OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Converting Christ Hemsworth "Fat Viking" head from Woo Toys (updated)

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
More photos in Post 12.

I suppose it was inevitable. Give us a head with long molded hair and I feel compelled to replace it with "real" hair. For the "before" look, check out my Woo Toys set review HERE.

In Endgame, "fat" Thor sports a disheveled hair that seems to intentionally combine aspects of a bad dye job and a bad wig. To some extent this should have been possible to replicate with different clumps of different-colored hair strands, but in my desire to make the look more natural, I kept intermixing the three different colors, to the point where the overall look ended up looking more even, perhaps too natural. It also ended up looking more red, which is actually appropriate for the real Norse Thor. Especially for a re-hair that survived a fire evacuation and impromptu restyling (a clump was yanked out -- you can see the initial look HERE), I still think it worked out ok.

chrishemsworth - Converting Christ Hemsworth "Fat Viking" head from Woo Toys (updated) Thorh010

I also think it works quite well with a smaller body, like TBLeague's M33.

chrishemsworth - Converting Christ Hemsworth "Fat Viking" head from Woo Toys (updated) Thorh011

I think I should apply some more water and maybe product to make it less fluffy, but for the time being this is it.

chrishemsworth - Converting Christ Hemsworth "Fat Viking" head from Woo Toys (updated) Thorh012

What do you think?

More photos in Post 12.

#custom #kitbash #hair #chrishemsworth #thor #wootoys #avengers #endame #superhero #male #film #fiction

Tjolnir

Tjolnir
already much better. i haven't tried applying "real" hair on many figures but i know the struggle dremeling off the excess stuff so you get a good base to apply the wig. personally i'm always shaking and hoping not to take it to far Smile

again, great work.
whom he really reminds me of is the second coming of lebowsky. something between "the dude abides" and "the dude lifts" Smile

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Looks pretty good.  Now you need to at least do the beard to match. Wink

He who dies with the most toys wins!

chrishemsworth - Converting Christ Hemsworth "Fat Viking" head from Woo Toys (updated) C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Tjolnir wrote:Already much better. I haven't tried applying "real" hair on many figures but I know the struggle dremeling off the excess stuff so you get a good base to apply the wig. personally I'm always shaking and hoping not to take it too far Smile

Again, great work. Whom he really reminds me of is the second coming of lebowsky. something between "the dude abides" and "the dude lifts" Smile

Thank you very much. I'm glad you like it. I should have mentioned that is was super easy to remove the relatively soft plastic molded hair this time, and to fill in the pretty small gap with Kneadatite -- in fact, that step might have been almost unnecessary. If one is choosing which molded hair sculpt to re-hair on the basis of ease, this would be the one to pick.

Yes, as discussed in the review of the original Woo Toys set, the Lebowski reference was apparently intentional, or at least already acknowledged in the movie.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:Looks pretty good.  Now you need to at least do the beard to match. Wink

Thank you very much. You know, I was thinking the same thing. But I double-checked and my suspicions were right: it didn't match in the film (or in the original Woo Toys set)! Perhaps it was an added joke on the pretty obvious artificiality of the hair (or its coloring); then again beards don't match hair in real life sometimes too...

Ovy

Ovy
Of course you would do it, great job!

Maybe you could eat a pack of doritos out of the package, and when it's empty use the fingers to rub in the fat in dorito residue into his beautiful hair.

You might want to keep the two different tones, but I think he would also look great with. A matching red full beard. Doesn't have to be limited to Endgame Thor, mighr look very good on one of your custom fantasy brawler type of guys.

How so you like your favourite kind of shoes in 1/6?

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Ovy wrote:Of course you would do it, great job! Maybe you could eat a pack of doritos out of the package, and when it's empty use the fingers to rub in the fat in dorito residue into his beautiful hair.

You might want to keep the two different tones, but I think he would also look great with a matching red full beard. Doesn't have to be limited to Endgame Thor, might look very good on one of your custom fantasy brawler type of guys.

How so you like your favourite kind of shoes in 1/6?

Thank you, glad you liked it. I'm considering suggestions as to how to make it messier (though not fluffier), so that one might work. And thanks for enabling my love of Doritos. Smile

I was thinking of overlaying the beard with some sparser strands from the same colors, but decided that it would be too tricky to get that right and also really don't want to deal with glue residue. And it did occur to me that he might be suitable for either a custom (non-film-based) Thor or some other fantasy warrior.

If you are referring to the Woo Toys crocs, I think the shoes are hideous (as a type), but as I wrote in the review, they are quite nicely made, and fit the "fat" World Box body's feet perfectly. They also fit, though not as snugly, on TBLeague male feet.

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
I think the hair looks okay, maybe he just got out of bed after a long night of watching TV or something.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! chrishemsworth - Converting Christ Hemsworth "Fat Viking" head from Woo Toys (updated) 1f60e

Diana

Diana
This looks great! Depending on how safe it is to wash the hair a little in case I change my mind I would consider greasing it up a little. I've used tiny amounts of coconut oil. (I'm sure there are better options, but I know nothing. What a Face )

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
AerynDiana wrote:This looks great! Depending on how safe it is to wash the hair a little in case I change my mind I would consider greasing it up a little. I've used tiny amounts of coconut oil. (I'm sure there are better options, but I know nothing.  What a Face  )

Argan oil also works... Very Happy

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Theboo-bomb wrote:I think the hair looks okay, maybe he just got out of bed after a long night of watching TV or something.

Thank you very much, I'm glad you liked it. Don't you mean playing videogames? Smile

AerynDiana wrote:This looks great! Depending on how safe it is to wash the hair a little in case I change my mind I would consider greasing it up a little. I've used tiny amounts of coconut oil. (I'm sure there are better options, but I know nothing.  What a Face  )

Thank you very much, I'm glad you liked it. Interesting idea. I will look into it, but probably with some spare fibers first.

skywalkersaga wrote:Argan oil also works... Very Happy

Looks like I will have to invest in some oils, since there seems to be some consensus on that. Thanks.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
So here he is after some very basic water and shampoo+conditioner treatment. I think it's an improvement, as can be expected.

chrishemsworth - Converting Christ Hemsworth "Fat Viking" head from Woo Toys (updated) Thorh013

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
GubernatorFan wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote:Argan oil also works... Very Happy

Looks like I will have to invest in some oils, since there seems to be some consensus on that. Thanks.

It's absolutely fine to use it with this material, and if you decide you don't like how it looks, it can be rinsed out with just a little bit of conditioner and water (not shampoo, just conditioner).

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Ovy

Ovy
I think it might also work to use a strip of fur (with skin till attached) for such a large beard, I thin Shovelchop did it for one of his dwarves.

And yeah, was just remembering how much you love crocs. xD

Argan oil is cool, got a sample last Christmas from work, empty already. I also like to use wax (beard wax in my case) it also works good on synthetic hair.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thanks for the additional advice/suggestions.

ZombieTestSubject

This looks great, a big improvement on the original. And as you said a ruddy Thor is actually appropriate for Scandinavian myth.

Diana

Diana
While I liked he poofy look, this now looks much more believable and life like. Very nice!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
ZombieTestSubject wrote:This looks great, a big improvement on the original. And as you said a ruddy Thor is actually appropriate for Scandinavian myth.

Thank you, I'm glad you agree.

AerynDiana wrote:While I liked he poofy look, this now looks much more believable and life like. Very nice!

Thank you very much. Glad you liked it too.

ZombieTestSubject

Will you be doing a history (myth?) version of Thor with this?

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
ZombieTestSubject wrote:Will you be doing a history (myth?) version of Thor with this?

Maybe one day. For now, I've done this, most recently updated in the TBLeague M35 body review (HERE). Some samples --

chrishemsworth - Converting Christ Hemsworth "Fat Viking" head from Woo Toys (updated) M3543c10

chrishemsworth - Converting Christ Hemsworth "Fat Viking" head from Woo Toys (updated) M3540c10

chrishemsworth - Converting Christ Hemsworth "Fat Viking" head from Woo Toys (updated) M3537c10

chrishemsworth - Converting Christ Hemsworth "Fat Viking" head from Woo Toys (updated) M3545c10

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum