OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Oops (photo heavy!)

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Oops (photo heavy!) Empty Oops (photo heavy!) Wed May 19, 2021 10:39 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
It got a bit long and photo heavy. But I promise there is a surprise at the end. Anyway, blame Disney. I just couldn't resist the satirical potential. Smile

More Photos in Post 12 and Post 24.

The story continues HERE.

Oops (photo heavy!) Oops0110

Oops (photo heavy!) Oops0210

Oops (photo heavy!) Oops0310

Oops (photo heavy!) Oops0410

Oops (photo heavy!) Oops0510

Oops (photo heavy!) Oops0610

Oops (photo heavy!) Oops0710

Oops (photo heavy!) Oops0810

Oops (photo heavy!) Oops0910

Oops (photo heavy!) Oops1010

Oops (photo heavy!) Oops1110

Oops (photo heavy!) Oops1210

Oops (photo heavy!) Oops1310

Oops (photo heavy!) Oops1410

Oops (photo heavy!) Oops1510

Oops (photo heavy!) Oops1610

Oops (photo heavy!) Oops1710

Oops (photo heavy!) Oops1810

Oops (photo heavy!) Oops1910

Oops (photo heavy!) Oops2010

Oops (photo heavy!) Oops2110

Oops (photo heavy!) Oops2210

Oops (photo heavy!) Oops2310

Oops (photo heavy!) Oops2410

Oops (photo heavy!) Oops2510

Oops (photo heavy!) Oops2610

Oops (photo heavy!) Oops2710

Oops (photo heavy!) Oops2810

Oops (photo heavy!) Oops2911

Oops (photo heavy!) Oops3010

Oops (photo heavy!) Oops3110

Oops (photo heavy!) Oops3210

Oops (photo heavy!) Oops3310

Oops (photo heavy!) Oops3410

Oops (photo heavy!) Oops3510

Oops (photo heavy!) Oops3610

Oops (photo heavy!) Oops3710

Oops (photo heavy!) Oops3810

Oops (photo heavy!) Oops3910

Oops (photo heavy!) Oops4010

Oops (photo heavy!) Oops4111

Oops (photo heavy!) Oops4210

More Photos in Post 12 and Post 24.

The story continues HERE.

Other Star Wars-themed silliness can be found in these photo stories:

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t3671-star-wars-the-accident-story-photo-heavy-updated-with-alternate-deleted-footage

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t3240-star-wars-a-happy-endings-story-original-trilogy-updated

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t3178-star-wars-a-silver-linings-story-original-trilogy-updated-with-extra-photos

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t2799-star-wars-the-further-adventures-of-darth-maul-updated-with-part-ii-may-2020

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t2541-star-wars-a-love-gone-wrong-story

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t2206-star-wars-moving-on-solo-story

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t1862-star-wars-a-lone-scoundrel-story

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t1852-star-wars-a-negative-body-image-story

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t1150-star-wars-spacecops

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t909-star-wars-new-imperial-unit-aquatrooper-part-two

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t1076-christmas-reruns-star-wars-christmas-revised-edition-not-the-holiday-special

#parody #satire #starwars #kenobi #darthmaul #pop #music #video #dance

2Oops (photo heavy!) Empty Re: Oops (photo heavy!) Wed May 19, 2021 11:02 pm

davidd

davidd
Excellent posing of the Maulrats!

Wasn't expecting the final panel! Razz

3Oops (photo heavy!) Empty Re: Oops (photo heavy!) Thu May 20, 2021 12:13 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
What the ever-lovin’...! That was hilarious. Very fun , and really nice job on the posing. I hope you didn’t have to watch (or worse, listen) to that video too much to get all that down. Great photo story spoof. Love it.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Oops (photo heavy!) C8485110

4Oops (photo heavy!) Empty Re: Oops (photo heavy!) Thu May 20, 2021 1:03 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
davidd wrote:Excellent posing of the Maulrats! Wasn't expecting the final panel! Razz

Thank you very much, I'm glad you enjoyed that (they were far easier to pose than she was; and I'm totally stealing "Maulrats"!), and that you were surprised.

Stryker2011 wrote:What the ever-lovin’...! That was hilarious. Very fun , and really nice job on the posing. I hope you didn’t have to watch (or worse, listen) to that video too much to get all that down. Great photo story spoof. Love it.

Thank you for the enthusiastic response. I'm very happy you found it funny. Sometimes things are funny in our heads, and don't always resonate much. Well the Mauls (or now Maulrats) are all TBLeagues, so they are (relatively) a joy to pose, even in dance positions. She was a slightly damaged Hot Toys body in a damaged tight leather bodysuit with small wrist pegs and soft rubbery plastic big alien hands that slipped off the pegs very easily, not to mention there were no actual feet in the boots, so she generally required a lot of help from the back up dancers. Smile I swear this is not what I had in mind when I ordered these Greedo casts. Without being a fan, I find this and Baby one more time bearable, especially for the sake of satirical interpretation. I did watch it a bunch of times and the first half or so in particular is a pretty precise match up of the poses and the lyrics from the video (of course each line of lyrics tends to have several different poses in the fast-paced chopped-up video). And where the poses of the dancers and the lead don't match up perfectly, is it also often source accurate (though in some instances it does reflect the difference in poseability).

5Oops (photo heavy!) Empty Re: Oops (photo heavy!) Thu May 20, 2021 1:24 am

Skippy

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

That was so funny!

The posing is so perfect.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

6Oops (photo heavy!) Empty Re: Oops (photo heavy!) Thu May 20, 2021 1:40 am

brassco

brassco
who says one can't have fun during times like this? Well, not everyone can do this, as the figures are rather rare. Don't blame Disney please...I'm getting a lot of entertainment from it!

7Oops (photo heavy!) Empty Re: Oops (photo heavy!) Thu May 20, 2021 2:38 am

Valiarde

Valiarde
Awww, the good old "it was just a dream/nightmare" ending Smile I dislike if this is done in big stories or books most of the time. It was a good solution for your little comic though

It is funny that nearly everyone knows this song (which is important to have fun with your story.)

You have so much fun and energy for this hobby, thanks for this, made me smile and I enjoyed all these pictures and poses.

8Oops (photo heavy!) Empty Re: Oops (photo heavy!) Thu May 20, 2021 3:27 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
LOL, wow, this was unexpectedly, randomly hilarious. XD

Attack of the Maul Clones? Razz The dancing to Britney Spears reminds me of that storyline with the Ninth Doctor and Rose where the song 'Toxic' had become known as a 'traditional Earth Ballad'. Laughing

https://youtu.be/rJEyX1On_b0

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

9Oops (photo heavy!) Empty Re: Oops (photo heavy!) Thu May 20, 2021 5:48 am

Diana

Diana
ONG that is the BEST THING I've seen on the ENTIRE INTERNET for YEARS!!!

Thank you thank you thank you. Laughing

10Oops (photo heavy!) Empty Re: Oops (photo heavy!) Thu May 20, 2021 6:35 am

thegreatshaggy

thegreatshaggy
Who here has thought that Obi Wan was secretly the James Bond of the Jedi Order?

11Oops (photo heavy!) Empty Re: Oops (photo heavy!) Thu May 20, 2021 8:54 am

Adeno

Poor guy, that would've crushed him if it was reality Very Happy

12Oops (photo heavy!) Empty Re: Oops (photo heavy!) Thu May 20, 2021 11:45 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
More Photos in Post 24.

Gridney was so delighted with her fans, that she asked me to provide you with this autographed photo of her:

Oops (photo heavy!) Oops4310

Asta wrote:Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing That was so funny! The posing is so perfect. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Thank you very much, I'm glad you enjoyed it.

brassco wrote:who says one can't have fun during times like this? Well, not everyone can do this, as the figures are rather rare. Don't blame Disney please...I'm getting a lot of entertainment from it!

Thank you. Yes, Disney can provide entertainment despite itself. And, technically speaking, I suppose Greedo and his various relatives (including his female cousin in Jabba's palace music group) weren't Disney's fault, at least back when they first appeared. Smile

Valiarde wrote:Awww, the good old "it was just a dream/nightmare" ending Smile  I dislike if this is done in big stories or books most of the time. It was a good solution for your little comic though. It is funny that nearly everyone knows this song (which is important to have fun with your story.) You have so much fun and energy for this hobby, thanks for this, made me smile and I enjoyed all these pictures and poses.  

Thank you very much, glad you thought it worked out. And you are right, inside jokes are a lot harder to pull off if not enough people are "in" on the requisite knowledge.

skywalkersaga wrote:LOL, wow, this was unexpectedly, randomly hilarious. XD Attack of the Maul Clones? Razz The dancing to Britney Spears reminds me of that storyline with the Ninth Doctor and Rose where the song 'Toxic' had become known as a 'traditional Earth Ballad'. Laughing

Thank, I'm always happy to make you laugh. Maul Clones? Now that is perhaps a better idea than Maul Triplets... except maybe they have to be more uniform. Will have to think about it. Fun use of Toxic, too. Didn't the Mad Max movies also make much of seemingly minor things?

Diana wrote:ONG that is the BEST THING I've seen on the ENTIRE INTERNET for YEARS!!! Thank you thank you thank you. Laughing

Thank you so much for the enthusiastic appreciation! Happy to make you laugh.

thegreatshaggy wrote:Who here has thought that Obi Wan was secretly the James Bond of the Jedi Order?

Well, it makes sense, given his record, his missions, and his ability to play a bit loose with the truth. Smile

Adeno wrote:Poor guy, that would've crushed him if it was reality Very Happy

I know... well... he was already crushed a long time ago when all this really happened (in some form), but this bad dream just brought it back to life for him.

13Oops (photo heavy!) Empty Re: Oops (photo heavy!) Thu May 20, 2021 1:22 pm

Ephiane

Ephiane
You create a Charakter is worth it to get listed in the SW Wookiepedia Laughing Gridney is absolute great, and You copy the moves in excellent detail. What a diva, she steal the show to all the others

14Oops (photo heavy!) Empty Re: Oops (photo heavy!) Thu May 20, 2021 2:20 pm

Ovy

Ovy
Fabulous sir, fantasticmaul.
They look like the Haka Maul Stripper Boys.
You might be the only person in the galaxy with the topless artistically painted Seamless Mauls.  Never deny that you are a huge Darth Maul Fanboy.
Wire space antennas placed effecticely.
Try to imagine that Britney Spears voice in the nasal Rodian accent of Greedo. There is probably technology available to autotune that. It took me a while to realize who that Yeah yeah yeah is supposed to sound in my head haha.
She shot first.
If this was a Youtube video it would be shared by Ewan McGregor.

15Oops (photo heavy!) Empty Re: Oops (photo heavy!) Thu May 20, 2021 2:22 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Ephiane wrote:You create a Charakter is worth it to get listed in the SW Wookiepedia Laughing Gridney is absolute great, and You copy the moves in excellent detail. What a diva, she steal the show to all the others

Thank you very much, I'm very glad you liked her. Considering what else has made into Wookiepedia, why not! Wink I know you yourself are no stranger to creating custom Star Wars characters, and you've made some very cool ones (who else can make a Gungan be cool!?). But I think you are wrong in one respect. Gridney wants you to know that she is just a regular girl Rodian female waiting for a nice boy to fall in love with, and she is a shy and humble person who loves animals and does not consume anything which once had less than two eyes. Smile

16Oops (photo heavy!) Empty Re: Oops (photo heavy!) Thu May 20, 2021 2:40 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Ovy wrote:Fabulous sir, fantasticmaul.
They look like the Haka Maul Stripper Boys.
You might be the only person in the galaxy with the topless artistically painted Seamless Mauls.  Never deny that you are a huge Darth Maul Fanboy.
Wire space antennas placed effecticely.
Try to imagine that Britney Spears voice in the nasal Rodian accent of Greedo. There is probably technology available to autotune that. It took me a while to realize who that Yeah yeah yeah is supposed to sound in my head haha.
She shot first.
If this was a Youtube video it would be shared by Ewan McGregor.

Thank you very much, I'm glad you enjoyed this. Funny suggestions on developing the characters. It gave me a chance to compare and evaluate my Mauls (remember this started as a body coloring experiment). Oil pastel apart, the new marker technique (using real touch markers) seems to have been great for the bodies themselves (though not for the harder plastic hands and feet). And Rodian jewelry is multi-purpose, doubling as communication devices and other tools. Smile
Actually, Britney Spears sings the "Yeah yeah yeah..." part quite nasally. With more patience and photos, one could probably make an animation video of this. In fact, if you just download the images and go through them quickly, it almost works that way. Smile

17Oops (photo heavy!) Empty Re: Oops (photo heavy!) Thu May 20, 2021 6:41 pm

AlKelAstra91

AlKelAstra91
Really funny stuff, totally unexpected, haha! Never thought I would be reminded of that song again, least of all on this forum. But anything goes in the nightmares of poor Obi-Wan, he is truly haunted. I will never be able to unsee those colored Maul bodies as backup dancers now. lol That alien singer also looks really good, how much custom work did you do to it?!

18Oops (photo heavy!) Empty Re: Oops (photo heavy!) Thu May 20, 2021 11:25 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
AlKelAstra91 wrote:Really funny stuff, totally unexpected, haha! Never thought I would be reminded of that song again, least of all on this forum. But anything goes in the nightmares of poor Obi-Wan, he is truly haunted. I will never be able to unsee those colored Maul bodies as backup dancers now. lol That alien singer also looks really good, how much custom work did you do to it?!

Thank you very much, I'm so glad you enjoyed it, and got a bit of a surprise. Speaking of nightmares, I do think Gridney had better fashion sense and the good idea to match her dancers. Wink

Let's see... I bought some soft rubbery plastic casts of the Sideshow Greedo head sculpt and hand sculpts from this great guy on eBay, not intending them for this, but it's not like I had the clothes and accessories for an actual Greedo. I had the slightly damaged not really seamless olive green Gamora body from Hot Toys (Gamora's head has long since been transplanted to an oil-pastel repainted TBLeague S25B). I had the black skin tight leather-like body suit with a broken zipper. And I had some smaller Sideshow standard imperial jackboots. So it all came together. I had to drill holes into the hands to fit the wrist pegs (somewhat poorly, as they can come off very easily, which made posing a pain, exacerbated by the outfit). I did apply some oil pastel red lipstick that I figured I can rub off later. I made a basic red shirt out of light weight cloth, tailored with black duct tape, and also fashioned a collar piece from the same, to hide the neck (which would not have matched the head sculpt), as well as cuffs to hide the wrist pegs. Then I added the wire work, which consists of six spiral-like rings, two bracelets with a different weaved design, five simple hoop earrings, one more elaborate "Rodian" earring, two pectoral pieces that interlock over the front and snake around the breasts and neck, and two head pieces secured by the base of the antennae, one over the forehead, the other rising like a traditional Russian headdress over the head; that one got as a pendant the handle from the broken zipper. Finally, I made a long necklace with a slightly complex pattern of black and red micro beads. That was about it. Believe it or not, it was less of a pain than Obi-Wan, who got a head swap, but also broke his ankle peg in two places, and I had to drill them out of the lower leg and boot and replace them with others, which I found after much in the way of archaeological excavations, after having tried every other plausible solution in the process (Sideshow uses -- or used -- very specific pegs).

19Oops (photo heavy!) Empty Re: Oops (photo heavy!) Fri May 21, 2021 7:16 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
GubernatorFan wrote:Gridney was so delighted with her fans, that she asked me to provide you with this autographed photo of her:

Oops (photo heavy!) Oops4310

Aww, Gridney Spears! She so sexy!

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Oops (photo heavy!) C8485110

20Oops (photo heavy!) Empty Re: Oops (photo heavy!) Fri May 21, 2021 7:24 am

tankgirlfuzzy

tankgirlfuzzy
I totally don't "get" this, probably because I blocked out that entire period of pop music and listened to opera and classical (oh, and U2 and the Boss, maybe a little Sting, am I showing my age?). But those Mauls as backup dancers are hilarious! and those first two shots, you have a special way of posing these serious figures and making them look so dopey it cracks me up everytime!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum