OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: Black Box Toy: 1/6 Who Am I Series-"Blade Runner Virtual Girl" (BBT9018)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
BLACKBOX 1/6 Who Am I Series-"Blade Runner Virtual Girl"
BLACKBOX 1/6 GUESS ME SERIES-"BLADE RUNNER JOI"

PRODUCT ITEM NO.: BBT9018

Accessories include:
SET INCLUDES:

Female body (hybrid teenage body with metal skeleton)

Costume COSTUME:
* New anti-dirty transparent yellow raincoat TRANSPARENCY RAINCOAT (YELLOW)
* 3D PATTERN SKIRT (CHARCOAL GRAY)
* Black high-necked long-sleeved clothes TURTLENECK T-SHIRT(BLK)
* WOMENS HIGH LONG SOCKS LEGGINGS(BLK)

* Brown simulation hair transplant head sculpture HEAD-SCULPT "JOI"
* Blue artificial hair transplant head sculpture HEAD-SCULPT "JOI"

Equipment ACCESSORIES:
* Leather cowhide black boots
LADIES FLAT LOW HEEL LACE UP MID CALF BOOTS(100% Genuine leather, BLK)
* WEAPON:
* Blast pistol pistol BLASTER GUN

This product does not contain a male protagonist for taking pictures

BladeRunner - NEW PRODUCT: Black Box Toy: 1/6 Who Am I Series-"Blade Runner Virtual Girl" (BBT9018) 15023210
BladeRunner - NEW PRODUCT: Black Box Toy: 1/6 Who Am I Series-"Blade Runner Virtual Girl" (BBT9018) 15023410
BladeRunner - NEW PRODUCT: Black Box Toy: 1/6 Who Am I Series-"Blade Runner Virtual Girl" (BBT9018) 15023411
BladeRunner - NEW PRODUCT: Black Box Toy: 1/6 Who Am I Series-"Blade Runner Virtual Girl" (BBT9018) 15023512
BladeRunner - NEW PRODUCT: Black Box Toy: 1/6 Who Am I Series-"Blade Runner Virtual Girl" (BBT9018) 15023611
BladeRunner - NEW PRODUCT: Black Box Toy: 1/6 Who Am I Series-"Blade Runner Virtual Girl" (BBT9018) 15023610
BladeRunner - NEW PRODUCT: Black Box Toy: 1/6 Who Am I Series-"Blade Runner Virtual Girl" (BBT9018) 15023710
BladeRunner - NEW PRODUCT: Black Box Toy: 1/6 Who Am I Series-"Blade Runner Virtual Girl" (BBT9018) 15023810
BladeRunner - NEW PRODUCT: Black Box Toy: 1/6 Who Am I Series-"Blade Runner Virtual Girl" (BBT9018) 15023912
BladeRunner - NEW PRODUCT: Black Box Toy: 1/6 Who Am I Series-"Blade Runner Virtual Girl" (BBT9018) 15024211
BladeRunner - NEW PRODUCT: Black Box Toy: 1/6 Who Am I Series-"Blade Runner Virtual Girl" (BBT9018) 15024210
BladeRunner - NEW PRODUCT: Black Box Toy: 1/6 Who Am I Series-"Blade Runner Virtual Girl" (BBT9018) 15024311
BladeRunner - NEW PRODUCT: Black Box Toy: 1/6 Who Am I Series-"Blade Runner Virtual Girl" (BBT9018) 15024410
BladeRunner - NEW PRODUCT: Black Box Toy: 1/6 Who Am I Series-"Blade Runner Virtual Girl" (BBT9018) 15024510
BladeRunner - NEW PRODUCT: Black Box Toy: 1/6 Who Am I Series-"Blade Runner Virtual Girl" (BBT9018) 15024511
BladeRunner - NEW PRODUCT: Black Box Toy: 1/6 Who Am I Series-"Blade Runner Virtual Girl" (BBT9018) 15024610
BladeRunner - NEW PRODUCT: Black Box Toy: 1/6 Who Am I Series-"Blade Runner Virtual Girl" (BBT9018) 15024712
BladeRunner - NEW PRODUCT: Black Box Toy: 1/6 Who Am I Series-"Blade Runner Virtual Girl" (BBT9018) 15024711
BladeRunner - NEW PRODUCT: Black Box Toy: 1/6 Who Am I Series-"Blade Runner Virtual Girl" (BBT9018) 15024810

#newproduct #BlackBoxToy #WhoAmISeries #BladeRunner #VirtualGirl #female #Sci-Fi #movie-based

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
It's nice that they supplied both head sculpts. I prefer the clothed brunette look, but either way, an improvement on an earlier version that was out there some time ago.

brassco

brassco
Improvement? I can't tell...

maybe the HS bigger??

blackpool

blackpool
The improvement surely comes from the coat's material, it's specified anti stain, while the first one was not transparent at all on the final product, and covered with stains from her black clothes...

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Am I right in thinking there was no body with the first version? They were using a TBL in the original promos, anyway.

Other improvements aside, whether or not the sculpt is improved in-hand remains to be seen (as always). Someone posted up in-hand shots of the first version here that helped me decide not to buy, so I'll wait to see if this really is an upgrade or not. The second blue-haired sculpt here certainly seems to have changed at least. I'm not sure it was a good idea to display this new version alongside the separate RG sculpt as they have, though - they don't match at all. I know the character is virtual in both her forms and therefore intended to look somewhat 'hyper-realistic', but the rough weathered-looking RG sculpt just makes the Joi one look more doll-like than it probably (hopefully) is.

blackpool

blackpool
to make the comparison easier, here is the thread of the previous version, with some in hand pictures...

VIRTUAL GIRL V.1

From the pictures it seems they have changed the headsculpt, and yes, the first version didn't include the body, it was advertised on a TBLeague

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
^Thanks Smile

If anything, I think I prefer the original (or at least its promo). Neither sculpt resemble the actress that effectively but at least that first sculpt had a bit more character than this one. The new blue-haired sculpt on the other hand does look nicer than the first, I think.

EDIT: Just noticed, no 'emulator' with this version...

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thanks blackpool, I had forgotten that the same company already did this. I think I was remembering or (misremembering) something else by a different company, which had only one (or the other) version of the character.

csyeung

csyeung
I wonder if they brought this out again because the supermad blade hunter (K) figure finally released over the summer after many delays. It does look better than the previous version though. Looks like they softened up the features and paint apps to me, but that could be the photography as well. The cloudy jacket from the first version I saw was a bummer as well. I think aside from stain, there were versions where they used a non transparent/opaque plastic for the coat.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Well, since it comes with a body this time, the head should at least be the right size for it.

Better to have *a* body that works than none, regardless of whether it is seamless or not. Not every headsculpt is going to be compatible with tbleague bodies... ;p

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

FreakinLobster

FreakinLobster
The blue hair on this second version looks a bit longer than the first release.

blackpool

blackpool
I'll try to grab one, tho I suspect the "teenage hybrid body with metal skeleton" will be covered with stains seeing the clothes she'll be wearin gin the box... Still the character was important in the movie, and the likeness is not to bad, and as pointed by other members, supermadtoys finally released agent K!

They had done a superb job on old Deckard, I can confirm they did the same on agent K, the figure is beautiful for that price point, with two headsculpts and a few interesting accessories. The only let down compared to the other brand are the molded boots that don't look as good as on the blackboxtoys release

EDIT. btw I'm pretty curious about that body since it appears seamless on some pics and jointed on others Laughing

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
The body seems similar to the PopToys Xing, but it’s hard to tell for sure.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

blackpool

blackpool
skywalkersaga wrote:The body seems similar to the PopToys Xing, but it’s hard to tell for sure.

It would be pretty good news, this body is a very good alternative to full seamless, I have a couple of them with small breast and they have a lot of potential thanks to their shorter neck and neck connector, much more compatible with recent hot toys releases (and they have plenty of ankle and feet options included lmao)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum