OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories.

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 21 ... 25  Next

Go down  Message [Page 17 of 25]

Rogerbee

Founding Father
They look ace! Glad you'll be warm again!

CHEERS!

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Nice touches on all the little details for the clasps and buckle. Those boots turned out great.

shovelchop81

Rogerbee wrote:They look ace! Glad you'll be warm again!

CHEERS!

Thanks! And hot water! Don't realise how much you take it for granted until you go to have a shower then remember you haven't got any!

Stryker2011 wrote:Nice touches on all the little details for the clasps and buckle. Those boots turned out great.

Cheers Stryker! I might improve on the accuracy of the fasteners in the future but they work for now.

Finished the belt and the weapons are nearly done, gauntlets are next and the last things I think.

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 17 Tx5jM7n

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 17 DVIIOla

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 17 AeL6QVJ

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 17 P3EpreU

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 17 E3zChB9

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 17 J2tAZzn

peter the painter

Great costume and weapon details, really looking forward to seeing the finished version of Glion.

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 17 30196300227_22a030ee88_ztx5jM7n by Peter Miles, on Flickr

Cheers,

Peter.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Looking good!

I'm sure I'll have all the fun of my own heating maintenance to come, though I'd never choose gas, only electric will do.

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
peter the painter wrote:Great costume and weapon details, really looking forward to seeing the finished version of Glion.

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 17 30196300227_22a030ee88_ztx5jM7n by Peter Miles, on Flickr

Cheers,

Peter.

Nearly there!

Rogerbee wrote:Looking good!

I'm sure I'll have all the fun of my own heating maintenance to come, though I'd never choose gas, only electric will do.

CHEERS!

Nah, grew up with electric in Greece, take ages to heat up and can zap you if the earth's not very good, like on our island house the sheet rock's not very conductive so if you knock your pecker against the tap...ouch!! Athens converted to gas about 15 years ago.

Done the armguards/gauntlets more accurately than I'd planned but was worth the extra time.

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 17 F319nDD

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 17 WXXNXqS

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 17 Mw1cARA

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 17 Sv1kjEm

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 17 VOGwjBT

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 17 YWKGMDa

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 17 Qf3Mq4F

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 17 SC9o4Qi

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 17 OmyOuxM

peter the painter

They look really good.

Cheers,

Peter.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Very nice,

We converted to electric from solid fuel and it's been fine. I just wouldn't trust myself at all with gas.

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:I will just chime in with the others, the boots blend in beautifully with the rest of the outfit. And I am sorry to hear about your 1:1 boiler woes.

Sorry I missed you post GF! It was right at the bottom of page 8. Thank you!

peter the painter wrote:They look really good.

Cheers,

Peter.

Thanks Peter! Even better on him! Wink

Rogerbee wrote:Very nice,

We converted to electric from solid fuel and it's been fine. I just wouldn't trust myself at all with gas.

CHEERS!

Cheers! Yeah I remember we had huge oil tanks too that were used for central heating not hot water.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Finished Gloin's weapons and the complete figure. I made his knives similar to Indonesian/Philippine karambit  knife that is used in martial arts for very close quarter attacks, I've got a nice one by Cold Steel, dangerous bit of kit if you don't know how to use one (pics are of a training one from the net). I'm going to give Gloin his own thread as I took many pictures in different poses using different weapons.

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 17 QWYQY43

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 17 MBoywva

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 17 Karambit_%28Tecnica_1%29

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 17 Karambit_%28Tecnica_2%29

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 17 9DymNB9

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 17 FRkDS5P

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Impressive work. He turned out great.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 17 C8485110

peter the painter

Great work on Gloin Alex, with that array of weaponry he looks a real tough character too.

Cheers,

Peter

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
He is superb!

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
peter the painter wrote:Great work on Gloin Alex, with that array of weaponry he looks a real tough character too.

Cheers,

Peter

Thanks Peter!

Rogerbee wrote:He is superb!

CHEERS!

Thank you very much Roger! Please check out his dedicated thread, I've tried to show off his articulation and weaponry as much as possible.

Another of the biggest Dwarves next..Bofur! (on the left).

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 17 FaS3or9

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Will do,

Bofur looks like a fun build.

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:Will do,

Bofur looks like a fun build.

CHEERS!

Should be although he's deceptively complicated the closer you get to the actual costume, I'll be using a lot of hemp, yellow ink and tusks on this build! Wink Rebuilt some guns and did a lot of shooting so I think I'm about ready to tackle another Dwarf! Laughing

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 17 AGwtbvA

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 17 0Gl2lxI

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 17 7R6Kqbu

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 17 TH6hbuA

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 17 V3OeS9m

peter the painter

Alex, I thought it was Bifur on the left of the pic and not Bofur? Bifur looks to be another complicated figure, however having seen your previous builds I'm sure he will look a treat, still admiring your Gloin, and other figures at the moment, but looking forward to seeing Bofur/Bifur's  development, whichever you choose to do next.

Cheers,

Peter.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
peter the painter wrote:

Alex, I thought it was Bifur on the left of the pic and not Bofur? Bifur looks to be another complicated figure, however having seen your previous builds I'm sure he will look a treat, still admiring your Gloin, and other figures at the moment, but looking forward to seeing Bofur/Bifur's  development, whichever you choose to do next.

Cheers,

Peter.

LOL, I keep getting these two brothers names mixed up and tend to think of them as James Nesbitt and the one with the axe in his head! His costume make me think of a wasp with the yellowish and brown/black patterns then his long boar hunting spear as a stinger.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
I'm sure you'll be able to work everything out.

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:I'm sure you'll be able to work everything out.

CHEERS!

Er.. work what out dude? The names? Got the rest covered hopefully, at least ideas wise for the build in my head Wink .

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I can feel another epic custom figure on the way.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:I can feel another epic custom figure on the way.

Cheers GF! Hopefully not literally 'epic' i.e. a very long story... as I'd like to finish all these little buggers before I die! Wink Laughing

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
shovelchop81 wrote:
Rogerbee wrote:I'm sure you'll be able to work everything out.

CHEERS!

Er.. work what out dude? The names? Got the rest covered hopefully, at least ideas wise for the build in my head Wink .

The complicated costume.

CHEERS!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Some cool elements in that costume. Looking forward to the WIP pics.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 17 C8485110

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Stryker2011 wrote:Some cool elements in that costume. Looking forward to the WIP pics.

Sorry about the delay, needed a breather and had other non 1/6 stuff to work on. Built his body today but got a bit worried I was going out of scale but seems to be okay, I'm just tackling another of the bigger Dwarves, it's hard to draw a line between a short stocky bloke and a Tolkien fantasy warrior Dwarf at times, it's often just the proportions and not necessarily the height it seems, i.e. long torso, short legs and arms and big head with high forehead, big features like noses, ears, hands feet etc.. Took some comparison pics to work out if I was still on track or not. Found an old Spawn dio that with the addition of a painting or something to cover up the hole and perhaps turn the other into a window, will work nicely for old Bilbo's fireplace scene where he kept the ring in an envelope for Frodo and talked to Gandalf.

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 17 Z7IfXbJ

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 17 Sb7jrvg

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 17 XFjn8Ex

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 17 ZWHY1QV

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 17 3g4HTz7

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 17 OTAZPX5

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 17 WVMIKdy

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 17 LO1UJqS

Eh, maybe with a bit of work...

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 17 Maxresdefault

Actually there are so many interpretations I don't think accuracy is a problem!

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 17 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQV-9oggcg16OuD7B0-zgaOBSsTe6Axc4UEEBx6W1qnEptHwwEtxA

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 17 Article-0-093E5432000005DC-807_634x443

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 17 0c83e29ed623dc6a006f3a5039fec7b0

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 17 371

Window

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 17 Rustic

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Finished the body and all it's padding, extremities etc. so done clothing mock up too.

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 17 WkinLO6

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 17 Oh12iuF

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 17 EFCIALm

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 17 ZuJeVAm

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 17 SoC5Q2v

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I'd say he's almost ready to go! Smile Well done.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:I'd say he's almost ready to go! Smile Well done.

Cheers GF! Actually I haven't even started tailoring his complex (again!) clothing, there's going to be a lot of sewing on this guy...at least I had a break from that with Gloin but not cutting corners here with glue alone, should be less work than Balin though...famous last words... Wink

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Nice!

He doesn't look impressed with the union jack underpants though!

CHEERS!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 17 of 25]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 21 ... 25  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum