OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: BLACKBOX: 1/6 Guess Me Series - Rocket Man (2 out of 10) (BBT9023A/B)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
BLACKBOX 1/6 GUESS ME SERIES -ROCKETEER PRODUCT ITEM NO.:BBT9023A
Accessories include: SET INCLUDES: Costume styling COSTUME: l White service shirt Service shirt l Light brown leather Tan Cowhide Leather 'Rocketeer' Jacket l Sand-colored riding pants Jodhpur pants l Dark brown leather garrison belt WWII Leather Garrison Belt l Dark brown injector strap lower-harness l Black short tube version leather hand 鎗 set Mauser C96 Holster Equipped with ACCESSORIES: l Helmet Rocketeer Helmet l Gloves X4 l Dark brown military boots Knee-high Boots l Hand 鎗 Mauser C-96 Bolo Pistol Simulation of HEAD-SCULPT "Body W/RELAXED HANDS in the palm/腳 palm

blackbox - NEW PRODUCT: BLACKBOX: 1/6 Guess Me Series - Rocket Man (2 out of 10) (BBT9023A/B) 16251210
blackbox - NEW PRODUCT: BLACKBOX: 1/6 Guess Me Series - Rocket Man (2 out of 10) (BBT9023A/B) 16251410
blackbox - NEW PRODUCT: BLACKBOX: 1/6 Guess Me Series - Rocket Man (2 out of 10) (BBT9023A/B) 16251512
blackbox - NEW PRODUCT: BLACKBOX: 1/6 Guess Me Series - Rocket Man (2 out of 10) (BBT9023A/B) 16251610
blackbox - NEW PRODUCT: BLACKBOX: 1/6 Guess Me Series - Rocket Man (2 out of 10) (BBT9023A/B) 16251711
blackbox - NEW PRODUCT: BLACKBOX: 1/6 Guess Me Series - Rocket Man (2 out of 10) (BBT9023A/B) 16251912
blackbox - NEW PRODUCT: BLACKBOX: 1/6 Guess Me Series - Rocket Man (2 out of 10) (BBT9023A/B) 16252011
blackbox - NEW PRODUCT: BLACKBOX: 1/6 Guess Me Series - Rocket Man (2 out of 10) (BBT9023A/B) 16252110
blackbox - NEW PRODUCT: BLACKBOX: 1/6 Guess Me Series - Rocket Man (2 out of 10) (BBT9023A/B) 16252211
blackbox - NEW PRODUCT: BLACKBOX: 1/6 Guess Me Series - Rocket Man (2 out of 10) (BBT9023A/B) 16252310
blackbox - NEW PRODUCT: BLACKBOX: 1/6 Guess Me Series - Rocket Man (2 out of 10) (BBT9023A/B) 16252510
blackbox - NEW PRODUCT: BLACKBOX: 1/6 Guess Me Series - Rocket Man (2 out of 10) (BBT9023A/B) 16252611
blackbox - NEW PRODUCT: BLACKBOX: 1/6 Guess Me Series - Rocket Man (2 out of 10) (BBT9023A/B) 16252710
blackbox - NEW PRODUCT: BLACKBOX: 1/6 Guess Me Series - Rocket Man (2 out of 10) (BBT9023A/B) 16252812
blackbox - NEW PRODUCT: BLACKBOX: 1/6 Guess Me Series - Rocket Man (2 out of 10) (BBT9023A/B) 16252912
blackbox - NEW PRODUCT: BLACKBOX: 1/6 Guess Me Series - Rocket Man (2 out of 10) (BBT9023A/B) 16253112
blackbox - NEW PRODUCT: BLACKBOX: 1/6 Guess Me Series - Rocket Man (2 out of 10) (BBT9023A/B) 16253212

BLACKBOX 1/6 GUESS ME SERIES -ROCKETEER PRODUCT ITEM NO.:BBT9023B
Accessories include: SET INCLUDES: Costume styling COSTUME: l White service shirt Service shirt l Light brown leather Tan Cowhide Leather 'Rocketeer' Jacket l Sand-colored riding pants Jodhpur pants l Dark brown leather garrison belt WWII Leather Garrison Belt l Dark brown injector strap lower-harness l Black short tube version leather hand 鎗 set Mauser C96 Holster Equipped with ACCESSORIES: l Helmet Rocketeer Helmet l Gloves X4 l Dark brown military boots Knee-high Boots l Hand 鎗 Mauser C-96 Bolo Pistol l Jetpack flame 熖 jetpack flame Simulation of HEAD-SCULPT "Body W/RELAXED HANDS in the palm/腳 palm

blackbox - NEW PRODUCT: BLACKBOX: 1/6 Guess Me Series - Rocket Man (2 out of 10) (BBT9023A/B) 16264710
blackbox - NEW PRODUCT: BLACKBOX: 1/6 Guess Me Series - Rocket Man (2 out of 10) (BBT9023A/B) 16264912
blackbox - NEW PRODUCT: BLACKBOX: 1/6 Guess Me Series - Rocket Man (2 out of 10) (BBT9023A/B) 16265011
blackbox - NEW PRODUCT: BLACKBOX: 1/6 Guess Me Series - Rocket Man (2 out of 10) (BBT9023A/B) 16265112
blackbox - NEW PRODUCT: BLACKBOX: 1/6 Guess Me Series - Rocket Man (2 out of 10) (BBT9023A/B) 16271310

#newproduct #BlackBox #GuessMeSeries #RocketMan #male #comicbook

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Well, that's a blast from the past. Smile Looks pretty well done, although as often the case with Black Box heads (other than Daniel Craig's), the likeness is perhaps a little tenuous. I can't quite decide. Maybe it's the expression... or the overly neat hair?

blackbox - NEW PRODUCT: BLACKBOX: 1/6 Guess Me Series - Rocket Man (2 out of 10) (BBT9023A/B) D84e0fb83960dff7c2640fc4962f2fec

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I think the wonky eyes are throwing it quite a bit, as well. I mean p, seriously, is it really that hard to apply the decals evenly? These types of errors always end up making the head look like a cross-eyed nitwit.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

blackbox - NEW PRODUCT: BLACKBOX: 1/6 Guess Me Series - Rocket Man (2 out of 10) (BBT9023A/B) C8485110

ahbake

Wow, what a nice figure! And really a blast from the past. Was it Medicom that did a figure ages ago?

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Yes. It was Medicom.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

blackbox - NEW PRODUCT: BLACKBOX: 1/6 Guess Me Series - Rocket Man (2 out of 10) (BBT9023A/B) C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Glad I wasn't the only one to get the impression he was a little cross-eyed. It is disturbing that this made it into a promotional image, but one can hope they would fix that in the actual product. That said, they have produced cross-eyed figures before...

jaztermareal

jaztermareal
Very excited for this but obviously a few concerns/nitpicks:
Will the leather/pleather last?
The head looks goofy but then again I would use helmet head
Helmet seems a little off
No experience with the brands bodies so could need replacing

davidd

davidd
Estimated Q4 2021 release.
Price: $185 USD without flame base, $229 USD with flame base
Pre-order open at Giantoy:
https://giantoy.com/products/1-6-blackbox-guess-me-series-rocketeer-bbt9023-action-figure-a-b

csyeung

csyeung
Looks nice, I agree with the cross eyes. Thought it was just me when I saw the pics. I'd probably get it if I was a diehard rocketeer fan. I honestly dont remember much of the movie, will have to rewatch. I just remember Jennifer Connely was in it =D

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
Loved the comic book. Loved the movie. Never owned the Medicom figure, so I already PO. I hope they fix the eyes. I also agree with jaztermareal, may have to do a body swap.

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
Did you guys P.O. the set with the flame base?
Still deciding it if its worth the $27 price difference and its two days to deadline.

I'm not 100% sold on the base, its too low, wish they made it proportionately taller, something like the Rocketeer statue by Diamond Select.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ActionFigures/comments/f5hxlr/found_a_shelf_for_my_diamond_select_rocketeer/

Skippy

rollotomasi wrote:Did you guys P.O. the set with the flame base?
Still deciding it if its worth the $27 price difference and its two days to deadline.

I'm not 100% sold on the base, its too low, wish they made it proportionately taller, something like the Rocketeer statue by Diamond Select.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ActionFigures/comments/f5hxlr/found_a_shelf_for_my_diamond_select_rocketeer/

I went for the regular as the flames never looked like that in the film. It's more like the poster art.

The flames also look pretty close to the seat of his trousers. lol

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
Haha pants on fire! Thanks for reply. Well that settles it.
I'll probably just buy a Hot Toys flight stand and look for translucent flame exhaust accessories.

Skippy

rollotomasi wrote:Haha pants on fire! Thanks for reply. Well that settles it.
I'll probably just buy a Hot Toys flight stand and look for translucent flame exhaust accessories.

The Boba Fett/Din Djarin/Heavy Mandalorian jetpack flames ought to work, even if you have to plug the holes with blue tack to hold them in place.

The newer versions have a nice orange flame, while the earlier ones look too red.

Alternatively, the flame thrower jets are longer, and start with a nice blue:

blackbox - NEW PRODUCT: BLACKBOX: 1/6 Guess Me Series - Rocket Man (2 out of 10) (BBT9023A/B) Hot-Toys-Incinerator-Trooper-014-928x483

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Good modification idea, Asta.

Skippy

GubernatorFan wrote:Good modification idea, Asta.

The flamethrower idea just came to me as I was looking at my figures comparing the old and new jet pack flames.

Looking at my pre-orders I'll have at least two of those to use on The Rocketeer as both King Boba and the new Djarin come with wrist jets.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Even ignoring the cross-eyes, I was thinking that the sculpt bears little resemblance to Bill(y) Campbell in this movie, but then neither does the man himself, now (no insult - I'm reliably informed by various female parties that he has improved with age).

The face on this sculpt is just a mite too square to be accurate. It looks as much like vintage Bill Pullman as it does Mr Campbell (remember the early 90s, when it seemed like every b-movie leading man was called Bill?).

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum