OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ebay and other online Scammers

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 18  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 18]

1Ebay and other online Scammers Empty Ebay and other online Scammers Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:41 am

glitch

glitch
Just a heads up for anyone considering purchasing pre-sale items from ebay - you might not want to do it.
Back in August, 2020, I pre-ordered two items from a seller called red_star2013. An MT004 Jill, and the upcoming SWToys Jill (at a too-good-to-be-true sort of deal).
But I thought hey, why not give it a shot? Thankfully, I had a feeling it would turn out to be bull, so I cancelled the more expensive SWToys Jill and got a refund, but kept the cheaper one just to see if the seller would pull through.
And (surprisingly!! but not really) my MT004 Jill still hasn't shown up. But thats not all....
I recently wanted to make an offer on one of red star's items and some interesting messages popped up. In the pics below.
Turns out they blocked me. :S
Ebay and other online Scammers Screen10
Ebay and other online Scammers Screen12

These sellers all have the same Value Added Tax Number, meaning, they're probably all being run from the same bunch of scammers.
While they do pull through for available items, it might be a good idea to avoid their "pre-sale" items.

= I'll be updating the list below when I find more of these guys =

Value Added Tax Number:
                                DE 335583839
                                GB 331609031

cxy2019
lwstore
lwstore2013
mny19-53i
red_star2013
red_star201349
sc_store999
sc_store9999
sc9991589
springwindblowing
sunnymayhair
starshop*2012
tototoys2015
xiangwyan_0

2Ebay and other online Scammers Empty Re: Ebay and other online Scammers Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:52 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I’ve followed that thread over at the Freaks; I’m actually surprised that this is all the same person/s. I’ve ordered from most of these “names” hundreds of times without an issue (all for little things that were in stock), but now there seems to be more and more issue (I wonder if the virus is causing some of the problems, or if this guy has fallen on hard times, or — as that recent reply is truly evidence of some shady crap?) Unfortunate for anyone that still has outstanding orders. I had a set of those white female gloved hands (with the middle finger) on PO for months from lwstore2013, kept in constant contact with them, and they eventually showed up, but that was the last PO I had done. Most of my POs on eBay are for little things — I would recommend to anyone to avoid doing major purchase POs on eBay (unless you are willing to get ripped off, or are willing to cancel it prior to the expiration time that you can get your money back through eBay).

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Ebay and other online Scammers C8485110

3Ebay and other online Scammers Empty Re: Ebay and other online Scammers Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:11 am

glitch

glitch
Stryker2011 wrote:I’ve followed that thread over at the Freaks; I’m actually surprised that this is all the same person/s. I’ve ordered from most of these “names” hundreds of times without an issue (all for little things that were in stock), but now there seems to be more and more issue (I wonder if the virus is causing some of the problems, or if this guy has fallen on hard times, or — as that recent reply is truly evidence of some shady crap?) Unfortunate for anyone that still has outstanding orders. I had a set of those white female gloved hands (with the middle finger) on PO for months from lwstore2013, kept in constant contact with them, and they eventually showed up, but that was the last PO I had done. Most of my POs on eBay are for little things — I would recommend to anyone to avoid doing major purchase POs on eBay (unless you are willing to get ripped off, or are willing to cancel it prior to the expiration time that you can get your money back through eBay).

Hard times? I wish I could believe that, but I really doubt it.
I'm guessing what happened is, I won that item at too low a price, and they decided "Nope, we'd lose too much money".
I won an auction bid for the MT004 Jill for $68, it's normal price is around $180. I think if the seller had fallen on hard times, they
would at least have been honest and said "hey, we'd lose too much money on it for that price" and send me a refund or a different item
of my choice.
At the same time though, sc_store9999 recently sent out an item I also pre-ordered, about a week later. But that was for a $35 item.  Ebay and other online Scammers 1f615
Also like you mentioned, definitely a good idea to cancel a pre-order item before the expiration time runs out.

4Ebay and other online Scammers Empty Re: Ebay and other online Scammers Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:15 am

Valiarde

Valiarde
I also ordered from most of them many times without problems, but I had problems with preorder items from sc_9999 and redstar2013 (there is also a redstar 1649 where I need to be careful not to confuse them)

nygc_61 is another store where I preordered a lucifer horse in 2019. It got released end of 2020 but didn't hear anything from this store even though he had it in stock after checking. So I wrote him in January 2021 and two days later he appologized and send it out to me. But if I hadn't asked, he it would be "forgotten". But at least, I got it so I give this store a bit of credit. Unlike SC_store9999 always answering me "this item is still not released yet and expected in >>3 month from now<<" for like the third time last year.

glitch wrote:

At the same time though, sc_store9999 recently sent out an item I also pre-ordered, about a week later. But that was for a $35 item.

Was this preorder item still in time for a refund or long ago?

5Ebay and other online Scammers Empty Re: Ebay and other online Scammers Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:36 am

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
I've ordered from several of them too, and always got my items. From springwindblowing I order my 1/12 Arhian which came incomplete: a missing cloak. No fault of them though, since it arrived sealed. But still: I'm dealing with them not with their supplier.
I got a partial refund for that (although I had to threaten with negative feedback when after 4 weeks they still said they contacted the supplier and hadn't gotten a response yet. After that I got the partial refund immediately).

6Ebay and other online Scammers Empty Re: Ebay and other online Scammers Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:08 am

Adeno

Generally, one should not do pre-orders on Ebay, more especially so from lesser established sellers. I've seen those sellers in the list a long time ago, I think I may have also bought one of the old outfits for a doll from them. If I remember correctly, stuff comes from China when you order from them.

The problem with pre-ordering from Ebay is that you're not guaranteed protection at all when an item gets delayed. When you use Paypal, I think the longest time you have protection is 180 days from the time you bought the item (doesn't matter when the supposed release date is), after that, you're screwed if the seller doesn't fulfil your order. This is how most pre-order scams happen and this is what scammers are aiming for. I'd imagine a lot of scammers on Ebay and other selling sites never even had the intention of selling items in the first place and they just accept pre-orders with hopes of delays going beyond 180 days and they get to keep whatever money they made from poor customers.

7Ebay and other online Scammers Empty Re: Ebay and other online Scammers Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:10 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Ok, this is very odd. I, too, have ordered from several of these sellers multiple times over the last year or so and for the most part, didn't have any issue. I suspected some of them were the same seller but definitely not ALL of them.  

Most of the time, I just order smaller items from ebay sellers (like shoes, clothing, accessories, occassionally heads, etc), and it's been fine. The only times I've had problems has been with pre-orders of larger/more expensive items. For instance, I PO'd a 1/6 horse from sc_store99 (or whichever one it was), but then a few weeks later changed my mind. I did get a refund but it took me like two months of back and forth. The person I dealt with seemed to be an employee, rather than the one in charge. So I am wondering if maybe it isn't just 'one person' but rather someone who employs several other people to run these ebay 'stores'.

ETA: yes, Adeno's advice is sound -- normally I don't PO from ebay, but every so often I've seen something 'unique' that wasn't available anywhere else and PO'd it against my better judgement. Definitely not falling for that anymore.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

8Ebay and other online Scammers Empty Re: Ebay and other online Scammers Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:35 am

Ephiane

Ephiane
I´m sorry for that, Friends.

Orderd by sunnymyhair and iwstore i remember, cheap stuff only 10- 20 bucks. After some weeks i get all the stuff i orderd.

What i see is china sellers listed as Americans, Germans, Englishmen. You have to take a closer Look to see the place where the seller live is china. That´s a point ebay has to do something. Sellers have to be fair i think, but sometimes i think i live in disneyland and i forgot that´s the real world i live in

9Ebay and other online Scammers Empty Re: Ebay and other online Scammers Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:49 pm

thegreatshaggy

thegreatshaggy
Speaking of sellers and scammers from China, anyone order anything off of eBay from Hong Kong recently? Ordered from a seller called toyfigureman and tracking # was posted immediately but after that it took six days for the item to be received at the processing center it's been languishing there ever since. Then I heard a news story that the CCP admitted that their domestically produced COVID vaccine wasn't that efficient (some sources said it was lower than 50%). I'm beginning to wonder if the virus is surging there once again, but the government won't admit to it since they painted the whole country having beat the virus. Just my opinion.

As for the Pre-Order aspect, I've only pre-ordered one time from eBay (3A T-45 Fallout Power Armor Exclusive) and was surprised when it arrived a whole month early, but that was years ago. Generally I Pre-Order from domestic dealers that I've done business with in the past however I do have two Pre-Orders out with Asian Dealers. I have the dates circled when its day 179 before filing a resolution with PayPal, but that's not so easy anymore. Now you have to show that you've been in contact with the seller/dealer and that you've tried to work things out or else its a 50/50 they might side with you or not. Best outcome is that the seller/dealer blanks you in the communications department which gives you a solid case.

10Ebay and other online Scammers Empty Re: Ebay and other online Scammers Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:10 am

glitch

glitch
Valiarde wrote:
glitch wrote:
At the same time though, sc_store9999 recently sent out an item I also pre-ordered, about a week later. But that was for a $35 item.
Was this preorder item still in time for a refund or long ago?
I just checked, it was sent out two weeks after the purchase date. But it was also for a smaller item (Damtoys Desert Eagle set).
So I still had more than enough time to ask for a refund.
I feel like they do this mostly with the expensive pre-sales. Items that they are confident won't be released until after the 180 return period.

TravelGuide wrote:I've ordered from several of them too, and always got my items. From springwindblowing I order my 1/12 Arhian which came incomplete: a missing cloak. No fault of them though, since it arrived sealed. But still: I'm dealing with them not with their supplier.
I got a partial refund for that (although I had to threaten with negative feedback when after 4 weeks they still said they contacted the supplier and hadn't gotten a response yet. After that I got the partial refund immediately).

What sucks is that springwindblowing and sunnymayhair have been my main go-to for 1/6 scale stuff for some time now. I found out they're the same person(s) by mistake actually. I made two offers on the same item at the same time with both sellers, and got two counter offers back at the same time for the same amount - to the penny.  Ebay and other online Scammers 1f606
And I believe that arya.a, yamiyuan and actionfigureonly are also the same. They send the same exact message after each purchase. :S

skywalkersaga wrote:Ok, this is very odd. I, too, have ordered from several of these sellers multiple times over the last year or so and for the most part, didn't have any issue. I suspected some of them were the same seller but definitely not ALL of them.  

Most of the time, I just order smaller items from ebay sellers (like shoes, clothing, accessories, occassionally heads, etc), and it's been fine. The only times I've had problems has been with pre-orders of larger/more expensive items. For instance, I PO'd a 1/6 horse from sc_store99 (or whichever one it was), but then a few weeks later changed my mind. I did get a refund but it took me like two months of back and forth. The person I dealt with seemed to be an employee, rather than the one in charge. So I am wondering if maybe it isn't just 'one person' but rather someone who employs several other people to run these ebay 'stores'.

ETA: yes, Adeno's advice is sound -- normally I don't PO from ebay, but every so often I've seen something 'unique' that wasn't available anywhere else and PO'd it against my better judgement. Definitely not falling for that anymore.

It took me some time figure it out as well. I always thought eBay had some kind of security in place to prevent the same person from making multiple accounts like that. Unless they also use a different paypal account for ebay account. But yeah, I don't see just one person running all of those stores at the same time. Shipping would get super confusing and frustrating real quick! lol
I don't know, just seems very confusing and annoying, especially for the buyer!

11Ebay and other online Scammers Empty Re: Ebay and other online Scammers Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:56 pm

Annalise

Annalise
jindia
gentoys
alpinetopline
wojiaoneline
suntekstore
uptogethertek

I also thought that each seller had to have a separate paypal account, but my recent problems with buying "damaged" (a.k.a out of stock) items from the above sellers resulted in me noticing that when sending payments to and being refunded by them the paypal emails all said I was dealing with "Strade Fareast Ltd" as the account holder and not six different people.

12Ebay and other online Scammers Empty Re: Ebay and other online Scammers Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:41 pm

Ephiane

Ephiane
Mhhh.... You Guys are right. It´s not like before. Had problems with nygc_61 now. Not the best behavior, never had problems before. Something changed. Maybe all that names a one company ? Can not be a chorona problem because of they made big partys as the wold best chorona politics

13Ebay and other online Scammers Empty Re: Ebay and other online Scammers Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:25 pm

gooboo

General rule of thumb I learned was not to pre order anything on ebay. Luckily I didn't end up getting burned the one time I did it, but I realized that if the seller hadn't sent me the item I wouldn't have been able to do much about it.

Looking through my ebay history the most frequent Chinese seller I've bought from seems to be commitmenteam, and I've never had any problems with this person. I wonder if this is another name for this seller or someone else.

14Ebay and other online Scammers Empty Re: Ebay and other online Scammers Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:05 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I vaguely remember thinking they also go by something with numbers and an 'x' in it?

15Ebay and other online Scammers Empty Re: Ebay and other online Scammers Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:26 am

Annalise

Annalise
Yes, commitmenteam = xx02 = 5thlj = seventhavenue*jeep

16Ebay and other online Scammers Empty Re: Ebay and other online Scammers Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:05 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Thanks for confirming, Annalise!

17Ebay and other online Scammers Empty Re: Ebay and other online Scammers Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:05 am

Valiarde

Valiarde
Commitment team I also ordered many times from without problems. OK prices on single parts like coo knights after release.

18Ebay and other online Scammers Empty Re: Ebay and other online Scammers Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:32 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I’ve pretty much ordered from all of these eBay sellers, generally without issue — but as others have mentioned: don’t PO from eBay (especially anything costly). EVER. I POd the female gloved hands with the middle finger from one of the above mentioned (a PO), last year when they first came up, but I kept on them every few weeks after the first couple months asking about the order, and they always responded. Of course, due to the Virus, everything was backlogged, so I get that there is little many of these sellers can do. Shipping containers are hard to come by, ports are backlogged, more people than ever are buying online (causing mail and other courier services to fall behind — and with a shortage of people willing to work, or able to work, we have delay after delay after delay. This hobby has always required a serious amount of patience due to long lead times on POs, so it shouldn’t come as a surprise that EVERYTHING is even slower than it was before. Very few companies have a proprietary factory at their disposal, and this is something everyone needs to take into consideration— not that the initial point of this thread has anything to do with “in stock” items suddenly being told they are not available— this type of scam needs to be reported to eBay immediately. But POs are a whole other animal, and if patience is not in your behavioral repertoire... this is probably not the hobby to be in. I myself am guilty of impatience, especially when it comes to things getting released, and some folks get their items, while others are wondering where the F our stuff is — but it’s hardly fair to call every eBay seller a “scam artist” due to factory backlogs, and other worldwide issues out of everyone’s control. Every one of the mentioned sellers in this thread (regardless of how many they truly are) has provided good service, at least to me, in the past — so it’s hard to pinpoint where the troubles are actually coming from without absolute insider knowledge.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Ebay and other online Scammers C8485110

19Ebay and other online Scammers Empty Re: Ebay and other online Scammers Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:36 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Yes, Stryker, I know what you mean. If the issue is so widespread, I would presume that there may be an *actual* logistical problem going on behind the scenes rather than some kind of ebay-wide scam.

This 'out of stock' thing hasn't happened to me yet, so I can't really contibute to that side of it, but perhaps those who encounter this message could just outright ask the seller(s) in question what is going on?

20Ebay and other online Scammers Empty Re: Ebay and other online Scammers Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:27 am

glitch

glitch
Ephiane wrote:Mhhh.... You Guys are right. It´s not like before. Had problems with nygc_61 now. Not the best behavior, never had problems before. Something changed. Maybe all that names a one company ? Can not be a chorona problem because of they made big partys as the wold best chorona politics
I'm currently having issues with sunnymayhair regarding another pre-sale item. It seems they've once again blocked me from messaging them. :S
My 180 days aren't up yet, so I'm hoping paypal will be able to resolve things.

Stryker2011 wrote:I’ve pretty much ordered from all of these eBay sellers, generally without issue — but as others have mentioned: don’t PO from eBay (especially anything costly). EVER. I POd the female gloved hands with the middle finger from one of the above mentioned (a PO), last year when they first came up, but I kept on them every few weeks after the first couple months asking about the order, and they always responded. Of course, due to the Virus, everything was backlogged, so I get that there is little many of these sellers can do. Shipping containers are hard to come by, ports are backlogged, more people than ever are buying online (causing mail and other courier services to fall behind — and with a shortage of people willing to work, or able to work, we have delay after delay after delay. This hobby has always required a serious amount of patience due to long lead times on POs, so it shouldn’t come as a surprise that EVERYTHING is even slower than it was before. Very few companies have a proprietary factory at their disposal, and this is something everyone needs to take into consideration— not that the initial point of this thread has anything to do with “in stock” items suddenly being told they are not available— this type of scam needs to be reported to eBay immediately. But POs are a whole other animal, and if patience is not in your behavioral repertoire... this is probably not the hobby to be in. I myself am guilty of impatience, especially when it comes to things getting released, and some folks get their items, while others are wondering where the F our stuff is — but it’s hardly fair to call every eBay seller a “scam artist” due to factory backlogs, and other worldwide issues out of everyone’s control. Every one of the mentioned sellers in this thread (regardless of how many they truly are) has provided good service, at least to me, in the past — so it’s hard to pinpoint where the troubles are actually coming from without absolute insider knowledge.

I've pre-ordered smaller/cheaper things as well, and sure, they do show up most of the time...if you keep bugging the seller.
And while I'm not calling every seller a scammer, you do have to ask yourself whats going on here??
I'm currently counting 14 sellers that all have the same VAT numbers. And I have my doubts that its purely coincidental. lol

skywalkersaga wrote: ..but perhaps those who encounter this message could just outright ask the seller(s) in question what is going on?

The question is, how to message them if they've blocked you from messaging them?  Ebay and other online Scammers 1f615

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 18]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum