OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories.

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 31  Next

Go down  Message [Page 25 of 31]

peter the painter

Rogerbee wrote:That belt is brilliant!

CHEERS!

It certainly is, very well done.

Cheers,

Peter.

shovelchop81

CHEERS!

peter the painter wrote:

CHEERS!

It certainly is, very well done.

Cheers,

Peter.

Thank you Roger and Peter! Sorry about the slower pace of build but I've been busy sorting out other stuff. Making a start on his boots and taken pics of how far along he is, basically still needs weapons boots and a bunch of detail work plus I'm tempted to give him his distinctive enlarged? left eye, probably axe related..

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 26 Wv3JLgs

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 26 NGP4ZEE

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 26 8a2UiHJ

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 26 J2WhQwT

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 26 WxhRSz2

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 26 ZKeoVZG

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
He's really coming to life now.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
He looks SO good!

CHEERS!

Allotropos

Allotropos
Wow..Bifur is looking awesome !

Pontiacivan

Pontiacivan
Once again, over the damn top! Five minutes inside your brain would probably be an awesome trip.
Your solutions to problems and the shear volume of creative ideas you present is astounding.
You will always be one of my favorite figure creators. A very satisfying post to read and re-read.

peter the painter

He is looking great Alex, excellent work on the costume to date, wouldn't expect any other from you.

Cheers,

Peter.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Man, that’s looking great already.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 26 C8485110

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:He's really coming to life now.

Rogerbee wrote:He looks SO good!

CHEERS!

Allotropos wrote:Wow..Bifur is looking awesome !

Pontiacivan wrote:Once again, over the damn top! Five minutes inside your brain would probably be an awesome trip.
Your solutions to problems and the shear volume of creative ideas you present is astounding.
You will always be one of my favorite figure creators. A very satisfying post to read and re-read.

peter the painter wrote:He is looking great Alex, excellent work on the costume to date, wouldn't expect any other from you.

Cheers,

Peter.

Stryker2011 wrote:Man, that’s looking great already.

Thanks guys!
Ponti, my brain is no where you want to go! LOL! You'd be stealing everyone's trash for a start! Laughing
Having a rapid deceleration in build work getting done as I'm burnt out and need a break from LOTR related stuff but don't want to start another 1/6 project since I'd then be committed to that for ages and not get back to these guys for a while. So I'm compromising by doing a gun build I've put off for far too long that should only take a couple of weeks to do since I just ordered a nice new Bosch angle grinder to do the mods to make it a CO2 powered full blow back 30rnd pellet shooter with rifled barrel. You can see how huge it is in the pics, there's a 1/6 Dr. No for size reference; it's a full metal replica of a Barrett .50cal anti-material rifle used for taking out engine blocks, tank tracks, targets behind concrete walls etc.. at 1,500m.
As for Bifur, I've built his boots and started on his eye resculpt also resculpted his eyebrow to be more arched  as per the reference pic above, got to paint it next, and make the eyes green.

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 26 TXBoujg

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 26 70QIXM2

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 26 AgcAiCk

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 26 WUAivuo

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 26 SPtLnHn

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 26 0unZ2Oi

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 26 7ymW5fB

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 26 TNrwtai

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 26 VTvbqVK

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 26 XXiSfUl

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Damn I still suck at doing eyes! Even in this case where it's only one... technically not human either..oh well I'll get there eventually. Made all the tusks out of milliput (the slug looking things LOL) and started to finish other weapons like Nori's kukri based knives and Balin's glaive etc..

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 26 NqLH1bP

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 26 RHQxfpX

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 26 AZA1ihS

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 26 VGVkNft

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I'm sure eyes in this scale are difficult for everyone (I was wondering what you were doing with them in the first place), so don't get dejected. You'll get them right...

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:I'm sure eyes in this scale are difficult for everyone (I was wondering what you were doing with them in the first place), so don't get dejected. You'll get them right...

Well it can be pretty disheartening to not be able to get the damn things right, 1/6 eyes have always been my nemesis and I thought I'd tried everything until now... just discovered my new secret weapon on 1/6 eyes (no it's not sunglasses as tempting as they can be! Laughing

This is actually Thorin on set!Wink

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 26 Px2myee

...But a simple small hole punch through painters' masking tape, can't believe I never thought of it before! It just occurred to me last night while in bed (when I get a lot of my ideas problem solving, helps me get to sleep and not get depressed). And it works! I also found painting the marker colour I wanted onto the brush tip then using that to apply it helped a lot. I still need to gloss they eyes.

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 26 XPdF3PX

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 26 M0k2SnY

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 26 SGUakuP

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 26 6AvoOaV

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 26 JVStUae

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 26 P7xw39f

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 26 H9CLkZs

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 26 RWkBAjT

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 26 LievaqN

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 26 ZKeoVZG

Before:

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 26 NUk4mlj

After:

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 26 YXjlfsa

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Great idea, provided there is enough space. That's what I've begun to use to paint the nipples on TBLeague bodies when needed. lol

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Redid his eyebrows to match the reference pic a bit more, glossed the eyes (very reflective now so hates the flash!) and put his axe back in after a paint touch up, also touched up the braids and hair in general where the paint was a bit worn/thin. I'll be adding some 'real hair' later.

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 26 OvpvGtn

looks a bit durpy here thanks to the flash lol, gives him character though! Wink

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 26 8m0VRMT

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 26 NuuJRE6

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 26 IZO9OJn

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 26 E6Vs5g6

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:Great idea, provided there is enough space. That's what I've begun to use to paint the nipples on TBLeague bodies when needed. lol

LOL! Never had to do that so far...

peter the painter

Alex, that's not the expression I would necessarily associate with Bifur but, I like it.

Cheers,

Peter.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
peter the painter wrote:Alex, that's not the expression I would necessarily associate with Bifur but, I like it.

Cheers,

Peter.

The actor is quite facially expressive in the movie as he can't talk (well only bits of some ancient dialect of Dwarvish and not the common tongue) because of the axe wound affecting that part of his brain, this info is official canon. He gets one line in the extended Director's Cut version of the film when the axe is finally removed!

dadrab

dadrab
Damn...Go away for a few days and this guy builds an entire figure...

Excellent work, too, brah.

Carry on.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
dadrab wrote:Damn...Go away for a few days and this guy builds an entire figure...

Excellent work, too, brah.

Carry on.

Funny you should say that, I'm actually on a break, well not really a break but building a replica Barrett .50 as a change of pace since I was burnt out on the LOTR/Hobbit stuff, still doing the odd bit when the mood takes me like starting the weapons and repaint the head here and there.

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 26 QVXMGSH

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 26 NeVmQH7

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 26 Uyp6o28

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
A Barrett 50?! Cool. Will it be fully functional?

I've been wanting one for years, but man! The cost is ridiculous (with scope around $13,000 - 15,000!!!) (Maybe if I wasn't spending all my spare money on 1/6 I could actually save up for one....)

He who dies with the most toys wins!

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 26 C8485110

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Stryker2011 wrote:A Barrett 50?! Cool. Will it be fully functional?

I've been wanting one for years, but man! The cost is ridiculous (with scope around $13,000 - 15,000!!!) (Maybe if I wasn't spending all my spare money on 1/6 I could actually save up for one....)

Well in American terms no, they banned .50cal rifles of any kind (they used to allow single shot versions but semi auto only in .22cal) as I guess they decided collectors or sports shooters didn't really need anti material rifles! There was only one range you could use them on in the whole of the UK, which is in Wales where I live funnily enough but it's a military range so you need serious connections to be able to use it! I'm converting a full metal airsoft AEG into a much higher powered (but legal) CO2 powered 35 round true semi auto pellet shooter. Done a fair bit of work so far but more to do including the reciprocating cocking handle/dust cover. Obviously it will be all black when finished Wink .

Replica Barrett build thread

dadrab

dadrab
I see you put the same kind of love into your weapons builds that you do into your custom figures.

Very nice.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 25 of 31]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 31  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum