OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Interest Threads - SSF (Dave) Just Deleted Them

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Morpheus

Morpheus
What's the deal with interest threads here? I assume they're allowed? I know the banner at the top reads "with an emphasis on either custom or commercial".

Darklord Dave just deleted the whole section over at SSF.

discussion - Interest Threads - SSF (Dave) Just Deleted Them Screen11

#discussion

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Holy cow! Talk about an unexpected clean sweep. That is more than extreme, considering that more than half the stuff wasn’t a license that either Sideshow or HT have the rights to. I agree with the poster who responded to Dave.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

discussion - Interest Threads - SSF (Dave) Just Deleted Them C8485110

Morpheus

Morpheus
Looks like there's a chance he hasn't deleted it but FAKED for the sake of Sideshow. Just looking into it. Could now be a Premium member only section.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Still a crap move. I’m not paying to be a member of a forum that tends to drive me nuts.

Morpheus

Morpheus
Yep. The only reason I go there is for the customs and the fact that I have money tied up in one. I'm not paying more money just to see the thread.

Dave's wording is "they're not available" not "they're deleted". So, I guess he's playing silly games - a compromise with Sideshow, no doubt. Now hidden from Disney etc.

By making it Premium only, he's trying to not only keep his affiliate money, but also force people to pay him $25 each to gain access back to the interest threads. That's blackmail and kinda worse than just deleting them. Many hundreds of people are invested in those threads, so he probably sees the potential revenue as huge.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Well, it’s his forum, and I guess he can (and has to) do what keeps him going, but what I’ve read over there is a lot of unhappy people looking for a new home.

Morpheus

Morpheus
Yep, which is why I was asking about the policy here. Smile

Morpheus

Morpheus
LOL. Dave really hasn't thought this through properly beforehand. Now he's fighting fires. . .

discussion - Interest Threads - SSF (Dave) Just Deleted Them B10

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Let me communicate with the other Mods, and I’ll get back to you. Personally I have no problems with them, but I don’t have the final word.

Morpheus

Morpheus
Would be good to have a new place away from interference.

Looks like he's now moved or deleted it again. Even premium members can't see it now. And he deleted twenty posts talking about it. Reminds me of Fight Club.

Damn. Now I talked about it.

I must say that it's very entertaining watching him in panic mode and trying to fight fires.

discussion - Interest Threads - SSF (Dave) Just Deleted Them Screen12

Can't sensor the internet, Dave...lol He's locked the thread.

shazzdan

shazzdan
You've broken rule one and rule two.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
shazzdan wrote:You've broken rule one and rule two.

Razz

JohnByng

Sorry to be a "Jonny come lately" but what is the issue here? I don't know what an "interest thread" is. Maybe it is a case of "if you don't know what it is, you don't need to know" but I am naturally inclined to be nosey. scratch

Andrew

Andrew
Banning all of all customs, and not just SSC ones?

Idiot.

"I don't plan to die," she laughed, flicking the safety off the chrome plated desert eagle, "But if I do, I'll see you in heaven, little brother. I’ll be the one ramming the harp up St Peter’s tight little asspipe.”  

The Life of Lol.

Skippy

It's a thread to gauge Interest in doing a particular custom piece for sale.

Here's Dave's latest announcement:

http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/announcements/189052-customs-section-threads.html

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Andrew wrote:Banning all of all customs, and not just SSC ones?

Idiot.

While I agree, it was poor form, it was probably a lot easier then searching through thousands of threads to weed out the ones not connected to SSC or HT.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Asta wrote:It's a thread to gauge Interest in doing a particular custom piece for sale.

http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/announcements/189052-customs-section-threads.html

Thanks for the link. Judging by all the unhappy people, I wouldn’t be surprised to see our ranks grow at a much faster rate. Hopefully not so fast that we lose the general vibe of the community we’ve built here.

JohnByng

Asta wrote:It's a thread to gauge Interest in doing a particular custom piece for sale.

Thanks Asta!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
And so it begins.... ironic as I was just thinking yesterday after trying to buy some airsoft guns here in the UK for my collection and failing as my 'defence' to buy them suddenly is no longer acceptable (only just paid for a year's subscription a month or so back) that I should spend my money on 1/6 figures instead as there's no way that can be banned or considered illegal! ... Now you just reminded me of this stupid SSC war on customs situation...FFS!!Rolling Eyes Mad Sad how bloody depressing....

Morpheus

Morpheus
Forums are popping up all over the place now Razz Just had an invite to another one.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
I guess it'll go like Pirate Bay, too many heads to cut off!!

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

There is a group on FB, OneSixthFreaks, which is continuing the interest threads that were deleted and Ilya Kirsanov is starting up a board that will do likewise.

If you have any interests already invested then a trip to the FB group should help

CHEERS!

Morpheus

Morpheus
That's what the new PrimeGeek forum is saying - they're saving the interest threads. Got quite a few members already.

OneSixthFreaks - can't seem to find that FB group. Got a direct link?

dadrab

dadrab
Oh, Lord. Will the nonsense ever cease?

discussion - Interest Threads - SSF (Dave) Just Deleted Them Face-palm

I don't go to SSF on a routine basis. Just never got comfortable with it, but this seems like a pretty low-down move.

If I had any skin in that game, I'd be looking for someone's address with intent to introduce them to a friendly can of whoopass.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Here’s the situation as far as OnesixthFigures is concerned in regard to the custom projects threads:

We cannot condone, nor will we accept responsibility for any such threads (Forumotion’s language is pretty clear on rights infringement). We ask that the posting of Interest Threads be limited to showing WIP images, final product images, and input, etc, much the way all of ArtFigures threads have been handled. All business-related information, solicitation of sales and costs, or communications in that regard should be conducted through Private Messages only. What happens in those messages is between you and the artists and in no way will OneSixthFigures, or it’s moderators, be responsible for arrangements made between its members. We welcome any and all artists to share their work, but anything over and above is the sole responsibility of those involved. Discretion is key here, and in the future, if we garner the attention of any legal rights holders and receive complaints, we will have to step in and take action.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum