OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE MANDALORIAN™ BOBA FETT™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (STANDARD & DELUXE)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
STAR WARS: THE MANDALORIAN™ BOBA FETT™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE

“I don't want your armor. I want my armor that you got from Cobb Vanth™ back on Tatooine™. It belongs to me.”

In the latest season of The Mandalorian, Star Wars fans were ecstatic to see the return of their beloved bounty hunter Boba Fett! Having survived the ordeal of the deadly Sarlacc pit on Tatooine, Boba Fett had set his sight to retrieve his legacy armor from the Mandalorian.

The Mandalorian collectible series from Hot Toys is expanding and we are thrilled to introduce the new 1/6th scale Boba Fett collectible figure from the acclaimed Lucasfilm series!

The figure features a meticulously crafted Mandalorian helmet and armor with distressed effects, his iconic jetpack with a detachable rocket and firing effect, skillfully tailored outfit, weapon firing effects, a blaster, a chain code effect accessory, and a rocky diorama display stand!

This collectible figure will destined to become an iconic piece in your Star Wars collection!
SPECIFICATIONS
PRODUCT CODETMS033
PRODUCT NAMEBOBA FETT™
HEIGHTAPPROXIMATELY 30 CM TALL
POINTS OF ARTICULATIONS30
SPECIAL FEATURESA NEWLY CRAFTED BATTLE DAMAGED HELMETED HEAD WITH ARTICULATED RANGEFINDER, CHAIN CODE EFFECT ACCESSORY
ARTISTSHEAD SCULPTED BY N/A
HEAD PAINTED BY N/A
HEAD ART DIRECTED BY N/A
The 1/6th scale Boba Fett™ Collectible Figure special features:

- Authentic and detailed likeness of Boba Fett in Star Wars: The Mandalorian
- A newly crafted battle damaged helmeted head with articulated rangefinder
- Specially applied distress effects on armor, weapons and accessories
- Body with over 30 points of articulations
- Approximately 30 cm tall
- Six (6) pieces of interchangeable gloved hands including:
- One (1) pair of fists
- One (1) pair of relaxed hands
- One (1) pistol holding right hand
- One (1) gesture right hand

Costume:
- One (1) Boba Fett’s Mandalorian armor and vest with distressed effects
- One (1) pair of brownish red gauntlets with weathering effects
- One (1) grayish black colored long sleeves shirt
- One (1) leather-like brown belt with ammo clips and pistol holster
- One (1) dark brown-black colored roped belt
- One (1) pair of brownish black colored pants
- One (1) pair of black colored boots
- One (1) yellow right knee guard with weathering effects

Weapon:
- One (1) pistol

Accessories:
- One (1) chain code effect accessory
- One (1) jetpack with distressed effects and detachable rocket
- Two (2) real-like thruster fire accessories (attachable to jetpack)
- One (1) firing effect accessory (attachable to rocket)
- One (1) flamethrower effect accessory (attachable to gauntlet)
- One (1) whistling bird effect accessory (attachable to knee guard)
- Specially designed rocky diorama figure stand

Release date: Approximately Q2 – Q3, 2022

*Prototype shown, final product may be slightly different
**Product details are subject to change without further notice

© & TM Lucasfilm Ltd.
© 2021 Hot Toys Limited. All Rights Reserved.

starwars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE MANDALORIAN™ BOBA FETT™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (STANDARD & DELUXE) 11431
starwars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE MANDALORIAN™ BOBA FETT™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (STANDARD & DELUXE) 2758
starwars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE MANDALORIAN™ BOBA FETT™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (STANDARD & DELUXE) 3490
starwars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE MANDALORIAN™ BOBA FETT™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (STANDARD & DELUXE) 4455
starwars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE MANDALORIAN™ BOBA FETT™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (STANDARD & DELUXE) 5433
starwars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE MANDALORIAN™ BOBA FETT™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (STANDARD & DELUXE) 6406
starwars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE MANDALORIAN™ BOBA FETT™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (STANDARD & DELUXE) 7392
starwars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE MANDALORIAN™ BOBA FETT™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (STANDARD & DELUXE) 8372
starwars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE MANDALORIAN™ BOBA FETT™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (STANDARD & DELUXE) 9357
starwars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE MANDALORIAN™ BOBA FETT™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (STANDARD & DELUXE) 10337
starwars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE MANDALORIAN™ BOBA FETT™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (STANDARD & DELUXE) 11432
starwars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE MANDALORIAN™ BOBA FETT™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (STANDARD & DELUXE) 12300
starwars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE MANDALORIAN™ BOBA FETT™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (STANDARD & DELUXE) 13282
starwars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE MANDALORIAN™ BOBA FETT™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (STANDARD & DELUXE) 14259
starwars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE MANDALORIAN™ BOBA FETT™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (STANDARD & DELUXE) 15241
starwars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE MANDALORIAN™ BOBA FETT™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (STANDARD & DELUXE) 16223
starwars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE MANDALORIAN™ BOBA FETT™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (STANDARD & DELUXE) 17211

STAR WARS: THE MANDALORIAN™ BOBA FETT™ (DELUXE VERSION) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE

“I'm a simple man making his way through the galaxy. Like my father before me.”

Star Wars fans were overjoyed to witness the return of the Boba Fett, one of the most feared characters in the Star Wars galaxy! Thought to have met his demise in the terrifying Sarlacc pit on Tatooine™, Boba Fett is striking back. In exchange for his legacy armor from the possession of the Mandalorian, Boba Fett ensured the Child’s safety and proved to be a formidable ally in Din Djarin’s™ rescue of the mysterious alien foundling.

Now Hot Toys is elated to expand The Mandalorian collectible series and proudly presents the brand new 1/6th scale Boba Fett (Deluxe Version) collectible set featuring the appearance of the formidable bounty hunter in black robe and in his iconic armor!

The armored Boba Fett figure features meticulously crafted Mandalorian helmet and armor with distressed effects, his iconic jetpack with a detachable rocket and firing effect, weapon firing effects, a blaster, a chain code effect accessory, and a rocky diorama display stand!

The Deluxe Version depicts Boba Fett’s appearance before the retrieval of his armor and highlights include a newly developed head sculpt with stunning likeness, masterfully tailored black robe outfit, a gaffi stick, a cycler rifle, a damaged stormtrooper helmet, and a uniquely styled rocky diorama display stand.

The Boba Fett collectible figure (Deluxe Version) from The Mandalorian will be a legendary enhancement to any Star Wars collection!
SPECIFICATIONS
PRODUCT CODETMS034
PRODUCT NAMEBOBA FETT™ (DELUXE VERSION)
HEIGHTAPPROXIMATELY 30 CM TALL
POINTS OF ARTICULATIONS30
SPECIAL FEATURESNEWLY DEVELOPED HEAD SCULPT, GRAYISH BLACK ROBE, GAFFI STICK
ARTISTSHEAD SCULPTED BY N/A
HEAD PAINTED BY N/A
HEAD ART DIRECTED BY N/A
The 1/6th scale Boba FettTM Collectible Figure special features:
- Authentic and detailed likeness of Boba Fett in Star Wars: The Mandalorian
- A newly crafted battle damaged helmeted head with articulated rangefinder
- Specially applied distress effects on armor, weapons and accessories
- Six (6) pieces of interchangeable gloved hands including:
- One (1) pair of fists
- One (1) gesture right hand

Costume:
- One (1) Boba Fett’s Mandalorian armor and vest with distressed effects
- One (1) pair of brownish red gauntlets with weathering effects

Weapon:
- One (1) pistol

Accessories:
- One (1) chain code effect accessory
- One (1) jetpack with distressed effects and detachable rocket
- Two (2) real-like thruster fire accessories (attachable to jetpack)
- One (1) firing effect accessory (attachable to rocket)
- One (1) flamethrower effect accessory (attachable to gauntlet)
- One (1) whistling bird effect accessory (attachable to knee guard)
- Specially designed rocky diorama figure stand

The following parts are exclusive to DELUXE VERSION:
- Authentic and detailed likeness of Temuera Morrison as Boba Fett in Star Wars: The Mandalorian
- Newly developed head sculpt with highly-accurate facial expression, detailed wrinkles, and skin texture
- Five (5) pieces of interchangeable gloved hands including:
- One (1) pair of hands for holding weapons
- Each piece of head sculpt is specially hand-painted

Costume:
- One (1) grayish black colored robe (with bendable wire)
- One (1) pair of grayish black colored arm wraps
- One (1) brownish black colored vest

Weapons:
- One (1) gaffi stick
- One (1) cycle rifle with strap
- One (1) pistol

Accessories:
- One (1) damaged Stormtrooper helmet
- One (1) Jango Fett hologram figure
- Newly designed diorama figure stand

Release date: Approximately Q2 – Q3, 2022

*Prototype shown, final product may be slightly different
**Product details are subject to change without further notice

© & TM Lucasfilm Ltd.
© 2021 Hot Toys Limited. All Rights Reserved.

starwars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE MANDALORIAN™ BOBA FETT™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (STANDARD & DELUXE) 11433
starwars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE MANDALORIAN™ BOBA FETT™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (STANDARD & DELUXE) 2759
starwars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE MANDALORIAN™ BOBA FETT™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (STANDARD & DELUXE) 3491
starwars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE MANDALORIAN™ BOBA FETT™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (STANDARD & DELUXE) 4456
starwars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE MANDALORIAN™ BOBA FETT™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (STANDARD & DELUXE) 5434
starwars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE MANDALORIAN™ BOBA FETT™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (STANDARD & DELUXE) 6407
starwars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE MANDALORIAN™ BOBA FETT™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (STANDARD & DELUXE) 7393
starwars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE MANDALORIAN™ BOBA FETT™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (STANDARD & DELUXE) 8373
starwars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE MANDALORIAN™ BOBA FETT™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (STANDARD & DELUXE) 9358
starwars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE MANDALORIAN™ BOBA FETT™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (STANDARD & DELUXE) 10338
starwars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE MANDALORIAN™ BOBA FETT™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (STANDARD & DELUXE) 11434
starwars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE MANDALORIAN™ BOBA FETT™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (STANDARD & DELUXE) 12301
starwars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE MANDALORIAN™ BOBA FETT™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (STANDARD & DELUXE) 13283
starwars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE MANDALORIAN™ BOBA FETT™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (STANDARD & DELUXE) 14260
starwars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE MANDALORIAN™ BOBA FETT™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (STANDARD & DELUXE) 15242
starwars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE MANDALORIAN™ BOBA FETT™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (STANDARD & DELUXE) 16224
starwars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE MANDALORIAN™ BOBA FETT™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (STANDARD & DELUXE) 17212
starwars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE MANDALORIAN™ BOBA FETT™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (STANDARD & DELUXE) 18197
starwars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE MANDALORIAN™ BOBA FETT™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (STANDARD & DELUXE) 19177
starwars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE MANDALORIAN™ BOBA FETT™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (STANDARD & DELUXE) 20144
starwars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE MANDALORIAN™ BOBA FETT™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (STANDARD & DELUXE) 21176
starwars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE MANDALORIAN™ BOBA FETT™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (STANDARD & DELUXE) 22154
starwars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE MANDALORIAN™ BOBA FETT™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (STANDARD & DELUXE) 23137
starwars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE MANDALORIAN™ BOBA FETT™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (STANDARD & DELUXE) 24120
starwars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE MANDALORIAN™ BOBA FETT™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (STANDARD & DELUXE) 25111
starwars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE MANDALORIAN™ BOBA FETT™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (STANDARD & DELUXE) 26102
starwars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE MANDALORIAN™ BOBA FETT™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (STANDARD & DELUXE) 2760
starwars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE MANDALORIAN™ BOBA FETT™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (STANDARD & DELUXE) 2847

#newproduct #HotToys #StarWars #Mandalorian #BobaFett #male #Sci-Fi #Disney+

Valiarde

Valiarde
Saw this yesterday on fb...i think the head looks fantastic. You need to buy the double pack though I think. Looks great overall.
Are you getting this Stryker or anybody else or not into Mandalorian based figures (this one works for original SW too i think)?

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Yes. You need to buy the 2 pack to get the reveal head -- sadly it has sold out/wait-listed already at most retailers -- and it just was revealed like yesterday (or the day before -- WTF?!!!).

He who dies with the most toys wins!

starwars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE MANDALORIAN™ BOBA FETT™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (STANDARD & DELUXE) C8485110

Skippy

I ordered the Deluxe a little while ago when it went up in the FB group of the UK retailer who I got the VTS Arthur Morgan from. The price was far better than I expected, and pretty much matches the quoted shipped price from KG Hobby - which I expect KGH will increase due to the potential weight of the set.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Jesus, enough with the violence against Stormtroopers! Other than that, stunning sets. I haven't watched any Mandalorian so I don't know how it compares to what was seen onscreen (although HT is pretty good about accuracy), but the weathered armor looks great, and the aged head amazing. Of course, one hopes the final product matches. Lets hope they will realize there will be plenty of demand and make more batches for those who want to get it.

Skippy

Stryker2011 wrote:Yes. You need to buy the 2 pack to get the reveal head -- sadly it has sold out/wait-listed already at most retailers -- and it just was revealed like yesterday (or the day before -- WTF?!!!).

Along with selling out at numerous places, did you also notice that Sideshow raised their price from $490 to $495 yesterday?

Never known them do that before.

OneSixthKit listed him this morning for $540 (including delivery as usual). He's normally a bit more than KGH for Hot Toys, but I think his packaging is better.

The crazy thing is that Kit's price at the current conversion rate is identical to the UK group price I got (£385 including delivery). I was intending to order from the UK anyway since this is going to be a very heavy set and might get picked on by customs. (That's not always the case though, as the massive four-figure Blitzway Ghostbusters set from Hong Kong sailed through customs in record time).

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
It doesn’t surprise me that Sideshow jacked up the price — those people are disgusting. It also seems as if they are intentionally not allowing other North American retailers to get a fair allotment of Hot Toys, just so those scumbags can pull crap like that — not to mention their usual gross over inflated “shipping”.

starwars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE MANDALORIAN™ BOBA FETT™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (STANDARD & DELUXE) C8485110

Skippy

Stryker2011 wrote:It doesn’t surprise me that Sideshow jacked up the price — those people are disgusting. It also seems as if they are intentionally not allowing other North American retailers to get a fair allotment of Hot Toys, just so those scumbags can pull crap like that — not to mention their usual gross over inflated “shipping”.

I went off Sideshow as a company when the Jon Deak / Susan thing happened.

All their social media is just glorified shopping channels under the guise of shared fandom, and their 'fans' are so sickeningly subservient and defensive of the company.  

Sideshow have also tried a few times to crack down on Hong Kong retailers selling out of their region, so they can be the sole distributor for Europe. Wouldn't be so bad if Sideshow still had a European warehouse and distribution network.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Yep, I’m right there with you about the John/Susan situation. Appalling, but not surprising. A lot of their decisions are pretty crap — like their new “policy” regarding their Reward Points.

Skippy

Stryker2011 wrote:Yep, I’m right there with you about the John/Susan situation. Appalling, but not surprising. A lot of their decisions are pretty crap — like their new “policy” regarding their Reward Points.

Yes, the Reward Point change is no good. I collect points when they give them out as I rarely buy anything from them due to the cost of shipping, tax and duty. But you need to collect a lot of them just to overcome those extra charges before you actually start making any savings.

On the subject of points, their loyal fans are always quick if somebody happens to complain on Facebook that the system failed to work, points didn't add etc. Yet Sideshow don't do this out of the goodness of their hearts. It's just part of their marketing strategy. They're clawing the discounts back with their prices and their inflated shipping costs.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
Say What? That unmasked head is arguably one of the most realistic sculpts I've ever seen (if someone came across one of those pics without context, no one would doubt it was anything other than a photo of an actual person). So, HT makes it so that it's only available on the back end of a premium two figure purchase, and you aren't going to see one without laying out $490+. Not too manipulative or anything. (Yet people seem to be complaining mostly about Sideshow's distribution irritations, and giving HT a pass on this marketing price gouge).

I am detecting a disturbing trend. Used to be that these high-end 1/6 figures were darn expensive, but at least, relatively consistent in each manufacture's price tier. You could assume that each figure, particularly each sculpt, represented the manufacturer's unqualified best work, though other factors like accessories, materials etc could push up the asking price of an individual figure. But now we may be heading for a two-tier system where the regular figures only get "B level" sculpts, and if you want to see their "A game," it costs extra. Like, you're out of pocket $490 before you can get this Boba Fett head in hand. Or Asmus wants $370 for a "Crown Series" Gandalf, which isn't quantitatively different from what would be a $230 Asmus Gandalf, but the paint apps etc are more rigorously applied. In each case, the sculpts may even be worth the extra price -- but it's disturbing if the regular priced figures are in the process of becoming second-class citizens.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Oh, I’m not arguing the point about the price-gouging from Hot Toys, or any other company for that matter, MBAM — the discussion came about due to the fact that Sideshow holds the Distribution license for All of North America for Ht, and this figure sold out at “other retailers” in a matter of 2 days basically because the scumbags at Sideshow want to have a stranglehold on what they are willing to let said retailers have. There have been numerous threads, posts, etc., across the many boards of the ridiculous cost-to-benefit ratio of products. I just recently saw a 1/6 scale tank listed for $2900! That’s absolutely insane - and could go towards an actual used car instead of a stupid toy. Frankly, this hobby is getting harder and harder on a good day to even justify considering how grossly over-priced 99% of this crap actually is.

And, as far as this particular set is concerned, I actually don’t have any interest in it — the price being one of the main reasons; I was just pointing out what a crap situation it is for people who may actually want the damn thing, who are now forced to have to go through one of the worst companies, with some of fairly unscrupulous business practices, to be able to achieve that goal.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
Stryker2011 wrote:Oh, I’m not arguing the point about the price-gouging from Hot Toys, or any other company for that matter, MBAM — the discussion came about due to the fact that Sideshow holds the Distribution license for All of North America for Ht, and this figure sold out at “other retailers” in a matter of 2 days basically because the scumbags at Sideshow want to have a stranglehold on what they are willing to let said retailers have. There have been numerous threads, posts, etc., across the many boards of the ridiculous cost-to-benefit ratio of products. I just recently saw a 1/6 scale tank listed for $2900! That’s absolutely insane - and could go towards an actual used car instead of a stupid toy. Frankly, this hobby is getting harder and harder on a good day to even justify considering how grossly over-priced 99% of this crap actually is.

And, as far as this particular set is concerned, I actually don’t have any interest in it — the price being one of the main reasons; I was just pointing out what a crap situation it is for people who may actually want the damn thing, who are now forced to have to go through one of the worst companies, with some of fairly unscrupulous business practices, to be able to achieve that goal.

My apologies Stryker2011, I was in no way being critical about the discussion re Sideshow, sorry if I came across that way. I just noted that nobody really called out HT on what they did here, which is manipulative, and different generally from just making things too expensive etc. This could so easily have been marketed the "normal" way, like the Chitauri, Han & Chewie etc, with two individual figures at $250 each, or a combo pack at $495 with an extra bonus gun or something. But no -- the extra quality headsculpt collects the premium money. My point wasn't specifically about this figure, or even SW, or even HT per se, hence I included Asmus. I was predicting more "two-tier pricing." I wonder if I will reread this post in 2022 and laugh, and cry.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Moonbase Alpha Male wrote:My apologies Stryker2011, I was in no way being critical about the discussion re Sideshow, sorry if I came across that way.  I just noted that nobody really called out HT on what they did here, which is manipulative, and different generally from just making things too expensive etc.  This could so easily have been marketed the "normal" way, like the Chitauri, Han & Chewie etc, with two individual figures at $250 each, or a combo pack at $495 with an extra bonus gun or something.  But no -- the extra quality headsculpt collects the premium money.  My point wasn't specifically about this figure, or even SW, or even HT per se, hence I included Asmus.  I was predicting more "two-tier pricing."  I wonder if I will reread this post in 2022 and laugh, and cry.

No worries. I wasn't particularly offended. Honestly, pretty much everything to do with HT (and Howard Chan specifically) have largely turned me off of that company altogether -- It's just unfortunate that they still manage to make items that I'm interested in, otherwise, they would never get another dime from me. The above idea of two individual figures would have been a nice compromise, but as HT becomes more mainstream (at least for "celebrities") -- the less likely Howard will ever make a decision to benefit more fans of "humble means", as he seems to be more focused on how to attract only millionaires to his products.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Okay, I'll admit it -- I'm a massive hypocrite. For all my bitching and complaining about the price, and the "no desire" for this figure, the more I saw in-hand pics, the more I thought it would be a cool set; and it is -- it's actually really awesome. So many accessories and different options for this guy. And the revealed head sculpt is really impressive (so many subtle details in the scarring on his head and face). Here's a couple quick pics after I set him/them up the way I want. (P.S. -- I still don't like the cost.)

starwars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE MANDALORIAN™ BOBA FETT™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (STANDARD & DELUXE) _dsc3715

Moved the upper spot a little closer to helmeted Fett to show off the helmet more.

starwars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE MANDALORIAN™ BOBA FETT™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (STANDARD & DELUXE) _dsc3716

Ovy

Ovy
Wow, he/they look great. Don't let Gubernator see it though.
And Stryker, you can still try to tell yourself that you want to honor the work of the artists who invented this iconic character, portrayed him, created the props and designed, sculpted and manufactured the beautiful 1/6 version, rather than the bosses and marketing department, haha.

Will you use him as the real Boba or put him in your Strykerverse for an aging clone trooper or something?

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I actually don't know, Ovy. I also have the Repaint version (deluxe set with throne) on PO, so I might actually use that one for my Strykerverse, and leave this one; I can't decide. I'll wait until I get the other one in hand and then decide. I can see using the "Shaolin Monk" unmasked Boba as something other than The Fett, or as a "undercover" Fett/Bounty Hunter (I don't really have a super attachment to anything Disney has done thus far with Star Wars (I have the Mandalorian 2-pack with Grogu already, and the newer version with the full Beskar armor on PO, which -- much like this set, not sure if it will stay as "The Mandalorian" or some of it become part of the Strykerverse). I have so many ideas buzzing around in my head, and I don't have any idea if I'll have the time or ability to do anything (I'm still gathering figures, heads, parts, etc. for the Strykerverse, and for more Western figures -- I made a list of all the characters I'd like to see for the Western thing [so far up to 26 characters], using a variety of figures that I already have. Plus, the characters for my wife's book that I need to finish up. I'm starting to think I have ADHD since I can't seem to focus for too long on any one project.)

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Gubernator has seen it and approved (except for the implied violence to stormtroopers, of course). Smile They look great, Mark. Sounds like you will have enough Bobas and Mandalorians to put together a team. Even I picked up the unmasked head when I saw it parted out.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
We’ll see. Very Happy

The unmasked head sculpt is indeed a thing of beauty. Here are some awesome outdoor photos from Pizza over at The Freaks:

starwars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE MANDALORIAN™ BOBA FETT™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (STANDARD & DELUXE) 390a8010
starwars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE MANDALORIAN™ BOBA FETT™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (STANDARD & DELUXE) 06634110
starwars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE MANDALORIAN™ BOBA FETT™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (STANDARD & DELUXE) 0fca4910
starwars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE MANDALORIAN™ BOBA FETT™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (STANDARD & DELUXE) 2e7ced10
starwars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE MANDALORIAN™ BOBA FETT™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (STANDARD & DELUXE) 1e622a10
starwars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE MANDALORIAN™ BOBA FETT™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (STANDARD & DELUXE) 3d316210
starwars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE MANDALORIAN™ BOBA FETT™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (STANDARD & DELUXE) 68bf8510
starwars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE MANDALORIAN™ BOBA FETT™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (STANDARD & DELUXE) 2d480d10
starwars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE MANDALORIAN™ BOBA FETT™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (STANDARD & DELUXE) 58dc5510
starwars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: THE MANDALORIAN™ BOBA FETT™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE (STANDARD & DELUXE) E76be410

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
These are awesome indeed. It is difficult to see it so expressively even in hand.

Ovy

Ovy
Jeez they look like behind the scenes photos from the film set, beautiful.

Oh and Stryker, you could one day put a Clint Eastwood head on your Mandalorian or Boba and give him a Poncho.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Ovy wrote:Oh and Stryker, you could one day put a Clint Eastwood head on your Mandalorian or Boba and give him a Poncho.

Very Happy (What an awesome idea!)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum