OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

STAR WARS (Original Trilogy) Imperial Mechanical Crew (updated with Part II/fuer Ovy)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Ovy wrote:Wheeew sir awesome work, so glad you decided to realize our idea.

I think the plate and pads you chose might be the most realistic/accurate options, seeing that the swoopocycle cops wear the plates and pads and regular infantry also wears those pads. And shiny black like the helmet.
Striking a thermal detonator with a baseball bat, what could go wrong.

Push all the right buttons, haha. Reminds me of your amazon romantixploitatonn self publishing days.

And thanks for finding that ü. Laughing

Thank you, I'm very glad you like it. And that you approve of the choices I made. I was also thinking of adding shiny black knee pads, but (a) couldn't find them and (b) decided they will end up making the figure look too modern/present. Since there doesn't seem to be a "batter" designation in military terms, I called him a "slinger" although it is not exactly slinging as much as flinging (or batting) that he would be doing with those explosives. Smile Oh yeah, I haven't forgotten about that thread either (actually little sixth-scale hand-held pieces developed out of it have popped up here and there but no one has noticed, I think). It will eventually make a reappearance. As for the ü, anything for you bud! Smile But I didn't think it will show up properly in the URL so there I went with "ue".

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Nice to see where “Kyle” got his start. The new pics here, and the new photo story, are really cool — and a great way to show off his upgrades.

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:Nice to see where “Kyle” got his start. The new pics here, and the new photo story, are really cool — and a great way to show off his upgrades.

Thank you very much! I'm glad you liked them. Some upgrades were for accuracy, but the armor was non-canon, i.e., "Legends." Smile

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

Theboo-bomb

That's a great legends military police, death star military police? I'm sure he'll be busy keeping those troopers in line.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Theboo-bomb wrote:That's a great legends military police, death star military police? I'm sure he'll be busy keeping those troopers in line.

Military police was something I was thinking of, but not quite. I guess you didn't see the detailed explanation here:
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t3671-star-wars-the-accident-story-photo-heavy

Hope you like it.

ZombieTestSubject

This lived up to its promise and more. Plenty of attention to detail, tons of serious research, heck, a bona fide detective story. Cool and educational. The figure and its updated version are great, and look great next to the others. It's cool that such a background character got so much attention. Nice humor and fantasy upgrade at the end.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
ZombieTestSubject wrote:This lived up to its promise and more. Plenty of attention to detail, tons of serious research, heck, a bona fide detective story. Cool and educational. The figure and its updated version are great, and look great next to the others. It's cool that such a background character got so much attention. Nice humor and fantasy upgrade at the end.

Thank you for the kind words. I'm glad you liked it. I know most people wouldn't go into this much detail for a character (type) this obscure, but I needed to. Star Wars imperials are "my thing." Smile Glad you liked the funnies and non-canon experimentation, too.

ZombieTestSubject

Like i just wrote elsewhere, you guys are ruining me with all these cool non canon SW characters. But back to canon, how many of these are you going to make?

PickleMunkey

PickleMunkey
Augh they look so good!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
ZombieTestSubject wrote:Like i just wrote elsewhere, you guys are ruining me with all these cool non canon SW characters. But back to canon, how many of these are you going to make?

With Ian, it's anyone's guess. I would imagine a small army.  Male - STAR WARS (Original Trilogy) Imperial Mechanical Crew (updated with Part II/fuer Ovy) - Page 2 1f60f

Edit: Hey! Anyone else notice a whole barrage of new emojis for this site? (I wonder if it's only on a desktop/laptop...)

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Male - STAR WARS (Original Trilogy) Imperial Mechanical Crew (updated with Part II/fuer Ovy) - Page 2 C8485110

Ephiane

Ephiane
Wow... that´s really intresting. Thanks for the Information and the entertainment. As ever amazing figures !

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
ZombieTestSubject wrote:Like i just wrote elsewhere, you guys are ruining me with all these cool non canon SW characters. But back to canon, how many of these are you going to make?

Stryker2011 wrote:With Ian, it's anyone's guess. I would imagine a small army. Male - STAR WARS (Original Trilogy) Imperial Mechanical Crew (updated with Part II/fuer Ovy) - Page 2 1f60f

Thank you very much, I'm glad you liked it. I would love to do a bunch, or at least two (to suggest multiplicity). But I can't bear to alter another precious Sideshow AT-AT driver suit for either the rebel ground/hangar crewman or for a second imperial mechanical crewman. I might give the Hasbro AT-AT jumpsuits a try, although I expect their sleeves to be too short. Ever the perfectionist, I have done a third custom black helmet.

PickleMunkey wrote:Augh they look so good!

Thank you very much, I'm very glad you liked them.

Ephiane wrote:Wow... that´s really intresting. Thanks for the Information and the entertainment. As ever amazing figures !

Thank you very much, I'm glad you approve. I suppose it was a bit info heavy, wasn't it? Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum