OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: QMX: Westley aka The Dread Pirate Roberts 1:6 Scale Figure

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
From the QMX wedsite:

https://qmxonline.com/products/westley-aka-the-dread-pirate-roberts-1-6-scale-articulated-figure

As You Wish
Estimated shipping date: Aug-Sept 2018
Accepting payment in full. Your credit card will be charged at time of purchase. Shipping is free to the contiguous United States. Shipping for other areas will be calculated and charged at time of purchase. If shipping date changes you will be notified.

Scaling the Cliffs of Insanity.
Wrestling Rodents of Unusual Size.
Battling Inigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die.
It’s all in a day’s work when you're the Dread Pirate Roberts.

The cult classic 1987 film The Princess Bride has captured the hearts and minds of fans the world over. We include ourselves among them, which is why QMx is so excited to present you the first ever officially-licensed 1:6 scale articulated figure from the film: Westley, also known as The Dread Pirate Roberts.

This 1:6-scale figure re-creates the iconic character in exquisite detail. Standing approximately 12 inches tall, every element, from his pirate’s tunic to his rapier, is authentically reproduced. He has two different heads; The masked Dread Pirate Roberts and the unmasked Westley - both with the authentic, hand-painted likeness of Cary Elwes.

The QMx Westley 1:6 Scale Articulated Figure includes:
Fully Articulated Body. More than 30 points of articulation allow the figure to be displayed in multiple dynamic poses.
Two Realistic Portraits. Lovingly rendered by QMx's team of top sculptors, the heads have an exacting likeness of Cary Elwes as both the romantic Westley and as the heroic Dread Pirate Roberts (mask and head scarf are not removable). Each head sculpt is hand-painted.
Black Pirate Costume. Includes a puffy pirate shirt and black pants – both painstakingly crafted replicas of the movie outfit.
Sword belt. A leather-like sword belt with electroplated buckles and a sword hanger for Westley’s weapon.
Pirate Boots. For firm footing when wrestling giants.
Pirate sword and scabbard. An electroplated sword, which can be wielded in either the left or right hand (critical for those who have studied their Agrippa), fits nicely in its scabbard.
Wine goblet. Never go in with a Sicilian… without the proper wine cup.
Hands: Seven gloved hands and two bare hands are included for assorted swashbuckling activities.
Display Base: A round display base featuring the Princess Bride logo. It will hold up the figure (even when mostly dead).
©️The Princess Bride Limited. All Rights Reserved.

$199.95 USD

DreadPirateRoberts - NEW PRODUCT: QMX: Westley aka The Dread Pirate Roberts 1:6 Scale Figure 110
DreadPirateRoberts - NEW PRODUCT: QMX: Westley aka The Dread Pirate Roberts 1:6 Scale Figure 210
DreadPirateRoberts - NEW PRODUCT: QMX: Westley aka The Dread Pirate Roberts 1:6 Scale Figure 310
DreadPirateRoberts - NEW PRODUCT: QMX: Westley aka The Dread Pirate Roberts 1:6 Scale Figure 410
DreadPirateRoberts - NEW PRODUCT: QMX: Westley aka The Dread Pirate Roberts 1:6 Scale Figure 510
DreadPirateRoberts - NEW PRODUCT: QMX: Westley aka The Dread Pirate Roberts 1:6 Scale Figure 610
DreadPirateRoberts - NEW PRODUCT: QMX: Westley aka The Dread Pirate Roberts 1:6 Scale Figure 710
DreadPirateRoberts - NEW PRODUCT: QMX: Westley aka The Dread Pirate Roberts 1:6 Scale Figure 810
DreadPirateRoberts - NEW PRODUCT: QMX: Westley aka The Dread Pirate Roberts 1:6 Scale Figure 910
DreadPirateRoberts - NEW PRODUCT: QMX: Westley aka The Dread Pirate Roberts 1:6 Scale Figure 1010
DreadPirateRoberts - NEW PRODUCT: QMX: Westley aka The Dread Pirate Roberts 1:6 Scale Figure 1110
DreadPirateRoberts - NEW PRODUCT: QMX: Westley aka The Dread Pirate Roberts 1:6 Scale Figure 1210
DreadPirateRoberts - NEW PRODUCT: QMX: Westley aka The Dread Pirate Roberts 1:6 Scale Figure 1310

#newproduct #DreadPirateRoberts #PrincessBride #movie #male #CaryElwes

dadrab

dadrab
Ahoy, my boy...

Pretty good looking outfit, really. And, I really like the chalice/goblet/whatever.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Very nicely done, if a little on the clean side. But if they retain this level of detail and excellence, I won't complain. In fact, QMX has done plenty of beautiful work in the past. And now we finally will get neck-less heads! Thanks for posting!

Ephiane

Ephiane
Think thats a very good likeness to the actor, remember the movie.

Thanks for Showing

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Nice job! I mean there's not a lot to him but with what there is they've done it well, would make a great Zorro too! Wink

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Color his hair dark and he could almost pass for Errol Flynn.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

DreadPirateRoberts - NEW PRODUCT: QMX: Westley aka The Dread Pirate Roberts 1:6 Scale Figure C8485110

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
The pics of the masked head look very realistic!

When this comes out, i would expect to see "Robin Hood: Men in Tights" bashes!

shazzdan

shazzdan
One of my all-time favourite movies. I like this figure and would like to buy it but I'm not stupid enough to pay these wankers in full before the product is even made. A deposit is fair but I'd better get a discount for ordering early.

lurpdog101

lurpdog101
one of my favourite movies too. Love it. Love this figure too. Likeness is great, and simple, clean design...wonder if they'll do the others like Montoya, Fezzik, Humperdinck and Fezzini? (as well as the princess bride herself).

As you wish

https://www.hellblazerbiz.com

JohnByng

I have never seen The Princess Bride and so I thought this must be Zorro! Certainly doesn't look like a pirate to me. I really did think it must be an Errol Flynn film that I did not know about.

Having said all that, I went back and looked at the description a bit and see that I was wrong, wrong, wrong! The figure looks good but I wish film makers and studios would find someone with some imagination and not recycle Zorro as a new character.

Onee of the things I like about 1/6 Action Figures (dolls) is the range of different cultural influences. It broadens my mind and my experience.

lurpdog101

lurpdog101
Well, having him look like Zorro was part of the whole satire of the film Smile

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
lurpdog101 wrote:one of my favourite movies too. Love it. Love this figure too. Likeness is great, and simple, clean design...wonder if they'll do the others like Montoya, Fezzik, Humperdinck and Fezzini? (as well as the princess bride herself).

As you wish

Darklord Dave over at the Freaks (who is a consultant for QMX) said if there is enough interest in this and Inigo (which is already in development), that Princess Buttercup and Fezzik could be possibilities.

JohnByng wrote:I have never seen The Princess Bride

John, you owe it to yourself to watch it (and not the edited to-fit-in-commercials TV version). Hilarious.

DreadPirateRoberts - NEW PRODUCT: QMX: Westley aka The Dread Pirate Roberts 1:6 Scale Figure C8485110

lurpdog101

lurpdog101
Stryker2011 wrote:Darklord Dave over at the Freaks (who is a consultant for QMX) said if there is enough interest in this and Inigo (which is already in development), that Princess Buttercup and Fezzik could be possibilities.

ah I thought I'd seen somewhere Inigo was in development. Would be lovely to see Princess Buttercup and Fezzik too!

JohnByng

Oh, it's a comedy? I assumed it was a Zorro type story. Thanks lurpdog and Stryker, I will have a look.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
JohnByng wrote:Oh, it's a comedy? I assumed it was a Zorro type story. Thanks lurpdog and Stryker, I will have a look.

It's a lot of things. Romance, Fairy Tale, Comedy, Adventure. All with a satirical edge. Spoofs plenty of things (including Errol Flynn & Douglas Fairbanks movies).

JohnByng

I have ordered it on DVD (cheap!) so I will be able to fill in a gap in my film knowledge. Smile

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I don’t think you’ll regret it.

shazzdan

shazzdan
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

lurpdog101

lurpdog101
shazzdan wrote:You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Really? Inconceivable!!

Watched it today again, with my lad, funnily enough

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
"Good night Westley. Good work. Sleep well. I'll most likely kill you in the morning."

So cool that QMX is doing this! God, such a great movie, and the figure looks perfect. Elwes likeness is spot on, and the outfit and accessories look top notch. JohnByng, I really do think you'll enjoy it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum