OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Jurassic Pratt

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1tbleague - Jurassic Pratt Empty Jurassic Pratt Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:29 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
In celebration of the new film, which I am hoping to see on Friday (so please no spoilers), and inspired by Michael Crawford and Bad Wolf, I picked up a couple of items for a Jurassic Park scene -- of sorts, since it also brings in other Chris Pratt material (I borrowed the title "Jurassic Pratt" from my friend Chris L). I used partly repainted Mattel Tyrannosaurus Rex figures (both the 23-inch and 43-inch ones) which are pretty nice, although they have various issues (I could go on) and the scale means they are playing the parts of growing dinos.

tbleague - Jurassic Pratt Jurass10

tbleague - Jurassic Pratt Jurass11

tbleague - Jurassic Pratt Jurass12

tbleague - Jurassic Pratt Jurass13

tbleague - Jurassic Pratt Jurass14

tbleague - Jurassic Pratt Jurass15

tbleague - Jurassic Pratt Jurass16

tbleague - Jurassic Pratt Jurass17

I hope you like them, goofy as they are.

#jurassicpark #jurassicworld #chrispratt #tyrannosaurus #hottoys #tbleague #mattel #custom #kitbash

2tbleague - Jurassic Pratt Empty Re: Jurassic Pratt Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:54 pm

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Very cool photos, I see you found the battle damaged T-Rex. Very Happy Is this the one that roars? (mine doesn't)

They kinda look like they could fit into a Star Wars scene.

3tbleague - Jurassic Pratt Empty Re: Jurassic Pratt Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:25 am

dadrab

dadrab
Mighty nicely done, GF.

As I've mentioned I'm really weak for dinosaurs. Those look pretty damn good and while not exactly to scale, they fit the bill well.

Reckon I should have jumped on one from TRU while they were still open.

The Rocket on the small dino made me laugh.

Thank you for showing us.

4tbleague - Jurassic Pratt Empty Re: Jurassic Pratt Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:38 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
BAD WOLF-787 wrote:Very cool photos, I see you found the battle damaged T-Rex. Very Happy Is this the one that roars? (mine doesn't).

Thank you, Bad Wolf. I'd been eyeing these on the shelves for some time, but Michael's review of one, and your photos of the other inspired me to go to for them once I saw them reduced. I don't know that there is a difference between regular and battle damaged versions (are you sure?). It roars when you pry the mouth open far enough.

Remember, I partly repainted them. The sculpting of the two dinosaurs is very close, although the articulation and action/sound feature(s) is slightly different (generally speaking, the smaller one is better in that respect). Both have the same scratches or wounds sculpted on them (mostly on the right side of the body and on the left side of the head), although they were not painted on the smaller version. On the larger version there were rather wide streaks of unrealistically bright red paint applied to some (but not all) of the sculpted scratches and also to some areas where there were no sculpted scratches. I "reduced" these to sculpted scratches only, made sure they fit within the sculpted width, and went over them with "German Brown Black" to simulate something closer to the color of dried blood. Otherwise, I focused on repainting parts of the head, teeth (which were not sculpted individually enough), and "hand" claws (which were not painted). I used some of the promotional images from the film (which I still haven't seen) as guide, and darkened parts of the head/face accordingly, added detail to the eyes, and dirtied up the overly light lower jaw. But I should note that there are some minor differences between the toy sculpt and what was (apparently) on screen, and also almost the entire paint scheme is off. The toys are pretty orange, with the scars dark (red, or in my case now brown); in the film (apparently, from what I have seen) the T Rex has a grayer/moss-greener skin, and the scars (which appear to be old damage) are a lighter gray color. I am not necessarily done with the repainting, although repainting the whole thing to make it movie accurate may be more than I'm bargaining on for now.

5tbleague - Jurassic Pratt Empty Re: Jurassic Pratt Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:52 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Funny pics. Maybe in the next Jurassic movie they’ll actually have him doing that.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

tbleague - Jurassic Pratt C8485110

6tbleague - Jurassic Pratt Empty Re: Jurassic Pratt Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:09 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
dadrab wrote:Mighty nicely done, GF. As I've mentioned I'm really weak for dinosaurs. Those look pretty damn good and while not exactly to scale, they fit the bill well. Reckon I should have jumped on one from TRU while they were still open. The Rocket on the small dino made me laugh. Thank you for showing us.

Thanks, dadrab. Glad you liked it. I have a weakness for dinos too (not as much as when I was a kid, but still). If you liked Rocket on that, be on the lookout for new posts featuring him and friends.

Stryker2011 wrote:Funny pics. Maybe in the next Jurassic movie they’ll actually have him doing that.

Thanks, Stryker. One can only hope. I think they should start calling these movies Jurassic Pratt. Smile

7tbleague - Jurassic Pratt Empty Re: Jurassic Pratt Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:33 pm

Ephiane

Ephiane
Love It !

tbleague - Jurassic Pratt Iappla10

The TBL Body and the HS looks great on the figure and i love the racoon

8tbleague - Jurassic Pratt Empty Re: Jurassic Pratt Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:28 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thank you, Ephiane. The raccoon (Rocket) is a new acquisition, but that wasn't the primary factor that led me to getting him. Still, I thought it appropriate for him to tag along.

9tbleague - Jurassic Pratt Empty Re: Jurassic Pratt Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:11 pm

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
GubernatorFan wrote:
BAD WOLF-787 wrote:Very cool photos, I see you found the battle damaged T-Rex. Very Happy Is this the one that roars? (mine doesn't).

Thank you, Bad Wolf. I'd been eyeing these on the shelves for some time, but Michael's review of one, and your photos of the other inspired me to go to for them once I saw them reduced. I don't know that there is a difference between regular and battle damaged versions (are you sure?). It roars when you pry the mouth open far enough.

Remember, I partly repainted them. The sculpting of the two dinosaurs is very close, although the articulation and action/sound feature(s) is slightly different (generally speaking, the smaller one is better in that respect). Both have the same scratches or wounds sculpted on them (mostly on the right side of the body and on the left side of the head), although they were not painted on the smaller version. On the larger version there were rather wide streaks of unrealistically bright red paint applied to some (but not all) of the sculpted scratches and also to some areas where there were no sculpted scratches. I "reduced" these to sculpted scratches only, made sure they fit within the sculpted width, and went over them with "German Brown Black" to simulate something closer to the color of dried blood. Otherwise, I focused on repainting parts of the head, teeth (which were not sculpted individually enough), and "hand" claws (which were not painted). I used some of the promotional images from the film (which I still haven't seen) as guide, and darkened parts of the head/face accordingly, added detail to the eyes, and dirtied up the overly light lower jaw. But I should note that there are some minor differences between the toy sculpt and what was (apparently) on screen, and also almost the entire paint scheme is off. The toys are pretty orange, with the scars dark (red, or in my case now brown); in the film (apparently, from what I have seen) the T Rex has a grayer/moss-greener skin, and the scars (which appear to be old damage) are a lighter gray color. I am not necessarily done with the repainting, although repainting the whole thing to make it movie accurate may be more than I'm bargaining on for now.

Oh I see and thank you for the 411 on your T-Rex, great job on the repaint, a couple of weeks ago I've seen one of the battle damaged T-Rex at a local Walmart yep your right the only main difference is the between the regular and battle damaged versions is the wide streaks of unrealistically bright red paint applied to him.

I just found this fully custom repainted T-Rex on eBay he looks great.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Jurassic-World-2-Fallen-Kingdom-SUPER-COLOSSAL-TYRANNOSAURUS-REX-Repainted/253697197746?epid=6018150816&hash=item3b118806b2:g:H~sAAOSwruxbKURw

10tbleague - Jurassic Pratt Empty Re: Jurassic Pratt Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:58 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
That repainted version on eBay looks great. Hard to tell from the photos, but I have the impression it is a huge improvement. Here are mine by themselves, but again, I've only done minimal repainting, and have only tried to be consistent to what Mattel was going for, not for the movie look just yet.

tbleague - Jurassic Pratt Jurass18

11tbleague - Jurassic Pratt Empty Re: Jurassic Pratt Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:36 pm

Kukolka

Kukolka
Hee, cute! Sure Star-Lord would ride on a T-Rex! ^^

tbleague - Jurassic Pratt Kukr7s10
https://kukolkacreates.wordpress.com/blog/

12tbleague - Jurassic Pratt Empty Re: Jurassic Pratt Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:52 am

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
A fun dio, nice one!

CHEERS!

13tbleague - Jurassic Pratt Empty Re: Jurassic Pratt Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:27 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Kukolka wrote:Hee, cute! Sure Star-Lord would ride on a T-Rex! ^^

Thank you! I know, I am surprised he hasn't yet (or maybe he has now, haven't seen the movie yet).

Rogerbee wrote:A fun dio, nice one!

Thanks, Roger! There must be a loose floorboard in my apartment, because every once in a while as I walk around, the little T-Rex makes a stomping sound (he has a little button on the bottom of his left sole).

14tbleague - Jurassic Pratt Empty Re: Jurassic Pratt Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:07 pm

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Man, I still can't get over how freakin big that dinosaur is! I have to keep trying to remember that's a 12" figure riding him. The repaint looks great, and like Dadrab, seeing Rocket on the smaller dino just cracked me up. I just (FINALLY) got a Rocket too! I've been wanting to pick him up him forever, and a good friend recently hooked me up. I'm dying to get him in some photoshoots too! Can't wait to see him pop up in yours.

15tbleague - Jurassic Pratt Empty Re: Jurassic Pratt Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:41 am

MarkEl

What a cool set up with attention to detail and humour. You have a really good touch GubFan with your storylines. That Pratt sculpt has a nice glancing aspect to his eyes. It pulls you into the scene.

16tbleague - Jurassic Pratt Empty Re: Jurassic Pratt Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:36 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
ReverendSpooky wrote:Man, I still can't get over how freakin big that dinosaur is!  I have to keep trying to remember that's a 12" figure riding him.  The repaint looks great, and like Dadrab, seeing Rocket on the smaller dino just cracked me up.  I just (FINALLY) got a Rocket too!  I've been wanting to pick him up him forever, and a good friend recently hooked me up.  I'm dying to get him in some photoshoots too!  Can't wait to see him pop up in yours.  

Thank you very much. Rocket is pretty cool, despite the limitations (the tight body suit) and the thin plastic limbs, and he will be showing up more soon.

MarkEl wrote:What a cool set up with attention to detail and humour.  You have a really good touch GubFan with your storylines.  That Pratt sculpt has a nice glancing aspect to his eyes.  It pulls you into the scene.  

Thank you very much. Not much of a storyline in this instance, but I do appreciate it. I am a little let down by the film itself (my friends might be right that this is what happens when you take it off the original setting and waste most of Pratt's comedic potential), so I suppose I am seeking some virtual escapism in the makeshift mish-mash of Pratt-related themes you see here (of course I made this before I saw the movie). HT's Pratt 2 head sculpt is very fine, almost perfect, and in my view slightly compromised by the sideways glance (which is cool but limits options); the Pratt 1 head sculpt was a bit more off somehow, perhaps stuck in an atypical expression; then again, the actor has a range of looks.

17tbleague - Jurassic Pratt Empty Re: Jurassic Pratt Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:57 pm

Allotropos

Allotropos
GubernatorFan wrote:tbleague - Jurassic Pratt Jurass18
I love this pic ! Looks like mama rex taking baby rex out for stroll !
Thanks for sharing mama rex is huge !

18tbleague - Jurassic Pratt Empty Re: Jurassic Pratt Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:13 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thank you, Allotropos! Glad you like them. Of course, with a sixth-scale figure thrown in, these become preteen sis and baby sis instead of mom and baby. Smile

19tbleague - Jurassic Pratt Empty Re: Jurassic Pratt Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:16 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Thanks for pointing me to this thread, GF....it's absolutely delightful! What a great find. And even more impressive is that you managed to create a backdrop that was big enough to go behind the T-Rex. :'D

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

20tbleague - Jurassic Pratt Empty Re: Jurassic Pratt Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:10 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Glad you liked it. The right type and size backdrop was a bit of a challenge but it worked out in the end. It remains useful, even after the dinos are gone -- I left them behind for a friend's kids when I moved.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum