OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Sexiest Man Alive (Woo Toys WO-004)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Avengers - The Sexiest Man Alive (Woo Toys WO-004) Empty The Sexiest Man Alive (Woo Toys WO-004) Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:53 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
The Sexiest Man Alive (People 2014) is back and there is more of him to love than ever before!

For the modified head sculpt, see HERE.

Avengers - The Sexiest Man Alive (Woo Toys WO-004) Fvtwt010

Courtesy of Woo Toys and World Box, here is the most amiable God of Thunder yet!

Avengers - The Sexiest Man Alive (Woo Toys WO-004) Fvtwt011

Woo Toys set WO-004 is available in four variants, including (A) clothes and accessories, (B) clothes, accessories, and head sculpt, (C) full set including World Box AT018 body, and (D) just the head sculpt. Since I had the body, I went for set B. The clothing and accessories include: pajama pants, crocs, hoody, robe, fingerless gloves, watch, game controller, two Coke cans, two Heineken beer bottles. You have to attach the labels/designs on the cans and bottles yourself. Neither the Cokes nor the Heinekens are actually film-accurate. Chris Hemsworth wore the gloves throughout, as they hid the edge of the fat suit he wore for his character's appearance in the film.

Avengers - The Sexiest Man Alive (Woo Toys WO-004) Fvtwt116

"Fat Viking" Thor comes with one of the outfits seen in Avengers: Endgame, but it allows you to recreate more than one look or cringe-inducing scene...

Avengers - The Sexiest Man Alive (Woo Toys WO-004) Fvtwt012

To keep Thor comfortable, he has his pale blue crocs, representing what has got to be the most unsightly footwear ever designed. But they are done in fine detail, and they fit the feet of the AT018 body perfectly.

Avengers - The Sexiest Man Alive (Woo Toys WO-004) Fvtwt013

You can have him lounging around on the couch in his red robe and playing with his video game controls while enjoying a beer.

Avengers - The Sexiest Man Alive (Woo Toys WO-004) Fvtwt014

Or give him his hoody so he can dress up appropriately for going out... The strings hang too close to each other, but it is otherwise film-accurate. Don't forget to caffeinate for energy.

Avengers - The Sexiest Man Alive (Woo Toys WO-004) Fvtwt015

And just in case, throw in the robe. Between that, the hoody, the pajama pants, and the crocs, it's office casual these days, no? Don't forget the shades, or suffer the combination of hangover and sunlight.

Avengers - The Sexiest Man Alive (Woo Toys WO-004) Fvtwt016

I'm cool, man!

Avengers - The Sexiest Man Alive (Woo Toys WO-004) Fvtwt017

Just let me rest my eyes a little... no, I'm not dead!

Avengers - The Sexiest Man Alive (Woo Toys WO-004) Fvtwt018

These shades need some cleaning... or maybe it's just not too bright in here...

Avengers - The Sexiest Man Alive (Woo Toys WO-004) Fvtwt110

SPOILER ALERT! The outfit, as a whole, is most accurate to the part of the film where Thor revisits Asgard to reunite with his beloved family members and possessions. To be film-accurate, the watch would sit atop a black leather gauntlet-type accessory worn over the glove.

Avengers - The Sexiest Man Alive (Woo Toys WO-004) Fvtwt111

All he has to do is reach out...

Avengers - The Sexiest Man Alive (Woo Toys WO-004) Fvtwt112

And he is still manifestly worthy of greatness!

Avengers - The Sexiest Man Alive (Woo Toys WO-004) Fvtwt113

No one can withstand the Sexiest Man/God alive!

Avengers - The Sexiest Man Alive (Woo Toys WO-004) Fvtwt114

Let all others tremble in despair!

Avengers - The Sexiest Man Alive (Woo Toys WO-004) Fvtwt115

All in all, I think it is a fine, fun set, allowing the recreation of the character from more than one scene in the film. It can also serve for kitbashing purposes. The head sculpt is not the most accurate Chris Hemsworth we have seen, but it is passable. And the sculpted hair lends itself to rehairing. I should note that the head sits a bit high on the body, in part because that is a common occurrence with WorldBox bodies, in part because of the neck adapter (which I tried to modify) and the molded hair (which is somewhat flexible but not too soft). Put together, this Thor is about 30 cm (11.8 in) tall, which is a little short for Chris Hemsworth, whose 6 ft 3 in (190.5 cm) would translate to 31.75 cm (12.5 in) in sixth scale. But this is due to the WorldBox body, which is the only "fat" body readily available. It is neither the right height nor the right physique for the character, but dressed up it still conveys the look fairly well.

What do you think?

I got mine from Giantoy (you can shop around and find it elsewhere, too), so here are a couple of their links for the Fat Viking sets and the WorldBox body:
https://giantoy.com/products/woo-toys-wo-004c-woo004c-fat-viking-1-6-scale-1
https://giantoy.com/products/worldbox-1-6-durable-male-figure-fat-plump-body-at018

For the modified head sculpt, see HERE.

#avengers #thor #chrishemsworth #wootoys #worldbox #scifi #fiction #film #male

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Looks good, and a typically fun review. I get shades of Lebowski with this get-up (maybe that was intentional...)

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Avengers - The Sexiest Man Alive (Woo Toys WO-004) C8485110

FreakinLobster

FreakinLobster
So... is the sexiest man alive... Lebowski?

Avengers - The Sexiest Man Alive (Woo Toys WO-004) 1*inZhQK_AsyotFtBOcztBjQ

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:Looks good, and a typically fun review. I get shades of Lebowski with this get-up (maybe that was intentional...)

Glad you liked it! And see below on Lebowski...

FreakinLobster wrote:So... is the sexiest man alive... Lebowski?

Well... not that People's choices always make sense (HERE), but this is based on Chris Hemsworth being given that title by People (HERE, one of the runners up that year was Chris Pratt!), in contrast to his appearance in this movie and this action figure set. So, no. But the comparison to Lebowski is at least partway apt -- I was rewatching the movie before doing the review, and when Thor waddles into the Avengers lab opening his soda, Tony Stark shoos him out of his way calling him "Lebowski." I know it is the type of thing that would be lost on those who are not "in the know," so not a very good joke, but I loved it.

Ovy

Ovy
Haha, the title of the thread is an indication that there is no Idris Elba headsculpt out there yet. xD Korg and Meek or how they are called would be great too.

Looks fun, and he was wearing gloves to hide the seams of the suit? So they did in real life what I pray for the 1/6 world? Nice.

Thinking about Lebowski, it all started with Iron Man, whose first Villian was Jeff Bridges. So Jeff Bridges exists/existed in the MCU as himself and an infamous dude with a giant robot suit looking like him.
Well, they also reference the Alien franchise at some point. So they probably have all the pop culture except anything from Marvel, but a couple of people just looking like Stan Lee.

Someone on another forum made this character last year with rooted hair, beard and self made sweater in a custom diorama with Danish beer and Doritos swimming in Guacamole.

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Fantastic. The title had me on curiosity alone, but great review, and hilarious pics. The Court of New Asgard pic just wrecked me.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Ovy wrote:Korg and Meek or how they are called would be great too.

Looks fun, and he was wearing gloves to hide the seams of the suit? So they did in real life what I pray for the 1/6 world? Nice.

Thinking about Lebowski, it all started with Iron Man, whose first Villian was Jeff Bridges. So Jeff Bridges exists/existed in the MCU as himself and an infamous dude with a giant robot suit looking like him...

Someone on another forum made this character last year with rooted hair, beard and self made sweater in a custom diorama with Danish beer and Doritos swimming in Guacamole.

Yes and yes. And good connection. The Dude made it into the Marvel Universe, just cosplaying as someone else. Smile Interesting, although I'm not sure how well the guacamole fits in with the imagery. As I mention in the review, the molded hair lends itself to rehairing -- particularly as it is mostly a separate piece that seems to be able to be pried off. I had to keep myself from exploring this till after the review. Smile

ReverendSpooky wrote:Fantastic.  The title had me on curiosity alone, but great review, and hilarious pics.  The Court of New Asgard pic just wrecked me.  

Thank you very much! I'm glad you liked it and found it funny. And I do hope that Stryker realized the Court of New Asgard is my lame homage to his amazing diorama. Smile If you're in the mood for more silliness, check out this: Silver Linings.

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
I mean he got curves, lots of them! Fat thor is what some of us became with the lockdown. I remember seeing that body some time ago while searching for bodies and I was tempted to get it but I have no heads that would fit (both neck wise and thickness wise) I also found a nude Goering and it was terrifying, those skinny legs should not go with that fat upper torso.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Avengers - The Sexiest Man Alive (Woo Toys WO-004) 1f60e

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Yes he does... just not the same curves as the "fat suit" they used in the movie. And let's call him Pleasantly Plump, shall we? Smile

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Very nice, great photos! Very Happy

11Avengers - The Sexiest Man Alive (Woo Toys WO-004) Empty Re: The Sexiest Man Alive (Woo Toys WO-004) Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:44 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
BAD WOLF-787 wrote:Very nice, great photos! Very Happy

Thank you very much, glad you liked it!

blackpool

blackpool
nest episode we get to see starlord doing some fitness!?

Awesome photostory bro, as usual!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
blackpool wrote:nest episode we get to see starlord doing some fitness!?

Awesome photostory bro, as usual!

Thank you very much, I'm glad you liked it! The real photo stories are HERE and HERE (but remember I don't have your mastery when it comes to graphics). And you have already seen Star-Lord doing fitness... let me see if I can find it...

Avengers - The Sexiest Man Alive (Woo Toys WO-004) M3590c10

There. Smile But the joke was that "dad bods" are supposed to be in, and for Guardians of the Galaxy and the Avengers movies, he got all fit and buff instead of his previous signature look (from Parks and Recreation).

14Avengers - The Sexiest Man Alive (Woo Toys WO-004) Empty Re: The Sexiest Man Alive (Woo Toys WO-004) Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:34 am

ZombieTestSubject

The modified head thread led me here and I'm glad it did. This is hilarious. From the title to the joke photos at the end. Serves Chris Pratt right for getting all lean and muscular, when dad bods are in right? And using Gamora as Oola and Rocket as Salacious Crumb was brilliant. Will you be reshooting these images with the modified head?

15Avengers - The Sexiest Man Alive (Woo Toys WO-004) Empty Re: The Sexiest Man Alive (Woo Toys WO-004) Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:45 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
ZombieTestSubject wrote:The modified head thread led me here and I'm glad it did. This is hilarious. From the title to the joke photos at the end. Serves Chris Pratt right for getting all lean and muscular, when dad bods are in right? And using Gamora as Oola and Rocket as Salacious Crumb was brilliant. Will you be reshooting these images with the modified head?

I'm glad you found it entertaining, including my lame humor. I don't know that I can be bothered to reshoot everything -- besides this is a review of the set as it comes, before modifications. But you did remind me to put in a link to the modified head sculpt, so thanks.

16Avengers - The Sexiest Man Alive (Woo Toys WO-004) Empty Re: The Sexiest Man Alive (Woo Toys WO-004) Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:56 pm

brassco

brassco
Avengers - The Sexiest Man Alive (Woo Toys WO-004) Legends

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
To quote the title of Richard Matheson’s great horror novel: I Am Legend...

just not quite that big.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Avengers - The Sexiest Man Alive (Woo Toys WO-004) C8485110

BAMComix

BAMComix
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy That is awesome! You have really captured the character of the overweight Thor! I also love all the small accessories you have in your set! Real top class work!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
brassco wrote:Avengers - The Sexiest Man Alive (Woo Toys WO-004) Legends

How appropriate. Although I would have thought kids had flat stomachs and men six packs. Smile

Stryker2011 wrote:To quote the title of Richard Matheson’s great horror novel: I Am Legend... just not quite that big.

LOL like I always say -- about me too -- just more of you to love! Hope your wife agrees.

BAMComix wrote:Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy  That is awesome! You have really captured the character of the overweight Thor! I also love all the small accessories you have in your set! Real top class work!

Thank you very much. Well, this set includes a bunch of accessories, but yes, the more the merrier. Just like in your excellent interiors.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum