OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: HHMODEL & HAOYUTOYS New product: 1/6 Rome - Camp Flag Bearer Action Figure (#HH18020)

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
HHMODEL x HAOYUTOYS New product: 1/6 Camp Flag Bearer Bearer

configuration list:
-1/6 simulation head sculpture
-Movable body
-8 replacement hand-shaped garments:
-Tops
-Chain mail
-Pants
-Animal head cloak
-Red scarf
-Bracer
-Belt
-Shoes
-Greaves
-Helmet (metal)
-Chest medal accessories:
-Wide blade long pass (metal)
-Short sword (metal)
-Shield
-Eagle Flag
-Square platform
-------------------------------------------------- ------
HH Model X HaoYuTOYS :1/6 Imperial Army — Camp flag bearer

configuration list:
-1/6 Avatar
-body
-8 hand replacement
Costumes:
-coat
-Chain mail
-Pants
-Animal head cloak
-Red scarf
-Bracer
-Belt
-Shoes
-Leg armor
-Helmet (metal)
-Chest medal
AAccessories:
-Long sword (metal)
-Short sword (metal)
-Shield
-Eagle Flag
-Square platform

HHModel - NEW PRODUCT: HHMODEL & HAOYUTOYS New product: 1/6 Rome - Camp Flag Bearer Action Figure (#HH18020) 15134811
HHModel - NEW PRODUCT: HHMODEL & HAOYUTOYS New product: 1/6 Rome - Camp Flag Bearer Action Figure (#HH18020) 15135010
HHModel - NEW PRODUCT: HHMODEL & HAOYUTOYS New product: 1/6 Rome - Camp Flag Bearer Action Figure (#HH18020) 15135110
HHModel - NEW PRODUCT: HHMODEL & HAOYUTOYS New product: 1/6 Rome - Camp Flag Bearer Action Figure (#HH18020) 15135312
HHModel - NEW PRODUCT: HHMODEL & HAOYUTOYS New product: 1/6 Rome - Camp Flag Bearer Action Figure (#HH18020) 15135410
HHModel - NEW PRODUCT: HHMODEL & HAOYUTOYS New product: 1/6 Rome - Camp Flag Bearer Action Figure (#HH18020) 15135510
HHModel - NEW PRODUCT: HHMODEL & HAOYUTOYS New product: 1/6 Rome - Camp Flag Bearer Action Figure (#HH18020) 15135511
HHModel - NEW PRODUCT: HHMODEL & HAOYUTOYS New product: 1/6 Rome - Camp Flag Bearer Action Figure (#HH18020) 15135710
HHModel - NEW PRODUCT: HHMODEL & HAOYUTOYS New product: 1/6 Rome - Camp Flag Bearer Action Figure (#HH18020) 15135810
HHModel - NEW PRODUCT: HHMODEL & HAOYUTOYS New product: 1/6 Rome - Camp Flag Bearer Action Figure (#HH18020) 15135912
HHModel - NEW PRODUCT: HHMODEL & HAOYUTOYS New product: 1/6 Rome - Camp Flag Bearer Action Figure (#HH18020) 15140111
HHModel - NEW PRODUCT: HHMODEL & HAOYUTOYS New product: 1/6 Rome - Camp Flag Bearer Action Figure (#HH18020) 15140110
HHModel - NEW PRODUCT: HHMODEL & HAOYUTOYS New product: 1/6 Rome - Camp Flag Bearer Action Figure (#HH18020) 15140210
HHModel - NEW PRODUCT: HHMODEL & HAOYUTOYS New product: 1/6 Rome - Camp Flag Bearer Action Figure (#HH18020) 15140311
HHModel - NEW PRODUCT: HHMODEL & HAOYUTOYS New product: 1/6 Rome - Camp Flag Bearer Action Figure (#HH18020) 15140310

#newproduct #HHModel #HaoyuToys #ImperialLegion #AncientRome #CampFlagBearer #male #military #historical?

Diana

Diana
Oh I Wish I was (My wallet thanks me for not being) into the historical stuff, cause this is beautiful!

Valiarde

Valiarde
Too bad I have too many interests - these romans all look so great. But can't start another collection sadly

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
This is indeed a great looking figure.  

The correct name is "Camp Flag Bearer," and being precise (picky) about it matters to distinguish it from the earlier Eagle Flag Bearer, though persons better informed than I may advise why those are two different things.   As a design/configuration, this is virtually a complete duplicate of their Eagle Flag Bearer (which was terrific also) but there is relatively little physical re-use.  The lion of the Eagle Flag Bearer (worth the price of admission by itself) is a bear for this one.  The Eagle Standard is similar but a different design.  The shield, armor etc are varied (with some borrowings maybe from their other figures).  The two will look great together maybe with my Ignite Aquilifer discreetly at the back.

The Eagle Flag Bearer was Liam Cunningham (GoT Davos), so I was somewhat surprised the figure didn't get more attention for that reason.  I can't place the likeness of this one (does anybody?)

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I've been meaning to do a review of the Eagle Flag Bearer. I agree. These are stunning, beautifully made, and generally high-quality figures, even if they do take some liberties with what we know from history/archaeology. I'll be tempted by the figure, but the rising prices might get in the way.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
$235 USD on Timewalker, Ian.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

HHModel - NEW PRODUCT: HHMODEL & HAOYUTOYS New product: 1/6 Rome - Camp Flag Bearer Action Figure (#HH18020) C8485110

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
Does anyone identify who the sculpt is?

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
GubernatorFan wrote:I've been meaning to do a review of the Eagle Flag Bearer. I agree. These are stunning, beautifully made, and generally high-quality figures, even if they do take some liberties with what we know from history/archaeology. I'll be tempted by the figure, but the rising prices might get in the way.

I would certainly be interested to see you doing that review. Some "liberties with what we know from history/archaeology" are probably be inevitable, but my "glass half full" view is that these HY Romans are above average in that regard -- maybe some mismatches as to what rank might have what signage or what gear, but nothing glaringly anachronistic afaik. And no outright fantasy elements. So they seem generally credible. Kaustik Plastik was probably more scholarly about it but I recall reading they still made some mistakes. Did you review any of the HY Romans? Your informed take would be interesting to read.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:$235 USD on Timewalker, Ian.

Ouch! For a trooper figure that's not even a normal functional trooper. They are very good quality, but that's a hefty price tag. It will be a difficult decision either way.

Moonbase Alpha Male wrote:Does anyone identify who the sculpt is?

I was wondering the same thing. An aging Ray Stevenson (Pullo)? I don't really know. They are not always meant to be anyone in particular, I think, although we have seen Vorenus, Davos, and Messala among them.

Moonbase Alpha Male wrote:I would certainly be interested to see you doing that review.  Some "liberties with what we know from history/archaeology" are probably be inevitable, but my "glass half full" view is that these HY Romans are above average in that regard -- maybe some mismatches as to what rank might have what signage or what gear, but nothing glaringly anachronistic afaik.  And no outright fantasy elements.  So they seem generally credible.  Kaustik Plastik was probably more scholarly about it but I recall reading they still made some mistakes.  Did you review any of the HY Romans?  Your informed take would be interesting to read.

Thank you for the encouragement, especially given that reviews (and not just mine) have tended to be relatively light on feedback/comments, which has made them a little less exciting to do in my book. Yes, I reviewed the first two HY&HH sets, take a look if you are interested, as well as three out of the four recent Kaustic Plastik ones (been meaning to do the cavalryman too) --

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t2015-rome-imperial-army-reloaded-infantry-by-hh-model-haoyu-toys-review-updated-with-comparison-photos

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t2017-rome-imperial-army-centurion-by-hh-model-haoyu-toys-review

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t1716-roman-infantry-2019-kaustic-plastik-review

And a few kitbashes based on the KP sets, primarily -- https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t1443-early-imperial-roman-infantry-kitbash

Hope you enjoy them.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
GubernatorFan wrote:Ouch! For a trooper figure that's not even a normal functional trooper. They are very good quality, but that's a hefty price tag. It will be a difficult decision either way.

Thank you for the encouragement, especially given that reviews (and not just mine) have tended to be relatively light on feedback/comments, which has made them a little less exciting to do in my book. Yes, I reviewed the first two HY&HH sets, take a look if you are interested, as well as three out of the four recent Kaustic Plastik ones (been meaning to do the cavalryman too) --

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t2015-rome-imperial-army-reloaded-infantry-by-hh-model-haoyu-toys-review-updated-with-comparison-photos

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t2017-rome-imperial-army-centurion-by-hh-model-haoyu-toys-review

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t1716-roman-infantry-2019-kaustic-plastik-review

And a few kitbashes based on the KP sets, primarily -- https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t1443-early-imperial-roman-infantry-kitbash

Hope you enjoy them.

Hey thanks, that's a lot of reading I am much looking forward to.  I guess I missed those reviews in my time of exile.  I really should know more about ancient Romans, given that I was born in Rome, on the Ides of March, and a five minutes' walk away from the place Caesar was killed.  (True).

You're right about the "hefty price tag" for "not even a normal functional trouper" but one thing that probably adds to the price but is well worth it is the lion (in the case of the first one) and the bear here.  They would probably be very expensive loose but I'd love to have spares of each because they would also double as rugs in a Victorian setting.  My lion actually got ported over immediately to replace the awkward goofy looking thing that TBL Hercules came with.  Actually I was prepared to accept that Hercules would keep the HY excellent lion head, and Roman Davos would inherit the goofy looking TBL one -- but now I can't do that if this new guy with the excellent HY bear head is going to be in the same environment.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Cool Roman connections. Don't tell me they baptized you Giulio Cesare! Just kidding, I know they didn't. You do know they killed him in the theater of Pompey, not the Curia Iulia (which was under construction), right? Smile

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
GubernatorFan wrote:Cool Roman connections. Don't tell me they baptized you Giulio Cesare! Just kidding, I know they didn't. You do know they killed him in the theater of Pompey, not the Curia Iulia (which was under construction), right? Smile

Yes, I know that's right.  And in a future life I plan to be reborn as a cat in the sanctuary that is there now, at Torre Argentina.  I concede my birthplace is actually a slightly longer walk, south, essentially between the Piramide and Non-Catholic Cemetery (Keats & Shelley) and the Coloseum.  Most modern Romans are born outside the old city, in "suburb" areas where there has been room to build hospitals, but I was born in a small clinic right on the edge of the Roma Antica.  And ok, technically I was born at 5:00 am on March 16, but I'm still calling that the Ides of March. Caesar was killed 2064 years ago, I'm not fussing 5 hours Smile

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Moonbase Alpha Male wrote:And ok, technically I was born at 5:00 am on March 16, but I'm still calling that the Ides of March.  Caesar was killed 2064 years ago, I'm not fussing 5 hours Smile

Well, it was still March 15 in North America at that time (though no one knew it)!

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
GubernatorFan wrote:
Moonbase Alpha Male wrote:And ok, technically I was born at 5:00 am on March 16, but I'm still calling that the Ides of March.  Caesar was killed 2064 years ago, I'm not fussing 5 hours Smile

Well, it was still March 15 in North America at that time (though no one knew it)!

Yeah, over here the exact anniversary of my birth does not fall on my birthday. A fun subject for barroom bets...

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Actually... the Roman day began at sunrise, so 5 am on March 16, which is before sunrise, should count as March 15. Smile

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
GubernatorFan wrote:Actually... the Roman day began at sunrise, so 5 am on March 16, which is before sunrise, should count as March 15. Smile

The Hour of the Wolf... apparently the hour when most children are born, and the hour most people die (I got that from an Ingmar Bergman movie). So being the hour of the "Wolf," that again is a very Roman thing.

shazzdan

shazzdan
Looks pretty good but the price is too high.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
For sure it's a bad sign that the totally parallel Eagle Flag Bearer also by HY, same components list, was apparently $15 cheaper at $220 to this one $235. Nothing to account for the $15 hike except post-Covid-19 prices are wack.

agentghost

agentghost
Look like a FAT chubby version of Sean Bean.  Wassup with fatso headscupt lately?  First was PHAT Russel Crowe and now Fat Sean Bean

HHModel - NEW PRODUCT: HHMODEL & HAOYUTOYS New product: 1/6 Rome - Camp Flag Bearer Action Figure (#HH18020) 15135912

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I was going to say “fat” Liam Cunningham myself...

He who dies with the most toys wins!

HHModel - NEW PRODUCT: HHMODEL & HAOYUTOYS New product: 1/6 Rome - Camp Flag Bearer Action Figure (#HH18020) C8485110

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum