OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories.

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 21 ... 31  Next

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 31]

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
He looks ready to me but you're a perfectionist. And who could blame you? Smile

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

Rogerbee

Founding Father
He looks ace!

CHEERS!

peter the painter

Just amazing custom work.

Cheers,

Peter.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
dadrab wrote:Outstanding, brah.

Thanks dadrab!

GubernatorFan wrote:He looks ready to me but you're a perfectionist. And who could blame you? Smile

LOL, cheers GF! Plenty more to do even though I am eager to get onto the next one..

Rogerbee wrote:He looks ace!

CHEERS!

Thanks Roger!

peter the painter wrote:Just amazing custom work.

Cheers,

Peter.

Thank you Peter! I've just been researching their costumes on line (for the millionth time Wink ) to see what material I can give to one without depriving it from another since I'm only using what I have in my bags of stuff. Doing so, I went on the Wetta official web site for their statues and of course they have 12 of the 13 Dwarves in 1/6 statues (they call them figures, odd..they still haven't made a Fili), anyway my point was that even with all the backing they have and access to images and footage we'll never see, their facial likenesses of the Dwarves are way off compared to yours!! I thought you'd be chuffed to know that and I certainly feel lucky that you took my commissions especially as you had done them before. Here's a link so you can see for yourself if you haven't already. Just scroll down, it should be set to The Hobbit 'figures' if not you can choose that filter.

https://www.wetanz.com/shop/figures

ZombieKev

I hate following along in your threads because I'm impatient and just want to see the final product, but your results are always worth it. Smile Amazing work

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
ZombieKev wrote:I hate following along in your threads because I'm impatient and just want to see the final product, but your results are always worth it.  Smile   Amazing work

Thank you I think.. Laughing Wink

Thought I had the shoulder pads sorted by using that cut off piece of a 1/6 Frodo corduroy coat but then realised the bloody lines were all facing the wrong way! They need to be at a 90 degreeish angle from the black lines to be stitched over them as shown in the close up pic. So I had to take that piece all apart and reconnect loads of little segments into a circular shape with the lines of the material all facing the other way, then cut to shape, add the very thin foam, the black T-shirt material and fold it over to make the borders. I also painted the corduroy with red ink as it was too brown; I still need to stitch a gazillion black lines to complete the look before I can attach it. I also fixed a couple of mistakes in the gold geometric pattern on the main robe using acetone free nail polish remover, then gave all the patterns' edges a 'shadow' of darker berry red marker to make them more 3D. Looks a bit Art Deco but I like it.

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 11 TM4pnbd

(brown/red) Lines facing the wrong way

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 11 ORUehuc

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 11 K7UqADK

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 11 3uqUSO4

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 11 Cbl2lqb

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 11 QtP0vDa

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 11 HlBPOts

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 11 YARVGid

Testing markers and nail polish remover as an 'eraser'.

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 11 P5rB3Wa

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 11 8l8VljC

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 11 Pne9Czv

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 11 WsfLBU1

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 11 Mh5funx

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 11 OPCYa92

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 11 IU2ZKE7

Red ink added

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 11 V5bhXU2

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 11 DsZGtwZ

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 11 8qbeDEO

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
He's really coming together now!

CHEERS!

dadrab

dadrab
Since your work is so consistent and constant, I tend to take your posts for granted.

That is my shortcoming. I should not do that.

Thanks for showing us the builds. I love every post, though I might not always say it.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Holy cow this coat has progressed dramatically.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 11 C8485110

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:He's really coming together now!

CHEERS!

dadrab wrote:Since your work is so consistent and constant, I tend to take your posts for granted.

That is my shortcoming. I should not do that.

Thanks for showing us the builds. I love every post, though I might not always say it.

Stryker2011 wrote:Holy cow this coat has progressed dramatically.

Thanks guys! I'm just so glad people bother to follow my WIP threads and you guys kindly keep up the comments! Very Happy

Been sewing since 4am, nearly done with the shoulder pads, stitched all the borders too.
Oh and finally found enough hooks and loops for his main robe by going through all my figures spare clothing, 1/6 seem to only have poppers and Velcro but found these hooks on a few 1/4 Obi-Wan Kenobi (ANH) Jedi outer robes.

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 11 D5xYOks

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 11 UZrC6ee

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 11 13yNCdH

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 11 4cULpl7

dadrab

dadrab
My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 11 4cULpl7

For future reference (but, you probably already know it), these are standard women's dress hooks. Available almost everywhere that sells needles and thread...on-line by the millions and cheap.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Looking good!

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
dadrab wrote:
For future reference (but, you probably already know it), these are standard women's dress hooks. Available almost everywhere that sells needles and thread...on-line by the millions and cheap.

Good point! Just found some on ebay, thanks!

Rogerbee wrote:Looking good!

CHEERS!

Thanks Roger!

Okay I think I've finished all his sewing and clothing at last! cheers  Still got his boots to finish, make his weapon and add some final details like studs to his under shirt and main robe etc..
First pics are of the shoulder pads completed but not yet sewn in place, then I gave him a belly and hooks for his main robe, last pics are after the final sewing and clasps and belt attached.

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 11 IQp8CsU

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 11 OSbEQkT

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 11 DQbRvtL

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 11 IYurHRm

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 11 B6UlzLA

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 11 KvMk7an

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 11 YzWkyUs

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 11 J0FrzSk

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 11 VroYFiZ

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 11 WEeB1mq

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 11 XwpmQOx

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 11 U1Tm1Cv

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 11 LfYtte3

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 11 TA3jls8

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 11 6PIEqIO

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 11 ATFJO7i

peter the painter

Alex, that costume looks so good, great work.

Cheers,

Peter.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
peter the painter wrote:Alex, that costume looks so good, great work.

Cheers,

Peter.

Thank you Peter! That gold pattern still bugs me but without even a flattened/2D picture of it for reference I can't make hide nor hair of it, it's just too complicated for my little brain! I suck at maths! Wink should blend in okay when displayed with all the others...so much more work to do..

peter the painter

The pattern looks pretty convincing to me, anyhow the overall look stands very well indeed.

From this,

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 11 43885324911_1cc5aeebb9_zSLmd8Ma by Peter Miles, on Flickr

to this, Amazing work.

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 11 44251751941_c35695228e_zVroYFiZ by Peter Miles, on Flickr

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 11 44251752001_6dbb90ebc0_zWEeB1mq by Peter Miles, on Flickr

Cheers,

Peter.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Really fine looking figure there.

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
peter the painter wrote:The pattern looks pretty convincing to me, anyhow the overall look stands very well indeed.
Cheers,

Peter.

Thanks for editing the pics Peter!

Rogerbee wrote:Really fine looking figure there.

CHEERS!

Cheers Roger!

Done his articulation as I almost forgot! And nearly finished his boots, need weathering and the silver caps still.

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 11 FTbHcm6

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 11 Qewyed6

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 11 KuSUx30

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 11 UqLEQeP

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 11 FO2HPmR

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 11 H7a1klC

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Those boots look so good, really well done!

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:Those boots look so good, really well done!

CHEERS!

Thank you very much Roger! They were a pain in the neck to lace though, especially as I used rolled paper string that's used to tie Transformers to their clamshell packaging! LOL. Used bits of a coffee drum peal back seal to make the silver toecaps. All done now except for affixing the head and adding a little bit of light grey to the hair/beard etc.. and making his glaive. Might make that when I need to use black milliput for other stuff too as it's a pain to clean up (tools, hands etc..).

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 11 CZ2B6PR

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 11 Ql5puLy

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 11 MxekPP0

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 11 VUD6yBg

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 11 VzXY58u

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 11 E6WQUgZ

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 11 QTWNGGA

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Getting better and better!

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
What he said, LOL!

CHEERS!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 31]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 21 ... 31  Next