OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: DAMToys: 1/6 "The Godfather/ The Godfather" 1972 Edition-Vito Corleone [Formal Edition] Action Figure DMS032

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Damtoys officially launched the "The Godfather" (The Godfather) movie protagonist and Marlon Brando's Godfather Vidor Corleone 1/6 action figure. "The Godfather" is directed by the famous director Francis Coppola and won the 45th Oscar. Best Film, Best Actor, Best Adapted Screenplay Award, 2007 was selected by the American Film Association as the "second 100-year-old film in the world" classic film. The classic image of Victor Corleone has been transformed from DAMTOYS into a 1/6 scale collection of dolls. The head sculptures, costumes, and costumes have fully demonstrated the latest production technology and restored the movie role. Abundant accessories and highly movable body (more than 30 movable joints) allow players to show him as in the movie. Fans, stay tuned, new products are on sale!

Product details
Product number: DMS032
Product name: "The Godfather" 1972 Edition-1/6 -Vito Corleone/Vito Corleone-Formal Edition Action Figure Product Size: 1/6 Scale (Height 32cm)
Release Date: To be confirmed Barcode: 6970569620503

The 1/6 scale Vito Corleone collection doll features:
Vito Corleone exquisite head sculpture x1
DAM movable body (with more than 30 joints) x1
Four-piece suit x1
Bow tie x1
Socks x2
Rose x1
Fattening underwear x1
Hand x7
Leather shoes x2
Cat x1
Movable seat x1
Coffee table x1
XO wine glass, wine bottle x1
Desk phone x1
Candlestick x1
Carpet floor x1

DAMTOYS – The Godfather 1972 – 1/6 Vito Corleone (Formal version) Collectible Figure

Damtoys is proud to announce The Godfather Vito Corleone 1/6 Collectible Figure, the movie protagonist as portrayed by Marlon Brando. The Godfather is a classic movie – directed by the famous Francis Coppola; winner of the 45th Oscars for Best Picture, Best Actor and Best Adapted Screenplay; ranked no. 2 by the American Film Institute in 100 Years… 100 Movies 2017. Damtoys has transformed Vito Corleone's classic image into a 1/6 scale Collectible Figure. The head sculpt and costume fully demonstrate the latest production technology and faithfully recreate the character's likeness. With the rich accessories and highly poseable body (more than 30 points of articulation), collectors can pose him as in the movie.
Fans of The Godfather, Stay Tuned! Pre-order is Open for New Product!

Product Details
Product Code: DMS032
Product Name: The Godfather 1972 – 1/6 Vito Corleone (Formal version) Collectible Figure
Product size: 1/6 scale (height 32cm)
Release date:
Barcode: 6970569620503

1/6 scale Vito Corleone Collectible Figure features:
Vito Corleone exquisite head sculpt x1
DAM poseable body (more than 30 joints) x1
Four-piece suit x1
Bow tie x1
Socks x2
Rose x1
Fattening underwear x1
Hand x7
Leather shoes x2
Cat x1
Adjustable seat x1
Coffee table x1
XO wine glass, wine bottle x1
Desk phone x1
Candlestick x1
Carpet base x1

Creators
Producer: Frank Feng
Director: Niuyuan
Marketing: Niuyuan
Head Sculpted: Yun Chung
Head Painted: TC. Lee
Product Designer & Supervisor: Niuyuan
Costume Fabrication: 213B Studio
3D & Accessories: 213B Studio
Accessories Paint: 213B Studio
Package Design: Clint Lin
Photographer: Niuyuan
Editor of Photography: Niuyuan
Special Thanks :Big Tree, J. Chow, DN.Wong, Rui Fang, Hu, YX.Ho
The 213B Studio Design & Development Team
Manufactured by: Damtoys

DamToys - NEW PRODUCT: DAMToys: 1/6 "The Godfather/ The Godfather" 1972 Edition-Vito Corleone [Formal Edition] Action Figure DMS032 13032010
DamToys - NEW PRODUCT: DAMToys: 1/6 "The Godfather/ The Godfather" 1972 Edition-Vito Corleone [Formal Edition] Action Figure DMS032 13032011
DamToys - NEW PRODUCT: DAMToys: 1/6 "The Godfather/ The Godfather" 1972 Edition-Vito Corleone [Formal Edition] Action Figure DMS032 13032012
DamToys - NEW PRODUCT: DAMToys: 1/6 "The Godfather/ The Godfather" 1972 Edition-Vito Corleone [Formal Edition] Action Figure DMS032 13032110
DamToys - NEW PRODUCT: DAMToys: 1/6 "The Godfather/ The Godfather" 1972 Edition-Vito Corleone [Formal Edition] Action Figure DMS032 13032111
DamToys - NEW PRODUCT: DAMToys: 1/6 "The Godfather/ The Godfather" 1972 Edition-Vito Corleone [Formal Edition] Action Figure DMS032 13032112
DamToys - NEW PRODUCT: DAMToys: 1/6 "The Godfather/ The Godfather" 1972 Edition-Vito Corleone [Formal Edition] Action Figure DMS032 13032210
DamToys - NEW PRODUCT: DAMToys: 1/6 "The Godfather/ The Godfather" 1972 Edition-Vito Corleone [Formal Edition] Action Figure DMS032 13032212
DamToys - NEW PRODUCT: DAMToys: 1/6 "The Godfather/ The Godfather" 1972 Edition-Vito Corleone [Formal Edition] Action Figure DMS032 13032211
DamToys - NEW PRODUCT: DAMToys: 1/6 "The Godfather/ The Godfather" 1972 Edition-Vito Corleone [Formal Edition] Action Figure DMS032 13032310
DamToys - NEW PRODUCT: DAMToys: 1/6 "The Godfather/ The Godfather" 1972 Edition-Vito Corleone [Formal Edition] Action Figure DMS032 13032312
DamToys - NEW PRODUCT: DAMToys: 1/6 "The Godfather/ The Godfather" 1972 Edition-Vito Corleone [Formal Edition] Action Figure DMS032 13032311
DamToys - NEW PRODUCT: DAMToys: 1/6 "The Godfather/ The Godfather" 1972 Edition-Vito Corleone [Formal Edition] Action Figure DMS032 13032411
DamToys - NEW PRODUCT: DAMToys: 1/6 "The Godfather/ The Godfather" 1972 Edition-Vito Corleone [Formal Edition] Action Figure DMS032 13032410
DamToys - NEW PRODUCT: DAMToys: 1/6 "The Godfather/ The Godfather" 1972 Edition-Vito Corleone [Formal Edition] Action Figure DMS032 13032510
DamToys - NEW PRODUCT: DAMToys: 1/6 "The Godfather/ The Godfather" 1972 Edition-Vito Corleone [Formal Edition] Action Figure DMS032 13032613
DamToys - NEW PRODUCT: DAMToys: 1/6 "The Godfather/ The Godfather" 1972 Edition-Vito Corleone [Formal Edition] Action Figure DMS032 13032611
DamToys - NEW PRODUCT: DAMToys: 1/6 "The Godfather/ The Godfather" 1972 Edition-Vito Corleone [Formal Edition] Action Figure DMS032 13032612

#newproduct #DAMToys #TheGodfather #VitoCorleone #FormalEdition #male #movie

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I immediately thought of Ovy's chieftan, lol.

But seriously, seems like quite a nice figure and set. The accessories are an especially nice touch.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I wouldn't call it my favorite expression, but it looks excellent -- head, figure, outfit, accessories. Love the realism. This being DAM, they will probably pull off a quality set.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
$246 USD at Timewalker. Not bad considering the accessories.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

DamToys - NEW PRODUCT: DAMToys: 1/6 "The Godfather/ The Godfather" 1972 Edition-Vito Corleone [Formal Edition] Action Figure DMS032 C8485110

blackpool

blackpool
gorgeous... Could be better than the hot toys actually! The furniture and accessories are veeeeery tempting

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
The face may be more realistic or natural than the Hot Toys or the Enterbay; the resemblance to Brando definitely is not. It's pretty good nevertheless, and the accessories are as good or better. Certainly a better choice than paying aftermarket prices for the HT or the EB.

blackpool

blackpool
I'm not sure to agree on that point, the likeness is pretty strong, and I remember HT's figure being quite criticized in its time for the likeness to Marlon Brando... but it's not very fair to compare figures from today with releases from a decade ago... I just found this picture for comparison (I was looking for the enterbay one as I didn't remember about it!)

DamToys - NEW PRODUCT: DAMToys: 1/6 "The Godfather/ The Godfather" 1972 Edition-Vito Corleone [Formal Edition] Action Figure DMS032 3274661787_6e311b5012_o

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I’m with you blackpool. I think people have impressions in their mind of what something looks like, but when you see it again after all these years, it’s sometimes shocking how it really looks. I think the Enterbay has probably the strongest likeness (based on that comparison pic), but that and the HT are ridiculously over-priced today — so anyone who wants a decent Godfather figure this new one is definitely a great option.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

DamToys - NEW PRODUCT: DAMToys: 1/6 "The Godfather/ The Godfather" 1972 Edition-Vito Corleone [Formal Edition] Action Figure DMS032 C8485110

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
blackpool wrote:I'm not sure to agree on that point, the likeness is pretty strong, and I remember HT's figure being quite criticized in its time for the likeness to Marlon Brando... but it's not very fair to compare figures from today with releases from a decade ago... I just found this picture for comparison (I was looking for the enterbay one as I didn't remember about it!)

DamToys - NEW PRODUCT: DAMToys: 1/6 "The Godfather/ The Godfather" 1972 Edition-Vito Corleone [Formal Edition] Action Figure DMS032 3274661787_6e311b5012_o

We can agree to disagree, certainly. I like the DAM toys overall but I disagree that the likeness is strong, the facial structure isn't quite right.  

I have both the HT and the Enterbay physically in front of me right now.  The picture you posted of the HT is so terrible, it is even possibly a knock-off, or just one of the worst pictures ever.  Looks nothing like the real thing.  New isn't automatically better than old, especially where it's about the art rather than some refinement of the manufacturing equipment.

As for remembering "HT's figure being quite criticized in its time for the likeness," you could find anything on the internet from its being the GOAT to absolute garbage and everything inbetween.  It was a lightning rod for criticism because it was probably the first time HT went to such a mainstream movie rather than Marvel, Predators or Star Wars.  Michael Crawford gave it perfect 4 stars sculpt, perfect 4 stars paint -- does this below sound like he's talking about the same thing as your picture?

Sculpting - ****
It's one thing to do a great looking monster, or a masked character. But getting a real person just right, especially in this scale, is a magic trick. And yet Hot Toys seems to pull that particular rabbit out if their hat every time.  Once again they create a realistic, life-like portrait complete with subtle wrinkles, skin texturing, and just about the best expression for the widest range of poses possible.

Don Vito was a character in his sixties, with the requisite signs of aging in his face and skin. Brando himself was also a man with a very distinct face, especially during and after middle age, and Hot Toys has captured the likeness in amazing detail.  Even the hair is beautifully sculpted, with a fine texture that implies thin strands, rather than tootsie roll chunks.  The size of the head is proportionally correct for the body, and the hands are about the right size as well.

Paint - ****
... Every aspect of the paint work on this head sculpt is immaculate. The bright, shiny eyes have life, and look nothing like a mannequin or zombie. The skin tone is just the right shade of tan, with realistic age spots and variations. The subtle transition of the hair color from lighter to darker gray is done with a fine eye for detail, and the eyebrows and mustache show how facial hair should always be done.  If this were a custom painted head sculpt, you'd be impressed. But it's not - it comes out of a factory. Other companies are trying to crack the secret, but they haven't found it yet. Their biggest competition is Enterbay right now, and Hot Toys is going to have to keep an eye on them if they want to stay in their current lead position.[/i]

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
The DAM head sculpt looks excellent, but I, too, think there is something a little bit off, and I just can't put my finger on it -- I'm assuming that they captured what is (to me) a slightly atypical expression. It may even be the angle and overhead nature of the shots in most of the photos, as the ones from a lower angle look better to me. Given the usually great quality of DAM's production line, I suppose we'll be able to judge the finished product soon enough.

csyeung

csyeung
Looks like a very nice offering. I liked the movies growing up but for some reason have no reason to have Don Corleone in my collection heh. Great for those that are getting some more movie pieces and/or missed out on previous versions.

blackpool

blackpool
Moonbase Alpha Male wrote:
We can agree to disagree, certainly. I like the DAM toys overall but I disagree that the likeness is strong, the facial structure isn't quite right.  

I have both the HT and the Enterbay physically in front of me right now.  The picture you posted of the HT is so terrible, it is even possibly a knock-off, or just one of the worst pictures ever.  Looks nothing like the real thing.  New isn't automatically better than old, especially where it's about the art rather than some refinement of the manufacturing equipment.

As for remembering "HT's figure being quite criticized in its time for the likeness," you could find anything on the internet from its being the GOAT to absolute garbage and everything inbetween.  It was a lightning rod for criticism because it was probably the first time HT went to such a mainstream movie rather than Marvel, Predators or Star Wars.  Michael Crawford gave it perfect 4 stars sculpt, perfect 4 stars paint -- does this below sound like he's talking about the same thing as your picture?

Sculpting - ****
It's one thing to do a great looking monster, or a masked character. But getting a real person just right, especially in this scale, is a magic trick. And yet Hot Toys seems to pull that particular rabbit out if their hat every time.  Once again they create a realistic, life-like portrait complete with subtle wrinkles, skin texturing, and just about the best expression for the widest range of poses possible.

Don Vito was a character in his sixties, with the requisite signs of aging in his face and skin. Brando himself was also a man with a very distinct face, especially during and after middle age, and Hot Toys has captured the likeness in amazing detail.  Even the hair is beautifully sculpted, with a fine texture that implies thin strands, rather than tootsie roll chunks.  The size of the head is proportionally correct for the body, and the hands are about the right size as well.

Paint - ****
... Every aspect of the paint work on this head sculpt is immaculate. The bright, shiny eyes have life, and look nothing like a mannequin or zombie. The skin tone is just the right shade of tan, with realistic age spots and variations. The subtle transition of the hair color from lighter to darker gray is done with a fine eye for detail, and the eyebrows and mustache show how facial hair should always be done.  If this were a custom painted head sculpt, you'd be impressed. But it's not - it comes out of a factory. Other companies are trying to crack the secret, but they haven't found it yet. Their biggest competition is Enterbay right now, and Hot Toys is going to have to keep an eye on them if they want to stay in their current lead position.[/i]

We can surely agree to disagree, again I stand that comparing figures from 10 to 15 years difference of release is not fair, and you know for sure as a collector that hot toys like all brands upgraded their game, not mainly in sculpting talent, I totally agree the artists were already very talented, but the quality of casts, materials, plastics, paints, that has changed a lot... Just compare their first T800 with their most recent, or their first jack sparrow with the latest, it's night and day! Of course technology and R&D through releases bring more refinement and upgrades on the manufacturing process. At the time they were released they were exceptional, but today not that much anymore, that's why comparing them to very recent figures is not fair to my eyes...

You have to take that in account when pulling out Michael Crawford's review, again he would review both figures at the same time, I'm not sure he'd give the same ratings at all!

About the likeness to Brando, I find Enterbay did a great job capturing his eyes and nose, a bit less his chin, and the forehead is too big and round. But the main thing missing on both for me is that very specific jaw line Brando had from wearing prosthetics. That's where the damtoys release pleases me, tho they went for an uncommon facial expression, I find the likeness very strong, out of the skin and detailing quality that is definitely higher than on a 15 years old release.

Now that's only personal opinion, just like Crawford's reviews are his personal opinion, I totally respect that we don't share the same.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum