OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Jakks Pacific Big Fig Evolution Batman with 20+ points of articulation

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Alanjg1

Alanjg1
I apologize since this is not 1/6 but I though it was really cool and wanted to share it with you guys.  

While home with a cold I was searching through Amazon's site and came up with a fantastic discovery.

It looks like Jakks Pacific will be introducing figures with 20+ points of articulation instead of the usual 7 points in their Big Fig line.

I am thinking this will be a SDCC announcement that was put up early on Amazon.

From the Amazon listing I am guessing the line will be called Big Figs Evolution.  
When Neca started a few comic Marvel figures I was hoping they would then do DC comic style figures that has yet to become a reality. This will also be considerably less expensive the Neca.  Truthfully I like a lot of of the Big Fig head sculpts more than I do Necas.

The first will most likely be this Batman from Rebirth.  Not my favorite Batman look but this does look quite nice and I am definitely pick it up.  This is showing not yet available but I placed an order anyway.

Batman has coming book shading which looks cool.  It seems to have ball jointed hips, shoulders (and possibly head), rocker ankles, and articulation at the elbows, upper biceps, knees and wrists which the Big Figs previously did not.  Big Figs generally have 7 points of articulation so this is a nice increase.  They only negative are the Jakks body screw holes which are now at more places than just the back of the figure.
If they release a Superman I have a Jakks Tribute Superman with cloth costume that I would happily transfer to this type of figure (which will cover the holes).  Not a fan of the way the cape attaches but I think it is an improvement over having holes in his chest that the cape plugs into.

The listing says it comes with 7 accessories and I am hoping for swap out hands.

Here is a picture of Batman:
Jakks Pacific Big Fig Evolution Batman with 20+ points of articulation  81xpXyBsaXL._SL1500_

Here is the Amazon link:
https://www.amazon.com/DC-Universe-Theatrical-Rebirth-Accessories/dp/B07BZZ6TBF/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1528575974&sr=8-7&keywords=big%20fig%20batman&tag=viglink20786-20

I am hoping for a Superman and Green Lantern next.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Hmm, interesting. So what scale is this? And is the shading painted on?

Alanjg1

Alanjg1
GubernatorFan wrote:Hmm, interesting. So what scale is this? And is the shading painted on?

1/4 Scale and the shading is painted on.  

They did a Neal Adams 1970's style Tribute Series Batman with this shading before but I like this one more.
The Tribute one had too much shading on the face for my taste.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Cool. Thanks for the clarification. I like the look, but I am confused why, if this is 1/4 scale, they would feel the need to paint on the shading. I mean, this is clearly three-dimensional and well-articulated.

Alanjg1

Alanjg1
I hear you.  I guess it is to give it a comic book feel. Personally I am fine with or without the shading.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
It really isn't that bad -- just a little odd, and reminds me a bit of Lego minifigs. Smile

shazzdan

shazzdan
Interesting effect. I had trouble determining whether it was an action figure, a 3D rendered image, or just a painting.

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Great looking figure but it's not fair, I have several Jakks Pacific Big Figs of Wonder Woman figures and they only have 5 points of articulation. LOL

JohnByng

Negative Nellie Alert!!!!

Why 1/4 scale? If this was 1/12 then I could understand the painted shading but surely in 1/4 it stands out a bit too much? Maybe they should have tried to do the whole thing in paint as per the original comic: a 3D figure but with shaded face and body?

And why so much articulation on something so artsy? I can see some appeal in it but not enough to make me buy it.

Alanjg1

Alanjg1
My guess is that Jakks Pacific thinks the shading gives it a high end appearance.
Personally I can take or leave the shading.

I would have preferred a cloth costume like the Big Fig Tribute Superman.
The only negative I have with Superman is the lack of articulation and cape attachment which has been a running issue I have with these figures.
Jakks Pacific Big Fig Evolution Batman with 20+ points of articulation  Img_0010

I have a few Big Figs and the lack of articulation always bothered me.
The articulation on this new Batman pushed me over the edge and turned this into an instant buy for me.

Hoping this is the first in a line of Big Figs with 20+ points of articulation.
Wish it was 1/6 but I am sure they don't have a license to do that.
I think we'll learn more ar SDCC.

Alanjg1

Alanjg1
Just a little update on the Jakks Pacific Big Fig Evolution Rebirth Batman with 20+ points of articulation

Amazon cancelled my preorder with the statement below:
Hello,
Due to a lack of availability, we will not be able to obtain the following item(s) from your order:
"DC Universe Theatrical Batman Rebirth Action Figure, 8 Pieces, (1 Batman & 7 Accessories), Gray, 19-Inch BIG-FIG"
We've canceled the item(s) and apologize for the inconvenience. We must also apologize for the length of time it has taken us to reach this conclusion.

All is not lost though, I contacted Jakks Pacific and received the following reply:
We apologize for the inconvenience or dissatisfaction this may have cause, I was able to look into this matter and the figure you are inquiring about will be available at Target and Target.com in November. I hope you find this information helpful if you have any questions feel free to contact me.

Looks like I'll be checking out Target and Target.com in November Smile

Jakks Pacific Big Fig Evolution Batman with 20+ points of articulation  81xpXyBsaXL._SL1500_

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum