OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Tabi in the study.

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Tabi in the study. Empty Tabi in the study. Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:09 pm

BAMComix

BAMComix
I recently changed Tabi back into her white outfit, Being quite busy at home I haven't had a lot of figure time, but today I decided to take a few pics. In truth it turned out to be more of posing exercise, so there are a few pics. It also allowed me to show some bits and pieces in the background of the study.
There is a story, if you click on the pics it should take you to my flickr, if not look for blondeactionman @ flickr cheers

Hope you like the pics cheers

Tabi in the study. 50628847227_fe19ba8ffc_cInto the study. by Dal Lee, on Flickr
Tabi in the study. 50628023048_956db72862_cAscending the stairs by Dal Lee, on Flickr
Tabi in the study. 50628042963_3cae8152f7_cSecond Stairs. by Dal Lee, on Flickr
Tabi in the study. 50628067593_05eb33ca73_cHey boy! by Dal Lee, on Flickr
Tabi in the study. 50628926817_34913fcc4e_cWho's a good boy? by Dal Lee, on Flickr
Tabi in the study. 50628937457_258c8d82f9_cPull the chair back. by Dal Lee, on Flickr
Tabi in the study. 50629036671_653d288304_cSettling in, by Dal Lee, on Flickr
Tabi in the study. 50628287098_eb94a8b386_cThe blade by Dal Lee, on Flickr
Tabi in the study. 50629144317_eb72b830b8_cTime for work by Dal Lee, on Flickr
Tabi in the study. 50629141647_933d75dac0_clogged in. by Dal Lee, on Flickr
Tabi in the study. 50629059706_d251fd8a63_cTyping up reports. by Dal Lee, on Flickr
Tabi in the study. 50629073331_6dc5e2f5f0_cFinished at last! by Dal Lee, on Flickr
Tabi in the study. 50629167052_672c3f1072_cUnexpected call... by Dal Lee, on Flickr
Tabi in the study. 50629164597_358c47a49f_cHiya! by Dal Lee, on Flickr
Tabi in the study. 50628339748_d120f1ef1c_chang on, by Dal Lee, on Flickr
Tabi in the study. 50629180367_e8a50a8fcb_cAh, here it is.., by Dal Lee, on Flickr
Tabi in the study. 50629082666_38bf813269_cGimme a sec, by Dal Lee, on Flickr
Tabi in the study. 50628334258_8936173f9e_cIt say's.., by Dal Lee, on Flickr
Tabi in the study. 50629211442_47543a268d_cAnything else? by Dal Lee, on Flickr
Tabi in the study. 50628367228_a64c84aedc_cLike what? by Dal Lee, on Flickr
Tabi in the study. 50629207757_db8ddd6471_cIt was a joke! by Dal Lee, on Flickr
Tabi in the study. 50628363233_4c38a1d8a1_cNo smell huh? by Dal Lee, on Flickr
Tabi in the study. 50629236237_55d505e4e2_cNo Sulfur, well that's good. by Dal Lee, on Flickr
Tabi in the study. 50629138341_b62e9b0682_cIt doesn't matter. by Dal Lee, on Flickr
Tabi in the study. 50629232357_041eabafaf_cAn alien artifact? by Dal Lee, on Flickr
Tabi in the study. 50629230462_821de73167_cOh Damn! by Dal Lee, on Flickr
Tabi in the study. 50629131766_86592f8c92_cCan't they do anything without me?? by Dal Lee, on Flickr
Tabi in the study. 50629225742_958a6b642c_cIf you wanna have a good time.., by Dal Lee, on Flickr

2Tabi in the study. Empty Re: Tabi in the study. Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:11 pm

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Ah, so fun!!!! See, when you become an adventurer, no one mentions the paperwork! Every agent's real fear. Love how these came out. All the poses look so natural and relaxed. I absolutely LOVE the lighting. It's warm, yet shadowy, and the addition of the blue light really all makes it feel very specifically and intentionally like it's late at night. Awesome.

3Tabi in the study. Empty Re: Tabi in the study. Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:23 pm

BAMComix

BAMComix
ReverendSpooky wrote:Ah, so fun!!!!  See, when you become an adventurer, no one mentions the paperwork!  Every agent's real fear.  Love how these came out.  All the poses look so natural and relaxed.  I absolutely LOVE the lighting.  It's warm, yet shadowy, and the addition of the blue light really all makes it feel very specifically and intentionally like it's late at night.  Awesome.

thanks Rev! I have been thinking about the shoot for a few days after seeing your previous post. I really thought it was a great idea to show positioning of the figure plus small props and stuff. It was a lot of fun to do Very Happy . As we have spoken about, these phicen figures really are fantastic for posing in photo shoots bounce . Also, I was reading in a previous post how you said, you could lose a day shooting pics and positioning figures. I have to say, you absolutely right, as well as when you said, it's a playtime! I totally agree with that my friend bounce bounce bounce .
Really pleased you enjoyed all the pics, really means a lot Very Happy , thank you Very Happy

4Tabi in the study. Empty Re: Tabi in the study. Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:29 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Great shots, and pretty girl to boot. I like her outfit. Seems to fit her; she would look good as a Snow Bunny, too.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Tabi in the study. C8485110

5Tabi in the study. Empty Re: Tabi in the study. Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:54 pm

davidd

davidd
That third pic from the top, "Second Stairs," is really an eye-catcher! Tabi knows how to make an entrance!

The new outfit looks good. Casual, yet sufficiently professional... at least in the setting of BAM-HQ... yet she looks ready for action at any moment.

So many little props and decorative bits and curios, it's quite amazing. I have been sitting and looking at the "desk" pics for quite some time, just admiring the clutter... and trying to figure out how to emulate the whole "vibe" of the scene.

BAMComix wrote: Also, I was reading in a previous post how you said, you could lose a day shooting pics and positioning figures. I have to say, you absolutely right, as well as when you said, it's a playtime!

Yeah, I just saw The Rev's comment. One of the reasons I find figure photography frustrating is that I never feel like I have enough time to become totally immersed, or to try all the things I want to try. Seems like whenever I get rolling something comes up to interrupt me, or for some reason or another I have to stop and put everything away. Having a "dedicated studio space" would be a wonderful luxury; having the time to utilize such a space would be even better!

Your detailed picture posts like this always send my mind running off in a dozen different directions: figs, settings, props, accessories, posing, lighting... and it's all great fun, every aspect of it!

6Tabi in the study. Empty Re: Tabi in the study. Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:24 pm

shazzdan

shazzdan
I like this. The attention to detail is exquisite.

7Tabi in the study. Empty Re: Tabi in the study. Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:32 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Very pretty office, she looks great too. I was looking at the jars next to the desk and I noticed a tiny alien mummy(?) probably the most interesting looking thing in a jar I've seen, what's the green and bone thing at the top of the shelves?

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Tabi in the study. 1f60e

8Tabi in the study. Empty Re: Tabi in the study. Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:47 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
She looks great in this outfit, and right at home. And with so much properly-scaled goodness, she's not going to get bored that quickly.

9Tabi in the study. Empty Re: Tabi in the study. Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:23 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Stryker2011 wrote:Great shots, and pretty girl to boot. I like her outfit. Seems to fit her; she would look good as a Snow Bunny, too.

Thanks! Yeah, that particular sculpt (Kimi 007) is probably one of my faves. I had been thinking about changing her outfit for a while, that one s made up from about four different sets. A snow bunny huh? sounds interesting bounce

davidd wrote:That third pic from the top, "Second Stairs," is really an eye-catcher! Tabi knows how to make an entrance!

The new outfit looks good. Casual, yet sufficiently professional... at least in the setting of BAM-HQ... yet she looks ready for action at any moment.

So many little props and decorative bits and curios, it's quite amazing. I have been sitting and looking at the "desk" pics for quite some time, just admiring the clutter... and trying to figure out how to emulate the whole "vibe" of the scene.

BAMComix wrote: Also, I was reading in a previous post how you said, you could lose a day shooting pics and positioning figures. I have to say, you absolutely right, as well as when you said, it's a playtime!

Yeah, I just saw The Rev's comment. One of the reasons I find figure photography frustrating is that I never feel like I have enough time to become totally immersed, or to try all the things I want to try. Seems like whenever I get rolling something comes up to interrupt me, or for some reason or another I have to stop and put everything away. Having a "dedicated studio space" would be a wonderful luxury; having the time to utilize such a space would be even better!

Your detailed picture posts like this always send my mind running off in a dozen different directions: figs, settings, props, accessories, posing, lighting... and it's all great fun, every aspect of it!

Many thanks Dave! I am so pleased you enjoyed all the pics. I am sure with your creativity you could and have come up with some stunning pics too bounce bounce

shazzdan wrote:I like this. The attention to detail is exquisite.

Thank you so much! It took quite a while to collect all the bits and bobs, to be honest, I am always adding small bits and pieces when I find stuff.

Theboo-bomb wrote:Very pretty office, she looks great too. I was looking at the jars next to the desk and I noticed a tiny alien mummy(?) probably the most interesting looking thing in a jar I've seen, what's the green and bone thing at the top of the shelves?

Thank you for the really kind comment, about the mummy in a jar, that was originally a keyring Laughing . The bones in the green ooze is a fossel dinosaur. Hope it helps Wink

GubernatorFan wrote:She looks great in this outfit, and right at home. And with so much properly-scaled goodness, she's not going to get bored that quickly.

Thank you so much! really pleased you enjoyed the pics. I agree, there is plenty in there to keep Tabatha busy for quite some time.

Thanks so much everybody who stopped by to comment, really means a lot! bounce bounce

10Tabi in the study. Empty Re: Tabi in the study. Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:10 am

Ovy

Ovy
I guess it's walking down the stairs week, great job. I don't know how to describe it, but it somehow has a late 90s, early 2000s TV series vibe, might be the light mood.

11Tabi in the study. Empty Re: Tabi in the study. Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:13 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Ovy wrote:I guess it's walking down the stairs week, great job. I don't know how to describe it, but it somehow has a late 90s, early 2000s TV series vibe, might be the light mood.

Laughing Laughing It could be! Thanks for the comment, really pleased you enjoyed it bounce bounce

12Tabi in the study. Empty Re: Tabi in the study. Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:44 am

Diana

Diana
Oh what a beautiful setup and beautiful posing! Some of these shots really allow her to come alive!

13Tabi in the study. Empty Re: Tabi in the study. Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:16 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
AerynDiana wrote:Oh what a beautiful setup and beautiful posing! Some of these shots really allow her to come alive!

Thanks so much Diana bounce I am so pleased you enjoyed the pics Very Happy

14Tabi in the study. Empty Re: Tabi in the study. Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:43 am

Valiarde

Valiarde
Nicely done and great ambient. I like all those little scenes and stories everyone is presenting.

Minor thing: I think somethings a little bit of with the first two pics and her legs. I feel the steps she takes are a bit too big? It looks like too extreme angles how she is bending it for walking down a stairs. But thats just a gut feeling Smile Like it better on third where I can also see the end of her second leg.

That desk and how she is behaving in the room is spot on though Smile Well done

15Tabi in the study. Empty Re: Tabi in the study. Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:49 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Valiarde wrote:Nicely done and great ambient. I like all those little scenes and stories everyone is presenting.

Minor thing: I think somethings a little bit of with the first two pics and her legs. I feel the steps she takes are a bit too big? It looks like too extreme angles how she is bending it for walking down a stairs. But thats just a gut feeling Smile Like it better on third where I can also see the end of her second leg.

That desk and how she is behaving in the room is spot on though Smile Well done

Hey thanks very much! Really pleased you enjoyed it. It was a lot of fun to do Very Happy .
I'm afraid the her steps are down to the height of the steps, if you look carefully you can actually see her foot on the higher step, but I get where your coming from. Thanks so much for stopping by to comment bounce

16Tabi in the study. Empty Re: Tabi in the study. Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:19 pm

brassco

brassco
I like the last pic. Where do you display all these setups? on the table in the open? That, i guess, would have attracted a lot of dust. Where do you find display cabinet big enough to house these dioramas?

17Tabi in the study. Empty Re: Tabi in the study. Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:15 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
brassco wrote:I like the last pic. Where do you display all these setups? on the table in the open? That, i guess, would have attracted a lot of dust. Where do you find display cabinet big enough to house these dioramas?

Thank you! The study was actually built inside an old pc desk. The Ammo Arms pub is a custom built diorama that I made. they live in the room where my figures live. In the pic below the study underneath the pub and in between the plastic tubs.

Tabi in the study. DSC00044

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum