OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

More adventures from the yard...

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1comic - More adventures from the yard... Empty More adventures from the yard... on Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:27 pm

dadrab

dadrab
Not a lot going on for the guys in the yard this time of year.

Let's look in on them and see what they're up to...

comic - More adventures from the yard... <a href=comic - More adventures from the yard... 41943145105_5289b891ff_o

comic - More adventures from the yard... <a href=comic - More adventures from the yard... 41943144975_62d1cfe0d1_o

comic - More adventures from the yard... <a href=comic - More adventures from the yard... 41943144895_965f38b91f_o

comic - More adventures from the yard... <a href=comic - More adventures from the yard... 41943144735_ea09d77e01_o

comic - More adventures from the yard... <a href=comic - More adventures from the yard... 42126542224_12fff36131_o

" />" />" />" />" />

No turtles were harmed in the making of this production, although the prides of an action figure or two did suffer.

#comic

2comic - More adventures from the yard... Empty Re: More adventures from the yard... on Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:57 pm

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Very cool story!

3comic - More adventures from the yard... Empty Re: More adventures from the yard... on Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:27 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Aww. Cute little guy. Don’t blame him for dumping that guy on his face. He scooted out of there in a hurry.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

comic - More adventures from the yard... Bnp4ba10
Credit to greygoose for the signature card

4comic - More adventures from the yard... Empty Re: More adventures from the yard... on Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:11 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Nice photos and cool video. The difference between humans and animals is that the latter can't appreciate art... even when it sits on them!

5comic - More adventures from the yard... Empty Re: More adventures from the yard... on Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:17 am

peter the painter

Real fun stuff dadrab, I love seeing your yard stories, keep them coming.

Cheers,

Peter.

6comic - More adventures from the yard... Empty Re: More adventures from the yard... on Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:21 am

dadrab

dadrab
BAD WOLF-787 wrote:Very cool story!

Thank you, Mr. WOLF. My brain works in weird ways.

Stryker2011 wrote:Aww. Cute little guy. Don’t blame him for dumping that guy on his face. He scooted out of there in a hurry.

Good morning, Styker. I don't blame him either. And, I will admit to altering the video speed a little for effect, however, he did not want to stick around once he dumped his unwanted cargo.

GubernatorFan wrote:Nice photos and cool video. The difference between humans and animals is that the latter can't appreciate art... even when it sits on them!

Thanks much, GF. Ain't it the truth, although it might be argued that the shell of that turtle was a fine piece of art in its own right.

peter the painter wrote:Real fun stuff dadrab, I love seeing your yard stories, keep them coming.

I surely appreciate it, Peter. I'll do what I can when the opportunity presents itself. It was fun.

Don't know if anyone's paid much attention, but this area of the South had a really wet May/beginning of June. It rained everyday here for about five weeks. Sometimes it was just a shower and others it was an all-day, soaking rain. The upside is that we're officially out of a declared drought. Pond and lake levels are at full pool. Side effects were that many creatures who lay pretty low normally came out of hiding.

One afternoon, I came home and saw one of our dogs playing with something in the back yard. At first I thought it was one of his toys and didn't think much of it. I walked over to pick the toy up to put in his box (he has a wooden box on the deck where we stash some of his toys... If we keep the box in the house, he's going to take them outside anyhow) and realized this "toy" was not inanimate.

The little fellow seem to be little the worse for wear, but I got him out of there anyhow. He was locked up tighter than a drum in that shell.

Then, the idea hit me. What if...

So, I set up the camera on a tripod, set the guys on his back and just went in the house. Took him about 15 minutes to emerge and he was ready to get hell out of there.

You guys know the rest.

By the time I came back outside, he'd scooted about 25 feet away, but was heading back into the back yard, so I took him to the front of the house and turned him loose in some bushes where lots of good, fat earthworms live. He deserved a healthy meal for his performance, which I supplemented with a couple of blackberries.

7comic - More adventures from the yard... Empty Re: More adventures from the yard... on Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:06 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Good to hear. I used to drive down to the Atlanta, Braselton, Newnan (sometimes Macon) areas. I imagine there were a lot of accidents on the roads with all that rain (folks down there don’t seem to do well in the rain, even when it sprinkles). tongue

8comic - More adventures from the yard... Empty Re: More adventures from the yard... on Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:15 am

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
What's an adventure without discovery! Great to see they're becoming acquainted with the local wildlife. Your backyard adventures are a blast as always.

9comic - More adventures from the yard... Empty Re: More adventures from the yard... on Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:24 am

dadrab

dadrab
Stryker2011 wrote:Good to hear. I used to drive down to the Atlanta, Braselton, Newnan (sometimes Macon) areas. I imagine there were a lot of accidents on the roads with all that rain (folks down there don’t seem to do well in the rain, even when it sprinkles). tongue

There's some truth to that. Want to see real mayhem? Just let it snow...

ReverendSpooky wrote:What's an adventure without discovery!  Great to see they're becoming acquainted with the local wildlife.  Your backyard adventures are a blast as always.

Thank you, Rev. I really appreciate you looking and commenting.

One of the funniest things I've ever seen happened several weeks ago. As you may (or may not) recall, these two guys stay outside all the time. The one with the darker hair's been out there for about four years now, I think. The other one's been out for about a year.

So, I go heading out of my garage, glance over at the guys, who are in a perennial bed right next to the gate into the back yard, and see a lizard who had crawled up the back of the lighter haired figure and was just sunning himself with his head resting on the head of the figure.

Knowing a cell phone photo just wouldn't do the scene justice, I stepped back into the house to grab the Nikon, which we keep hanging on a hat rack next to the back door. Upon my return mere seconds later, the lizard was gone...damn it.

That would have been a great photo.

10comic - More adventures from the yard... Empty Re: More adventures from the yard... on Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:36 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
dadrab wrote:
Stryker2011 wrote:Good to hear. I used to drive down to the Atlanta, Braselton, Newnan (sometimes Macon) areas. I imagine there were a lot of accidents on the roads with all that rain (folks down there don’t seem to do well in the rain, even when it sprinkles). tongue

There's some truth to that. Want to see real mayhem? Just let it snow...

Oh, I've been there when that's happened. Sheesh! You'd think the Apocalypse was coming.

11comic - More adventures from the yard... Empty Re: More adventures from the yard... on Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:27 am

Ephiane

Ephiane
Absolute Great ! Very Happy Great Story and a real Beast ! She has beautyful Eyes, give her a extra lettuce leaf, please

12comic - More adventures from the yard... Empty Re: More adventures from the yard... on Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:56 am

dadrab

dadrab
Ephiane wrote:Absolute Great ! Very Happy Great Story and a real Beast ! She has beautyful Eyes, give her a extra lettuce leaf, please

Thank you, Ephiane. I really appreciate it.

You're right. She does have beautiful eyes, doesn't she? As I mentioned above, the shell on her is absolutely beautiful. A skilled person with a paintbrush couldn't do that well.

She did, indeed get a good meal following her grand performance. The area where I turned her loose must have agreed with her as I caught sight of her under a an azalea bush day before yesterday.

13comic - More adventures from the yard... Empty Re: More adventures from the yard... on Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:55 pm

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
ReverendSpooky wrote:What's an adventure without discovery!  Great to see they're becoming acquainted with the local wildlife.  Your backyard adventures are a blast as always.

Thank you, Rev. I really appreciate you looking and commenting.

One of the funniest things I've ever seen happened several weeks ago. As you may (or may not) recall, these two guys stay outside all the time. The one with the darker hair's been out there for about four years now, I think. The other one's been out for about a year.

So, I go heading out of my garage, glance over at the guys, who are in a perennial bed right next to the gate into the back yard, and see a lizard who had crawled up the back of the lighter haired figure and was just sunning himself with his head resting on the head of the figure.

Knowing a cell phone photo just wouldn't do the scene justice, I stepped back into the house to grab the Nikon, which we keep hanging on a hat rack next to the back door. Upon my return mere seconds later, the lizard was gone...damn it.

That would have been a great photo.[/quote]

I can't believe they've held up so well outside for all this time! And that lizard pic would have been such a blast if you could have gotten it! Nature waits for no man I guess.

http://reverendspooky.com

14comic - More adventures from the yard... Empty Re: More adventures from the yard... on Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:59 am

dadrab

dadrab
ReverendSpooky wrote: Nature waits for no man I guess.

Ain't that the truth. I've missed some great opportunities through the years.

I can't count the number I just blew past before cell phone cameras were part of what almost everyone has in their pockets. Now, I catch some of those, but deem others to be worthy of something more than an iPhone photo. That's a decision that can prove "iffy."

And, if I might stand upon my soapbox for a moment, I hope to never be "the person" guilty of shooting photos or video during an emergency of some sort. It's kind of disturbing how many folks will stand around and shoot video instead of helping a fellow human being. It's cowardly and I won't do it. I'd rather be injured or even killed than do nothing but shoot video while another being (animal or human) suffers. YouTube is full of it and it nauseates me.

Rant over. Back to our regularly scheduled playfulness.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum