OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: THE MANDALORIAN™ TUSKEN RAIDER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Fearsome desert savages inhabiting the rocky deserts, Tusken Raiders™ are the foremost reason Tatooine™ colonists do not wander far from their isolated communities. Extremely territorial and xenophobic, Tusken Raiders will attack with very little provocation. Covered from head-to-foot in tattered rags and robes, Tusken Raiders -- or Sand People as they are also known -- brandish a deadly bladed club known as a gaderffii.

Today Hot Toys is delighted to continue expanding its Star Wars collection series by officially introducing the new 1/6th scale Tusken Raider collectible figure inspired by the acclaimed Star Wars™ series The Mandalorian™.

The highly-accurate collectible figure is specially crafted based on the appearance of the Tusken Raider. Highlighting the features are the newly developed head sculpt with tattered rags, skillfully tailored outfit, belt and bandolier, the iconic gaderffii and rifle, and a display base.

They're raiders, it's true, but these collectible figures will be great additions to any Star Wars collection!
SPECIFICATIONS
PRODUCT CODETMS028
PRODUCT NAMETUSKEN RAIDER™
HEIGHTAPPROXIMATELY 31CM TALL
POINTS OF ARTICULATIONS30
SPECIAL FEATURESNEWLY DEVELOPED HEAD SCULPT WITH TATTERED RAGS, LENSES, HEAD SPIKES AND WEATHERING EFFECTS, GADERFFII STICKS, BLACK MELON
ARTISTSHEAD SCULPTED BY N/A. FIGURE PAINTED BY LOK HO
HEAD PAINTED BY N/A. FIGURE ART DIRECTED BY JC. HONG
HEAD ART DIRECTED BY N/A
The 1/6th scale Tusken Raider Collectible Figure specially features:
- Authentic and detailed likeness of Tusken Raider in the live action-series Star Wars The Mandalorian
- Newly developed head sculpt with tattered rags, lenses, head spikes and weathering effects
- Approximately 31cm tall
- Body with over 30 points of articulations
- Eight (Cool pieces of interchangeable hands with wraps including:
- One (1) pair of fists
- One (1) pair of relaxed hands
- One (1) pair of hands for holding weapons
- One (1) rifle holding right hand
- One (1) gestured left hand
- Each piece of masked head sculpt is specially hand-painted

Costume:
- One (1) Tusken Raider beige colored robe
- One (1) beige colored inner robe with belt
- One (1) pair of beige colored pants
- One (1) pair of beige colored boots
- One (1) beige colored scarf
- One (1) pair of beige colored arm warps
- One (1) dark brown colored leather-like shoulder bandoliers
- Two (2) light brown colored leather-like shoulder bandoliers
- One (1) tan colored leather-like utility belt

Weapons:
- Two (2) gaderffii sticks
- One (1) rifle with strap

Accessories:
- One (1) neck device (wearable on neck)
- One (1) black melon
- One (1) macrobinoculars
- Specially designed desert themed figure stand with Star Wars logo and character nameplate

Artists:
- Painted by Lok Ho
- Art Directed by JC. Hong

Release date: Approximately Q1 – Q2, 2022

**Prototype shown, final product may be slightly different
**Product details could be subjected to change without further notice

© & TM Lucasfilm Ltd.
© 2020 Hot Toys Limited. All Rights Reserved.

StarWars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: THE MANDALORIAN™ TUSKEN RAIDER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 11372
StarWars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: THE MANDALORIAN™ TUSKEN RAIDER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 2683
StarWars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: THE MANDALORIAN™ TUSKEN RAIDER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 3457
StarWars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: THE MANDALORIAN™ TUSKEN RAIDER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 4422
StarWars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: THE MANDALORIAN™ TUSKEN RAIDER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 5396
StarWars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: THE MANDALORIAN™ TUSKEN RAIDER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 6376
StarWars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: THE MANDALORIAN™ TUSKEN RAIDER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 7365
StarWars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: THE MANDALORIAN™ TUSKEN RAIDER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 8347
StarWars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: THE MANDALORIAN™ TUSKEN RAIDER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 9332
StarWars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: THE MANDALORIAN™ TUSKEN RAIDER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 10313
StarWars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: THE MANDALORIAN™ TUSKEN RAIDER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 11373
StarWars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: THE MANDALORIAN™ TUSKEN RAIDER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 12279
StarWars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: THE MANDALORIAN™ TUSKEN RAIDER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 13262
StarWars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: THE MANDALORIAN™ TUSKEN RAIDER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 14241
StarWars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: THE MANDALORIAN™ TUSKEN RAIDER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 15223
StarWars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: THE MANDALORIAN™ TUSKEN RAIDER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 16208
StarWars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: THE MANDALORIAN™ TUSKEN RAIDER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 17198
StarWars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: THE MANDALORIAN™ TUSKEN RAIDER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 18184
StarWars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: THE MANDALORIAN™ TUSKEN RAIDER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 19167
StarWars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: THE MANDALORIAN™ TUSKEN RAIDER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 20137
StarWars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: THE MANDALORIAN™ TUSKEN RAIDER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 21169

#newproduct #HotToys #Mandalorian #TuskenRaider #StarWars #Disney+ #male #Sci-Fi

shazzdan

shazzdan
Looks pretty good. Would be better with some weathering.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Looks great, but like Dan said, I get the impression it is overly neat. Not only in terms of weathering, but sculpt too. Still, I missed out on the Sideshow ones and would love to pick this up. But I don't dare to think of the price, and these have never been high on my list...

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Luckily I have one of the SSC versions (the Deluxe) -- so, I'm not sure I need another (but... maybe). Price is definitely the deciding factor. And, as has already been pointed out, this is entirely too clean.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

StarWars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: THE MANDALORIAN™ TUSKEN RAIDER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Considering how heavily ROTJ borrowed from the ANH Cantina characters to populate Jabba's palace (and created many new aliens to boot), isn't it odd there were no Tuskens there?

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
GubernatorFan wrote:Considering how heavily ROTJ borrowed from the ANH Cantina characters to populate Jabba's palace (and created many new aliens to boot), isn't it odd there were no Tuskens there?

Indeed...

Though I might put mine in there, anyway.

StarWars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: THE MANDALORIAN™ TUSKEN RAIDER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE C8485110

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
It’s up at Timewalker for $244 USD —

Hmmm, too much for what it is imho.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:It’s up at Timewalker for $244 USD — Hmmm, too much for what it is imho.

I have to agree. Even if it were a more central and wanted character I would have thought twice about the price, but I'm just not that invested. It is looking increasingly likely that Lando will be my last full HT set. But who knows?

Also, yes, I would have stuck the Tusken into the Jabba diorama too.

blackpool

blackpool
Beautifully crafted but just like everyone said it misses weathering and even aging or damaging to the clothes and gear, it's way too clean as is...

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
There’s a few things about the Mando Raider I don’t like, so I thought I’d repost this comparison shot of the HT and the Sideshow ANH Raider originally posted by Slikkerias over at The Freaks.

StarWars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: THE MANDALORIAN™ TUSKEN RAIDER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE F0c23d10

Ovy

Ovy
Stryker2011 wrote:There’s a few things about the Mando Raider I don’t like, so I thought I’d repost this comparison shot of the HT and the Sideshow ANH Raider originally posted by Slikkerias over at The Freaks.

StarWars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: THE MANDALORIAN™ TUSKEN RAIDER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE F0c23d10

Well Tusken come in many different flavours, and there are many, many Tusken in the beautiful first episode of Mandalorian season 2.
Very different head shapes, body types and eye placements. And they come from another region than the ones from the OT if I remember correctly. I wonder if scalawag was among them ?

StarWars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: THE MANDALORIAN™ TUSKEN RAIDER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE IMG-20201125-145611-2

StarWars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: THE MANDALORIAN™ TUSKEN RAIDER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE IMG-20201125-145910-1-3

StarWars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: THE MANDALORIAN™ TUSKEN RAIDER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE IMG-20201125-150124-2

I guess the head is based on this guy down there. He does most of the talking and interaction with the protagonists, the strapping and eye placement looks similar and he has that black melon.

StarWars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: THE MANDALORIAN™ TUSKEN RAIDER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE IMG-20201125-145818-2

StarWars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: THE MANDALORIAN™ TUSKEN RAIDER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE IMG-20201125-145752-2

StarWars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: THE MANDALORIAN™ TUSKEN RAIDER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE IMG-20201125-152554-2

"My point is...dental hygiene for Banthas is important!"
StarWars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: THE MANDALORIAN™ TUSKEN RAIDER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE IMG-20201125-153455-2

Speaking of dental hygiene, the Tusken come directly from their camp, are riding banthas, maybe that's why they look cleaner. And they can be weathered afterwards anyway.

The point is, I won't buy them anyway.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thanks for the Mandalorian shots, Ovy. It does occur to me that this might be more faithful to the show, and that might take liberties with the original look, which is the one that's in my head. I like the Sideshow look better, although looking at stills from the original Star Wars movie, the HT sculpt might be getting some of the details better (for example that silverish thing in the "mouth" of the mask). I'm not sure about the size of the eye tubes. The number and width of the folds that go around the "mouth" area of the mask are definitely different between the movie and the show.

StarWars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: THE MANDALORIAN™ TUSKEN RAIDER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE Alan-fernandes-27

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Finally got around to trying to put this guy together yesterday, and managed to snap one of the wrist pegs off inside the arm with no way to get the peg part out, or take the peg out of the hand. Really annoying considering I wasn’t trying to swap out the hand at all, just tilt it a little bit. I’m really getting frustrated a lot lately with the cheap crap that HT is using to make their figures, all while continuously jacking up the prices. Luckily, I ended up getting a replacement body and hand for the same figure (but, of course at additional cost). Now I just have to wait for the new parts to arrive.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
That is very unfortunate, Mark, and another reminder that Hot Toys is riding in on its laurels more than genuinely staying abreast of or leading in improvements and developments. I don't know what it is about these bodies or pegs, and what was at fault, but this should not happen so easily; my own Tusken was reconstituted, so used a different body. Good luck with the new parts.

csyeung

csyeung
oof that is sad to hear Mark. I'm always afraid of something like that happening. I agree with Ian, they need to reengineer those pegs so that they're less brittle.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
csyeung wrote:oof that is sad to hear Mark. I'm always afraid of something like that happening. I agree with Ian, they need to reengineer those pegs so that they're less brittle.

Speaking of brittle pegs and of being frustratingly incompatible with others, Sideshow takes the crown. Sorry, still frustrated by a half-hearted attempt to test a future bash. So I got lucky with the Tusken reconstitution (eventually using a different HT body from a Solo mudtrooper), but it could have easily gone south too.

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
I only have one Hot Toys figure from several years ago (Winter Soldier Black Widow), but from what I’ve read here and on other forums/reviews, it sure sounds like they’re coasting on their past reputation these days.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
After replacing the body with a new one, and getting a new hand (all from the same figure), I was able to put this guy together. Not more than a week later, I received the custom robe set from Cocoboloboy over at the Freaks who had a friend make robes that looked more like the ones in the OT Star Wars. So, I finally got around to putting it together -- again.

StarWars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: THE MANDALORIAN™ TUSKEN RAIDER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE _dsc3680
StarWars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: THE MANDALORIAN™ TUSKEN RAIDER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE _dsc3681

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Your Tusken raider rocks (at least as much as a Tusken raider can), and, bonus, looks more like the original Tusken raiders from the Original Trilogy. All good things in my book. Glad you emerged triumphant from your time of adversity.
And, I've said it before, but got to day it again, love the custom Squidhead.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum