OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Anyone taking pre-orders for Kaustic Plastik's new Romans?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

JohnByng

I haven't seen any but the video on OSW seems to indicate a July release date so I thought I might have missed the boat?

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
If they claim they're releasing in July, my guess is the PO was probably a couple of years ago. They've been extremely slow over the last few years.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Anyone taking pre-orders for Kaustic Plastik's new Romans? C8485110

Skippy

TNS put them up for pre-order last November.

The best bet would be to wait for Kaustic Plastik to put them up themselves, which usually only happens shortly before they come into stock.

http://www.kaustic-plastik.com/eng/cat-1/Ancient-Rome-Roman-Army.htm

JohnByng

Thanks guys! I have missed things before so I wasn't sure what to do. I will keep an eye on their site.

Skippy

JohnByng wrote:Thanks guys! I have missed things before so I wasn't sure what to do. I will keep an eye on their site.

If the video was correct then KP will be among the last to get them, which is a bit ironic.

Same thing used to happen when ordering direct from Asmus.

As Stryker wrote, KP have just become generally slow. Don't think their figures have been good sellers, so they keep recycling parts into new releases.

I've ordered the Legionary and Cavalry auxiliaries from this latest batch.

Skippy

My Roman Auxilia arrived today.

1st Century AD infantry with Coolus Helm Type C, Schaan:

Anyone taking pre-orders for Kaustic Plastik's new Romans? 6DgUyDW

1st Century AD cavalry with Niederbieber Type Helm and Arlon Belgica Type Cuirass:

Anyone taking pre-orders for Kaustic Plastik's new Romans? 0pYBSgn

(And there is sculptural evidence for cavalry wearing bracers!)

As expected some of the metal plates fell off the belts and straps, as the glue they use is more like the tacky stuff on a post-it note.

The brass pin and ring assembly used to tie the cheek guards under the chin was completely missing from one of the infantryman's cheek guards when I took him out of the box. I searched through all the layers of foam packing and eventually found the two tiny pieces, so was able glue them back in place. I think all the fiddly metalwork is assembled in Rome, and they must use watchmakers' tools. The tiny pin went flying from my tweezers at one point and it took a while to find again.

On the cavalryman's helmet the visor had been fixed with a slope: the pin on one side had been placed too high. I spent around an hour trying to remove that pin - and it's pretty clear that Italian glue is a lot stronger than that used in Chinese factories!

Rather than drilling a new hole I cut the pin down and just glued the visor at the lower level. I thought I'd have to fill in KP's mis-drilled hole, but it's actually so minute that you can barely see it.

Anyone taking pre-orders for Kaustic Plastik's new Romans? UO3Y2Lx

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum