ...........

DAMTOYS 1/6 Gangsters Kingdom--------Club K Hong Wu GK020
DAMTOYS 1/6 Gangster Kingdom---------Flower K Hong Wu GK020

List:

Head sculpture HEADSCULP
Body ACTION BADY

clothing:
Tang suit TANGZHUANG
White vest WHITE VEST
WHITE PANTS
BLACK PANTS
BLACK SWORD BELT

Accessories:

bbk pistol BBK PISTOL
Fan FAN
Gold necklace GOLD NECKLACE
BELT SWORD
Gloves x8 GLOVES x8

Grand division chair FAUTEUIL
PEDAL
Tea table TEA TABLE
TEA TRAY
Teacup x5 TEACUP x5

Bar code: 6970569620336
Product price: 1280RMB

DAMToys - NEW PRODUCT: DAMTOYS: 1/6 Gangster Kingdom ------ Grass Flower K Hong Wu & Tibetan Mastiff Action Figure #GK020 18271210
DAMToys - NEW PRODUCT: DAMTOYS: 1/6 Gangster Kingdom ------ Grass Flower K Hong Wu & Tibetan Mastiff Action Figure #GK020 18271410
DAMToys - NEW PRODUCT: DAMTOYS: 1/6 Gangster Kingdom ------ Grass Flower K Hong Wu & Tibetan Mastiff Action Figure #GK020 18271510
DAMToys - NEW PRODUCT: DAMTOYS: 1/6 Gangster Kingdom ------ Grass Flower K Hong Wu & Tibetan Mastiff Action Figure #GK020 18271610
DAMToys - NEW PRODUCT: DAMTOYS: 1/6 Gangster Kingdom ------ Grass Flower K Hong Wu & Tibetan Mastiff Action Figure #GK020 18271710
DAMToys - NEW PRODUCT: DAMTOYS: 1/6 Gangster Kingdom ------ Grass Flower K Hong Wu & Tibetan Mastiff Action Figure #GK020 18271810
DAMToys - NEW PRODUCT: DAMTOYS: 1/6 Gangster Kingdom ------ Grass Flower K Hong Wu & Tibetan Mastiff Action Figure #GK020 18271911
DAMToys - NEW PRODUCT: DAMTOYS: 1/6 Gangster Kingdom ------ Grass Flower K Hong Wu & Tibetan Mastiff Action Figure #GK020 18272011
DAMToys - NEW PRODUCT: DAMTOYS: 1/6 Gangster Kingdom ------ Grass Flower K Hong Wu & Tibetan Mastiff Action Figure #GK020 18272112
DAMToys - NEW PRODUCT: DAMTOYS: 1/6 Gangster Kingdom ------ Grass Flower K Hong Wu & Tibetan Mastiff Action Figure #GK020 18272212
DAMToys - NEW PRODUCT: DAMTOYS: 1/6 Gangster Kingdom ------ Grass Flower K Hong Wu & Tibetan Mastiff Action Figure #GK020 18272311
DAMToys - NEW PRODUCT: DAMTOYS: 1/6 Gangster Kingdom ------ Grass Flower K Hong Wu & Tibetan Mastiff Action Figure #GK020 18272413
DAMToys - NEW PRODUCT: DAMTOYS: 1/6 Gangster Kingdom ------ Grass Flower K Hong Wu & Tibetan Mastiff Action Figure #GK020 18272414
DAMToys - NEW PRODUCT: DAMTOYS: 1/6 Gangster Kingdom ------ Grass Flower K Hong Wu & Tibetan Mastiff Action Figure #GK020 18272512

DAMTOYS 1/6 Gangsters Kingdom-------- Tibetan Mastiff GK020
DAMTOYS 1/6 Gangster Kingdom--------- Tibetan Mastiff GK020

Tibetan Mastiff TIBETAN MASTIFF

Accessories:

RED COLLAR
METAL DOG ​​CHAIN

Bar code: 6970569620343
Product price: 350RMB (one piece)

GK020-A yellow
GK020-B white
GK020-C black

DAMToys - NEW PRODUCT: DAMTOYS: 1/6 Gangster Kingdom ------ Grass Flower K Hong Wu & Tibetan Mastiff Action Figure #GK020 18354310
DAMToys - NEW PRODUCT: DAMTOYS: 1/6 Gangster Kingdom ------ Grass Flower K Hong Wu & Tibetan Mastiff Action Figure #GK020 18354412
DAMToys - NEW PRODUCT: DAMTOYS: 1/6 Gangster Kingdom ------ Grass Flower K Hong Wu & Tibetan Mastiff Action Figure #GK020 18354510
DAMToys - NEW PRODUCT: DAMTOYS: 1/6 Gangster Kingdom ------ Grass Flower K Hong Wu & Tibetan Mastiff Action Figure #GK020 18354611
DAMToys - NEW PRODUCT: DAMTOYS: 1/6 Gangster Kingdom ------ Grass Flower K Hong Wu & Tibetan Mastiff Action Figure #GK020 18354610
DAMToys - NEW PRODUCT: DAMTOYS: 1/6 Gangster Kingdom ------ Grass Flower K Hong Wu & Tibetan Mastiff Action Figure #GK020 18354612

#newproduct #DAMToys #GangsterKingdom #GrassFlowerK #HongWu #TibetanMastiff #male #dog #stylized

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
These are very impressive in their own right, even if stylized figures generally don't appeal to me. Nice new chubby body, which can probably come in useful for kitbashing other characters, too. The furniture is pretty cool, too. As for Hong Wu, I already have the (realistic) figure of the emperor, so... Smile

brassco

brassco
DAMToys - NEW PRODUCT: DAMTOYS: 1/6 Gangster Kingdom ------ Grass Flower K Hong Wu & Tibetan Mastiff Action Figure #GK020 Z

so much resemblance to this Hong Kong actor Sammo Hung. I wonder if this figure is based on one of his movies...

I am interested only in the Chinese Tea set!

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
brassco wrote:DAMToys - NEW PRODUCT: DAMTOYS: 1/6 Gangster Kingdom ------ Grass Flower K Hong Wu & Tibetan Mastiff Action Figure #GK020 Z

so much resemblance to this Hong Kong actor Sammo Hung. I wonder if this figure is based on one of his movies...

I am interested only in the Chinese Tea set!

Thank you re Sammo Hung  -- I confess I wasn't able to identify the actor originals for these latest 4 Asian Gangster Kingdom figs.  Of the 30 or so figs in the series, only a couple are based on specific movies (Wolverine and Machete) while the rest are stylized versions of actors, martial artists or sports figures, but not tied to one specific movie.

GubernatorFan wrote:These are very impressive in their own right, even if stylized figures generally don't appeal to me. Nice new chubby body, which can probably come in useful for kitbashing other characters, too. The furniture is pretty cool, too. As for Hong Wu, I already have the (realistic) figure of the emperor, so... Smile

I mostly share your resistance to stylized figures generally but I think Gangster Kingdom has actually become something quite unique just by the sheer accumulation of @30 original characters.  My general resistance to stylized is based on something like "cool figure, but what could I use it with?" so something like eg my Army Attractive or the Ashley Wood figs felt very marginalized.  Gangster Kingdom has overcome this by sheer numbers -  I've got about 2/3 of them so it's like a separate world consistent and sizable unto itself.  I can't think of another stylized series that has gone this deep. Also it helps that the GK style choice is of caricatured celebs but with fully realistic (and truly excellent) gear, because as a result, apart from needing to use a GK suitable headsculpt and hands, all the normal customizing, swapping and variation options remain open (which is not the case with most stylized figs).

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Moonbase Alpha Male wrote:I mostly share your resistance to stylized figures generally but I think Gangster Kingdom has actually become something quite unique just by the sheer accumulation of @30 original characters.  My general resistance to stylized is based on something like "cool figure, but what could I use it with?" so something like eg my Army Attractive or the Ashley Wood figs felt very marginalized.  Gangster Kingdom has overcome this by sheer numbers -  I've got about 2/3 of them so it's like a separate world consistent and sizable unto itself.  I can't think of another stylized series that has gone this deep. Also it helps that the GK style choice is of caricatured celebs but with fully realistic (and truly excellent) gear, because as a result, apart from needing to use a GK suitable headsculpt and hands, all the normal customizing, swapping and variation options remain open (which is not the case with most stylized figs).

Those are very good points, and I largely agree. I think that if I had infinite resources and infinite space, I would be far more interested in such sets, as they certainly represent technical and quality achievement in this scale. And they are an impressive bunch. As it is, given limited resources and space, and my main personal interest in articulated scaled figure (that they can recreate something adjustable and real-looking), I have mostly been looking at them as very welcome kitbashing potential.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
GubernatorFan wrote:Those are very good points, and I largely agree. I think that if I had infinite resources and infinite space, I would be far more interested in such sets, as they certainly represent technical and quality achievement in this scale. And they are an impressive bunch. As it is, given limited resources and space, and my main personal interest in articulated scaled figure (that they can recreate something adjustable and real-looking), I have mostly been looking at them as very welcome kitbashing potential.

That is totally understandable -- especially given that as I said above, stylized figures like these only work not as singles, but with a serious commitment to having consistent multiples in series.  And it's nice sometimes to appreciate looking at photos of impressive figures like here on OSF without necessarily feeling that the appreciation requires making a purchase.  

On that note Gubernator if I may:  coming back here after being away a while, I have got to commend you for achieving something really impressive particularly with this New Product Announcement section of OSF.  Even back in the heyday when OSW was fully alive, its New Product Section never successfully sparked any fun commentary.  The first post with the promo pictures was always cool to see, but there was seldom any conversation after that, and the New Product threads died at 2 or 3 posts  -- which was always a disappointment to me because hearing people discussing their first reactions to a new fig can be intriguing.  Well, you have achieved that here, mostly I think because of the effort that you and Stryker2011 make to spark the conversation with one or two always good comments.  You've made the OSF New Products section work very well at something that frankly OSW always failed to do.  Kudos.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Moonbase Alpha Male wrote:On that note Gubernator if I may: coming back here after being away a while, I have got to commend you for achieving something really impressive particularly with this New Product Announcement section of OSF. Even back in the heyday when OSW was fully alive, its New Product Section never successfully sparked any fun commentary. The first post with the promo pictures was always cool to see, but there was seldom any conversation after that, and the New Product threads died at 2 or 3 posts  -- which was always a disappointment to me because hearing people discussing their first reactions to a new fig can be intriguing. Well, you have achieved that here, mostly I think because of the effort that you and Stryker2011 make to spark the conversation with one or two always good comments. You've made the OSF New Products section work very well at something that frankly OSW always failed to do. Kudos.

Thank you very much, but I can't take much credit. It is usually Stryker, and sometimes others, who post the new product announcements, with copious imagery culled from mysterious sources and tortuous machine translation. I figure that it is partly out of respect for their hard work (if nothing else, it adds up) to comment -- as well as to start a conversation. In fact, I try to comment as much as I can -- unless I truly have nothing to say (in response to some question I'm clueless on, or when faced by a product that is so out there for me I can't find something to appreciate, which is very rare) or (it happens!) I happen to have missed it. I wish more people would do that and keep the conversation going. In some ways our New Product Announcements section has been perhaps the most popular part of the site; perhaps people feel more comforting commenting when they have no one's feelings to hurt -- cause DAM and others don't have feelings. Wink Also, people have been generous with in-hand photos and ad hoc reviews, which is very much appreciated. But I'm glad you're enjoying how this has turned out so far, and I hope you will not be a stranger. This place owes a lot to your early contributions and is made more rewarding by your presence and participation.

csyeung

csyeung
These sets always have the best accessories. Even stylized I could recognize Sammo. Which film is anyone's guess , he's played a gangster boss in so many!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum