OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Star Trek TOS Custom 1/6 Action Figures

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

46Star Trek TOS Custom 1/6 Action Figures - Page 3 Empty Re: Star Trek TOS Custom 1/6 Action Figures Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:37 pm

Stryker2011

Founding Father
At this point, I have no idea where to get insignia, etc. for costumes. Looking forward to seeing more of your creations. I really wish Nanjin would consider making loose uniform kits, but he already expressed that there isn’t any money in it (for the manufacturer) to justify. Years ago smcgcustoms had made OT uniforms (for the women), but not sure if he still does. You could always check his site, as they periodically pop up from time to time — though I’m not sure if they come with insignia.

47Star Trek TOS Custom 1/6 Action Figures - Page 3 Empty Re: Star Trek TOS Custom 1/6 Action Figures Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:55 am

koloth

Onesixthscaleking does the Star Trek delta but no rank braids. Will have to make it by my own.

tankgirlfuzzy

I'm really impressed by your custom outfits, they are just excellent and beautifully done. Care to share any process secrets? Are these machine sewed, hand stitched, glued...? 

TOS will always be the true Star Trek for me. 

BTW I recommend Fire Girl seamless pantyhose, which I used on some recent projects. I think you can find them on ebay, where I found mine.

49Star Trek TOS Custom 1/6 Action Figures - Page 3 Empty Re: Star Trek TOS Custom 1/6 Action Figures Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:30 am

koloth

tankgirlfuzzy wrote:I'm really impressed by your custom outfits, they are just excellent and beautifully done. Care to share any process secrets? Are these machine sewed, hand stitched, glued...? 

TOS will always be the true Star Trek for me. 

BTW I recommend Fire Girl seamless pantyhose, which I used on some recent projects. I think you can find them on ebay, where I found mine.

Hi Tank Girl
Thank you very much!
Yes I share my process secrets. In fact, I shared them already on Hobby talk. You may ask me any question.
Klingon Mara's costum was quite complicated, I mean finding the right fabrics in 1/6 scale was one thing, put it together was another big issue. In fact, the costume needed to be glued. On the other hand Tonia Barrows, the yeoman in the red Enterprise tunic, is sewed.
Thanks for the pantyhose recommendation, I'll try, although I am quite happy to have digged another pair of the pantyhose my Romulan commander wears, very fine mesh, not easy to find (bought 2 pairs from Asia, 1 was right, the other not - having larger mesh, Tonia Barrows is still wearing one with larger mesh, soon to be replaced) but very good looking. I'll share pics of it later when finishing Mira Romaine.

50Star Trek TOS Custom 1/6 Action Figures - Page 3 Empty Transporter Pad of Deep Space Station K-7 Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:25 pm

koloth

koloth
Star Trek TOS Custom 1/6 Action Figures - Page 3 Transporter-pad-et-jpg

51Star Trek TOS Custom 1/6 Action Figures - Page 3 Empty Re: Star Trek TOS Custom 1/6 Action Figures Thu Mar 03, 2022 11:45 pm

DJ

DJ
Absolutely incredible! There is a seller on "Shapeways" that sells pretty good 1/6 scale 3D printed phaser 2s (with removeable hand phaser), communicators that open, and tricorders with flip open tops if you need landing party equipment. They are kit form and require assembly and paint.

https://www.shapeways.com/product/4C2ZC39NM/1-6-original-series-flip-radios-x4-fud?optionId=56353936&li=shops

52Star Trek TOS Custom 1/6 Action Figures - Page 3 Empty Re: Star Trek TOS Custom 1/6 Action Figures Fri Mar 04, 2022 12:32 am

DJ

DJ
koloth wrote:I am going to build part of the auxiliary control room (shown in different episodes like The Changeling, Way To Eden, Doomsday Machine).

I need a wallpaper of the wall with instruments behind the grill - see the yellow arrow on the pic.

Star Trek TOS Custom 1/6 Action Figures - Page 3 5jq53mhv

Anyone know where to find it? Thank you.

Did you check evilbay? I have seen Trek backdrops for 1/6 there.

koloth

koloth
Actually I did find something, a still from one of the TOS episodes. Right now I am not certain to build the Auxiliary control room, it is rather spacy, maybe I would rather build the Emergency manual monitor room. It is small and ... needs a backdrop wallpaper, too.

koloth

koloth
DJ wrote:Absolutely incredible! There is a seller on "Shapeways" that sells pretty good 1/6 scale 3D printed phaser 2s (with removeable hand phaser), communicators that open, and tricorders with flip open tops if you need landing party equipment. They are kit form and require assembly and paint.

https://www.shapeways.com/product/4C2ZC39NM/1-6-original-series-flip-radios-x4-fud?optionId=56353936&li=shops

Thank you very much. My Nanjin Tam QMx Star Trek TOS figures are equipped with their landing party stuff, not to be seen on the pic above.

davidd

davidd
Nice work with the tribble transporter, my dear Captain Koloth! cheers

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I agree, nice work.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Very cool transporter area. Those damn space rabbits multiply too quickly. Very Happy

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Star Trek TOS Custom 1/6 Action Figures - Page 3 C8485110

58Star Trek TOS Custom 1/6 Action Figures - Page 3 Empty Re: Star Trek TOS Custom 1/6 Action Figures Fri Mar 04, 2022 10:44 am

Diana

Diana
Koloth! What a classic, that is awesome!! Very Happy

59Star Trek TOS Custom 1/6 Action Figures - Page 3 Empty Re: Star Trek TOS Custom 1/6 Action Figures Mon Mar 07, 2022 11:48 pm

koloth

koloth
Thank y‘all! Very encouraging!

DJ

DJ
koloth wrote:Thank you Stryker2011. I think Mudd's women are no big deal to create. The costumes are quite easy to do.

Take a look here (not the best figures, but anyway): you tu  be com/watch?v=AjfozeFLHqE

You like the classic Klingons? Here is another pic of Koloth, this time with commander's sash (although he never wore one in TOS). Just to please you.

Star Trek TOS Custom 1/6 Action Figures - Page 3 Ictxf96i

I like this guy the best. I would really love to see some close ups of that fine disrupter and belt buckle. I remember reading that on the original series the Klingon buckles were cut bubble wrap painted gold.

koloth

koloth
Well, I made the buckle of golf paper and glued tiny rhinestones on it. The disruptor is made of plastic and metal. Let me see what pics I can make to show you the details.

koloth

koloth
Star Trek TOS Custom 1/6 Action Figures - Page 3 Koloth10

koloth

koloth
Hi DJ! Here is a pic of the buckle (original), one of my 1/6 scale buckle and another one of the 1/6 scale disruptor. Hope that's what you were expecting.

Star Trek TOS Custom 1/6 Action Figures - Page 3 27631c10
Star Trek TOS Custom 1/6 Action Figures - Page 3 Img_9211
Star Trek TOS Custom 1/6 Action Figures - Page 3 Img_9210

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Man, I hope we get at least one male & one female TOS Klingon from Exo-6 (though you already have them covered, Koloth). Excellent work on the outfit.

koloth

koloth
Stryker2011 wrote:Man, I hope we get at least one male & one female TOS Klingon from Exo-6 (though you already have them covered, Koloth). Excellent work on the outfit.

Right, but not only Klingons! Romulans is a must, too! There are so many TOS characters I'm desperately waiting for, but Exo-6 is concentrating more on subsequent shows.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Well, at least they announced (and it looks to be releasing soon) the Mirror Spock. But, it would be nice to get a few more characters from TOS (I’m hoping Uhura gets announced soon). I’m a little bummed we’re going to be getting another Picard before any of the TOS; I mean, I get it, Nanjin’s probably under contractual obligation to cater to the current stuff, but I can’t help but feel the TOS is getting the short end of the stick.

67Star Trek TOS Custom 1/6 Action Figures - Page 3 Empty Re: Star Trek TOS Custom 1/6 Action Figures Wed Mar 09, 2022 12:12 am

davidd

davidd
Stryker2011 wrote:... but I can’t help but feel the TOS is getting the short end of the stick.

Much as it pains me to suggest this, I think the original Star Trek has "aged out" of the pop-culture consciousness. It's been fifty-two years since the original series went off the air. Yes, it's been running in syndicated reruns ever since, but how many years has it been now since kids would race home from school to watch shows on after-school TV like I did? It's been a decade or more since streaming, DVDs, and video games took over from watching TV; more like twenty or thirty years, if you factor in video games. I think you'd be hard-pressed to find anyone under the age of 50 (I'm being generous; I believe the real number would be closer to 60) who names TOS as their favorite Star Trek franchise or who can name even the three main characters. In fact, it would not surprise me if most people under the age of mid-40s have never even seen an original series episode.

Even the Next Gen fans are getting older, but they're probably still at the tail end of their collecting years, and at the peak of their earnings years. I won't hold my breath when it comes to too many more Next Gen figs, though. Picard has had the most staying power of all those characters, even meriting a spin-off series a few years back. Which other Next Gen character would you release if it were your company? Not which one do you like or would you like to see, but which one do you think would sell enough to be worthwhile? How much of a market is out there for Dr. Crusher, or Guinan, or Wesley?

koloth

koloth
davidd wrote:
Stryker2011 wrote:... but I can’t help but feel the TOS is getting the short end of the stick.

Much as it pains me to suggest this, I think the original Star Trek has "aged out" of the pop-culture consciousness. It's been fifty-two years since the original series went off the air. Yes, it's been running in syndicated reruns ever since, but how many years has it been now since kids would race home from school to watch shows on after-school TV like I did? It's been a decade or more since streaming, DVDs, and video games took over from watching TV; more like twenty or thirty years, if you factor in video games. I think you'd be hard-pressed to find anyone under the age of 50 (I'm being generous; I believe the real number would be closer to 60) who names TOS as their favorite Star Trek franchise or who can name even the three main characters. In fact, it would not surprise me if most people under the age of mid-40s have never even seen an original series episode.

Even the Next Gen fans are getting older, but they're probably still at the tail end of their collecting years, and at the peak of their earnings years. I won't hold my breath when it comes to too many more Next Gen figs, though. Picard has had the most staying power of all those characters, even meriting a spin-off series a few years back. Which other Next Gen character would you release if it were your company? Not which one do you like or would you like to see, but which one do you think would sell enough to be worthwhile? How much of  a market is out there for Dr. Crusher, or Guinan, or Wesley?

Good observation! However, Exo 6 claims to « build » a Star Trek Museum of figures, so TOS remains a « must », probably limited to the core characters. Yet other companies do Romulans or so, it all depends onthe sales figures. NanjinTam is a TOS buff so there is still hope.

69Star Trek TOS Custom 1/6 Action Figures - Page 3 Empty Re: Star Trek TOS Custom 1/6 Action Figures Wed Mar 09, 2022 10:51 am

Diana

Diana
I am 42 and I watched a LOT of the original series and didn't even like Next Generation. It felt too... stiff. But then came the Tasha Yar episode and I knew this was something special. When I first saw Q I was hooked.

I don't intend to start collection Star Trek, but after Picard, Q and Data to me Tasha Yar, Worf and Guinan would definitely be interesting.

Kirk, Spock, Bones, Scotty, Uhura, Chekov, Sulu. If I had tons of money and tons of space I'd get all of them. Together with Q. And yes, some aliens would make the shelf complete, especially with that iconic humanoid lizard. And the captain's chair of course.  Very Happy

davidd

davidd
Diana wrote: especially with that iconic humanoid lizard.

Okay... Kirk fighting the Gorn - that would be an epic 2-pack figure set for somebody to issue! bounce

And Tasha Yar - yes, there was a generation of guys who obsessed over Tasha Yar when Next Gen hit the airwaves, that's true. Have there been any high-end Tasha Yar releases, or is the original Galoob 3-3/4 inch the only one so far?
scratch

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I’m nearing 56, and TOS will always be MY Trek. I couldn’t get in to NG at first, because like Diana, I thought it was “stiff” (ie, boring as hell — it was like watching a British drama full of “talking heads”; the Borg got me interested and I was able to start enjoying the show). I would definitely buy a Dr. Crusher myself. So far, I have all of the QMX Teek figures, and all of the Exo-6 figures (POd, at least). I never got into DS9, since the entire premise was ripped off from Babylon 5, but I did enjoy some of the episodes. I plan on getting all of the Voyager crew I can, since that was the show I was able to enjoy with my wife (who doesn’t normally care for all this Sci-Fi/Fantasy stuff). Only ever saw a few bits and pieces of Enterprise, and haven’t seen one minute of any of the latest stuff. Fancy special effects can’t save mediocre writing.

DJ

DJ
koloth wrote:Hi DJ! Here is a pic of the buckle (original), one of my 1/6 scale buckle and another one of the 1/6 scale disruptor. Hope that's what you were expecting.

Star Trek TOS Custom 1/6 Action Figures - Page 3 27631c10
Star Trek TOS Custom 1/6 Action Figures - Page 3 Img_9211
Star Trek TOS Custom 1/6 Action Figures - Page 3 Img_9210

Excellent work! Both of them look very good. Your Koloth character is great. Where you able to make a holster for the disrupter?

koloth

koloth
Excellent work! Both of them look very good. Your Koloth character is great. Where you able to make a holster for the disrupter?[/quote]

Thanks, DJ. I haven't made a holster yet. It wouldn't be a big deal anyway to build it.

davidd

davidd
The disruptor pistol looks really cool in the close-up shot! That's some impressive small detail work!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum