OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories.

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18 ... 25  Next

Go down  Message [Page 12 of 25]

Rogerbee

Founding Father
Nice job, we know they're there and we wouldn't expect anything less.

CHEERS!

dadrab

It's the details of your builds that make them monumental.

Nice blade.

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
It is super difficult to sculpt a convincing weapon of this type and in this scale. Mine are one-sided and still not convincing... yours promises to look just right when you are done prettying it up. Smile

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

Ovy

With Sausage dwarf I mean Bombur, there was a scene where...well, this scene:

Did he ever say anything throughout the triology? I think he was in charge of the food inventory. The barrel scene was horrible. xD
I really like the head sculpt peter made, I wonder how your Bombur will turn out.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
He has at least one line, it provokes Bifur's only line which is pretty funny and appropriate considering the circumstances (Bifur could speak while the axe was in his head, only a bit of ancient Dwarvish tongue, he couldn't recall the 'common language' due to the brain damage, I think Bombur just had food in his mouth a lot?).

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
I think, now you've come this far, you'll have to do everyone.

CHEERS!

jaztermareal

jaztermareal
your resourcefulness never ceaces to amaze! I am not into LOTR but the subject matter allows for a great deal of custom parts projects, you will be busy for a long time Smile

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
peter the painter wrote:The knives are a really nice touch, they will look great when they are painted up.
Cheers,
Peter.

Got another two Kukri ones to do as well.

Rogerbee wrote:Nice job, we know they're there and we wouldn't expect anything less.

CHEERS!

Well it's the details that I love about the Dwarven costumes and weapons, just makes them a bugger to replicate in 1/6! Wink

dadrab wrote:It's the details of your builds that make them monumental.

Nice blade.

Thanks dadrab!

GubernatorFan wrote:It is super difficult to sculpt a convincing weapon of this type and in this scale. Mine are one-sided and still not convincing... yours promises to look just right when you are done prettying it up. Smile

Yeah got a bunch more to do, still just tempted to do most of the weapons all together though...

Rogerbee wrote:I think, now you've come this far, you'll have to do everyone.

CHEERS!

Well I might get around to some of the female characters at some point but got loads of Iron Man builds I want to do first.

jaztermareal wrote:your resourcefulness never ceaces to amaze! I am not into LOTR but the subject matter allows for a great deal of custom parts projects, you will be busy for a long time Smile

Too true, nothing off the shelf here! Thank goodness for Peter doing custom sculpts!!

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Ugh. Just more and more awesomeness. Every time I tune in, I'm again impressed by the ingenuity and attention to detail.

Also, I've never even heard about that printable fabric paper before! Thanks for the heads up on it.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
ReverendSpooky wrote:Ugh.  Just more and more awesomeness.  Every time I tune in, I'm again impressed by the ingenuity and attention to detail.  

Also, I've never even heard about that printable fabric paper before!  Thanks for the heads up on it.  

No probs, it's real soft fabric especially the silk just lightly glued onto regular paper, you cut it out and peel it off leaving the paper sticky not the fabric.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Done Nori's glove armour and the scabbards for his kukri knives so calling him finished for now, I'll make his weapons later with others for reasons I've explained before. Gloin or Bifur next I think, both are as large as Dwalin just a tad shorter.

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 GQlRxIy

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 QOxgjGM

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 IiU3tNG

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 DNBM73F

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 Y1raVvy

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 Hk0p3zZ

NEXT:

Gloin..

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 Tjfn8aH

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 I30jzFc

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 HFWX0nZ

OR

Bifur..

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 Z83lflC

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 CJThBRc

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 2OHeo7U

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Great job on Nori. Another one joins the pack.

peter the painter

Wow! Nori looks excellent' look forward to seeing your next figures coming together.

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 44275777762_e65c5339b5leonid-vinogradov-screenshot011 by Peter Miles, on Flickr

Cheers,

Peter.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Nori is brilliant! You've gone to another level with these guys, looking forward to Gloin next.

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:Great job on Nori. Another one joins the pack.

peter the painter wrote:Wow! Nori looks excellent' look forward to seeing your next figures coming together.

Cheers,

Peter.

Rogerbee wrote:Nori is brilliant! You've gone to another level with these guys, looking forward to Gloin next.

CHEERS!

Thank you GF, Peter, Roger!

Gloin's going to be another tricky one like Balin, lots of complicated stuff going on: Wicker woven leather armour, Dwarven scale mail, leather bordered edging with patterns, another type of plate scale mail, really complicated boots and gauntlets...going to be interesting...affraid Wink

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Starting Gloin, Gimli's dad! I'll obviously need to make him a bulky body before anything else. Love this scene from the film when Legolas thinks Gloin's wife is his brother and Gimli is an Orc hybrid LOL, plus Fili's great collection of hidden knives:

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 NFtBfsM

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 7zl3EIs

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 AwtlmuQ

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
I wouldn't know where to start, so I'm glad you do!

SHEERS!

peter the painter

Rogerbee wrote:I wouldn't know where to start, so I'm glad you do!

SHEERS!

Ditto! neither would I, its just fascinating to watch them progress from what seem to be oddments, to completed figures of such quality.

Cheers,

Peter.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
SHEERS! Ooops! LOL!

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81

SHEERS!

peter the painter wrote:

SHEERS!

Ditto! neither would I, its just fascinating to watch them progress from what seem to be oddments, to completed figures of such quality.

Cheers,

Peter.

Well there's always method in my madness even if it takes a while to find it! Wink

Been experimenting with what might work for his wicker like leather tunic, started off cutting a bra cup into strips with plans to weave them together but it looks like a very messy way of doing it especially as glue is needed for each connection/overlap. Trying something different now, never done it before, using the double sided cotton printable fabric (quite thick and stiff already) and painting both sides with acrylic for a base colour to print on, one side is orange-red the other is a darker blood red. The idea is to be able to have two attempts on one sheet of printing a wicker pattern or two in grey scale over the red and hopefully end up with a pattern I can use and not wreck my printer! Shocked Should work fingers crossed, or might just be a big black smudge...

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 QvAabJe

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 XK3HSKn

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 31YMVpd

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 QvFrXnq

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 QcMq0CW

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 FxLcHbn

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 CReambk

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 ZY2hm1s

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 NDHTaNL

Wicker designs to choose from:

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 WvrTsRP

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 Pg8ULX7

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 Bp4pO0E

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 AkHDKPn

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 Thi2Pra

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 IfG1MI6

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
HA-HA!! Success! Assuming it won't smudge when dry.... wish I could safely clear coat it....hairspray maybe... Anyway it worked! Chose the design below for the most options like the squares in the middle and printed it twice on the orange-red side.

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 Bp4pO0E

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 4ulQ1bo

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 U61eOY6

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 IBujF1T

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 IzVQNrB

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 XmYTSEW

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 LeUNVBj

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 QqyPCNV

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 OEkGKCn

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 0OMFkXA

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 SaBp3SZ

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 4ozmM39

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Another masterpiece taking shape. At least there's proof that you do read all our posts now, LOL!

CHEERS!

dadrab

dadrab
Outstanding finish to Nori. He looks awesome (was there any doubt?).

Brilliant wicker print, too. It's going to look mighty fine.

peter the painter

That print looks great, would a matt acrylic spray not help to  fix it?

Cheers,

Peter.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Cool looking Nori. Gloin looks like he’d be bad-@$$!

He who dies with the most toys wins!

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 C8485110

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:Another masterpiece taking shape. At least there's proof that you do read all our posts now, LOL!

CHEERS!

Oh the monitor in the background? Very Happy

dadrab wrote:Outstanding finish to Nori. He looks awesome (was there any doubt?).

Brilliant wicker print, too. It's going to look mighty fine.

Thank you sir!

peter the painter wrote:That print looks great, would a matt acrylic spray not help to  fix it?

Cheers,

Peter.

Thank you, sadly not, even the liquid clear makes the ink run, although after the ink dried it seems smudge-proof and fixed which is a relief!

Stryker2011 wrote:Cool looking Nori. Gloin looks like he’d be bad-@$$!

Well he's Gimli's Dad, I'd expect no less! Wink Already have his weapons ready since my custom Gimli could spare a couple of extras!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Built Gloin's body to his impressive proportions even for a Dwarf shoulder/stockiness wise since he's a veteran great Dwarven warrior like Dwalin but he is a bit shorter. Clothing is the usual mock-up just to get an idea.

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 AvBsz5I

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 BtGCdgJ

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 XKWv2aN

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 PTvCOlP

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 Uy7MHVj

peter the painter

Great start, he's looking good already.

Cheers,

Peter.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Yeah, you're going great guns!

CHEERS!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 12 of 25]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18 ... 25  Next