OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Help me name this character!

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Help me name this character! Empty Help me name this character! Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:19 pm

csyeung

csyeung
Hehe a random kitbash from stuff I grabbed here and there. Mostly was testing how the ym toys head I got last year would fit on this body. (i think it's a poptoys body parted out from a figure).

The proportions look way better for this head as it's a smaller sized than say a hot toys head or many others on the market. The short hair as well makes it look smaller on other bodies as well. For some reason my neck pegs didn't fit the bigger neck peg so I took some advice from this forum and stuffed some tissue paper inside and it holds really nice! Also the hole for the wrist peg is smaller than that of your generic hot toys pegs so I jerry rigged a peg from a paperclip, something i picked up from a youtube vid some time ago. It'll work for now.

Help me name this character! 20201112
Help me name this character! 20201113

2Help me name this character! Empty Re: Help me name this character! Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:11 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
She looks good, and cute. I have that head, and still haven’t found a use for it — though she sort of reminded me of a more realistic version of Go-Go from Big Hero 6, and thought of possibly trying to make a custom uniform for it. I wish I could help with a name, but it’s not a strong suit.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Help me name this character! C8485110

3Help me name this character! Empty Re: Help me name this character! Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:44 pm

csyeung

csyeung
Stryker2011 wrote:She looks good, and cute. I have that head, and still haven’t found a use for it — though she sort of reminded me of a more realistic version of Go-Go from Big Hero 6, and thought of possibly trying to make a custom uniform for it. I wish I could help with a name, but it’s not a strong suit.

Go go would be a great kitbash to use with this head!

4Help me name this character! Empty Re: Help me name this character! Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:24 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
She looks great for a random kitbash! Those PopToys bodies come in very handy, imo.

I'd love to help with a name, but I find it hard to name characters without knowing something about their background or story...

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

5Help me name this character! Empty Re: Help me name this character! Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:12 pm

csyeung

csyeung
Truth be told, I have a wasp coming in soon so I'm probably going to use her head on this body/outfit for a Evangeline Lily casual version. The head sculpt on that is too good not to display.

6Help me name this character! Empty Re: Help me name this character! Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:05 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
She worked out great -- the head really does suit the body. I think I actually picked up one of these heads myself. Now that I have seen it, I can't unsee it, and I don't imagine it will look better with Evangeline Lily on it. But it is your figure after all. The same could be said for the name. But now that I had Evangeline Lily's name in my head for a couple of seconds, how about calling this one Lily, paired with either an Asian family name or with an epithet (like Black Lily or something)? I don't know why, it just seems like a nicely understated name for a pretty girl who nevertheless also has both character and strength.

7Help me name this character! Empty Re: Help me name this character! Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:07 pm

csyeung

csyeung
O wow Gubernator, I like that! Black Lily! Maybe something like Lily Lin for that comic book alliteration or maybe Lily Song. Now I'll have to find another body for Evangeline when she comes in haha.

8Help me name this character! Empty Re: Help me name this character! Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:53 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
csyeung wrote:O wow Gubernator, I like that! Black Lily! Maybe something like Lily Lin for that comic book alliteration or maybe Lily Song. Now I'll have to find another body for Evangeline when she comes in haha.

I'm glad you liked it (Black Lily)! I was going to suggest something like Lily Wong -- like the way it rolls off the tongue as a single word almost (and I realize East Asian practice would put the family name first) -- but that's probably Ada Wong breaking into my subconscious. I didn't suggest it, because I somehow assumed she would be Chinese and that Wong is not a very authentic rendition of a Chinese name (just looked it up, and it does appear it is a variant Romanization of names spelled Huang and Wang in Pinyin transcription).

9Help me name this character! Empty Re: Help me name this character! Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:58 pm

csyeung

csyeung
GubernatorFan wrote:

I'm glad you liked it (Black Lily)! I was going to suggest something like Lily Wong -- like the way it rolls off the tongue as a single word almost (and I realize East Asian practice would put the family name first) -- but that's probably Ada Wong breaking into my subconscious. I didn't suggest it, because I somehow assumed she would be Chinese and that Wong is not a very authentic rendition of a Chinese name (just looked it up, and it does appear it is a variant Romanization of names spelled Huang and Wang in Pinyin transcription).

Yes, Wong is popular, more with the cantonese chinese, I have cousins with that last name. In cantonese, the surname sounds like Wong, whereas in mandarin, it sounds more like Wang with an A vowel. Interesting fact is that the boots are from an ada wong set that i never used, haha (locomotive girl set. I think vs toys)

10Help me name this character! Empty Re: Help me name this character! Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:08 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
csyeung wrote:Yes, Wong is popular, more with the cantonese chinese, I have cousins with that last name. In cantonese, the surname sounds like Wong, whereas in mandarin, it sounds more like Wang with an A vowel. Interesting fact is that the boots are from an ada wong set that i never used, haha (locomotive girl set. I think vs toys)

LOL so maybe there was an Ada Wong connection! Yes, I realize that Wong is (or can be) Cantonese for Wang now. For all that I have long known that not everyone in China speaks the same Chinese, it's funny how standard Hanyu Pinyin transcriptions become ingrained in one's mind, to the point where I was actually doubting "Wong" was actually Chinese.

11Help me name this character! Empty Re: Help me name this character! Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:16 pm

csyeung

csyeung
GubernatorFan wrote:
LOL so maybe there was an Ada Wong connection! Yes, I realize that Wong is (or can be) Cantonese for Wang now. For all that I have long known that not everyone in China speaks the same Chinese, it's funny how standard Hanyu Pinyin transcriptions become ingrained in one's mind, to the point where I was actually doubting "Wong" was actually Chinese.  

Cantonese really was a more southern dialect and was popularized with the prominence of Hong Kong before '97. However with the rise of China's economy and Hong Kong reverting back, Cantonese has slowly been dying out. I fear within the next generation Cantonese will be a lost dialect Crying or Very sad . Very few people will know it. Mandarin has been prominent since the last time I visited Hong Kong which was close to 10 years ago I think.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum