OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: EKUAZ STUDIO: 1/6 Reaper-CSS Special Forces Bloody Survival Doll #EKS05

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Skippy

Male - NEW PRODUCT: EKUAZ STUDIO: 1/6 Reaper-CSS Special Forces Bloody Survival Doll #EKS05 - Page 2 51175449480_af06291938_o

Male - NEW PRODUCT: EKUAZ STUDIO: 1/6 Reaper-CSS Special Forces Bloody Survival Doll #EKS05 - Page 2 51173709487_8e4919e083_o

Male - NEW PRODUCT: EKUAZ STUDIO: 1/6 Reaper-CSS Special Forces Bloody Survival Doll #EKS05 - Page 2 51175478970_b8250b3e2d_o

Male - NEW PRODUCT: EKUAZ STUDIO: 1/6 Reaper-CSS Special Forces Bloody Survival Doll #EKS05 - Page 2 51174611698_3df6ac7e1c_o

Male - NEW PRODUCT: EKUAZ STUDIO: 1/6 Reaper-CSS Special Forces Bloody Survival Doll #EKS05 - Page 2 51174581933_02d536f1f4_o

ministryofwrath

Good use of the second mask, too bad about the strap issues.

I pulled the trigger, it says it'll be here by jul25th, I hope that's true, I'll get it in hand supposedly by the time its even in stock in western shops.

I'm debating what to do with the second mask, a female in a black jump suit with the mask might be easy enough to pull off.

I've got a table of zombies, and about 5 survivors, this will make 6, I'm debating if I really need another, though the zombies still far outnumber the survivors.

This will be the only military style model I've had in recent time, I'm not really a military model fan, but this one is fantastic.

I'm debating if I want to hurt myself enough to buy the revenger ultimate edition, I love punisher, he also has the "pouch/gear" look going on.

Skippy

ministryofwrath wrote:Good use of the second mask, too bad about the strap issues.

It was a bit quicker on the second figure once I knew to pull the straps tight to begin with, so that friction would keep at least some of it in the buckles.

However, I wasn't happy with how the Hot Toys helmet sat with the mask on, so removed the mask and relegated that figure once more! HUNK is so good that the bashed figure didn't pass muster.

ministryofwrath wrote:I pulled the trigger, it says it'll be here by jul25th, I hope that's true, I'll get it in hand supposedly by the time its even in stock in western shops.

I'm debating what to do with the second mask, a female in a black jump suit with the mask might be  easy enough to pull off.

I've got a table of zombies, and about 5 survivors, this will make 6, I'm debating if I really need another, though the zombies still far outnumber the survivors.

This will be the only military style model I've had in recent time, I'm not really a military model fan, but this one is fantastic.

I'm not normally into modern military, as they tend to look so similar to me. But there was something about the EKUAZ HUNK.

ministryofwrath wrote:I'm debating if I want to hurt myself enough to buy the revenger ultimate edition, I love punisher, he also has the "pouch/gear" look going on.

That's a great figure, though not without a few issues.

I got three of the original Revengers, making one into a bearded Rucka version, one Jon Bernthal and keeping one as Ray Stevenson.

The first issue with the Ultimate, as with the first release, is that he's too short. I used some of OneSixthKit's ankle extenders on both Stevensons to get him up to the correct height. Secondly, the tactical belt is a bit too long, so I swapped it with one of the older ones - because I wanted the Ultimate to be the best; lastly I swapped the trousers with one of the older ones because I found the Ultimate's to be too baggy, as though VTS designed them to be bloused over the boots.

Male - NEW PRODUCT: EKUAZ STUDIO: 1/6 Reaper-CSS Special Forces Bloody Survival Doll #EKS05 - Page 2 49181707493_87b6a18514_o

ZeroDelta

Say, the Tactical Vest/LBE he comes with, is it only sized for MP5 magazines or would other mags fit as well?

Skippy

ZeroDelta wrote:Say, the Tactical Vest/LBE he comes with, is it only sized for MP5 magazines or would other mags fit as well?

Now that you mention it, they look like they're designed for assault rifle magazines rather than MP5.

ZeroDelta

ZeroDelta
Asta wrote:
ZeroDelta wrote:Say, the Tactical Vest/LBE he comes with, is it only sized for MP5 magazines or would other mags fit as well?

Now that you mention it, they look like they're designed for assault rifle magazines rather than MP5.
Ah thats what I figured, from looking at the photos.

Skippy

ZeroDelta wrote:Ah thats what I figured, from looking at the photos.

To make sure I just pulled the mag from the MP5 and held it against one of the pouches. It would be too long to fit inside.

Looks like this was also the case with the RE2 Remake source:

Male - NEW PRODUCT: EKUAZ STUDIO: 1/6 Reaper-CSS Special Forces Bloody Survival Doll #EKS05 - Page 2 296?cb=20200520160434

Male - NEW PRODUCT: EKUAZ STUDIO: 1/6 Reaper-CSS Special Forces Bloody Survival Doll #EKS05 - Page 2 G7i4yo0sitg21

I'll have to imagine he was attacked by Clickers and lost his M4 trying escape the spores after his gas mask lens was broken. Wink

Male - NEW PRODUCT: EKUAZ STUDIO: 1/6 Reaper-CSS Special Forces Bloody Survival Doll #EKS05 - Page 2 51175425479_79141fbe91_o

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Wow! That is a lot of Ellie’s, Asta. You must have bought up most of the stock! Very Happy

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Male - NEW PRODUCT: EKUAZ STUDIO: 1/6 Reaper-CSS Special Forces Bloody Survival Doll #EKS05 - Page 2 C8485110

Skippy

Stryker2011 wrote:Wow! That is a lot of Ellie’s, Asta. You must have bought up most of the stock! Very Happy

Very Happy

I bought two of CC Toys' Ellies. They each came with two sculpts, so I made two more. It was quite a lot of work adapting bodies to make them small enough.

The little one on the bigger stand was my original from Redman. Because she's so short I consider her to be prequel Ellie from the American Dreams comic book.

Male - NEW PRODUCT: EKUAZ STUDIO: 1/6 Reaper-CSS Special Forces Bloody Survival Doll #EKS05 - Page 2 Lou1p4

I also bought two CC Joels, but only made one more because I'm not a big fan of his angry sculpt.

The Master Team TLOU2 Ellie is currently on the way. Hopefully CC's Clicker and TLOU2 Ellie and Joel will be released soon.

When I first saw the EKUAZ promo photos with the cracked lens gas mask I thought about TLOU, and read up again on how people get infected from the spores. It's only through inhalation, so you'd think that a non-full face mask would do the job. Yet all the masks I've seen in the games are full face, and in TLOU2 Abby has to discard a mask with a broken lens when searching for one for Lev.

(I have a couple of half-masks that came with the VTS Dark Zone figures, but as I never saw them used in the games it didn't feel right to use them).

I don't know much about the function of gas masks and have never worn one, but the FM12/S10 style, as on the EKUAZ figure, has a rubber seal covering the nose and mouth. Maybe that's not good enough on it's own to afford full protection against inhalation?  Or maybe it was a game choice.

While looking at gas masks I also looked at the lens options. The red lenses are often separate parts (outserts) that plug onto the mask over the clear eye pieces (inserts) to assist with low light vision.

The clear lenses themselves, however, can also be changed, as with HUNK's mask which has the red lenses set into the mask in place of clear ones.

Skippy

Since the Israeli Defence Force is in the news at the moment I was looking at my two DAM Combat Intelligence Collection Corps girls, and decided to equip the second figure with her knee pads and medic bag.

In the bag of parts were also spare rifle and pistol magazines. Smile

Four CAR-15 mags to fill all those EKUAZ assault rifle pouches, and a couple of pistol mags to go towards filling the six of those.

That set me on a hunt for more: two were on the DAM Ryder Watson, and another came from the VeryCool Black Shooter girl who'd already been broken down for parts.

Visually it's a big improvement when looking closely at the figure. Plus it also feels better knowing there's only foam left in one - the last one in the triple pouch which is hard to spot from the front.

Unsurprisingly, the dark grey foam was identical to the kind used in the packs on the DAM CICC figures.

ZeroDelta

ZeroDelta
Sorry to post in this thread again, but is it correct that the figure is already being sold in East Asia? I tried to pre-order the figure at Space-Figuren, but they told me they cant get the amount to fill additional pre-orders and I really dont want to try and buy it at some fishy store where I dont know if I ever get it.

glitch

glitch
Looks like this guy sold out quick. :S
Wonder if it was a very limited edition or something?

ZeroDelta

ZeroDelta
It did not sold out quick, its already sold in Asia, but most western stores wont get it until 3rd Quarter of this year so July to September. I dont know why Space Figuren has so many pre-orders of the figure.

glitch

glitch
Male - NEW PRODUCT: EKUAZ STUDIO: 1/6 Reaper-CSS Special Forces Bloody Survival Doll #EKS05 - Page 2 20210614
Male - NEW PRODUCT: EKUAZ STUDIO: 1/6 Reaper-CSS Special Forces Bloody Survival Doll #EKS05 - Page 2 20210613

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Cool photos and lighting, glitch.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Male - NEW PRODUCT: EKUAZ STUDIO: 1/6 Reaper-CSS Special Forces Bloody Survival Doll #EKS05 - Page 2 C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I agree, very nicely shot, glitch.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum