OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: Super Duck: 1/6 Fantasy Fighting Goddess-[and clothing] #SET058 without body

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
The head sculpt has been remade, and the official image has been updated.

Note: Body is not included.
Does not contain body, it is recommended to match with Phicen steel bone large breast white skin body S10D

Product Details:
Head Sculpt x 1
Headband x 1
Kimono Kimono x 1
Bag strap Fukuroobi x 1
Obijime x 1
Underwear x1
Stocking x1
Bow tie x 4
Boots x 1

clothing - NEW PRODUCT: Super Duck: 1/6 Fantasy Fighting Goddess-[and clothing] #SET058 without body 16175410
clothing - NEW PRODUCT: Super Duck: 1/6 Fantasy Fighting Goddess-[and clothing] #SET058 without body 16175911
clothing - NEW PRODUCT: Super Duck: 1/6 Fantasy Fighting Goddess-[and clothing] #SET058 without body 16180410
clothing - NEW PRODUCT: Super Duck: 1/6 Fantasy Fighting Goddess-[and clothing] #SET058 without body 16180710
clothing - NEW PRODUCT: Super Duck: 1/6 Fantasy Fighting Goddess-[and clothing] #SET058 without body 16181010
clothing - NEW PRODUCT: Super Duck: 1/6 Fantasy Fighting Goddess-[and clothing] #SET058 without body 16181410
clothing - NEW PRODUCT: Super Duck: 1/6 Fantasy Fighting Goddess-[and clothing] #SET058 without body 16181712
clothing - NEW PRODUCT: Super Duck: 1/6 Fantasy Fighting Goddess-[and clothing] #SET058 without body 16182210
clothing - NEW PRODUCT: Super Duck: 1/6 Fantasy Fighting Goddess-[and clothing] #SET058 without body 16182510
clothing - NEW PRODUCT: Super Duck: 1/6 Fantasy Fighting Goddess-[and clothing] #SET058 without body 16182810

#newproduct #SuperDuck #FantasyFightingGoddess #Clothing #headsculpt #female #accessory

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Not too bad, even the head doesn't suffer from quite as much soft blandness as their usual work. Sorry, I don't mean to be dismissive, but on the whole I'm not a fan of this company's head sculpts. Their costumes and accessories, on the other hand, are usually well done and can be quite useful sometimes.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
GubernatorFan is quite right that Super Duck's sculpts are not their strong suit, and also that this one is above average for them. Superduck headsculpts have improved, like those of TBL itself, but not necessarily consistently. AFAIK none are outright bad but it becomes more of an issue when the sculpt is necessarily character unique or specific.

But the real question (and I hope someone from Super Duck is listening) is what the heck are they doing creating and marketing their accessory kits to fit a Phicen 10D standard? That is a product from 2015. With accessories kits I take the manufacturer recommendation seriously and I usually purchase their recommended body at the same time (or I might try them out on something I have, but I usually end up getting the recommended body anyway). Who's gonna chase new Phicen 10Ds down in year 2020? If my HT DeLorean time machine magically turns functional, maybe I can go get some. I bet you some of Super Duck's customers don't even know what "Phicen" is, it's been TBL for what, 4+ years? Sure we can play the headgame of "what's the nearest current equivalent of a P10D" but we shouldn't have to. Wake Up SD!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Excellent point and question, MoonbaseAlphaMale!

MeMyself&I

MeMyself&I
Well this is awkward as I just bought a s10d all of two weeks ago *looks around sheepishly* 😂 To be fair, it’s only the fourth body I’ve bought, and for specific reasons.

That being said, does anyone know if this is supposed to be based on any particular character, or is it just something SD said “huh, this looks cool” and then made? I feel like I should know, especially with my areas of interest in video games and anime, but I have no dang clue. She’s really dang familiar, and for that reason I will be getting her. Well, that and I like the overall look and I’m clearly intrigued by the head sculpt based on other posts in another product thread.

Diana

Diana
I don't consider those 2015 releases to be outdated. I consider them the first set of the series and suspect they improve them all the time, like they tried with the bubble butt of the S22/23.

In fact I ordered an S12D recently, which should be arriving with that anime body soon. Smile
They are in stock at Giantoy and KGHobby.

@MeMyself&I: I don't know the game, but I'm guessing this is an alternative look for Tifa Lockhart? I think they've referred to her as the fighting queen before.

FreakinLobster

FreakinLobster
AerynDiana is right. It's based on Tifa Lockhart, from Final Fantasy VII Remake. It's a neat costume, SD really nailed this, but I won't be getting it. I already PO'd her default costume figure and I'm waiting for a Cloud that another company has teased to see which one I'll get.

clothing - NEW PRODUCT: Super Duck: 1/6 Fantasy Fighting Goddess-[and clothing] #SET058 without body EVvGBwWX0AAGO5t

MeMyself&I

MeMyself&I
FreakinLobster wrote:AerynDiana is right. It's based on Tifa Lockhart, from Final Fantasy VII Remake. It's a neat costume, SD really nailed this, but I won't be getting it. I already PO'd her default costume figure and I'm waiting for a Cloud that another company has teased to see which one I'll get.

clothing - NEW PRODUCT: Super Duck: 1/6 Fantasy Fighting Goddess-[and clothing] #SET058 without body EVvGBwWX0AAGO5t

Awesome! Thanks for the screenshot too! I haven’t had a ton of time to play the Remake, so I haven’t gotten super far unfortunately.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
MeMyself&I wrote:Well this is awkward as I just bought a s10d all of two weeks ago *looks around sheepishly* 😂 To be fair, it’s only the fourth body I’ve bought, and for specific reasons.  
AerynDiana wrote:I don't consider those 2015 releases to be outdated. I consider them the first set of the series and suspect they improve them all the time, like they tried with the bubble butt of the S22/23

Nobody said anything about S10ds being outdated or not, but I pointed out how bizarre it is that the standard which SD uses for its fittings is a body from 5 years ago.  You don't see my tailor using my body measurements from 2015.  Even the Phicen name itself may not be conveying useful info to SD's customers in 2010.  And SD could fix this in about 7 seconds but it has to make sure its designers are updated, not just the guy who writes the promos.

MeMyself&I, do not feel awkward (obviously) and I am glad that any s10ds that are still out there find good homes.  But if you've only had 4 bodies, I think you have a real treat ahead of you with a current TBL. 5 years of improvements count for something -- plus, in addition to a small steady line of accruing improvements, I think there was a big jump a little bit after the s10Ds.  The newer ones feel more responsive somehow -- almost like a live model who is eager to pose as you direct her.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I think the issue of the body is as simple as anything any of us do when we choose — pick the body that we feel best represents (or gets as close as possible for bodies currently available) the character. I wouldn’t use one of the more muscular bodies for this particular character, since it wouldn’t look right; and the newer Anime bodies don’t really work for her either.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

clothing - NEW PRODUCT: Super Duck: 1/6 Fantasy Fighting Goddess-[and clothing] #SET058 without body C8485110

MeMyself&I

MeMyself&I
Moonbase Alpha Male wrote:
MeMyself&I, do not feel awkward (obviously) and I am glad that any s10ds that are still out there find good homes.  But if you've only had 4 bodies, I think you have a real treat ahead of you with a current TBL. 5 years of improvements count for something -- plus, in addition to a small steady line of accruing improvements, I think there was a big jump a little bit after the s10Ds.  The newer ones feel more responsive somehow -- almost like a live model who is eager to pose as you direct her.

Oh, I wasn't being serious lol. It was just kind of funny to me the timing of your post with my recent purchase. Frankly, I love the s10d, and am currently hunting down a head sculpt for it. Seeing as the Tifa stuff is more meant for it, that may be what I end up doing. It, in some ways, feels like an improvement over my s07c/s09c in how it moves (in many ways much smoother) but I also feel like the older bodies are more tank-like. The s09 is sort of my test bed and it gets moved all over and what have you. The s16a's movement is super smooth though, and has legs for days and is overall quite pleasing, but she would not do so hot with this set in terms of looks (not sure what she will get honestly).

Stryker2011 wrote:I think the issue of the body is as simple as anything any of us do when we choose — pick the body that we feel best represents (or gets as close as possible for bodies currently available) the character. I wouldn’t use one of the more muscular bodies for this particular character, since it wouldn’t look right; and the newer Anime bodies don’t really work for her either.
Honestly, I think the s10d is perfect for Tifa, especially if you are looking at how she is in FFVII Remake. That same body is wrong for Aerith IMHO, which gets back to the point of "why s10d" but I digress.

Now to decide if I want to officially get this as the overall look works well for some other things I want to do, or go for the outright "this is Tifa" set.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
MeMyself&I wrote:Well this is awkward as I just bought a s10d all of two weeks ago *looks around sheepishly* 😂 To be fair, it’s only the fourth body I’ve bought, and for specific reasons.  

AerynDiana wrote:I don't consider those 2015 releases to be outdated. I consider them the first set of the series and suspect they improve them all the time, like they tried with the bubble butt of the S22/23.

Yeah exactly. I've got another S12 (the suntan S10) in my buying queue right now. My favourite bodies overall still remain the S16/17 and the 23b (gigantic new caboose notwithstanding).

And they may not be the most realistic or even aesthetically-pleasing, but those 'older' bodies seem to be better put together and smoother in their movements than anything beyond the first runs of S20-S23.

FreakinLobster

FreakinLobster
I would easily go for a S20A for this set if I'd get it. Even though Tifa is smoother on the game, she's a brawler, fighting with her bare hands. I wouldn't mind some extra muscles in her.
Now for Aerith, I'd go for a body similar to the S10, with smaller breast, like the S16A.

MeMyself&I

MeMyself&I
FreakinLobster wrote:I would easily go for a S20A for this set if I'd get it. Even though Tifa is smoother on the game, she's a brawler, fighting with her bare hands. I wouldn't mind some extra muscles in her.
Now for Aerith, I'd go for a body similar to the S10, with smaller breast, like the S16A.

I'd still put Tifa on the s10, but I also think the 20a just looks kinda funky in pictures. It's those super wide shoulders that make it seem so off. S10 just contours better to Tifa's shape IMHO. The s16a though is a fantastic idea for Aerith, 1,000% agreed. I wonder if since they released one of the alt outfits for Tifa if we will get any of Aerith's?

Saturn

Saturn
Some review photos: https://bbs.bbicn.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=381345

Kitsune1000

Kitsune1000
I have this set in hand for a few days, I'm currently washing out the clothing so it doesn't stain. Let me know if you guys want pics or even a comparison on the head sculpt as I have the Tifa 1.0 HS as well.

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
Kitsune1000 wrote:I have this set in hand for a few days,  I'm currently washing out the clothing so it doesn't stain.  Let me know if you guys want pics or even a comparison on the head sculpt as I have the Tifa 1.0 HS as well.

I would love to see a couple of pics if it’s not too much trouble. She looks really good in the link Saturn provided, and I’m seriously considering ordering the set.

Kitsune1000

Kitsune1000
Ok finally finished washing out the clothes and now had a chance to dress her.

Thoughts
-  The main dress is made of a nice fabric feels silky
-  Still like this head sculpt,  I think it looks better in person than the picture suggests.
-  Hair ornament is made of metal
-  The Kit was shipped in a metal tin rather than the carboard box as past releases,  Seems Superduck is putting more care into the little details
-  I hate tying up shoe laces but still looks good.

clothing - NEW PRODUCT: Super Duck: 1/6 Fantasy Fighting Goddess-[and clothing] #SET058 without body HOAY0ML
clothing - NEW PRODUCT: Super Duck: 1/6 Fantasy Fighting Goddess-[and clothing] #SET058 without body WF3MGwi
clothing - NEW PRODUCT: Super Duck: 1/6 Fantasy Fighting Goddess-[and clothing] #SET058 without body RyyaVsW
clothing - NEW PRODUCT: Super Duck: 1/6 Fantasy Fighting Goddess-[and clothing] #SET058 without body JXDfVPT
clothing - NEW PRODUCT: Super Duck: 1/6 Fantasy Fighting Goddess-[and clothing] #SET058 without body QBYHohz

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Well, she looks more goddess than fighting, but well done on putting her together. Smile

valentin

valentin
She actually looks quite regal despite being in a jinbei.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum