OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: TOYS ERA 1/6 scale The Prescience figure

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
TOYS ERA 1/6th scale THE PRESCIENCE aka Olivia Munn as Psylocke in X-Men: Apocalypse

X-Men: Apocalypse is a 2016 American superhero film based on the fictional X-Men characters that appear in Marvel Comics. It is the ninth installment in the X-Men film series and a sequel to X-Men: Days of Future Past, as well as the third installment of the prequel series. In the film, the ancient mutant En Sabah Nur awakens in 1983 and plans to wipe out modern civilization and take over the world, leading the X-Men to try to stop him and defeat his team of mutants.

Olivia Munn portrays Psylocke: A mutant with telepathic, telekinetic and psionic abilities. Her abilities also include projecting purple psychic energy, usually into the form of an energy blade that can burn through metal. Munn described Psylocke as "very lethal, very powerful and very strong." She practiced sword fighting in preparation for the role

mutant - NEW PRODUCT: TOYS ERA 1/6 scale The Prescience figure 117

TOYS ERA TE22 1/6th scale THE PRESCIENCE features: Rooted hair head sculpt, Female articulated figure body, Three (3) Pairs of gloved hands, Two (2) LED light up Energy blades, Metal made Katana. Costume: Body Suit with chest plate, pair of Long Gloves, Belt, high knee boots. Also includes Figure Stand.

mutant - NEW PRODUCT: TOYS ERA 1/6 scale The Prescience figure 217
mutant - NEW PRODUCT: TOYS ERA 1/6 scale The Prescience figure 317
mutant - NEW PRODUCT: TOYS ERA 1/6 scale The Prescience figure 417
mutant - NEW PRODUCT: TOYS ERA 1/6 scale The Prescience figure 517
mutant - NEW PRODUCT: TOYS ERA 1/6 scale The Prescience figure 617
mutant - NEW PRODUCT: TOYS ERA 1/6 scale The Prescience figure 717
mutant - NEW PRODUCT: TOYS ERA 1/6 scale The Prescience figure 817
mutant - NEW PRODUCT: TOYS ERA 1/6 scale The Prescience figure 917
mutant - NEW PRODUCT: TOYS ERA 1/6 scale The Prescience figure 1017
mutant - NEW PRODUCT: TOYS ERA 1/6 scale The Prescience figure 1117

#newproduct #female #comic #movie #ToysEra #superheroine #mutant

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Interesting. I do like Olivia Munn, and this portrait does seem to channel some of her features, but something seems a little off. Or maybe it's her mood Wink

Ephiane

Ephiane
Nice Figure, like the headsculpt. She looks like a little ... pissed Smile

Thanks for showing

brassco

brassco
comes with the figure? i wonder if i use phicen bodies will staining be a problem...thks for sharing!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I imagine it’ll be another 2-3 years before this comes out. I remember seeing a prototype for this, what... a year ago?

He who dies with the most toys wins!

mutant - NEW PRODUCT: TOYS ERA 1/6 scale The Prescience figure C8485110

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Kit has this up for $155 (includes shipping).

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Huh. Interesting. I really like the light up psychic blades, and if the final quality is anything like these photos, it'll be a nice looking figure.

It is a strange choice. To the best of my knowledge the X-men film this was from is universally considered pretty weak, and Psylocke was completely underutilized as a character. Completely off from the comics, and pretty much there to just say "oh look, I recognize that character. Yay..." I like Olivia Munn, but I don't think she was a particularly good choice for Psylocke, and it's a fairly uninspired take on the comic costume. Still, if you dug it in the movie, the figure looks good.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
She wasn’t my first choice for the role, but she wasn’t bad in it; but as you say, ReverendSpooky, she was sorely underutilized. And I agree, the costume design (particularly the whole chest/torso armor) was strange. I still like the figure, but I might end up altering the outfit to look more like the comic book (have to get spiderrogue to work on that). Wink

JohnByng

I don't wish to be indelicate but is there something odd about her costume? It seems to lift outwards in the lower centre where the leg bands intersect with the leotard-like suit. I do not know the origins of this figure so it may be simply my ignorance.

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Stryker2011 wrote:She wasn’t my first choice for the role, but she wasn’t bad in it; but as you say, ReverendSpooky, she was sorely underutilized. And I agree, the costume design (particularly the whole chest/torso armor) was strange. I still like the figure, but I might end up altering the outfit to look more like the comic book (have to get spiderrogue to work on that). Wink

I could see him doing an absolutely KILLER comic style Psylocke costume!

http://reverendspooky.com

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
JohnByng wrote:I don't wish to be indelicate but is there something odd about her costume? It seems to lift outwards in the lower centre where the leg bands intersect with the leotard-like suit. I do not know the origins of this figure so it may be simply my ignorance.

The entire chest piece/almost corset-like was a bizarre addition to the onscreen costume for this character that not only looked stupid, unnecessary, and out of place, it also looked like something the costume department threw on last minute. (Not to mention it made Ms. Munn look... how should I put this... thick). What you're seeing is the bottom part of the chest/torso piece. It was a bad design choice from the beginning. They could have just stuck to the comic-book design, but unfortunately, as is evident by most of these comic-book movies, the designers seem to feel that more is definitely better (the horrid designs used for Aquaman, The Flash & Cyborg in the Justice League movie are perfect examples of over-kill). I guess Iron-Man and the Transformers movies have had more than a wee bit of a bad influence on these Hollywood idiots. They seem to have forgotten the Golden Rule: Less is More.

JohnByng

Thanks for the info Stryker. A lot of the costumes do seem to be unnecessarily elaborate and the need for a new design for every film is annoying. Although, I did like the black Spiderman suit.

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
I really like how she looks so I might to get her someday? But indeed I prefer the older outfit better too.

gunm

gunm
I PO this, but something is off with the figure body and/or costume. I'm a fan of Olivia and Psylocke as well.

FreakinLobster

FreakinLobster
What bothered me in this figure was the chest size, way too big for this kind of outfit. I really love the character, and the outfit on this figure is... nice but the oversized boobs did not go well for this figure in particular... in my opinion.
A real shame cuz I really want a Psylocke figure in my collection. Oh, welp... Gonna try to kitbash her someday and stick more to the comics.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
For those concerned about the size of her boobs, this was posted on their Facebook page on June 23:

mutant - NEW PRODUCT: TOYS ERA 1/6 scale The Prescience figure 20180610

FreakinLobster

FreakinLobster
That's really nice. I hope they end up with an amazing figure, since she has a potential and Toys Era has some really cool figures released recently. Cheerz!

One other thing: will they release the "Mystique" figure? I wanted to bash her into the comics version with the white dress and skull belt.

Allotropos

Allotropos
I still don't see new promo pictures after they announced she will adjusting the body.
There is also another company working on the same character so this will be an interesting offering between 2 companies.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum